/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #482

''Max, the boss with the gun. Marry me!'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12453760
strawpoll.me/12453759

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
vid.me/7VpH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cute!

Chokers aren't that lewd, they're very stylish,

Yay weddings!

Max is #1

Did Kate not attend?

Did she condemn her friends to eternal damnation for their deviancy?

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

(O FUG. THEY GOT MARRIED!)

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Chloe beat her to the punch, maybe next time Max

Really one of the best Pricefield pictures.

Of course she attended! She's not in frame because she's off to Max's side as the Maid of Honor.
Chloe's parents are also there but are blocked from view by either Chloe or Max.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

The entire world can fall apart, shatter into a million pieces like the glass of a snow globe, time itself can break... but Max and Chloe will always be together.

It comes down to how you prefer it but I do see Chloe as the one that proposes.
They're both thinking about it for a while and Max is trying to find rings. Chloe talks to Joyce about it and gets the ones she and William wore. Chloe wears her father's and presents her mother's to Max. Those have a value that cannot be counted with a number.

Max would shatter time apart to get Chloe back from anything that may happen to her.

>Max showing all that back

hhhnnng

To Max, a world without Chloe is not worth living in.
She will break as many timeline and brave whatever obstacles to be with her. Such is the power of their love.

>/lisg/ stayed at page 1 for almost a minute

noice

They all look great. The Victoria looks a little off but still decent.
Max, Chloe, and Joyce all look amazing. I just wish that Chloe would get a proper necklace.
Someone link that video of them being dorky and dancing around/ singing. It's seriously adorkable.

Don't have the link of the video but have a gif instead.

It hurts my soul when I read replies like these.

It was a Facebook video. The gif's still great though.

Everyone saw the writing on the wall but hoped Dontnod would be smarter than to do THAT.
Turns out they weren't. Which is their loss because we all decided we were saving Chloe long before that "twist" (ha. no.) was revealed.

They have multiple videos like that, but here is the most recent one: vid.me/7VpH

Real life dork gfs.

"We were younger..."

I remember all the theories about Rachel's "reveal" being a red herring for her actual appearance in EP5, confronting the Prescotts about their involvement with the storm, Jefferson being a fall guy for Sean, having all the optional photos you took let you go on a photojumping spree to change events / gather clues to achieve the "good" ending.

Fuck.

who has best boobs

they're all flat

It's good, that was the one I was thinking of.
I love their lip syncing and dorkiness. It really makes me want to see them in the series.
I fucking love them grooving out to the (German) Talespin theme. It's perfect.

Rachel

DANA
A
N
A

There is no best, they're all cute. This game kinda made me love flat chests, actually.

I hope in the next season they give us some thicc characters.

this

Max flatness is cute

alyssa

Yeah, if the series actresses are only half as naturally together as those two, we are lucky,

Max Flat
Chloe Flat
Victoria Flat
Kate Flat

All cute

Going to be tough. I really have my doubts about it working as a series.
They're just going to slap some wigs on girls, make them say hella a lot, and then end things exactly like the game and likely kill Chloe D:
It's probably gonna suck. But at least if it's bad we can ignore its existence and if it's good we will all be pleasantly surprised.

Damn, that Chloe is hot.

If it keeps the aesthetic and the nostalgic atmosphere that makes you feel like you're living childhood memories mixed with "Wierd shit in the pacific northwest" that Life is Strange perfected, then I'll probably like it even if the story isn't perfect. Atmosphere is half of LiS, imo

Nah, they wouldn't kill Chloe, at least not like in Bay, it's far too cliched as far as time travel plots are concerned. And tv audiences are triggered far more by plotholes than gamers are, so they'd have to ditch nearly all of EP5 altogether.

I'm just worried it will either devolve into a twilight-y YA love story with shitty love triangles and plot twists, instead of focusing on just Max and Chloe as they go on their adventure. The new fanbase for the show would probably be incredibly toxic too.

If the atmosphere is good then it will be good for screencaps and webms.
But I don't want to watch it if it's just the game's story with just as many plotholes and a terrible ending.

