Is it possible to drift in an automatic car?

Is it possible to drift in an automatic car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY
youtu.be/qJO2QR4TYOM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY

You tell me

How?

Own a vehicle powerful enough to break traction and have it be RWD...

My car is RWD. How powerful is powerful enough?

Not him but I welded a diff in a $100 Toyota Estima I got, and used to shift it into 1 or 2 (column shift automatic) and rip skids. It's nowhere near as maneuverable as a 5 speed manual, and you have a lack of clutch to manipulate, but you can still powerslide it pretty well.

enough to give you wheelspin

Well I have the 3.6 impala fwd and I guess its techniqualy a power slide but yes. Yes I can.

You can but it would fucking destroy your transmission over time.

git good

I don't think your parents would appreciate you treating their car like that, user.

+1

no but you'll destroy the transmission unless you manually select gears.
IF the gearings wrong you'll destroy the transmission anyway.

It's fine for short sidz but if you want to do it every weekend consider a manual beater.

Overall the rule is:
>going from point A to point B and car is just a mean of doing that
>automatic
>Enjoying yourself as much as possible between A and B
>Manual

I've always wondered, are welded difs cheating?

Like you see a fuck ton of S13's with welded difs but is that because they can't actually drift properly or is it actually necessary?

most cars do not have a LSD and as a result only one wheel will spin.

RWD and enough power could do it, a slightly wet track also helps.

The main hurdle is that you likely have an open diff because youre an automatic shitty with a slow enough car to not have incidentally learned how to drift already.

chinese tyres and having your transmission locked in first/second will help

I drift my 530 autotragic fine, just need to get her up to speed and we're all golden. The 7s do that almost by itself if traction controls are off and you aren't paying attention.

An auto car (presuming it's a conventional slushbox) will only ever be able to power oversteer. You'll lack the direct drive to be able to achieve sustainable entries short of indefinitely ass dragging with the handbrake.

do you know how drifting works? If only one wheel spins, when you want both to spin, you'll go into every wall. It's not impossible, but it's uncontrollable and unpredictable. People weld diffs because limited slip ones are expensive.

you're retarded.

"power oversteer"

that's drifting you dumb monkey.

Yes.

Yes

youtu.be/qJO2QR4TYOM

If that's your idea of drifting, it's not I who's the retarded dumb monkey.

I can inadvertently drift in my auto

Just foot to the floor and swing out the rear end

Now can you drift in a FWD automatic car?

mcdonalds trays under the rear wheels

Ah okay, so only people without an LSD do it. That makes sense. Doesn't it make your car undriveable on the street though?

No.

Oversteer happens when the rear wheels spin faster then the front ones. Good luck doing that in a front wheel drive car.

Sadly

it will hop when you turn, because you have no differential.

If you go on a gravel road yea

Good job proving my point.

It barely counts but I've "drifted" an auto civic...in snow. With ice. And e-brake.