mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Rough Ride your new forklift here:
mwomercs.com/roughneck

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/civil-war
mwomercs.com/civil-war-update
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mwomercs.com/civil-war
mwomercs.com/civil-war-update

Are you old men still playing this fucking game? holy shit

Will PGI eventually release IS omnimechs, the way things are headed?

Are there any IS omnimechs that would even be playable? Raptor, Owens, Avatar, Hauptmann perhaps? There are a lot of IS omnis that would be terrible in MWO due to the way omnis work, they would be hardlocked to trash builds, Striders for example.

Avatar and Thanatos and Fafnir should be ok.

>when this post reminded me about the Big Gun Locust
Shit, the more I think about the implications of the Civil War tech the more I'm happy about it and glad that they went to 3067 instead of ~3062. The thing I hate most about the 1V is the need to stare with that laser all the time.

>glad that they went to 3067

3067 opens up a lot of IS tech. 3062 wouldn't have been enough.

I thought that they would go for 3062 first as a baby-steps method of heading into post Invasion equipment. Introduce Streak SRMs, MRMs, IS ER lasers and autocannon variants first, balance them against the skill tree and then go for Civil War later. That way they would have a more reasonable workload.

With this they have jumped into the pool head first with their skill trunks flying off.

>Fafnir
Not an omni, fagit

Best to have zero expectations when it comes to that sort of stuff, so you can't be disappointed.

If ATMs are to function correctly at range they have to have a lock-on mechanism. Even the fast SRM velocities will have trouble hitting anything at 500+ distances. Being able to use lock ons may mean that they will give it LRM-like projectile velocities.

This means that at close range they will have both the advantage of lock ons over dumbfire SRMs and the disadvantage of slow missile velocities so SRMs will still be the snappier option. Maybe this might be combined with a staggered launch method like the LRMs to further reign in the power of the HE rounds.

I'm still impressed that the Piggy managed to not create a Clan AC 2.0 situation with these ATMs, but disappointed that they are still too lazy to overhaul their game to support multiple ammo types. It is a bit of a cheat to always have exactly the right missiles available for the job until all of them are spent.

>Catapult K2 with dual heavy pepsi
Fun inbound.

Maybe they'll fix ammo switching so you can have properly functional atms.

Because we are skipping to the Civil War era we will probably be skipping all those early attempt shitomnis. Those from the era that may be decent like the Sunder may appear.

I would want to see how they would pull off the Sunder in MWO, they could work some magic with hitboxes and make it not terrible. It could be the god of arm shielding to prevent it's hardlocked massive XL engine from being cored out from the side

Stick enough armor quirks on something and even something as terribly shaped as a fatlas can be ok.

>awesomes going to be awesome again

nice

rip

isn't the thanatos retro'd to a standard mech?

I'd still want to see the MW3 staple omnimechs. The Strider would be an amazing SRM striker.

The original Thanatos design was supposed to be an Omni or sumsheeeit, but the space gooks couldn't sell them or pull it off, so it became a battlemech.

>The new clan mechs
>But also the new IS tech
Fuck yes
Can't to get good at MRM's and rotary cannons

>single heat sinks
Which would be okay if they did something funky like a quirk that buffs it to DHS levels so that the mech is technically "cheating" by getting that performance despite physically using SHS, but I doubt that PIG is that adventurous.

Is there any good use for non-ER PPCs?

>IS LBX20 will take 11 crit slots
>making it a side torso only weapon

Welp, there go my dreams of having a brawler weapon that doesn't suck dicks.

you have that already, it's called the AC20.

can't wait to put an UAC20 on the IS hunchback

The Strider would be dogshit.

Who the fuck will post in both threads?

Apparently you.

Apparently me.

New player here, what's the optimal macro fire rate for 6xUAC5 whale? 460ms?

nice explosion

faggot. use the fucking keys in game or GTFO.

macro-using fuckwit.

SRM LINEBACKER THAT 1SHOTS ASSAULTS? AMAZING CHEATS BRO

u mad bros
whoops can't hear you through the screen shake! :^)

why is YOUR screen shaking?

also, fuckwit, using an out of game anything is a cheat, just because fucking retards and the other people who also use it say it's A-OK does not make you a cheat using shitter. Either git gud and learn ho to shoot them yourself or don't fucking use them.

I bet you sue a fucking wall hack outline overlay program too.

