Mazda down 56% in profits

RX-9 never

jalopnik.com/gm-profit-soars-while-mazda-takes-a-severe-beating-1794738390

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31802/mazda-ceo-kills-hope-new-rx-9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how will mazdafags recover?

Wouldn't shock me to see them partner up with an American company again. Not having NA production is really fucking them. If Trump actually imposes sanctions on foreign cars they're toast.

Now that Ford and Mazda have started making great cars again, but only one is making money from it, perhaps it's time for another team-up.

Why don't people buy our shitty petrol diesels??? REEE

wonder what the issue is?

Mazdas don't have the same rust issues in the past. I owned a 2001 Protege and there was nearly nothing left of it when it was sent to the scrapyard.

WOW!
Yea fuck that, I would never buy a Mazda.
Even though allot of magazines say the Mazda3 is under-rated, great performer.

When did they improve?

its just a little rust m8.

muh pic

my 05 rx8 doesn't have a spec of rust on it.

They also say that about every hyundai/kia. Guess what the poorfags are buying nowadays?

>Not having NA production is really fucking them
Why is the bulk of their profits coming from the US? aren't people in Japan buying them or do they give even less of a fuck? supposedly the only thing that really sells in Japan are Kei Cars. its where Mitsubishi (the motor branch of them at least) and Suzuki make the most of their profits anyway.

I was thinking Mazda should sell the rotary design and let a larger Manufacturer build on it and it spawns a Toyobaru-like car where both brands essentially sell the same car that both have sunk money into. When Lotus needed the money they sold their Elise platform to GM which spawned the Opel Speedster cars.

Maybe Mazda lets GM barrow whatever rotary designs they have and GM sinks more money into it to improve it for both to use. GM uses it in either the Corvette or they make a successor to the Kappa cars and stick it in those. either way both companies will be getting a car out of it to sell along with an improved engine design that both can now use.

>era of low gas prices
>builds anaemic lightweight vehicles

>didn't read the article
It's the yen that's killing them since all their operations are nippon-based

Interesting. I ask because I just picked up an 05 mazda 6 and I live in the north east.

Why do Canadians love Mazda's while the US never buys them? The 3 is one of the best selling econoboxes up here, but they have terrible sales down south.

>GM
Can they go bankrupt already?

Should I buy the 2017 CX-5?

Yes. It's the best crossover you can buy.

>shill Mazda to all normalfags who ask me what they should buy just so I can hopefully see a new RX model in the future

Never ever lad

Complain about Nissan somehow.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31802/mazda-ceo-kills-hope-new-rx-9/

The Corvette will never have a rotary in it. If it ever loses the V8, it would be to a turbo V6.

I like the idea of a rotary kappa, though.

I travel all over the world, and Mazda seems to be a significant player everywhere but the US. Not sure what explains that.

That was the era of water based paint problems for Mazda. Maybe by now it's fixed but I still wouldn't buy a Mazda until the current ones have aged a little without showing rust problems

$500 dollar fix can be done in an afternoon

Well, rust wouldn't be in the specifications.

Dream on, asshole. Nissan will go bankrupt long before GM.

I don't really care if Mazda never makes a true RX-7 successor, but some sort of RWD sports car that isn't as tiny as a Miata would be nice. 3000-ish pounds and 300-ish HP with the current 2.5T engine would be fine.

uh huh.

"General Motors filed for a government-assisted Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on June 1, 2009, with a plan to re-emerge as a less debt-burdened organization. The chapter 11 petition was filed in the federal court in Manhattan, New York. The filing reported US$82.29 billion in assets."

GM has faced bankruptcy already kek

Nissan, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi are all far more deserving.

mazda needs to put more exciting engines into their cars

REEEEEE YOU'LL SEE MAZGOD WILL RECOVER ONE DAY REEEEEEE!!!

Every single car they make is a fwd cuckbox except the Miata. Bean counters need to get it through their thick skulls that people want more red sporty cars.

