/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Elite edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements have been deployed
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12540759
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Caveira is not op

First for add this to the booru pls

n'th for dead game dead patch

>looking at jtf2 on wikipedia
>end up looking at canada wikipedia page
>the population of canada (35.16 million) is smaller than the population in the state of california (38.43 million)
>even fucking smaller than japan (127.3 million) germany (80.62 million) and britain (64.1 million)

what the fuck canada

>tfw you start fuckin with buck

>Bandit's MVP animation
Is this intentional?

It's because a ton of the country isn't really habitable in any conventional sense.

You could argue however the country should have about 2x the population that it does, since even in the habitable, near the border zone there is a lot of unused space

>Eh, whatever

even russia has a population of 144.5 million though and that place is known for harsh winters and shit.

90% of Canada's population is with 100 miles of the US border, the whole "America's Hat" joke isn't really a joke, Canada mostly serves so dumb Americans can "go out of the country" but without really changing anything.

>when the meth kicks in

Russians have no sense of right and wrong to a basic level like living

Yeah but you could live in Canada and expect a relatively good life style

Russia is like... Yeah dude. No.

canada deserves to be annexed by the U.S. desu. i hear it's housing a bunch of liberals who attempted to escape the reach and judgement of president trump. we can't allow that country to house and protect those criminals.

How the fuck do I control the recoil on the mp7? If I am at chest height the bullets just go fucking everywhere.

wait so did echo's smg get the buff

Stop playing on consoles

Compensator helps. Try to onetap whenever feasible. Otherwise just pull down and pray.

>not being able to handle the mp7
Sounds like you need more drugs

Daily reminder that Delta Force still isn't in the game, while FBI-SWAT is.

So boys, how does everyone feel about this midseason reinforcements patch? Does it kind of feel like Ubisoft is running out of ideas or is Glaz the only one buffed because, well, he's the only thing broken in the game worth fixing???

I feel like the reticles are maybe a bit too small, but that's just me

its aight

>FBI SWAT
>mostly regional agencies that pool from the regional police forces, that have you continue to work with local agencies
>sometimes in large enough cities FBI will maybe set up a local SWAT only branch staffed exclusively by FBI
>agents are still "local" in almost every case

>FBI HRT
>literally named the HOSTAGE RESCUE TEAM
>can deploy anywhere in the USA in hours
>has own logistical transport
>is analogous to special forces and units like GIGN / GSG9

Missed opportunity

>only thing broken in the game worth fixing

HAHA

>tfw play like shit sober
>every beer I drink I play better
>until I hit 8 beers
>cue the downfall

kinda enjoyable desu

With their claimed "100 operators," they're gonna be using every single nook and cranny special ops force they can.

I'm the guy who made the Xing with Yoperator comics starring recruit. Need ideas for another comic.

>He doesn't know about the Ballmer Peak

>one shot Monty
whyyyyyyyyy

Who do y'all think will be the first DLC operator to get an elite skin and what do you think it will be?

Frost, Hibana, or Buck.

gotta give some love to the female operators, there's only 8 of them and 4 per side so you can't have an all female team

all the females on defense are DLC operators anyway

Buck, he's a popular pick among the community and within the Pro Scene.

Every op with an elite skin so far has been a very widely used character, with the exception of Kapkan.

Although I think it'll be a while before any of the DLC ops get elite skins, they seem to be working their way through all the vanilla ops first.

Same as Russia, most of the country is inhabitable Tundra

And that population is focused on the habitable parts. Russia is still like 60% inhabitable land

I'm not a big fan of these elite skins. The whole vintage thing is really bland to me.

I was hoping for more modern-futuristic stuff, since, you know, we have magpies and cloaked robots and shit?

Uh do you get your castlecades back now when they get torn down by teammates?

Your job is to make an alternative to valk like hibana is an alternative to thermite. Go.

An otaku who uses a cloaked drone.

Not him but they still have about 140,000,000 people

yeah but look at the size of the country. The USA has 320 millions and if I'm not mistaken Russia is slightly bigger

You know echo's not even close to a decent replacement for valk. Try again.

An otaku who uses two cloaked drones.

I want all of you faggots to explain to me right fucking now, without ignoring this post, why is it that 99% of Hibana players seem to be absolute retards who throw their charges at random locations even though they KNOW they're the only ones capable of breaching reinforced walls and that the objective is in a room where it's pretty much imperative to blow them up. Like the garage in Consulate.

