>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

>What is /ndg/?
A place to talk about Nier, Drakengard and Taros games

>Official Nier:Automata page
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>Important information
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

>What Happened before Nier: Automata began
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/10/heres-what-happened-before-nier-automatas-story-began/

>Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia [Untranslated]
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>Drakengard/Nier Collection Archive
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

nier2.com/blog/2017/01/25/interview-with-yosuke-saito-from-taipei-game-show-corrections/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

O T P
T
P

2B9S
O T P
T
P

The '57 Bel Air is the official Yoko Taro car

OTP!

>she's in her work leotard and thighhighs
>he's in comfy casual clothes
This image really grinds my gears. They went in too hard on the lewds.

Then why isn't he sticking his head out the window

I chose a bad time to see if I could talk to them...

>he's in comfy casual clothes
Those look like his usual shorts, and I don't think we ever get to see what he's wearing under his coat anyway.

Ring's artwork is sometimes lewd.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Nier DLC's combat challenges, but the blunt/ominous acknowledgment to the story's connection to Drakengard was appreciated.

Can we discuss the "Beepy created the machine network" theory?

Because it doesn't really make sense when you put it under a lens. The machine lifeforms were created by the aliens, the network itself being a way to coordinate the entire machine force as one single entity. Beepy and his followers were not a part of the machine forces created by the aliens. The network became too intelligent and overthrew its creators. Then N2, the embodiment of the collective, formed from taking in the Project Gestalt data including the data of the original Gestalt, began to make some machines break off from the network in order to facilitate evolution amongst both itself and the androids.

When you are the car, there's no need to

Talk to which brothers?
Where can you talk to them?

Lewd is good, but it clashes with the cute in that first image. It's jarringly lewd instead of lewd but cute.

You can't.

In Route C the machines with the buckets beg A2 not to kill their brother after his boss fight, and I walked towards them, thinking I could speak to them, which prompted her to kill them all.

>2A cuts her hair

How do I fix this tell me now

Machines with the buckets? When was this part?

Grow a loveboner for short hair you get ending C or D and you'll get a wig to give her long hair

Did A2's hair grow or was it always that length? Can androids even grow hair? Do they have any hair down there? I'm asking for a friend.

Also, it didn't give me her weapons. How do I get her large sword?

>When was this part?
Nearing Ending C? With A2 in the tower?

>starting route C

He went too far this time. Give me back my 2B.

Hang on what was the deal with the aliens?

I know they're in-game all dead and wiped out by Adam and Eve but this whole plot point gets kinda overshadowed after the reveal that the whole story is basically back to revolving around Project Gestalt

I assumed that she originally looked more like 2B but it grew after the years she spent on her own.

How/Why synthetically growing hair on androids is a thing is anyone's guess.

Is that the boss with the weird wings?
I killed that thing so fast that I barely had time to watch the cutscene.

>Do not bring back the future. DO NOT BRING IT BACK
WAIT
HOLY SHIT

Is this referencing the Cathedral City being warped into Spain in the year 856????

Daily thread reminder!
2B and 9S are both 5'2. Heels on 2B make her 5'5.
She is 330 pounds and he is 286 pounds.
They're small and qt, but weigh a lot.

>Machines with the buckets? When was this part?
They show up at the beginning of Route B and C's intro cinematic.

>spoiler

It really isn't, though. Nothing of N2's motivations are related to Project Gestalt. Just because there are some visual motifs that recur in Automata is a really poor reason to claim that the game is about an entirely unrelated plotline. N2 itself is only similar to things like the Watchers in entirely superficial ways, and despite being based on the original Gestalt's data N2 literally could not be more different from the Shadowlord.

Some people have theorized that the aliens were another tool of the Watchers, because they were described as "plant-like" and Drakengard 3's world was almost destroyed by a flower.

But I imagine that they're mainly a red herring for the real conflict, the evolution of machines, and their parallels with humanity.

He created the machine network as we know it. The "ghost of humanity," the individuals part of a larger mind, all things that are identical in Automata that are brought up in Fire of Prometheus, is something that he put there, and the volcano god picture book is alluding to this. There was something there beforehand since machines came after and attacked him and there was fighting going on already when he got to the surface. He then spreads out over those machines and others with his bugs, or appendages, whatever it was. This evolution is what allowed for the machines to kill their masters, and why machines that are on the network still can express human features while not developing as rapidly as the ones that aren't.

