/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got so BTFO'd by Vicars that he didn't even show up on the Bamco stream months later:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
GameSpot gameplay (mostly same as above but with some extra stuff): youtube.com/watch?v=UpZD7l_LPmU
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtube.com/watch?v=G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtube.com/watch?v=UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP portion, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE portion, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/00ozT
youtube.com/watch?v=fftF5lh58qE
youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Shields are great against mobs, and are even generally serviceable against bosses. Using Dragonslayer's against Nameless King almost completely negates any chip damage you take from his attacks, cockblocks King of the Storm's fire breath even with its comparatively weak fire resistance, and has enough stability to let you eat most of a combo from Nameless and give him a few R1's in return.

Then there's bosses like Oceiros who, if you can dodge his magic attacks, is completely cockblocked by any shield since he otherwise only has physical damage. Why complain about his no-telegraph rush when you can just block it and still attack him during his recovery?

rood dood

I know about finding patches in fire link. Ive played the game a few times its just that ive never once been able to trigget him showing up in the cathedral of the deep.

Well once he showed up after dropping from the rafters but he didnt lower the bridge.

I just think its kind of lame and dont understand how you would naturally trigger him in ds3.

Like in ds1 its very straightforward to get him to trigger his scenes.

>doing a greatsword run, no shields
>up to pontiff
>prepare my anus
>turns out Astora Greatsword can stagger /ourtree/ with a charged R2
>2 charged R2's can kill his stand
>every time he summons his stand it's a big 'HIT ME' sign and I deal 800 damage
It's a big chance from my usual dexfag thrusting sword playstyle, but it's fun.

UGS charged R2s are the reason I play this game

So I reallocated back to a dedicated FTH build after cumming in my pants at the sight of the new lightning arrow miracle, but I miss muh Swordspear. Kinda want to take my level above 120 but I don't know what the Pvp and co-op traffic is like at the 150ish level

I just recently played through ds2 and there's some things i like. Mostly the animations when you're character is severely injured or out of stamina and climbing ladders quickly.

But ds3 just feels and looks so much better.

Ds2 feels weird in combat because you move clunky and strafe slowly. Also the parries are weird.

Ds3 parries feel so good and rewarding.

imgur.com/a/00ozT

Collected images of all weapons we've seen the stats for. If anyone has any better images or ones that are not here, please post them. This will be added to the next OP.

the gray giants seem to be elite enemies. One gray giant in particular summons a being from the sky, this is the fucking angel boss

it's an honest to god real dragon, it's front feet transformed into a second set of wings, giving it 2 sets

I have a faith build and sword spear.

I have almost no stats on dex or str but the lightning damage does OK from lightning scaling

You could always swap to a bident or different spear and buff with sunlight blade for massive damage

>splitleaf GS
>it's a halberd
>it's a pure str halberd
>it's a pure str halberd with a unique WA
Fuck yes.

>Dragonhead Shield drops
>WA is fire breath
>stats align relatively well with pyro builds
I forsee this being a thing.

But it aint an everlasting one then. Or maybe it lost its scales somehow?

Its certainly reason why Nameless defected.

TRC went up on the playstation store as available for preorder today. As I checked out I saw the preorder theme, but the theme didn't download nor did it show up in my themes list.

Anyone else having this issue? I live in europe if that's the problem.

Just because something has a letter under int or fth doesn't mean it's a pyro weapon.
That build has 40int/40fth and gets a whole fucking 5 fire AR from scaling

>reach the end of the ringed city
>meet Gwynake, the half-snake daughter of Gwyn
>she explains ringed city and her existence in anextended 14 minute dialogue
>gwyn himself then appears, and gives a 26 minute lecture on the history his cities: Londo, New Londo, and Anor Londo
>Londor, the furtive pygmy, appears from the entrance and hugs his brother Gwyn, before giving a 12 minute explanation of what the dark soul is and how he spread it throughout the world
>the mother dragon appears from above, giving an 18 minute dialogue explaining the dragons, their role as gods, and the events leading up to and proceeding the great dragon wars.
>Nameless king drops off the back of the mother dragon and takes 19 minutes explaining how he siding with the humans during the great Lordran Civil War.
>god himself descends, named Gwynitofizalithefurtivepygmy, and explains why he created the first flame, and the first lords
>they all tell you to destroy the first flame for good, so that a new world can begin
>a summon sign the size of a dragon now appears within the SoC boss fight
>allows you to summon the mother dragon that breathes fire down onto the battlefield frequently, which can kill you. you must survive this to access the final ending.
>in the new ending the mother dragon burns down the tree stump, causing the first flame to plummet into the earth and be destroyed, taking you with it.
>the entire world implodes, and everything goes dark
>a tiny flame can be seen in the darkness, as it grows you can start to see grass around it, as birds start to chirp.
>screen goes black
>youtube.com/watch?v=fftF5lh58qE starts to play
>credits roll over continuous snippets of gameplay from all three dark souls games
>when the credits end you get a "thanks for playing!" message superimposed over a picture of chosen undead, BotC, and SoC all giving you a thumbs up
>screen cannot be closed without resetting the game

would you like this?

