/revog/ - Revelation Online General

>What is Revelation Online?
Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P OPEN WORLD MMORPG with a large amount of diverse content for any type and level of player. Think of the game as having the best parts of all Asian MMOs combined into one low quality Chinese package. Lolis and fuccbois included.

>can I play now?
Yes, the game is live and free to play. Winning costs extra.

>What can you do in Revelation Online?
Story Quest
Dungeons for 5 to 10 players
Raids for 10 to 20 players
World bosses
Guild Castle Sieges
Open World PvP (Optional)
Arenas
Aerial Combat
PvP Modes
Marriage
Housing
ERP

>Guilds
Darkfall - Comfy

>Classes available on launch

Occulist
youtube.com/watch?v=RA4TPJ5HyLY

Blademaster
youtube.com/watch?v=UzghoDd_I1Y

Gunslinger
youtube.com/watch?v=SCW9unkFBdg

Swordmage
youtube.com/watch?v=TB1TvaimRdM

SpiritShaper
youtube.com/watch?v=68aPBMy2dBc

Vanguard
youtube.com/watch?v=lAq1VOjmVcQ

>Official Links
ro.my.com/
rev.mail.ru/
tianyu.163.com/

>Useful links
dulfy.net/2016/11/03/revelation-online-new-player-guide/
rodatabase.net
ro.my.com/forum/thread/6242-the-library-links-to-guides/

>Useful videos
youtube.com/channel/UCLEXe_bm-Ga2wigi3eDDLng/videos
link includes stuff like guide on bags and more. googling will lead you to it anyway

>How the fuck do I play this game?
Read up here: dulfy.net/2016/11/03/revelation-online-new-player-guide

>is the game pay 2 win?
Real answer is no, because it does not prevent you from actually enjoying the game to its fullest as a free to play player. Cop out answer is that its up for you to decide.

>will this general die like the rest?
ded gam ded gen

First for Sword Mages are all whores

I'll ask you to provide examples

What's the best pvp classes right now?

this shit is more dead and its a fucking new mmo lol

Probably SM.

My lifelong dream of becoming a chair has finally been realized.

10v10 and 20v20 bg? Occultist or Gunslinger no doubt. If you have shit gear and lower level then Spiritshaper is the best.

Oh, so this is what that user meant when they said that tall girls can sit on people's heads.

She's a big girl

>Sword Mages are all sluts
Fixed that for you.

Why are there so few avatarfags?

>
damn girl, they say the eyes are the window of the soul but your eyes are a fucking black hole straight into my pants, just looking at them makes my green meat really adamantium hard baby

why dont you become one

I would but im not gay LOL
also this game is shit

this games asthetics are awkward so it is hard to avatarfag without being a meme

moonsea guild when anons

>moonsea

reminds me of plastic nee-san, sans head ornament

It is Plastic Nee-san

u just jelly our deepees is top

I want to bukakke your face

>sm top dps
HAHAHAHHA

Vanguard is LOVE

t. low deeps whore

What happened to that anti-ERP loli on Snowpine? She died, right?

Yeah, RIP.

Man, how can a game have visuals that are so awesome, yet so shitty at the same time?

China

if anyone is confused at all by board quests saying shit like "next available: dragon:, this game uses chinese zodiac timetable for board quests. at the top of your screen you can tell what zodiac time period you are in and the next one upcoming, though you can only see the first letter or two. At time of posting it is Dr = Dragon and about to become Sn = Snake.

and now we're in Snake and next will be Horse. I guess it uses an ingame time-scale. 2 hours (1 zodiac sign duration) ingame = probably like 10 minutes. that'd make 24 hours ingame be 2 hours irl, which is a pretty common ratio.

are there dudes playing dudes in this game? Or is it all grown ass men playing as little girls and cowtit monsters?

The more i play this game the more it annoys me.
It forces me to do all the things i dont wanna do

does it have to be dudes playing dudes

Yes.

hmm... I suppose not. Just wondering if everyone is playing female or not. I got sick of that in BnS and BDO

just tell me there's consistent eye candy that isnt female

I mean the males look good in BnS just no one plays them expect lyn
dunno about BDO

>just no one plays them expect lyn

exactly what I got sick of. Is it the same in this game?

BDO had gender-locked classes dude.

Whats the lvl cap?

I know that, I play the game. Answer my goddamn question already

Don't fucking talk to me faggot.

not that i've seen no, but i barely play. Though more people have been playing as female as expected from faggots.

ah that's discouraging though not really unexpected

thanks

I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU, BITCH

does this count as a dude?

I'm a dude that plays dudes.

I legit cannot tell what this is supposed to be. Are dudes really this pretty'd up or is this a fairly flat chick?

