/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>real nihga edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Thread music
youtube.com/watch?v=T20aIntlGVo
youtube.com/watch?v=jxPXgxbAQrk
youtube.com/watch?v=VO-1sHbj9Tk

>/hg/ vids
youtu.be/TVPia-igdvI
youtube.com/watch?v=OKi6upIr0II
youtube.com/watch?v=xU17UR7umWg

>2 wheeled vids
youtube.com/watch?v=lIfcvC3e3KY
youtube.com/watch?v=1IhZthFLYKo

>Civic vids
youtube.com/watch?v=5IpKcLUhf28
youtube.com/watch?v=5Y4yIjT83kA
youtube.com/watch?v=PbjHAC_Ohpg
youtube.com/watch?v=mZcGBFcMeGE
youtube.com/watch?v=G4yKxWL1Z6U
youtube.com/watch?v=7xF9jxv4L-w
youtube.com/watch?v=MKPZNDd3cp4

>another CM5
youtube.com/watch?v=UvkU2b6d4z0

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6047990397.html
youtube.com/watch?v=L0Nxa0xKU1Q
twiki.pgmfi.org/bin/view.pl/Library/EcuDefinitionCodes
finn.no/95470089
newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/6111206731.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6080965916.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6077438646.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

Bro's corolla is dead
He bought a 1996 Civic LX to replace it
>D16Y7
>130k miles
>$950 (listed $1.1k)
>5spd manual
>stock except head unit and speakers(?)
>bubbling rust rear quarters
>has some problems but a solid deal, no CEL
>new radiator, water pump, front brakes, and alternator(?)

That's pretty good, non riced running EJ6 is pretty expensive here in California.

>Salvage title EJ6 with work done, granted
>$2000

See what I mean?

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6047990397.html

>higher price
>more mileage
>clear coat peeling
>back bumper paint chips
>worse headlight oxidation
>rust in worse condition
>automatic

Welcome to California.
Chances are he will leave smog up to you as well.

Still been trying to fix an issue with hesitation, and rpm nosediving during cold starts.
Seems like it goes away after the car warms up though so I guess that's a plus.

I went and got a cheap torque wrench and vacuum gauge at harbor freight today. I think I got the wrong kind of gauge though, cause mine doesn't have a hand pump at all. Fugn rip.

Their torque wrenches are pretty good. I got one to torque my wheel lugs. Good to see the snow is finally gone. kek

Also found the neighborhood kitter something to sleep on so it hopefully doesn't freeze to death ;_;/

Looks just like my cat.

yeah seems like it was working ok. I tested it by retorquing the service bolt on my fuel filter. I had problems with hesitation when I torqued it too tightly one time. I guess I'll have to test it out tomorrow during a cold start.
Also why you up so late shingu? It's gotta be like morning over there, lel.

Yeah it's almost 5AM. I usually sleep around 6 and wake up at 2 for work. I'm off today though so I can sleep in. It's gonna be raining all day so it's not like I can do anything else today. ;_;

At least my Civic will be clean.

nice.
>tfw it rains here my tree deposits shitty little brown bud things all over.
They always leave little marks until I wash it.

That's the advantage of my apartment complex being in the middle of a big field with no trees. It just sucks when the wind is blowing all the time while I'm trying to fix things. Lack of shade sucks, too.

Before I sleep.

Local police FB posted this flipped Accord. Driver was sleep deprived. Still not sure how they managed this.

RIP

What do you guys think of the design of the latest Civic?

2Edge4Me
but thats all cars now. The current accord has a more handsome profile, they should follow that

Man, if only he called for an Uber ride.

F

just postin in a fresh thread don't mind me

>find a guy with rare parts im after
>either overpriced by hundreds or he changes his mind and wont sell at the last second

Word up nigs,

So I copied a map from jewtube and my Del Sol runs a lot better now, supposed 180hp.
It all runs smoother, faster than before and the fuel seems to be going a little bit faster.
This is with a cat and a shit backbox.
It was suppose to be on a dyno with a d-cat and new spoon N1 box last week, but now I have to wait another few weeks.

