Mfw the temp agency that writes my checks accidentally gave me 250 more dollars than I earned

>mfw the temp agency that writes my checks accidentally gave me 250 more dollars than I earned
What should I do lads? What are the chances of being prosecuted if I cash it and spend the money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ST3ZKKk8RIY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What country are you in?

Burgerland.

direct deposit?

Nyet, I pick up the check and it's up to me to cash it.

Besides this thread, have you acknowledged the additional amount in writing or to peers? (Aka, deniability)

Maybe it was a holiday bonus?

Legally as long as they can prove they can take it back. Just play it cool put the money away, don't spend it, don't mention it for a month or two. You should be good.

Just my mom, (who I still live with) but she won't say anything.

Nope, I work by the hour and the hours on the check are more than I worked.

This guy has it right.
I'd sit on it for a few weeks and wait until your employer asks about it.
My employer did that with an additional nineteen hours. Never heard a word about it.

>not just straight up asking them about it or clarifying the issue.
>not fixing issues.
>the being honest is a meme, meme.

gee i wonder.

make a choice then look back at it in 5 years and ask if you made the right choice.

It's a government funded job agency, I'm chalking it up to a tax return if I don't hear anything about it son.

Might even cost somebody their job if I bring it to their attention when it was otherwise a non-issue.

If it's a government job I'm 99% sure they won't notice.
They lose money in the cracks of their fat all day long.

Reminds me of the first time I worked for a temp agency

>bust my ass at this job for a solid two weeks hoping to get signed on full time
>fat ass manager who's ass hangs out literally sits on the computer for his entire shift after he comes in late every day
>some fat sjw horse bitch (literally brought horse magazines to read at lunch) that does nothing gets offered full time employment and I don't
>this fat fuck manager responsible for billing my hours, either fucks up or intentionally doesn't do it
>a month later after calling my temp agency every week asking where my money is they finally get ahold of my cheque
>is exactly double what I was supposed to get
>justice was served

This exact situation was the story for the 4th episode of the TV show "Ed" (NBC, 2000 to 2004). Ed represents a woman whose paychecks were larger than they should have been. The employer was doing it on purpose, expecting to get a squeezer or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=ST3ZKKk8RIY

They are 100% testing you, OP.

Follow the golden rule on this one. $250 is nothing, it's fucking nothing, it sure as hell is not worth your entire reputation. Do the right thing and the truth will set your free!

Hes a temp, nobody spends $250 to "test" a random temp.

OP, cash it. If they notice, give it back. Its their problem, not yours

It's an inside job OP. Dispose of the check in your wood stove.

Don't say anything, but don't spend it (yet). If they notice it, they'll want it back (in this case, just claim you didn't notice the extra money as a viable defense). If they never notice, congrats.

>deniability

this is the key word.

you will never face "legal" action, how would that work?

>YOU ARE LEGALLY REQUIRED TO NOTICE WHEN WE OVERPAY YOU! YOU NAIVE SONOFABITCH!

no, it doesn't work that way. the company payed you, period. they wrote YOU a check. that money is YOURS.

now, whether that "corresponds" to an existing agreement, is not a legal case but a business one.

Think of it in a simpler way, let's say I wrote you a check, and misplaced a decimal, or fucked the amount somehow. that is MY mistake. just as it is the EMPLOYER's mistake, it is THEIR problem, you face no legal duty to "comply" with some subjective idea of "doing the right thing" and piping up.

deniability, everytime.

Did you post this thread on a public computer I hope?

If not burn your hdd now

This. Written confession to employer and turn yourself in at police station. Ask police to contact your employer for you as you are now willing to fully comply

>Falling for the
>the being honest is a meme, meme
meme

Good goy

Someone fucked up a keystroke, they're not testing you lol

If they catch it they will just deduct it from the next paycheque after it is noticed. I would not be surprised if they find the discrepancy within a month.

I don't even read my pay cheques beyond the dollar value. If it's less than what I normally make a week I complain, and if it's not then I ignore it and never look into the breakdown.

Just don't spend it right away in case they catch the error and short you $250 some time down the road.