Also, for those who were talking about it in the previous thread, the Aquamarine Dagger that the guy was using to three-shot the mobs was a +5, so it probably uses Twinkling. The character they took through the DLC was SL195 with 45/25 Str/Dex and 40/40 Int/Fai, so it's possible that it may hit even harder with 40-50 Dex and 60 Int.

everlasting dragons dont exist openly anymore user

dragon =/= everlasting

Personally I really started to love Ds2 parries as soon as I figured out the timing on them. They were slightly clunky with how something just falls over but still very satisfying and actually felt useful as a combat tactic.

Ds3 parries by comparison are a bit easier to figure out the timing on (though still not as much of a breeze as they were in Ds1) but due to factors like the increased speed and fluidity of combat I almost never feel like it's worthwhile to parry anything outside of a few bosses where it makes them so easy it's almost feels like cheesing them.

>not ending with everyone crucified and singing

youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

I can't wait to see the big fat neckseam that new armor will have when you equip any other helmet with it!

>it's front feet transformed into a second set of wings

Everlasting Dragons have four wings plus four limbs. Watch the DS1 intro where Gwyn is hurling lightning bolts.

It makes no fucking sense that it isn't a faith weapon.

For STR builds a good value to stop at Dex with is 15 since it will allow you to use Gundyr's Halberd and the new Ringed Knight Straight Sword. The Splitleaf Greatsword has a 16 Dex requirement however which is the new highest of pure STR weapons so if you want to stop at that go ahead.

For build stats 60 STR (66 is kind of a meme), 39-44 Vigor, 40 Endurance and however much you want in Vitality depending on if you're going to be relying on poise or not.

Anyone else having trouble summoning or being summoned? I was duelling at Pontiff and noticed I can't summon anyone anymore. Can't invade or do anything either.

I didn't disconnect during any duels, never got any warnings, never hacked, Way of White circlet not usable, so I don't know what the hell is going on. Is it just From's servers being shitty?

not all dragons are everlasting dragons, I don't get how this is confusing for people

king of storms is a normal dragon, with its front feet turned into wings.

What are the best dex weapons in ds3?

What are the best katanas in ds3 besides dark drift

But what makes a dragon everlasting?

Kalmeet is called an everlasting dragon by Gough, yet you can kill him.

PvP is fucked at the moment it seems, I get constant 'Matchmaking failed' at arena and soapstones are getting instant summon failures. Other people I talked too have the same problem, just have to wait it out.

Chaos Blade, Sellsword Twinblades, Crow Quills and Sharp Exile Greatsword.

Washing Pole.

Uchi

Also looking at that shot of the inventory, we can see a few things. The character is only carrying equipment from DLC one, equipment from DLC 2, a refined longsword and a refined zweihander. By process of elimination, every icon there that isn't a DLC one weapon must be something DLC2 and we can see:

A black sickle-dagger to the left of the Aquamarine Dagger. Likely the Murkmen sickle, looks very similar to the Harpe.

RKSS between the longsword and Valorheart

Lothric Banner and Splitleaf GS next to one another after the Javelin

Oddly-shaped bone stick thing between Splitleaf and Friede's Scythe. Likely the halberd from the famitsu scans with the embedded remains of a "mad king"

And a new staff between the millwood greatbow and parting flame, likely the murkmen staff

kalameet isn't an everlasting dragon

>king of storms is a normal dragon

We call that a "drake." Like, y'know, the drakes in their eponymous valley. The ones which the the Nameless King's Stormdrake obviously resembles.

Thanks for the info

lmao

I try not to parry bosses but i like to parry in pvp occasionally when someone is being too predictable and i like parrying mobs and npcs

Parries in ds2 felt super clunky and weird especially with rapiers

are you retarded or just stupid?

king of storms is a dragon, with 4 legs and 2 wings, who's 2 front feet evolved into a set of wings. you know, like a fucking bird.

Is uchi really that good?

I remember chaos blade being amazing in the other games but i dont think I've seen it much in ds3

When he collapsed I thought he was gonna enter phase 2

Dragons have 4 legs AND a set of wing. Drakes/Wyverns have 2 legs and a set of leg/wings

Uchi is a slightly less damaging Chaos Blade with the same range, is buffable and without the self-damage gimmick. It gets most of its damage from 40/40 Refined compared to Chaos Blade getting mostly from pure Dex however.