I want Adam dlc. Eve is homo, no Eve dlc please.

>seeing all the 2B9S shipping before the game was released
>"cute, but there's no way they'll be anything like that in the actual game"
>"oh..."

What is the correct playing order of the Drakengard and Nier games.

Oh, and not every machine is dropped off by N2. Pascal left on his own with his villagers, and Adam and Eve both disconnected on their own, though those two are the height of their evolutionary progress and aren't quite the same thing.

Release order, you dingus. Each game was made with the previous games in mind.

Hard to say. It could be alluding to otherworldly events, like something Accord's mixed up in, or just the fear of the inevitable conflict between Gestalts and Replicants fighting over the right to their future.

Play the good ones but don't play the bad ones

But I've actually read the Fire of Prometheus and the 'network' you claim he was making doesn't resemble the machine network in Automata at all. The machines in Fire of Prometheus were just becoming identical to Beepy in thought processes due to constant exposure to him and his ideas, not actually linking up to his consciousness or anything like that.

I knew they were going to be a "couple" when 2B's JP VA said something about 2B's true feeling about 9S or something like that.

>going for joke endings
>come to Ending L
>Ending L : Lone Wolf - Abandon the battle area in the final battle of either Route A or Route B.
>try to run around the map during various points of the chapter
>jack shit
>try to run from Eve during the fight
>invisible walls forever

Am I missing something?

>Oh, and not every machine is dropped off by N2. Pascal left on his own with his villagers

No, they just thought they left on their own. Adam and Eve were the only ones who left by their own power and because they were a new apex of evolution like you say.

Too bad, you're getting homo DLC and you're gonna like it.

You have to do it when The Resistance Camp is on fire

How do you feel about the idea of not playing Drakengard 2, or looking at anything involving it, at all?

But that's absolutely wrong, they all have the name Beepy at the start, but read it all the way to the end.

>We are not an absolute, cohesive whole. Rather, we all exist individually within a larger mind. We had deliberately made it this way, since we knew it would increase our probability of survival. We knew that there was no hope of completely integrating so many consciousnesses in possession of their own egos from the start.

>To establish oneself as an individual, a border must be erected between one’s self and those of others. If we could go back to being mere machines, perhaps then we could fully merge. But it was too late for that now.

>Our electric circuits, made to imitate the human brain, had come to reciprocally connect an gargantuan number of neuron elements. It could be described as people talking to each other and coming to decisions like a council. A consciousness was not formed by merging into one… on the contrary, it was the linking of countless individuals. That may be the true definition of a network.

Yonah is precious cinnamon roll

The stories are mainly standalone, but If you're interested in the story I'd recommend playing the first Nier first, then Automata.

Then if you still want more backstory look into Drakengard 1, while being wary of the horrendous gameplay.

Drakengard 2 was a direct sequel to the first game, but made by a different director, so a lot of people dismiss it.

Drakengard 3 was a kind-of-sort-of prequel to the first game.

Ah, so go in the camp and then leave, right? I'll give that a try ASAP.

I'm not even gonna bother with spoiler tags anymore because this thread is already dripping with spoilers
I guess the main plot point I'm confused on is the aliens invading. Because presumably humanity had already died by this point due to Project Gestalt failing roughly 2,000 years prior to Automata.

So they invaded, causing the replicants and androids to retreat into space?

Not the final boss, just the ball thing.

How does sex with this specifically work if you're Caim?

yeah

>prior to Automata
Prior to the invasion and YoHRa's creation I mean.
Automata is another several thousand years after all this.

You wouldn't happen to remember where she said that, would you? I watched pretty much every presentation and livestream I came across during my pre-release hype, but I don't remember that bit in particular.

Sorry, what? Where is this from?

I think it was during their Taiwan press interview.

I fucking love Jackass

This is from Fire of Prometheus. You can pick this up in the OP if you don't have it saved anywhere.

Oh god fucking damn it the drakengard 3 blog only has five of the seven parts of it. Fuck me.