Seriously, every Hibana player I see just goes "LOLS" and throws the 3 charges at different locations, it's like they take a course or something to not be effective breachers

Russia is the largest country in terms of land

Hibanas don't think they are Thermites, they think they are Bucks except they can now make kill holes through reinforced walls

>chechnya

>buff glaz
>yet another reason why castle is garbage
killed like three dudes through holes i've made in castles barricade

I still feel like Hibana kind of makes Thermite irrelevant. She does everything he does, with the added benefit of being able to keep using her ability if Bandit abuses the shock system.

The buff overtuned him. He needed a buff but this is too much. Although it did actually make smokes useful for once.

Passive motion sensor with real time pings that has a unique ping that feeds to the operator via a headset overlay.

It's always been like that my man. If they crowbar it you get refunded but if they blow it up with explosives you don't.

I just wish that all the customizable stuff in them was in the game. Like how thermites charges are different, or even victory animations since Ubisoft wants to go the call of duty route

>get smoked
>leave and get killed by glaz
>stay and get killed by his friends that can push because I can't see shit outside of the smoke

Motion sensors that beep loudly when an attacker comes close to them.

Taking his idea, but make them little orbs like valk has with a spherical radius around them. Having them as mats or on doors would be too easy to spot.

On a side note, I think an offensive operator who's ability is to barricade doors and such would be awesome. Slow down defenders/flankers.

An op with pressure detectors that can be laid down like welcome mats. Can't be destroyed and make a noise/ping the location when they're crossed. Think of it like the metal detectors on Kanal and Bank except you get to choose where you want them to be.

Valkyrie or Echo

I think a defense operator who had siege equipment like access to breaching charges and rapel equipment would be cooler.

I know you're shitposting, but rappelling could be pretty awesome. However, they would have to get rid of the reveal for going outside.

Fun fact: Russia has a Jewish state

so now that the dust has settled and everyone agrees that buff is overpowered

how do we nerf him while still keeping the thermal

Remove smokes from pretty much everyone but him.

Swap his smokes for Breaching charges, now he requires teamwork to be at his most effective, and his 1vX potential goes down.

>so now that the dust has settled and everyone agrees that buff is overpowered
Hold the fuck up, let's settle this like men.

strawpoll.me/12540759

I've never experienced what you are talking about, but maybe it's because you don't understand exactly why Hibana is deploying charges in the places she is throwing them.

I'm a Hibana main and I regularly do things like open up two murder holes simultaneously in two different locations, use a charge on Castlecades, breach a hatch and a wall at the same time.

I don't know the problem you are experiencing, and maybe it's cause I usually pick Hibana on attack so I avoid these problems since I'm playing her, but I tend to operate on the premise of opening murder holes, so entry via a normal entrance is safe, and then opening it up as need be

make castle-cades COMPLETELY bulletproof, and bam, you just made him better

>it's another you're the only player on the team above level 50 episode

remove his smoke grenades, apply thermal signatures to hostage and all his teammates

Decrease the power of his sniper overall, give him less damage at close range but more at a distance, increase ADS with the flip sight, maybe make it run on a cooldown. Can it be muted?

>give him less damage at close range but more at a distance
>increase AIMING DOWN SIGHTS
>have a scope on cooldown

user do you realize how retarded you made yourself sound

Par for the course in /r6g/

not an argument

>know guy is going to spawn rush
>pop him in the head
>he kills me first and is only at like 5 hp
Hate this fucking game sometimes.

>make fun of glaz for months
>was the punching bag of in jokes next to Rook
>change actually makes him better

Just make the thermal on a cool down

i wasnt arguing you tard, i just pointed out how stupid his post sounds.
learn to read before spouting your autism

>Just make the thermal on a cool down

>scope runs on solar power, and the battery lasts 3 seconds

drawlads frost and kap this

The General made fun of the Spetnaz for months

Now it's time for payback

Which translates to "fucking retards" if there's no Thermite in the team and the objective is 100% harder without breaching those walls, like pretty much all garage locations that exist in the game.

Look, if there's no Thermite, at least make a fucking hole at the bottom to crawl through (that's another thing, 99% of Hibana players don't know that a charge placed at lowest elevation makes a hole you can crawl through)

I get making killholes and shit, that's good, but if there's no Thermite then you have to fucking assume his role

Killholes can't fix everything, the house garage for example is still a nightmare for attackers if they don't breach the front gates

dumb frogposter

>accusing someone else of autism when your brain fries upon seeing an instance of writing that isn't completely literal

Let me dumb it down a shade for you. Glaz(The Spetsnaz operator on the Attacking side the with the OTs-03 rifle who made his first appearance in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege(developed by Ubisoft Montreal)) should receive some changes to his gun and character, which may include, but are not limited to:

-decreasing the power of his Ots-03 rifle overall
-reduce the amount of damage his weapon does at a close range while allowing him to do more damage at longer ranges, allowing for a more gradual damage dropoff
-increasing the amount of time it takes to aim down his OTs-03 rifle when the thermal flip sight is currently in use
-allowing the thermal sensor to run on a cooldown timer. This means that it can only be used for a certain amount of time. You will be able to use the thermal sensor again after a set amount of time.