I don't even care about the Dark Souls story honestly, just want it to end so From can make Bloodborne 2.

The first game was great but one of the weaknesses of Dark Souls 3 is that it feels like there's absolutely nothing in the world worth saving and it's like there's no real reason to do anything so you're just going through the motions to get through the game without much more of a goal.

In DeS you knew Boletaria was fucked but you could still save the world outside of the Nexus. In DaS1 the fire is fading but you can still save the day by linking the fire like a good goy. In Bloodborne idk you can kick the furries and ayy lmaos out of Yharnam or become a broccoli god.
In Dark Souls 3 the shit has hit the fan everywhere so hard so long ago that nothing really matters anymore and you're not really fighting to save anything.

They're drakes you dumb fuckwit. They're degenerate descendants of dragons that are explicitly named to be different in 1, and then as history marches on, actual dragons are forgotten, or referred to as "archdragons", because they've all but disappeared, and drakes are called dragons instead. Nameless King's shit even calls it a "stormdrake".

Because they were previously completely immortal and unchanging until Fire fucked the world and Seath stole their crystal. Nowadays they mutate to fit the environment they're exposed to. Kalameet fucked around near/in the abyss and thus has dark fire. Gough fucking him up with trivial ease was a little weird after he described how Anor Londo wouldn't even dare provoke him, but I guess you can write that down as the Abyss doing its thing.

yes, and the king of storms has 2 legs and FOUR WINGS because his front legs evolved into wings, like a fucking bird.

dragons do not just turn into drakes, drakes are lesser beings that came from humans.

That's why Dark Souls 3 is superior to Bloodborne user. You are simply fighting because it is the right thing to do, no matter if the world is destoryed and there's nothing left but embers.

All the Lords of Cinders sacrificed themselves for the same reason. The dark will eventually overtake the flame, but some things are worth fighting for even if its hopeless.

This user's descent into full retardation has been highly amusing.

>Bloodborne 2

What the fuck would it even be about?

Technically, the original form of the Everlasting Dragons (i.e. archdragons) have 4 legs and 4 wings (and 2 mouths). You can see it in the opening and their concept art.

>In Dark Souls 3 the shit has hit the fan everywhere so hard so long ago that nothing really matters anymore and you're not really fighting to save anything.
Also, every NPC you like commits suicide or dies in some way. They tried to be too grimderp

The only real reason to fight is to obtain leet gear to massacre other ashen ones with as an invader

>that came from humans

This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
is formed by a drake's tail. Drakes are
seen as undeveloped imitators of the dragons,
but in they are likely their distant kin.

This axe, one of the rare dragon weapons,
is formed by the tail of the Gaping Dragon,
a distant, deformed descendant of the
everlasting dragons.

tl;dr: shit descended from dragons in the same way shit descended from archtrees, because the world fucked up and stopped being formless nothing.

>(and 2 mouths)
W-where's the sec....?

looks a lot like the abyss dragon

I'm sorry you're an idiot who doesn't know how to count limbs.

Nonsense. Irina can have a happy ending (were she becomes what she wanted) Siegward only kills himself because he fullfied his oath, and is overjoyed. Ludleth dies for a cause he believes in.

The end of fire is hopeful to...

>"The fire fades....but one day, tiny flame will dance across the darkness, like embers linked by lords past."

dark souls 2 and 3 have entire areas of the game dedicated to cults of people literally turning into drakes, you can't use that argument.

drakes = people

dragons are probably also people, given you can apparently have babies with them, but we haven't seen anything to prove that yet so it's just speculation.

>still hung up on the number of limbs despite all the counterarguments leveled at your other points

By all means, stick to simple counting, user. Your mind is clearly not fit for much else.

You can clearly see a second, inner set of jaws, if you look closely. They have them in the opening too, like DeS. Even Seath has them.

>Siegward only kills himself because he fullfied his oath, and is overjoyed
>Implying he was so happy that he killed himself

Depending on where your allegiances lie, 3 is about saving the world from Kaathe.
We've all seen the Lord of Hollows ending, and we've all seen what it does to the First Flame and presumably the world at large. At least letting the Flame die back in Dark Souls 1 was a natural event, but it could be postponed with not many ill effects, but at this point the final death of the Age of Fire has become all but unavoidable. But just having everything die hasn't become the worst case scenario anymore, now it's about the disciples of Kaathe subverting the flame, shackling it to the Dark Soul, and having an age of calamity that continues perhaps indefinitely and literally damns all of creation outside of Londor.