>using a macro is cheating

top kek

Macros get you nowhere in MWO and no one cares because it's a nonissue

For your information I am 28 years old, I have a job that I make 2.5K dollars a month + extras, I have my own apartment and I have a woman.
I am just not gonna take shit from worthless pathetic shitstains over the internet.
Especially from a colossal faggot nerd shitter which is paid less than a McDonalds employee working for the PIG to ban people in their shitty online game because I hurt the pretty special snowlake feelings of some faggot shitter kid.

Anyone here like mechassault by chance? I feel like playing the game with friends soon. xlinkkai is awesome for that shit.

What if it's a hardware macro, user?
Is using the capabilities of your keyboard magically hacking?
>For your information I am 28 years old, I have a job that I make 2.5K dollars a month + extras, I have my own apartment and I have a woman.
If you're so insecure you need to spew out shit like this because somebody insulted you over the internet then you're far more pathetic than he ever will be.

Where can i sign up for your blog?

Keep us posted

It goes without saying that this is the superior thread because it has less dudebot and shitpostchan.

How much brawling damage you want senpai?

mitebfun

Light Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Heavy BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

if you are using something NOT inside the game to artificially reproduce something YOU cannot do in the game, YOU are cheating.

IF you can apm high enough to fire uacs forever without jamming manually then good for you, that's a SKILL you have, but if you're using things out of the game, NOPE, you're a cheating shitter

>Snub PPC
Is this just going to completely invalidate every other short range IS energy weapon?

Macros don't prevent jams. If they doubletap, there's the chance to jam, period.

All a macro can do is create the optimal shot timing for screenshake, which is pointless and easily achievable manually.

How is it going to be better than the current IS LPL?

Shit
I guess everyone's cheating by using any mouse and keyboard because they can't fucking directly interface with the computer.

Everyone playing the game needs to use hardware to interface with the game. Why is hardware with one function allowed when hardware without that function not?

0 duration plus splash damage

>I guess everyone's cheating by using any mouse and keyboard

Fuck you, I'm still using twin joysticks like you're supposed to.

>splash damage

What? I don't know why you'd expect it to get splash damage.

The IS LPL does 11 damage in .67s for less heat. I hardly see the snubnose PPC completely invalidating it.

>only does full damage out to 270 meters
>damage dropoff to 450 meters
>does zero damage over that
>does 1 damage per heat at best or 0.5 at max

So literally worse than a LPL.

6RAC2 Annihilator is difficult to build without an XL, and since you can't freely change engines in SSW it's even more of a pain. 85% armour on this one already, and only 2 extra DHS, with a 300LFE. Going down to a 280 to get more ammo, armour, or DHS would be best, but really you're going to be hurting for something no matter what unless you want to lose even more speed which is a terrible idea. Still, it's technically doable in a not completely retarded fashion I guess.

And 4UAC10 is pretty much not happening unfortunately.

On the otherhand, if the memes are strong enough...

"We will never add Heavy lasers" - Russ
>adding Heavy lasers in the Civil War patch
epic just epic

I don't think they are competent enough to code in variable damage dropoff over range. It will probably scale to 0 in a linear fashion after 270 meters, so 540 max. Which is about the same level of range buffing that the LPL got only this time to max range rather than optimal range.

It's also instant so less screwing around in brawling and more synergy with SRM builds.

I think he meant no splash damage. Which the LPL technically doesn't have but in practice does because of the duration.

>I don't think they are competent enough to code in variable damage dropoff over range.
>It will probably scale to 0 in a linear fashio

You'd almost sound like you knew what you were talking about if you didn't forget that clan lrms have a variable dropoff instead of a linear one

IS LPL duration is so short to begin with it's really not that much of an issue, easily worth the heat-damage tradeoff.

Also Clan LRMs do not dropoff linearly in damage, and ATMs sound like they'll be doing bracketed damage, but who knows.

Don't forget it will also have a slower fire rate than a LPL. It's literally worse in terms of damage, in terms of heat, in terms of DPS, in terms of range. It will probably have a shitty ghostheat limit as well.

The only thing a snubnose has over an IS LPL is that it weighs 1 ton less.

For when you need to utterly destroy both yourself and the enemy infront of you. 140 damage alpha strike on doubletaps. I mean, you're going to explode from the heat, but fuck it.

>78 damage at short range

Spicy meme-a-ball.

It's a budget LPL.

Only really good for mechs that have PPC heat/ velocity and energy range quirks.

To be fair, that's not to snub the ppc ba dum psh, but more of a factor of just how good the LPL is relative to all other shorter range weapons.

