/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 15th:
351 – Constantius II elevates his cousin Gallus to Caesar, and puts him in charge of the Eastern part of the Roman Empire.
1493 – Christopher Columbus returns to Spain after his first trip to the Americas
1672 – Charles II of England issues the Royal Declaration of Indulgence.
1783 – In an emotional speech in Newburgh, New York, George Washington asks his officers not to support the Newburgh Conspiracy. The plea is successful and the threatened coup d'état never takes place.
1820 – Maine becomes the 23rd U.S. state.
1848 – A revolution breaks out in Hungary. The Habsburg rulers are compelled to meet the demands of the Reform party.
2011 – Beginning of the Syrian Civil War.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

La Plata

rule_britannia.wav

white men

>Playing the Sengoku port to CK2
>Trying to flatmap it
>The water keeps showing up black
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

>playing before 1066
>creating ahistorical empires and making the game even easier in the process

Once again, why was HoI4 removed from the OP text but not from the infopic?

autism, "stop liking what I dont like" but also laziness

>Vanilla
>"the Strong" instead of Pendragon
Disgusting

Are you referring to the HoI4 mod that was up there?

I'm actually thinking of renaming it Great Anglia and culture converting the islands to anglo-saxon, because fuck british culture we're germans.

>.wav
I sea what you did there

Can somebody tell me how the cultural 'barracks' work in demesne holding?
If I have 2 holding with housecarl training grounds, does it only improve the heavy infantry from each holding or does it stack?
Does it improve retinues?

>Are you referring to the HoI4 mod that was up there?
Yes. There were two I believe.
I guess I'm really just probing to see if I can get away with messing with the OP text next time I post a thread myself.

They were two rather unpopular mods for an unpopular and underplayed game and were replaced with mods for more popular games.

>Tfw you don't have enough time to fill in the borders for your puppets that you want

Can you form South Africa as Germany? I aldready have Transvaal and Oranje in my sphere, but Britain is about to annex Transvaal and I cant save them, what do I do?

gee Billy, TWO Persias ?!!

mess with the OP all you like.

This thread seems very quiet is there another 2 or 3 been made or something?

I miss this

Anyone give advice on Austria in EUIV.

I'm attempting to do all the reichsreforms.

I can't seem to get all of northern italy into the empire in order to counter the shadow kingomd and 'rein in northern italy.

I always get everything up until Rome which I can't take because of warscore as its worth so much.

Do you actually have to conquer and annex this territory? How do you do it without a stupid coalition war (bad game play design imo, these coalition wars before 1650 are absurd).

Is it worth doing the anti-shadow kingdom decision? Should i Just go on without it?

Also, I can't seem to get Bergundian succession crisis to fire in my last 3 runs to 1500. Just bad luck or am i missing something?

I usually open by allying england, castille, Bohemia and Hungary. The latter three for the obvious high chance to PU and England just to keep them off my ass for a little longer should I inherit lowland provinces. It works really well for keeping the peace with the majors while I mess around in Italy.

Would it be wiser to ally HRE states in Italy and potentially just cede territory to England/France should they get greedy and try to take it?

ally Milan Hungary, Bohemia and Cologne
go for venice first
then go for papal land
take everything but rome in one war
then rome as the last province
pass decision
release rome via event
I could do that by 1480 and it took me 300 years to get a PU with bohemia step up your game scrub

How do I find how much food is in my stocks while secluded? I get events saying -1 and stuff, but there doesn't seem to be a counter on the UI

Still dumb how they work on things like the surrender of maine rather than Spain getting and losing a Hapsburg

I've gotten PU with Hungary and Bohemia but never got all the northern italian provinces without getting fucked by a coalition.

hey

How do I get the Force Migration CB so I can push south american tribe nations away from my colonies as Castile?

I want to meme some greater sakartveliuns (georgia for you westerns) in HPMeme what borders should I aim for my dudes??

What is the diffence between the ModWithNoName and GSGVickyMod?

yeehaw

one doesn't have a name and the other does

Byzzy Borders
displace all turks, armenians and greeks

only native tribes have that casus beli, also why are you moving them away and not conquering them, then leaving your colonial nation to deal with them

Transcaucasia (with states you can get cores in only) or bust
Altervatively, use the Togo-Georgia mod MCG was working on.

Ok, i just figured that out the hard way.

>Anyone give advice on Austria in EUIV.

I'm doing this just now and I'm going to have it done by 1470.