The Nameless King, ally of the ancient dragons, fought beside the Stormdrake in countless battles. When the great beast fell, the king claimed his soul, as was the custom in the age of gods

The game explicitly calls it a drake. You're wrong. If you're going to insist on your bullshit headcanon, take it to youtube.

>Irina can have a happy ending (were she becomes what she wanted)

she wanted to die user

says the guy who literally doesn't know the difference between a generic dragon and an everlasting dragon, and doesn't even know what a drake is in the lore.

drakes are literally people who've turned into dragon knock-offs, their arms becoming wings. they cannot having 2 sets of wings like that

Dragons are ancient, huge, wise and powerful beings.

Stormdrake is just some dude's flying horse.

Hate to play devil's advocate and keep this autistic argument going, but Seathe is referred to as "The Paledrake". It seems like Drake is just synonymous with Dragon, and if you want to differentiate the lesser breed from the ancient breed, call them Everlasting Dragons or Archdragons.

Wasn't Nameless completely heartbroken when the Stormdrake died?

>literally turning into drakes

You mean retarded fuckbaby dragonoids? The game calls the Hellkite and Gaping Dragon both distant relations of dragons, and the only evidence of people turning into drakes is your headcanon.

done

>armed with the knowledge that the doors will weigh 21.5 and require 45 Str, take off to MM to see what it takes to build purely to use the doors, just enough Int to use GMS, Att for FP and slots, and the rest into Fai for heals
>still wind up at a max of 29 Fai if you decide to equip Priestess Ring, which eats up the last utility ring slot

I'm starting to think that this isn't going to work, guys. Even if I strip down to cloth armor, the saved Vit going into Fai isn't all that much. The only other option I can see now is Prisoner's Chain.

>drakes are literally people who've turned into dragon knock-offs

Like I said, you went full retard, mate, and further, failed to address counterarguments. See:

This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
is formed by a drake's tail. Drakes are
seen as undeveloped imitators of the dragons,
but in they are likely their distant kin.

It's okay, though. You're still improving your reading comprehension skills, and you still have several years before you enter the adult world. You've got plenty of time.

the problem is that 2-legged drakes are quite genuinely not dragons, which starts to create classification problems between the like 3 different groups, in cases such as this.

stormdrake is obviously a dragon shitheads, it's not meant to be obvious. so much time has gone by that the lizards have evolved into birds.

>finally get FUGS and get it +5
>test damage on Alonne Knight
>takes 2 r1s
>mace+9 takes 2 r1s

FUCKING WHY!? I know strike damage is good, but still! I'd probably be better off using lighter weapons with better armor, but I want to use this stamina draining beauty.

I'm going to use it for at least a little bit, but Jesus that's just demoralizing. I only have that and a bow equipped because 20 VIT. I have over one million soul memory, so I might try to get the Royal Soldier's Ring+1 before finishing Tseldora.

Can someone drop me a Greatsword of Judgement they aren't using perhaps? I just started a new game and want to dedicate this build to it, but I've made so many new characters lately, I'm kinda dreading running to Irithyll just to get started.

On PS4, at the High Wall

If I'm not mistaken, Seathe is addressed as the Paledrake eons later, long after the history of Lordran is mostly forgotten and fallen into legend, by people who really have no strong authority on the proper classification of Everlasting Dragons. Namely Orbeck, who's an assassin posing as a scholar because he's too ashamed by the fact that he got duped at Vinheim.

Well, Orbeck, and item descriptions in Dark Souls 2, and let's be honest, that game is terrible when it comes to dragon lore. Just look at the mess that is the Ancient Dragon and the Dragon Memories, and the souls you can find therein.

Try the L2

you guys literally ignore entire regions of more than one game because of a single item description that doesn't even have faith in its own statement, while simultaneously referencing what you actively get to experience in both of the sequel games.

He's called the paledrake in a piece of lore that's written from the perspective of historical documentation that is utterly ancient, fragmentary, and often wildly misinterpreted. We all already know that Seath is a first generation pre-history Dragon, and that Lothric's knowledge of the Age of Ancients is sketchy.

Meanwhile, Stormdrake is written as a proper noun and is from the perspective of an omniscient third person narrator disclosing things that are otherwise not possible to know. There's a clear difference from in-universe recorded history and magical lore narrator facts.

Speaking of which, if the Dragon corpse (the Withering ruin) fought in the war with gywn, how the fuck did it get underground?

Right then, applying your own retarded logic of counting the number of limbs and wings on things, tell me how many wings each of the dragon forms in the games has. Go on, I'll even wait for you to post screenshots.