I see lipstick but that doesnt necessarily mean anything

>Expecting IRL guys to play guys in an MMO

Please remember that MMORPG is a Double Entendre for "Many Men Online RolePlaying (as) Girls"

he's male, but I went out of my way to make him as girly as I could.

Its just online social dynamics.
Think about it, if women were in every way as capable physically as men, there would be no point being a man

Welp! Guess it's time I figure out Touken Ranbu then

Still need both sexes to make babies, bruh

>not reproducing asexually by mitosis
What are you, a fag?

You can use traps for that

>He's male

The fuck?

sorry, I was trying to make a trap is all
I wish I could change his voice...

oh, well now I need to search out cute clothes

62nd for afking in hot springs

also bump

Agreed. Hot spring feels great.

delete

You are no longer in a dead thread

Ain't gunna die on my watch.

how young are you? this is every mmorpg ever. its a phenomenon of gaming. Hell, it's a phenomenon of art, that people prefer to create with the female form. I took an art class once. Apparently it is a real thing where as of like the 16 or 1700s the female form has been thought of being more artistic than the male form. By the power of bullshit explanations, this means when people get into that creative mindset, they are more likely to make a girl by default in games, once they understand it is socially acceptable and not demasculating to do so.

on top of that, this is the weeaboo generation, so there's more and more people who want to make their waifu and/or play barbiesformen (tm) Girls will always outweigh guys in an mmorpg character distribution. if it makes you mad, you need a shrink or a new game genre, because it ain't going away.

How do we unlock sidus for town portal?

Anyone else like to browse the forums?

www.strawpoll.me/12476865

Your story quest brings you to Sidus Ur at around 40-42.
At that point just run to the portal, it'll activate itself.

Gameplay wise, I feel like I'm in a trainwreck. But at least the characters are cute as hell. Gotta find someone to carry me around. The social aspect seems really fun.

You're character is cute as fuck, user. Join Comfy for as much carrying as you want.

Haha thank you! I'm glad people think so! I will definitely look into it

hey girl wanna erp

I meant this

The only MMOs I've ever enjoyed were Fallen Earth, The Secret World, and Tera. Would I enjoy this game? Looks pretty similar to Tera, though I only played that up to like level 20, if that.

>level 20
how can you even say you liked tera

Because I slightly enjoyed it. I made a few characters. I don't know man, it wasn't awful at least.

It's much clunkier and messier than Tera. Random bits of the game are still untranslated, and the bits that are translated are hilariously bad. It's fun to cast spells and dodge around, though.

But, if you like cute characters, a decent crafting system, and a more laid back environment, you'll enjoy it. (You'll also want to disable regional chat. Since gold bots are insanely chatty.)

The crafting system would actually be nice if it wasn't locked behind Inspiration and Diligence, which only take longer and longer to get back as you level up.

Oh what the fuck

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was making a character, are the serbs down for maint?

Yes.

Fuck.

Servers down, race war now.

loli butt is best butt

Its also locked behind rng recipes and rep grind as well

I find the game to be unmercilessly tedious.
In some ways having some burden of knowledge is good, becuase players should try to figure out things without having their hand held.
On the other hand revo is layers of time gatijg behind layers of time gating. It has so many layers that unless youve suffered through them already either in cbt or china that youre bound to get caught by at least one of them

You rite.

To be fair, recipes being locked behind rep isn't unheard of. The rest of the shit is too much though.

See that wouldn't all be that bad if literally everything in the game wasn't locked behind time gates. Its not a problem in other games, cause all you need to do is grind it out. The problem is you can't burst grind out things or focus on one thing for long periods of time. Its just a never ending stream of "do you dailies, do your dungeons, do your checklists" every fucking day until you get what you want instead of being able to just go and directly get what you want. I get what they are trying to do (getting people to come back every day to play, consistent player base, etc.) but god does it get fucking tedious even after just a week of playing. Progression of all forms, not just crafting, is just locked behind walls that you need to wait out for basically.

I hate rng recipes the most.
I need charcoal for thing i wanna craft but it just so happens i havent "learnt" it yet

Its funny because much of this game would be just fine without the time locks on progression. They offer nothing to the game at all and only exist to make people pay money to progress faster. Thanks China, you fucked up a really simple formula.

another maintance wat

It really is a shame. I don't want the game to die because I like the idea of a lot of the guild stuff the game has but without a total paradigm shift no ones going to stick around. Though I don't even think one is possible.

Reminder to make a wish at the wishing tree
Mine came true, yours could too!

>this kid is your pug tank today

I feel pretty much exactly the same way as well. It just doesn't feel like any good change will happen.