This is a long standing problem with Mazda. Auto reviewers have for years (in the US) praised Mazda to the moon but it never translates to sales. It's some combination of Mazda just not having mindshare in the US, and not having a good dealer network. VW is another mass-market manufacturer that just doesn't break into people's minds in the US.

Are the 2015 3s any good?

>saw a 56 percent plunge in profits

hahahahaha

They are the best A to B econobox you can get, maybe the 10th gen Civic aside

This is literally the opposite of what people want. Poor teenagers want that. People who buy cars don't. Hence why most manufacturers moved away from sports cars. It's more profitable to take a shitty car, give it extra letters, some stupid shit on it, and sell it for triple the price.

Mazda a slut, they're probably drumming up pity so they can shack up with some Americans again. It's only a question of whether they'll go back to ferd, chebby, or try out FCA

You cheeky cunt m8

mfw

I hope Mazda eats shit and dies. They developed some of the best technology and coolest innovations in the automotive world. Everything good Ford has ever done is also attributable to Mazda.

Rotary, MX-5, their new meme engine which has such a high fucking compression it somehow combusts regular gasoline the same way a diesel engine does. It's just one home run after the other.

But these guys were too pussy to ever develop anything beefy. Where is our turbocharged quad rotor rx-9? Where is our GT-R competitor? You faggots know that you can fit more cylinders in an engine than just 4, right?

Fuck mazda

Sounds pretty good. I suppose my only concern is size, I see reviews saying it's pretty cramped in the interior.

Mazda's niche is making reliable mainstream vehicles that happen to be more fun and engaging from a drivers pov than the other reliable mainstream vehicle makes.

>Everything good Ford has ever done is also attributable to Mazda

this is what rotards actually believe

>LS in a RX7

Burgers , why do you do this

holy fuck, so many rusted grey mazda 3's in quebec

Notice the "everything good" part

A quad-rotor would break emissions laws in basically every single country because rotaries burn oil and don't fully combust fuel, on top of guzzling gas like a big block V8. The RX-8 got cancelled because even the puny 1.3L twin-rotor couldn't keep up with modern regulations.

>where is our GT-R competitor?

The only thing that would piss me off more than the RX-9 being cancelled is it existing and costing 100k+ to compete in the Benchracing Olympics.

Have GM paid any of that back yet

>more power
>more torque
>better fuel economy
>better reliability
>only objective sacrifice is a mild change in weight distribution

Mind you, if you want an LS-powered RX-7, just buy a C5 Z06. Removing a rotary takes away the cars personality.

Afaik bond holders and shareholders got hosed, but the US and Canadian governments made bank on the GM bailout.

>FD cost $41k in 1994
>basically $70k today
Do you see why they don't care what poor people think now?

>revenues up
>profit down due to yen strength against dollar

Pretty sure that's in line with expectations at this point and better than last quarter.

It's basically Mazda's fault for being too small to withstand currency volatility.

Fastest rx7s are rotary powered

>just buy a C5 Z06

Exactly, why bother swapping an LS in a mazda when you can buy a Corvette.

>American car """""""culture""""""
>aka swap an LS in everything

People want snizzy crossovers, cucked-up sedans, and especially big faggot trucks. Furd sells 700K F-150s a year. Sportscars only exist as marketing exercises.

because they like how the car looks but don't like the retarded meme engine

Because the mazda looks better. And it's smaller. And lighter. And the interior was nicer. But the engine was shit. And people can do what they want. Why are you purist faggots so fucking gay?

Look dude, they tried that. The Aerovette was to have a !!!5.8L!!! rotary but GM could never get it to work right and abandoned the project. The sole survivor, which GM tried to destroy, currently has a 13B in it.

GM will never touch rotary again.

How would Veeky Forums save Mazda?

I'll buy a Miata.

>Why are you purist faggots so fucking gay?