Do I need to make it even simpler? Or will you continue to sperg (act like an individual with Asperger's Syndrome) over every form of shorthand writing for absolutely no reason?

>being this autistic
holy shit

lmao

>wall of text
goddamn, the autism is real

>Run off and abandon my teammate to defend the Defuser 1v2
>He dies
>"WTF FUZE"
>"I was the insurance."
>Click
>THUNK THUNK THUNK BOOM THUNK BOOM THUNK BOOM BOOM BOOM
>"Cheeky fucker"

Gimme your best Fuze memes. I'm feeling pretty cheeki.

>the house garage for example is still a nightmare for attackers if they don't breach the front gates

Here is how I know you are likely not very experienced in Siege.

A Hibana with no Thermite is credit to team in a number of different ways, one of them being making killholes on either side of garage plus taking out a trapdoor (typically above gym or laundry). It exposes most good positions defenders can play without the attackers even needing to move through the garage walls.

By breaching the floor right above garage and gym, you can easily flush out (via bullets, nades, or flashes) any pesky defenders into the fire of your friendlies by the Hibana holes.

Not every strategy requires entering through the big dumb obvious way. Hibana shines in letting you use killholes were it really hurts the enemy.

Of course you can still make a prone hole with Hibana so you can sprint at it and prone at the last second and then sprint again, for the element of surprise, but this won't work on good players usually

Wasting two hibana charges to make a crouch/vaultable hole almost seems criminal when you consider her other possibilities.

Change the thermal vision to be a timed cooldown ability integrated into his flip sight.
Give it a sound cue on activation so you can predict it's usage in close quarters and to encourage Glaz to use it from a distance, as he should. It could even make the classic Splinter Cell "vision activation" whine for all I care.
Maybe make it so that when active, the sight glows yellow just enough so you can see it through smokes as well, but not enough to light him up and make him an easy target at a distance on night maps.

Glaz and Fuze shouldn't be able to abuse Castle for an advantage. Remove their ability to do so, and even though his panels are still countered by Sledge and Ash, at least he's no longer a direct detriment to his team at times.

I know that you just jumped off the boat from /b/ and can't really comprehend anything above basic shitposting, but none of what I said was hard to understand for anyone with a passable knowledge of English and a remote familiarity with Siege or FPSes in general.

Maybe you should go back to /v/ and post about whatever the next TORtanic is going to be. You'll be in better company there.

Here's how I know you're not very experienced in siege either:

Unless you're a fucking retard, you're going to reinforce the entirety of the gym wall, maybe leave one wall unreinforced for an emergency entry, and even then, that hatch on living room provides NO VISION into garage, same for the one in Kitchen (the hatch is hugging the kitchen appliances so you can't place yourself far enough to see into ANYTHING below, that hatch really is just there to drop down, so by NOT making a passable hole on the main garage door, you're locking your teammates out of an entire position. The easiest you can do in there is take out both doors (the one at the left and the one at the right) and the enemy has literally no way to hide PLUS your team can get inside and push them into a corner.

>you can make killholes!

You could also make those killholes at lowest elevation, so that, you know, enemies CANT crouch behind them and be completely immune to their effects AND so that your teammates can crawl inside through them when they know it's safe

But nah, I'm just a retard, you keep making those holes where you're basically forcing your team to go from a single point instead of creating multiple entry points, multiple entry points are bad!

>people trying to be jokesters and memesters in voice chat
Quickest way to get me to leave.

>make me a mandatory crawl hole reeee

This is how I know you don't understand just how versatile her role is. Saying that if there is no Thermite you have to make a big fucking hole immediately and how "killholes can't fix everything" is wrong on so many levels.

The point is that you are able to access a conventional entry point because now it is safe to do so. But it's also not the mandatory strategy. Sometimes, yes, I immediately go for the big fucking hole, and sometimes I don't. It all depends on the map, our team comp,

But demanding that a team member play your way and your way only just because you don't understand "Oh shit now I can go through the window" just shows that you are the one who is retarded, not the Hibana's.

this
when i play as those two, seeing a castle-d window is like getting a present from the defenders. while it's fun to rack up all those points, i agree that changing this would probably be for the better

>people still try to argue that Hibana isn't a better Thermite
>Person currently trying is a dumb frogposter
Like pottery

This is really the only buff Castle needs tbⱨ.
>Glaz's rifle can shoot through it and break the barricade
>Tachanka's LMG can't do either despite both guns using the same cartridge

>tfw drugs kick in