/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Behold! An Archived Thread! >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>don't understand what's so good about the gold ardeo
>"looks cool I guess, I'll use it for a while"
>get drenched in blood

at last I truly see

>the way it slightly tilts when standing still
This bothers me too much.

I just did hunters nightmare to ludwig with a host adn wore full white church garb, was completey red by the time we finished

I like the way it jiggles around stupidly when you move

Need help with laurence guys, anybody down?

Always bby

ring your bell at the first dlc lantern, password 12

PURGE FILTH

Ring ringan

password 12 first dlc lantern

Are there any viable builds with a heavy emphasis on firearms, any sort of Skl/Blt blend? I just want to use the Rifle Spear as a viable weapon, back it up with the Reiter or Bowblade.

Fyck orphan of kos ./.

>shadows of ganksquad
>summon henryk and madaras

TWO CAN PLAY THIS GAME

my bad, do over

kek

It was ridiculous, I basically stood right in front of the katana guy and every time he started one of his fancy animations I just poked him once, rinse repeat, he couldn't avoid being interrupted. Meanwhile the katana+fire guy was tried to hit me with his no range attacks I could dodge by walking backwards.

Didn't even see the 2flame guy, I think the phantoms ganked on him so hard he turned to cosmic dust.

It's positively unfair, it's so easy

If a woman joins the Vilebloods, is she still a cuck?

>tfw someone fixes your OC

>the league
>lynch mob style idiots who actually eat beasts

host of the phatasms is the thinking memes covenant, with sweet kos filling your insides.

HoH is a close second but only because eileen is such a qt

That depends, can women fit the definition of cuck? Is it exclusive to males?
I think she could be, the dialogue after the marriage proposal doesn't change depending on gender. Maybe Annalise swings for both fences.

>using mainly saw spear and reiter in this character
>go do random root chalice to farm materials
>uncanny saw spear

I don't even know if it's good but what a coincidence

Hey, someone saved one of my old requests. Someone else also made this, in a similar vein.

Does bbg have one of those roll and draw pictures?

League are cleaning the streets of beasts, mad doctors and slugs and monsters, ridding Yharnam of the alien horror infesting it. HoH are murderous edgelords hanging around killing their buddies until they go mad and have to be taken out, or die and the blood-drunk hunter goes on a killing spree, real good.

We're not having another masturbation contest disguised as a roleplay again. Save it for when everyone migrates for the new one.
Don't get me wrong, League is my top choice, but HoH are moreover the overworked babysitters, there to make sure the hunters don't hurt themselves or each other. And to remove the occasional threat, like Crowsteel.

I don't know about you, user, but I'm for sure sitting here and jacking it into a League helmet

insight aint free the ascension of man has gotta be bathed in the blood of fallen beasts. hallucinating centipedes in the corpses of your fellow man and eating their flesh is the fast track to the beastly scourge kid. Valtr AKA the beasts embrace is not my covenenant leader. praise kos.

You are an inspiration to us all. Just remember to wash it out.

What's the Carthus Cancer Sword of Bloodborne?
What's the Raw ASS of Bloodborne?

Ludwig's Holy Blade and Ludwig's Holy Blade.

>bloodborne on psnow
>bahaha sonygGers btfo

>no psplus included
>no dlc supported

Enjoy the rental :]

Rakuyo
Saw Spear

>PS Now is the subscription service that lets you stream hundreds of PS3 games to your PS4

But PS3 games don't fucking work on PS4

Also, PSN store has PS2 games for download, why am I streaming them? This thing makes no sense to me, Bloodborne wasn't even on the list of games I saw, which was apparently all games.

is the HLMS any good

what stats do I need to put in to make it worthwhile?

i thought their summon signs were for hostile invasions, it was red lol

Do all of you guys stick to BL 98 or do some of you go up to 117?

Also which ladder is the longest ladder in the game? Note the one to Ioesefka count as two, since they aren't fully connected.

Everyone with integrity sticks to 98. A few shitters that want as much of an advantage as possible go to 117.

where does everyone hang out and invade at, just mergo's left and nightmare frontier?

Love ps4pro boost mode, but 2 problems, after bout 5 hours I get artefacting and headset static

Even if I close game, memory leak?