I hope you're right. I don't think there will be love triangles, or pandering to put Max with Warren, but I also don't think it will be very original.
My hope is that they explore the story more and create a new ending, but I don't know. The studio making it hasn't done very much so it's hard to gauge what to expect. I hope it doesn't draw in insufferable people though, things have gotten bad enough over the past few months with some of the things people have said.

>having all the optional photos you took let you go on a photojumping spree to change events

>mfw I thought the optional photos were gonna be useful for some situation

Your boob terminology is off. Not everybody without giant boobs is flat. Chloe and Victoria are around fist-sized, we know Max has more than it looks like with her shirts on, and Kate has some chest curve too. ...And they could still develop, all being below twenty.

I agree though, smaller chests are perfectly attractive too.

Thunder-thigh Juliet would like to have a word with you.

Either it's good (unlikely; LiS is so great above all thanks to its characters, and I just can't see they could be replicated, especially not by that gimmicky studio), or we can laugh at it. And it will give us new things to talk about, even in-between episode periods for all that good stuff.

We realized that was a possibility for a cool, yet budget-heavy gameplay feature, so we had Jefferson burn all your photos for no fucking reason haha :)

good answer

How annoying that Jefferson could have bee a great villain.
Stuff like having his own power, noticing there was something off with Max and figuring it out, or just having an interesting motive. Instead he's some jackass stroking his ego who has an absolutely underwhelming reveal.

I hate this videogame

it made me feel feels and now that it's over I feel empty

I've been feeling this same way ever since I finished it months ago. It's the most emotionally effecting game I've ever played and I honestly don't think anything, even Season 2, could top it.

That's a big bunny

Alice is evil and rabid

Friendly reminder that /lisg/ bullies Alice and wants to take her carrots away because they're jealous that she gets hugs from Kate and they don't.

I am extremely jealous of anyone who is able to give Kate a consensual hug.

For you

Reminder that /lisg/ loves Alice more than any other community (and is the only one where Alice actually hangs around!) and that the original Alicedemonizer is gone and nobody else gets to do that!

>/lisg/ bullies Alice
Why must you tell utter lies? The only ones to get bullied by /lisg/ are Michel, Warren's fans, and Jefferson. And they have all arguably earned it.

Reminder that Michel got blacked

Why does Warren exist?

>Find out Jefferson also has timepowers
>Final showdown is engaging in a battle of tactical rewinding, each trying to force the other to overuse their abilities, maneuvering them into a position of weakness while conserving their own power.

Would have been glorious.

So you can look at him, even on your deathbed, and think 'meh, could be worse'. ;)

Played LiS for the first time this weekend, and plowed through the whole thing.

>max is cute, awesome main character. Honestly felt myself reflected in her on a lot of shit, even little things like how she'd see a discarded doll, and feel sorry for it. Little shit like that really gives the character depth, and makes you believe they're real. Very well written and acted.
Also Max ain't gay. Sorry :^)
>Chloe is a shit character. Constantly pestering max, making her feel guilty, yelling at her, getting her in trouble, and basically making Max's life more stressful. I get that they were friends once, but it's not worth all the fucking headache. It doesn't help that Ashly Burch can't act her way out of a wet paper bag and just about every line was delivered with the same urgency as a wet fart. I was all too happy to let her die in the end (and in the alternate timeline) and have max finally get some peace and move on with her life. Chloe was better to everyone dead than she ever was alive. I don't mean that in a hateful way, but she just literally did more good by dying than if she had stayed alive.
>The step-douche was basically DONTNOD's verion of The Walking Dead's Kenny. As soon as I found out he was Chloe's step-father, I knew he could be trusted. Games like this always try to go for some "shitty at the beginning but has a heart of gold" character, and this was theirs. I didn't mind it, but was hoping for a character more dimensional.
>everyone else was acted surprisingly well. They had a pleasant array of moods, personalities, and depth. You can even get glimmers of a real human being beneath certain grimy exteriors (Victoria, Frank, Nathan, etc.)

I had put off buying this game because I wasn't sure if it was just some shoegazing hipster trash. Where there were a few eye-rolling bits, I actually find myself chomping at the bit to play a sequel.

