Lets just admit autos are better

Lets just admit autos are better.

I never really mastered turning and breaking and downshifting at the same time.

I bought a BMW with the auto (BMW ///M is basically going to ditch DCT and manual gearbox for the ZF 8 or 9 speed as no German transmission can handle modern power for longer than 3 years, and the US ones blow according to the ///M CEO Guy) and now all I have to do is turn and brake and paddle shift down.

Thus I can now turn and brake and take a new faster line instead of break, turn, downshift.

Its already faster. On top of the super fast shift mechanically that I couldn't really compete with (neither can you).

Yeah its fun to time a perfectly rev matched downshift through a corner but its also fun doing it perfectly everytime.

Why are you in denial?

I like changing gears

> Germany can't make a good manual

So why not just give us the "manual" transmissions they use in F1?

Driving is boring enough even with manual shifting

US manual: "bad shifting feel" "too heavy, we'd have to cut out the extra speakers we use for fake engine noise to meet our weight target"
German auto: inevitable repairs cost as much as the entire American car

i like to do burnouts and automatic transmissions are against this.

Sounds like your two stupid too due more than to things at ones.

Also, break/brake. Learn the difference or continue sounding like a tard.

How so? It's easier to do a burnout in a automatic. The millions of automatic drag cars don't seem to have any issues doing burnouts. I used to go through a set of tires every week or two with an automatic.

Because I have the freedom to have more control over my car.

That's it, I don't care if it's better or worse, I like the challenge in getting the shifts perfect in all scenarios.

That said, I'm a stickler for input response and 'muh feel', running a manual rack miata PS delete and brake bias controller etc etc.

>Yeah its fun to try your best to get a good time on a track but its also fun letting AI controlled car do the perfect lap every time
I'd rather lose to automatics in every race than win using an automatic.

Shame autos don't mean you win. You're still a shitter and will always remain a shitter if you give up learning something as simple as gear changes.

Drag cars have a line lock and other things to purposely do a burnout.

>I never really mastered turning and breaking and downshifting at the same time.

If you feel cognitive overload, simply step on the clutch pedal.

That simple act will separate the engine from the wheels. It will reset everything. Engine will be back to idle. Car will effectively be in neutral and rolling through inertia. Can't stall. Can shift gears at will.

You will have time to think then. When you've made your decision, simply depress the pedal and engage the clutch as you accelerate.

Manuals are just more reliable and require less maintenance

I'd get a manual even if you had to change clutch every time you change oil.
I'd go far to have more control over my car.

Why don't you just get computer interface implanted in your brain and hook it directly to the ECU?

>Every week or two
Rip that gearbox.

Just because you have multiplicative torque, doesn't mean you should be abusing it as putting so much strain on the other components.

The 4l60 handled it fine. That along with redlining it 100's of times a day comes with that $500 car life.

If your rocker panels on your rwd car aren't coated in burnt rubber, you should be driving a fwd Civic... Save the rwd's for the men.

T56 is godly stop driving shitbombs

Wow, I'll take into consideration that random shithead user on Veeky Forums thinks I'm a shitter if I don't want every commute to work be a fucking slog shifting between first gear and neutral 100 times.

because that doesnt sate his autism

My panels aren't coated in rubber because I can't afford $500 in tyres and $500 in clutch.flywheel servicing every month.

>ditch DCT and manual gearbox for the ZF 8 or 9 speed as no German transmission can handle modern power for longer than 3 years

You do know that ZF is a German company right?

DCTs aren't autos.

Fucking retarded bench racers will never understand this.

>tfw 3 speed auto fwd
>tfw also 3.3l v6

>I am not good at thing
>It's stupid

Are you my wife?

>I bought a BMW with the auto (BMW ///M is basically going to ditch DCT and manual gearbox for the ZF 8 or 9 speed as no German transmission can handle modern power for longer than 3 years, and the US ones blow according to the ///M CEO Guy) and now all I have to do is turn and brake and paddle shift down.

Having torque converter drastically reduces peak torque (shock during shifts) placed on the drive train and allows to use phyiscally smaller gears (including rear diff) and other drive train components.

It's not that "no german transmissions can hold that power", it's the opposite: no one is going to build reliable transmission and engine and all that stuff that will work for years 10 years or more.

Currently many gearboxes are sold as a black box, they are not serviceable. Nowadays not only spares/parts aren't available but also the fluid is supposed to be good forever (sure thing it's not).

Every heard of Porsche Cayenne, latest BMW X5M? Any idea on common issues with engine/gearbox?

Autotragic!?!?!?
Fucking KYS FAGGOT!
Your learning disability that keeps you from learning to drive a manual transmission is like a sickening virus spreading throughout this dying planet.
Grow a pair of balls, get gud faggot. Nobody is gonna stroke you autotragic bicurious faggotry here, OP.
KYS!!!

Yeah the just shift automatically by way of computer controls.
But they are still a manual.

>Yeah its fun to time a perfectly rev matched downshift through a corner but its also fun doing it perfectly everytime.

You admitted in the OP that you had trouble managing manual controls leading into a turn.

Basically, shut the fuck up. If you can't use heel-and-toe your opinion as a driver is worthless.

>make opportunistic trolling thread
>310 replies, 150 images omitted

die, OP.

>the US ones blow according to the ///M CEO Guy

Maybe if they didn't make engines that had an "average" running temperature of 240° fahrenheit they would understand that 9 gears of literally mostly flyover gears is still more dumb than just a simpler TH700. Especially when the acceleration is already governed by the computer and software inside the car though a traction control algorithm to achieve that 3 second 0-60.

>So why not just give us the "manual" transmissions they use in F1?

Why not give us the engine while we are at it.