>paledrake
>we know they're wrong because we know he's a real dragon, time is convoluted, etc.
>stormdrake
>well obviously these people know exactly what they're talking about

you are pulling so much fucking shit out of your ass it's unbelievable

DaS1's world was built on top of the canopy of archtrees extending from ash lake
In 2, that canopy has collapsed

>entire regions

Ash Lake lets you turn into a fuzzy malformed humanoid. Dragon Shrine has a bunch of humanoids wearing armor. Archdragon Peak has a cult of yet more humanoids sitting around naked and turning to stone. There's literally nothing that says people turn into drakes except "well you can find drakes in two of those areas, so they must be former humans!". It's the kind of ridiculous leap of logic in the face of already extant information that requires vastly less assumption and theorizing to be correct that youtube ecelebs are known for. The only shit that even hints at failed dragon transformations is a fucking serpent ring.

The Writhing Ruin is not that dragon. The Writhing Ruin is Seath's somehow transcendent soul, who possesses both the Duke, in order to dig down to the crystals, and later his pet in order to take over the area.

Tark is the direct result of an experiment by Seath in one of these forms, as he's kept Science Dragoning over the years

Don't the BK weapons require 18 Dex?

Technically you should be asking not how it got underground but rather how it got so close to the surface.

Dragon Memories seems to take place on top of the broken trunk of an archtree at the dawn of the Age of Fire, after all dragons are dead and reality is properly formed but before the world is rearranged and the lands properly built on top of Ash Lake.

how can it have collapsed if 2 takes place before 3, don't be retarded. the war against the dragons was fought in ash lake

well explain to me then why the two drakes in lothric contain the pus of man

Can anyone make out the requirements for the Fire Dragon Shield thing?

I've just discovered irithyll and greirat wants to go nigger it. Can I refuse him and send him later or does the option disappear forever?

charge the l2 into any basic enemy

if they aren't dead repeat as they get up

works on every basic enemy even npcs

Yes but none of them are STR weapons, all of them are noticeably better Quality.

Are you literally retarded?

We know Seath is not a drake because we literally met him. We saw him in the omniscient narrator opening video that flatly stated he was a dragon. Everyone who is actually physically while he is alive, including the dude who camps out in his archive and reads all his books two feet away from him, refers to him as a Dragon. Lore in the same game delineates him from drakes. The only thing that calls him a drake is fucking millennia later from a library where barely any ancient knowledge still exists, in a land that already calls wyverns/drakes dragons and arranges dragon hunts. Your inability to differentiate basic literary context is either overpowering autism, or else you're being willingly obtuse in the face of blatantly obvious fact because it contradicts your retarded headcanon.

What about the Greataxe and UGS?

what if sulyvahn is actually seath and he went crazy when he remembered who he was

just walk away

>explain to me then why the two drakes in lothric contain the pus of man

Because the shell the Pus inhabits doesn't have to even be alive for it to take control. We see the same thing with Gundyr.

He's not nearly competent enough to be Seath. If anything he's Pinwheel.

I deleted a paragraph of me bitching because salt, but I have a question, as I do want to give this weapon a chance considering the pain and suffering I went through to get it.

I have 31 VIG, 15 END, and 20 VIT. Which do you recommend raising first. I'm thinking VIG, hence the 31. My END feels fine, and I'm not sure how big of an impact VIT would make and when to stop it because changing fashion is a nice breath of fresh air.

Looks like 17/6/11/12 or thereabouts.

Basic Greataxe works great heavy but Yhorm's is better so don't bother. No UGS is great heavy save FUGS and technically Lorian's based on the latter needing not much stat investment at all.

Yeah, but you can't buy anything from him then.

I mean Bloodborne 2 similar to how Bloodborne is Demon's Souls 2.

I don't think 3 suffers from bad writing or anything, I think that Dark Souls 3 is doing themes it logically should be doing but it just feels less and less relatable.

To illustrate a point, in Bloodborne the things going to the shitter are illustrated by NPC dialogue and world changes. In the beginning everyone is basically like lmao you stupid hunter fag, and they talk like they've seen it all a lot of times past. When you talk to people in their houses they don't really give a shit. Then when the night comes the people start to get a bit worried and ask for directions of shelter etc. There are some changes to spawns and the world. Some people are starting to act nervous or nutty and express doubt about if the night is going to pass quickly or not. Then the blood moon hits and people start going super nutty and either get turned to beasts or straight up die. There are more dangerous creatures roaming around. The way it's presented in the gameplay makes you feel like there are events with actual gravity happening in the game.

Contrast to DS3 where the eclipse happens and it changes literally noone and nobody even reats to it.