The boring but inevitable choice. Lower arm actuators for the gauss arms are nice.

Downsizing the engine for more DHS would probably be best too but alas, SSW limitations.

Well technically the snub-nose PPC could have its niche if it follow the tabletop values, which means its optimum range would be slightly higher than the normal PPC's but it would have only half the maximum range compared to the normal PPC.

So it should be a budget clan large pulse laser, really.

395XL, 4ASRM6, 4HML, 21DHS, 4JJ.

This will be a fun, if hot, build. Alternatively, 380XL with 4ASRM6, 4MPL, 21DHS and 4JJ, or a 375 with a TC1.

No proofs whatsoever, you're not funny.

Last one because it struck me the Cent AH is one of the better mechs to fuck around with rocket launchers on. This is for you, Dashing.

255XL, 3RL20, 1UAC20, and room for a TC1. I think IS TCs weight the same as Clan anyways, I don't know. I tried to fit it with a light engine but you wouldn't get enough ammo unfortunately, you'd have to drop 1.5t of ammo.

With doubletap you get a nice, one-time 100 damage alpha. Not bad for a 50 tonner.

>missile hardpoints on the right torso of a cent

notsureifserious.jpg

Who cares, I just threw them in, it's all the same.

They removed 30 days premium from each package (0 left on standard, 30 left on collector)

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

It was literally on his twitter. I can't be arsed to dig through months upon months of his twitter shitposting, but anyone who has been here for long enough will probably remember it alongside the guy who bugged Russ once a day about MUH MADCAT MK II

how about we don't have two simultaneous threads

Well considering that one is complete shitposting and this one isn't, I'll just stick to the proper one.

but having TWO BREADS is FUN.

and 2>1

Compiled from sarna.

Weight, Slots, and Cost will probably be the same. Everything else is probably going to be close, but who knows.

tons and slots are always true to tabletop
damage is either the same or very close, heat is all over the place

range for a lot of the weapons is easy to value because they have the same range as existing weapons in the game

cost who the fuck knows

holy shit heavy small laser damage

>remove prem time
>add fancy item that gives extra cbills but only if you buy a couple of big packs
>golds don't seem to notice

really makes me think

kek didn't even notice because every grab deal forever has had premium time

we better get the outreach hugbox riled up about this

So how would the lmg and hmg work in comparison to the regular memeguns?

back after along winter, which are the best kitty prime builds for some one with a few omnipods

What do you mean? LMG have more range but less damage, HMG is the opposite.

>tfw it'll be several months until I can equip all of my mechs with nothing else but mrms, racs, snub pepsi, atms, heavy lasers, etc

4spl + 24Asrms + JJs

I only just recalled reading somewhere a long time ago that the Clan LRM actually uses some sort of nonlinear formula for its damage dropoff unlike the old PPC, but I can't confirm it so I assume it is linear.

The snubnose pepsi has an accelerating concave graph for its damage up to its max range on the tabletop. If we were to extrapolate the damage reduction all the way down to zero it would end up slightly less than the 18 hexes of standard PPCs where those still do full damage albeit with poor accuracy. Really wonder how they're actually going to handle it in MWO because having the same damage range as a medium laser is pretty harsh.

0.67 seconds of burn time is enough for lighter and faster mechs to overshoot an opening in the terrain while firing. The difference will add up over time. I certainly would be happy to have it on my Locust.

Why would it necessarily fire slower than the LPL? We don't know what kinds of tweaks they're going to cook up for it. It is entirely possible that they may boost its range and/or damage in the same fashion as the LPL given their status as "big brawling weapons that have range problems".

4 second cooldown on every ppc. 3.25 second cooldown on lpl. (2.25 to 3.25 on every laser)

I don't know what they're going to do with the snubnose, but it definitely won't have a 3 second cooldown.

CLRM dropoff is assuredly not linear.

Lasers only start their cooldown timers after they have finished burning.

Even if their recharge times were different it is only a minor difference and creates more methods for bypassing ghost heat limits since pepsi and lasers aren't in the same category. I can think of a few assault mechs that might be able to take advantage of that.

So?
You can fire a LPL from start to finish, and start firing a second time before you can fire a ppc twice. The point about a slower fire rate, as well as less damage, worse range, and higher heat all stand.

The only ways the snubnose is better is it weighs a ton less, and obviously the pinpoint damage of the snubnose means the damage either all lands one component or misses completely.

Which is tripling down on the retardition since they aren't supposed to have any dropoff at all.

>4spl

anything more "serious"?