Just finished Bloodborne for the first time with a STR build using Ludwig's Holy Blade then transitioned to Moonlight Holy Sword once I beat Ludwig.

Thinking of starting a new character with a DEX/Skill build. Which weapon should I main, the Chikage?

My understanding is that the Chicago is more for SKL/BLT builds, so go with Blade of Mercy if you're doing pure Skill since it's got S scaling.

Beast hunter saif

Church pick

Threaded cain

bumping this question

Can anyone help me with abhorrent beast in ailaing loran layer 3? Pass is bbg

Nvm ill try tommorow

Is there an NPC guide for getting all the gestures/armor sets/weapons/runes that are potentially missable?

I checked all the links in the OP and I don't see anything regarding this.

i wouldve done if my controller would fucking sync

>summon into world
>host at boss gate
>doesn't even give me a wave just walks through the gate
>I blank out

rude

>not getting the boss to half hp then blanking out to meme him

Ok, I got an idea for my next character, it's going to be heavily PvP based, I was planning on using the Beckoning Bell and summoning a Chime Maiden in EVERY area before I kill the boss. Will this plan actually work if I want to be invaded in non Frontier/Mergo's middle areas?

Do I HAVE to spend one insight to get a cooperator before a chime maiden spawns, or is simply using the bell enough to spawn one?

Last question is will these maidens stay once I stop using the beckoning bell? What happens to them if I kill the boss of that area, do they disapear?

>tfw getting perfect gems on characters that don't need them

I have several awesome nourishing on my skill build, just got another triangle from SRRC of all places. Meanwhile my ARC build has some perfect adept gems and a near perfect offshape triangle bloodtinge.

Ringing a sinister bell spawns a bell maiden in your world if the boss is alive. If you silence blank the bell, the maiden stays and will still find people to invade you unless you kill her. The maiden disappears if you reload the area and if you've killed the boss, won't come back at all.

i think it's kinda ass that you can't drop items for people

in DS1 i used to drop chunks for people i invade

>drop something for someone in DS2
>they immediately disconnect because they think i'm a hacker who will drop a +20 item that will corrupt their savegame

damnit, so if i want to eventually complete the game my plan won't actually work since the maiden will disapear if i go travel anywhere(restocking/chalice farming/etc) and all bosses are dead?

so am i stuck with leaving the nightmare frontier + mergo's left chime maidens alive if i want to beat the game(all bosses) but still want to get invaded?

The correct word is "cuckuquean"

If you reload the game or quit or whatever, you can just re-ring sinister bell and the maiden will come back but killing bosses stops her from spawning in the area. Pretty much stuck with Frontier/Loft as the main pvp areas. Hunter's Nightmare might work too since it has both Ludwig and Laurence but no idea on how invading goes there

MIYAZAKIIII

What do Annalise's panties smell like?

The PS3 games don't work on ps4 because the internals are completely different. With PSnow you're sending inputs to a remote ps3 and the footage is streamed back to you.

What do you think?
Delicious Blood.

vile blood of course

Hey man open this door, I'm from the church

Is this supposed to be Oedon? Why are there smaller versions of the same statue all over Old Yharnam?

>formless Oedon
>having a form
It's just some church person

>formless
Yeah but humans are dumb and anthropomorphize everything.

I always assumed the Grand Cathedral statue was supposed to represent Ebrietas too, what with the pouring out blood and the tree branches look like wings from a distance.

Fuck the healing church and fuck Laurence.

t. Master Willem

Matyr Logarius is kicking my ass for some reason. Anyone wanna help? Pass is: bbg02
Lvl50/NG

25 arc enough for a 43 kos twink?

Nvm, got him.

Still there? I'll head on over after I finish my cig.

Anyone wanna help with Ludwig, I wanna play with someone not just Valtr.

For Parasite yeah, even 20 is fine. For Tools, no.

Still having trouble?

I'm at Mensis now, Valtr and I just doubleteamed him with pizza cutters.