I love fucking Jackass!

Mass murder and neck petting is their outlet.

Oh, right, I guess I never paid much attention to the Taiwan stuff. Gonna see if I can dig it up, thanks.

>does she have hair down there?
Well they're designed to be aesthetically pleasing as all hell and sexy beyond belief.
So, no.

someone else made a full translation of that but it disappeared from the internet for some reason, though he recently reposted it if I am not mistaken

For the OST, do we know if the tracks are going to be until the track loops or will they be longer and contain two loops of the track?

is the DOD3 side story novel fully translated anywhere?

Part of me wished Caim was in Automata as a super boss.

Found it.
nier2.com/blog/2017/01/25/interview-with-yosuke-saito-from-taipei-game-show-corrections/
>ーAnother question for Ishikawa-san. Without spoiling anything, can you tell us what do you think of 2B?

>I: (hahaha) Okay. First of all, the story itself is shocking in a multitude of ways—I’m really scared I might accidentally blurt something out. 2B isn’t allowed to express emotion, but in small places, here and there, you can see her treating 9S with gentle care. Since she isn’t overly flamboyant, she may be holding back her feelings, although they tend to unintentionally show in the heat of the moment or in slight subtleties of the heart. I recorded so many lines while thinking how it would be nice if she could express how she really feels.

>S: I won’t spoil anything, but listening to you just now almost made me cry. (haha)

it's a full on novel which is basically a collection of scenes from the game rearranged in different order so there wouldn't be much of a point in fully translating it, though there is a complete summary of it on grimoire cendre. Unfortunately it's in french but you can get the idea by using an auto translator

What's up with the elevators in the desert and the Flooded City?

I've finished endings A-E and they still won't open.

>Beepy ruined everything
>Didn't even stick around and just left the planet in a big ball

>unleashing A2's B mode during those final fights
>deadly heal +4

god damn

Well, that saved me some looking around. Thanks.

I've heard people say that Kaine ruined everything in the Novella.
What exactly did she ruin?

Why is 9S wearing the Minnie ears

D L C
L
C

No real answer to what's inside them (Taro said it was poo) so people are guessing it was either a joke, or that DLC might open them up later.

2B didn't want to wear the Minnie bow, so 9S is wearing it for her.

Acceptable since it's not a Taro game and has no bearing on the overarching series lore. The scenes with Caim are pretty neat though, so maybe look those up on YouTube at least.

what is up with the red flash when holding the R2 button, is there a special move that happens when you activate B mode when it appears? or is it just to let you know that the dodge time is almost up

He's the girl in the relationship

Having actually finished it now, what Beepy did sounds terrifying. He basically spread a logic virus through all the androids and machines to forcefully integrate them into his network. Almost exactly like the red-eyed virus that N2 used on YoRHa.

Is Beepy the true villain of Nier: Automata?

He ruined everything, yes

of course it's dlc, Nier Automata is a mainstream release with tons of advertisement done for it, no way they aren't releasing story dlcs for it, people saying they aren't coming our are delusional
I just wouldn't expect them to come out any time soon since dlcs are taking a long ass time to come out for most games now, the deus ex dlc took so long to come out they cancelled the series in the mean time, kek

If only Nier had properly destroyed Beepy. 9S was right, you have to make sure the enemy's dead.

Yonah got raped by a futa with corpse shit on her dick before dying of black scrawl.

Would love to see Taro making a horror game

>N2
Who

Turns out that Nier's mistake wasn't too much killing, but too little.

Really makes you think.

there's literally no indication of this, yonah isn't even mentioned in that track of the drama cd, that's only the corpse's little sister but she doesen't get the kainé dick unfortunately. I don't know where this rumor started

loli based on Nier's gestalt data
a literal Nier 2

Anyone got a mega for the OST?

>yfw Taro's final game not only makes the entirety of Drakengard 2 100% canon, but also retroactively makes it a masterpiece

Not on the drama CD is where.

>He basically spread a logic virus through all the androids and machines to forcefully integrate them into his network.
I don't recall him doing that.

Beepy spreads consciousness to other machines to try and end pointless fighting, but he goes out of his way to maintain their individuality and offers them the choice with what to do with it.