First war - give Brescia to Milan even if you allied them or not, take the province with the fort for yourself and Istria for the missionc and give Dalmatia to Hungary (I'm assuming you allied Hungary)

Truce timer - 1460 if you can take Venice proper. Maybe later if you can't. Don't take war reps or money.

Second war - Take Urbino and the provinces next to it, leaving 2 for Rome and the one in the middle of Italy.

Giving Brescia to Milan if key to keeping your AE low. Also you need the Relations Boost advisor, not diplo rep.

For the time inbetween wars just do some peacekeeping in The Empire.

Your first war with Rome will end and the truce timer will be between 1461 and 1470 depending on luck with sieges.

If Rome or Venice ally France you have no chance of doing it.

The Burgundian Succession is entirely luck based unless you start waging war against Burgundy. Burgundy and his goon squad can be a tough customer and you might not have the ability to fight all of this and do the Shadow Empire so pick and choose.

Can somebody help me?

What's the best game for me who want to live carolus rex, but with some good military sistem and the political side existing?

>Altervatively, use the Togo-Georgia mod MCG was working on.

Was that ever finished?

Is the Divergences of Darkness mod for Vicky 2 good?

Well I can't declare war on them because I have no CB. I obviously don't want the -2 stability hit. Also I haven't formed any Colonial nations yet.

No but it's still pretty fun.

Why the fuck did you re-add distant worlds to the OP?

>not getting Religious ideas
It's like you're an atheist or something
CARLOS I DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

>SimCity4.jpg

>underplayed
Even knowing about that shit is overplaying it.

Distant Worlds is a Grand Strategy Game.

I meant underplayed as in no one plays it not that I think more people should play it.

>not Cities: Skylines

Achtung - Steamcordplaza!

The fact the game exists in this universe means it is overplayed in every single way.

Cities: Skylines can handle curved roads, sloped terrain, and highway systems. SC4 on the other hand uses an outdated grid system.

I fucking love building dams in that game to terraform lakes and streams.

If only the Nazis had won, we'd have irrigated the entire mediterranean

Is Stellaris a decent game if I'm familiar with Paradox games but never bought one before?

Not an argument.

Fuck off back to you fucking kike.

hey

I mean I wasn't trying to shill for a year old game but if this place is actually this autistic I probably shouldn't ask for game advice here anyway it seems

hey!

Jesus Christ, please tell me you are fucking trolling right now, I can't fucking handle this.

Take your autism meds and go back to playing the paradox games you deem suitable for discussion

not really, It's a game by paradox but more 4x than grand strategy. mediocre overall.

hey!!

what's up

Really unfinished.
You would be better off playing EU4 or CK2 (If you are more attracted to the time period and the dynasty sim) as a first game.

You are fucking abhorrent.

thanks

Yeah, it's a really damn fine piece o' a game, just a little rough on the edges but it's normal with the genre. Ignore the redditors saying it's bad.

thanks

no, thank you user

》171148432
>Ignore the redditors saying it's bad.
You're not even trying to bait correctly. No (You) for you.

thanks

>Giving Brescia to Milan if key to keeping your AE low. Also you need the Relations Boost advisor, not diplo rep.
Do you lower AE by selling provinces?
Thought you just lowered AE by losing provinces in a war.

I have quite TV

thanks!

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Isn't it treatable though?

you too

usually but it really whirs quite

Reminder to encourage and partake in thanksposting

Thanks for the reminder!

:)

This is what happens when Distant Worlds is in the OP. Remember that.

thanks

You hear that shit randy?
REMEMBER IT.

Rate my plans for a comfy, moderate Kingdom of Saxony. Also, can some one give me a better color to use than this?

Finally a good gsg thread

/SC2/

That's a fine Kingdom of Prussia, but 'tis no Saxony

#FF69B4

I yam what I yam.

>not taking the duchy of prussia and making it a kingdom
Come on, lad, what's the point otherwise?

What mod allows for the most realistic american civil war and overall events. I really liked GSGvickymod but it is really out of date, so what has replaced it?

What Gane is That

CK2 does it again

Everybody and their mom does that, I wanted something a little different.

u u u hubbub immunoglobulin uninhibited inimitable imbibing inimical umbilical

imbibing hubbub onion unknown

I have literally never seen a kingdom of Prussia jn CK2.

Literally in the last thread

*farts*

That doesn't have the Silesian claw, just Prussia proper.