It's anywhere between 98 and 117. I prefer 108 as it's in the middle of the two, and don't play public PvP.
Really, the "meta" is moreover for the sake of public invasions to dodge the reddit 150s. If you don't have an interest in public, you have the freedom to go past 98, but should probably stop at the 117, it just gets excessive past that. Some people defend the 98 with their lives, but it doesn't matter all that much if you just want to co-op or play the game normally. You should adhere to the 98-117 for FC, though, just to keep it a little more even.
As for the ladder, I'd think either the ladder from the aqueduct to the area where Viola's daughter is, or the one from the end of the aqueduct where the Saw Hunter Badge and first pig are, to the end of the bridge to the Tomb of Oedon, where the five on the bridge get hit by the flaming ball.

>Charred Hunter Garb clipping

With what?

Doesn't the mullet clip?

Hair and weapons. Things on your back clip through the cape when moving and longer hair clips through the collar

Long hair clips with most garbs, as for weapons the only time I've seen clipping was Logarius' Wheel on Executioner's cape.

98 is about as barebones as you can get with a lot of builds. I'm the same as you, around 105 for most of mine. 98 gets you main skills and vit to 50, those few more give you breathing room with END, or a few more points to wield a larger variety of weapons. 150 is just retarded.

Or anyone else who knows all the shit they did

wow ded

I got some autism to vent:
.>two years post release
>fucking healing church :(((
shutup faggot yharnamite filth your women lay with dogs lol get banished to the woods retard lmao

The Church is responsible for everything, both good and perceived bad.
>most advanced and powerful trick weapons and firearms
>harnessing of the arcane
>the best fashion sense
>continued the workshops after Old Hunters retired to the dream or banished to the nightmare and Powder Kegs went full panic mode and burned down Old Yharnam
>the fucking moonlight sword
>the most organized group, actively recruited non-retarded Yharnamites for hunting
>clerics and holymen get the coolest beastmodes
>advanced Church members like the Choir get the greatest insights and ayymodes
>contact, discovery and attempted mapping of the Pthumerian labyrinths
>farming of kos-parasites and successful impregnation of Mother Kos

No one else is even trying in the Bloodborne universe. Mensis dudes seemed okay, but they all brain-died. The Confederate are a small ragtag group that see centipedes in blood and they manage to get more shit done than 90% of not-Church people in Bloodborne.

I don't know if it's on purpose, or simply a massive writers-oversight or too much cut content, but no one does anything in Bloodborne. The Church did fucking everything.

Yharnam is a retard city full of useless degenerates drunk on blood. Church members actually put the blood to higher use, like medicine and knowledge, rather than just stupor. Despite being in ruins now, the Church remains the most capable force out of the clusterfuck that is Yharnam.

The Holy Moonlight Sword is a Pthumerian weapon, found in one of the Chalice Dungeons. Not made by the Church.

thx for using my pic guys :3

Exactly you goofball. Church got their hands on it, no one else.

>stealing from Pthumerian tombs
Church are literally kangs living off the scraps of those that came before.
Except Mensis. Mensis are based.

>Mensis dudes seemed okay, but they all brain-died.
Don't you mean brain fried? Their bodies look like fucking concentration camp survivors.

That sounds fucking weird and dodgy as hell, but if they get enough decent PS3 games I'd certainly be interested.

>tfw they'll never have demon's to stream

Mensis are just wannabe Burgertown fags, same with the Choir

we wuz burgers n sheeit?

The Healing Church is a theocratic blood worshiping cult actively experimenting on the populace with alien blood inbred through selected people to keep them quiet and docile while actively not acknowledging how deeply fucking fucked their methods are because blood = beasts, end of. The Church kind of are everyone in the setting. Mensis and the Choir ARE the Church and the only ones actively experimenting with Insight rather than just blood and are carrying on Byrgenwerth's ideals however bastardized. And even then, Mensis murderized an entire city of people either by kidnapping or by drawing down the moon and mutating them, the Choir experiment on people and either pregnant women or children to make Celestial Emissaries and slug babies.

Also, Byrgenwerth were responsible for discovering and delving into the Labyrinths and making contact with the Eldritch Truth, not the Church. Byrgenwerth is responsible for everything, the Church just carried it on and made it worse.

Burgertown ingame is represented in a pretty lame fashion though, unless you count Forbidden Woods as a part of their territory.

What was Burgertown as an organization before they found the Splatoon Labyrinth though? Just random archeologists or what?