I'm not even a purist, but damn, you buy one of the few rotary cars in existence and put a V8 in it? That's just retarded.

1 sale won't save them.
You have to appeal to normies to move units, while appealing to enthusiasts to keep your main fanbase alive.

How do you do it?

hollow tip to the back of the head

Well putting a rotary in it was just retarded so sounds like we're even. I'm also pretty positive that swapping them is keeping them alive longer, because very few people want to deal with a shitty rotary. Much less the few companies who make parts for them still.

Copy nissan, ford and GM today.

>sporty line
>truck/working man line
>luxury line
>normie line
>cheap as fuck line

Mazda only has
>cheap as fuck line
>boring as fuck old as fuck miata line

I shit on a mazda3 from a red light the other day. It was fucking slammed so I knew he'd take the bait. slow POS.

Well I'm about to go look at a CX-5. If I buy one will Mazda be saved?

Fix the advertising.

>muh zoom-zoom
>muh driving matters
>muh feels

Normalfags don't give a flying fuck about this shit. They much prefer the "tell me about this car in emojis ;^)" or "dude star wars lmao" shit that Chevy and Nissan does. How well a car handles doesn't matter compared to how well a car connects to their phone. Basically, stop pretending normies are car enthusiasts who are content with 155hp engines and FWD. They also need to talk more about money in their advertising and offer better deals (employee pricing/0% finance/1000 off for students/something like that).

Car enthusiasts already do a ton of research on cars they buy, making commercials for them is pointless. Use the extra money from advertising to build a Super Miata with a fixed hardtop, longer wheelbase/track, lift-back trunk, and 2.5 turbo making 300 horsepower.

>because very few people want to deal with a shitty rotary.

If you don't want to deal with a shitty rotary, don't fucking buy a rotary car in the first place.
Oh, I'm sorry, that would require some forethought.

>who developed the ecoboost
>who developed the best selling ford of all time

Or swap an LS. Seems like that is also a solution. Funny how that works.

Almost every Mazda of that generation has severe rust in Alberta.

>Copy nissan,
Whoa buddy let's not do something stupid here

....Toyota?!

>is this a trick question?

>I want to make a sports car slower

It takes a special kind of retard to do this

fuck of nu-s/o/viet

Go back to the trailer park that spawned you

>laugh at mazda for making low profits
>post GM who used obongos bail out money to avoid dying
ironing

>bring awd platforms worldwide
>revive mazda 9 as luxobarge/taxicab
>v8 in the bt-50

>being this fucking stupid

>mazda developed the ford f series truck

Damn some LS fangirl got his feefees hurt

>rotary cuck got so mad he name fags and responds to cry about what people do to their own cars

Again, normies buy cars, not faggots from Veeky Forums. While mazda is down 56%, Nissan was surging 17% more in sales year over year. Their q1 profits were up 20% this year. Just because Veeky Forums thinks every nissan is an altima from 2001, doesn't make it so.

>normies buy cars, not faggots from Veeky Forums.

this
hell half of Veeky Forums bashes anyone that even mentions buying a new car

fuck off soviet. Why do you feel the need to shit up this board with your autism?

>Mazda, a company that makes fun, reliable enthiast cars is down in profits
>Veeky Forums rejoices
Really fires those neurons

"hurrr buying a new car waht a fucking idiot!!!!"

"why don't car makers build sporty new cars??!?!?!?"

Basically Veeky Forums are car enthusiast niggers. Looking for the gibs. They want cheap second hand sports cars, but they want other people to buy them new and hand them down.

>If gay men are allowed to marry each other, then I should be allowed to put an LS in whatever the fuck I want.

>more torque makes cars slower

this is what some people actually believe

Not him but that statement is completely true and beautiful.

>fun
Literally one car they have been sucking off since 1989.
>reliable
mehhh
>enthusiast cars
LOL

Mazda a shit.

>Not him

Did you just assume xir gender?