What a disgusting piece of shit.

Some bait isn't even worth a (u)

>Chloe is a shit character
You're gonna trigger a lot of people by saying that

In fact you already did. I'd argue that the story isn't about what you think of Chloe but rather what Max thinks of Chloe and she clearly loves her (as a friend or more).

>a narrative based on your choices can only be interpreted one way

I know my opinion isn't be a popular one, but goddamn I've never seen such an unlikable character been put on so high a pedestal before.

IM GONNA MAKE THE TRI-STATE TORNADO LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOKE

He said that HE would argue that, not that it's how the game is objectively meant to be interpreted

Thique Rachel is best Rachel. No wonder Chloe couldn't stop talking about her

"I miss Rachel, Max. I miss her and her meaty fucking thighs"

Chloe lies down, tries to rest her head on Max's legs. They're too bony though, and it's uncomfortable.
>"I wish Rachel were here"

You're a shit character

No, what I'm saying is that if you make the choices considering your wishes and not the Max's you're kind of missing the point.

When you're presented with the final choice, for example, I think the player/reader should take everything they've learned about Max, who she is, her personality and her relationships with the rest of the characters and based on your interpretation of all of this, make the choice between Chloe and the city so as to be more "considerate" with the line of the story.

Just offing Chloe because fuck this blue-haired cunt is always a viable way to see things but I think it's a bit simplistic.

Maybe I'm overthinking things but it's my thinking process whenever I play videogames that give me choices. I don't pick what I'd do but rather what my character would do, and if my character has an established personality then I respect it.

This is my opinion.

With the diet Joyce feeds her at the Two Whales and at home, I think Max could get up to speed on that real quick.

Time stops, rewinds, maybe even accelerates. Max has to get Jefferson in the path of some kind of debris that will take him out. Maybe a flying boat or school bus, maybe under the collapsing lighthouse. The whole time the storm comes closer and closer and you also have to keep Chloe out of harm's way.
But don't worry, if you "fail" then you just rewind and try again- SuperMax can't lose.

>thicc max

even though i love thicc girls, i am extermely uncomfortable with this

>Joyce ships Max and Chloe hard
>She's fattening Max up because she knows Chloe's type

"Woah, Max. You're putting on a couple pounds, been eating my mom's cooking?"

But that could go into fetish territories easily

Reminder that regardless of your choices, Max and Chloe still give each other these longing, come-hither looks.

I agree. As I learned about Max I saw she really was friends with Chloe, it wasn't just manipulation on Chloe's part to find Rachel. The two of them really did care about each other.
By Episode 3 it was clear they loved each other and I was committed to seeing the game end with them both alive and together, like they wanted and like they deserved.
Not once did my dislike of a character (Didn't apply really because I loved Chloe as a character) or some question of sheer numbers stop me from saving her at the end. Even though I wished there would be a better final choice than just 'Chloe vs the town'.

bon appetit

Max is fine just the size she is. Chloe likes small nerds.

That's absurd user, Joyce knows that Max and Chloe are just gal pals, just completely platonic BFF's

We have photos of Rachel's body, and she is not thick. As any girl aspiring to be a model wouldn't be.

Chloe also only talks about Rachel a handful of times, in brief remarks. Among them, things such as saying she's not Rachel's groupie.

Fucking gross

Please keep that stuff to /d/

TOO THICC TOO THICC
REWIND

WHY DOES A FUCKING """"""VIDEO GAME""""""""" HAVE FUCKING CHROMATIC ABERRATION

I HATE THIS FUCKING MEME

Platonic displays of affection warm my heart

This kind of sin is unforgivable.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Your opinions of Chloe and everybody else are important but they're secondary to the opinions of Max.

Generalizing to all videogames, I understand this can feel like a cheap way to railroad the player, but the game still gives you the choice in the end.
What I'm saying is that people should go beyond "I like this character" or "I don't like this character" when deciding stuff.

stop this immediately
but post more flustered, tempted Kate

because cameras
get it

Man, look at these two GREAT FRIENDS!

What a beautiful FRIENDSHIP am I right!