This map works if anyone has a b16a
youtube.com/watch?v=L0Nxa0xKU1Q

Anyone have any idea where I can get other maps from?

I'm going to data log two half hour drives tonigh and see what how everything looks, read up on fuel loads and ignition timing, or is there no point doing this without a full wideband sensor?

Pic how I felt when my alternator gave up on my Skoda the other day and left me 40 minutes from home.

Good luck with that mines been doing it three years, striped down twice new rad, new ecu.
Just start her up 5 minutes before you need to drive her or keep them revs up or dont stop.

What have you replaced?

Cant wait to install these bad boys tomorrow.

People need to learn to sleep in their cars before diving

I like them more as I see more of them

What parts?

That's pretty neat. Have you tried looking at forums for maps?

How much and what car?

Pretty sure the rpm fluxuating is normal, mine on a cold start revs to 2k until operating temperature then revs just below 1k

fast idle valve on the throttle body, lets additional air through when cold.

The valve is held open by a wax ball, when the coolant passing through it gets hot enough the wax melts and the valve closes causing the idle to drop to normal.

For my 9th gen civic. Got them for a steal $446 with coupon code that gave 3% off and like glitched the checkout process and gave me free shipping which should've been like $50.

Had to buy bolts that cost like $115 from tein tho. Probably could've just got them from the hardware store but fuck em

not so fast, slick mcdick

Nice biko.

Minded

Join the collage mayne see

Cheers. Been out of riding for a couple of years and decided to get back on the horse!

The next time it is sunny, I shall put some cheese on the tank!

Distributor cap and wires, fuel injectors, and fuel filter.
Problem with mine is that the rpms drop enough to stall out sometimes.

Don't even understand this.
I drove completely normal wasted as shit coming home from a party last night.
What's up with these casuals?

I'm telling you nigger it's probably a sensor or wiring or electronic

that's kinda vague user

Are those headlights a mounting kit or home made?

mounting kit I think
I didn't do em but the guy who I bought it from had light bars and was going for this rally style I didn't really like.
So I took the bars off.

Guys, im looking to upgrade and I want more efficiency. How fast could I make a 2013 Accord sport 6MT? Should I bite the bullet on an EX-L V6? The k24 I want at atleast 250 whp, is that possible? 300 whp?

Only the Hondata forum and there are none on there, I'm not really one for social media though and it's a bit old school these days in the UK, everyones buying new Fiestas or Corsas, the tuning scene has really died off and there's not a great honda scene either.

>250 whp
You're better off getting the V6 for that, yes the J35 is old technology with that SOHC timing belt setup, but it's fast, amd a high hp K24 build is costly.

Just depends on what you want.

What happens if you WOT it? Does it bog?

Any problems when its warm?

If you ever need maps, go here:
twiki.pgmfi.org/bin/view.pl/Library/EcuDefinitionCodes

As a general rule, if your car is less restrictive you are going to run leaner. If you don't have a wideband you can tune a little bit by feel but don't get crazy.

I wouldn't fuck with the ignition timing unless you absolutely know it's not going to be an issue. Don't tune for knock and you should really use a dyno. The only exception is if there are dips in the timing map (like on the stock P72 map) and you fill them in a couple degrees at a time. (It helps if your ecu has a knock board that you can look at as well)

I'm willing to bet it's not a vacuum leak. Vacuum leaks typically don't care about engine temp

Just get the v6.

What's the limits on the stock P28? I revved to 7500 a few days ago but didn't hit the limiter and I haven't tried the top speed yet.

the crome basemap for a p28 is at 7411 RPM. Wikipedia says 7400 for fuel cut

Is your tachometer just inaccurate past a certain RPM?

Also are you sure it's stock? have you opened it up yet?

It might be inaccurate, I didn't check what it actually was on Hondash. I think it's more inaccurate at lower RPMs (idling) and more accurate at higher.

I need to pop it open and check it later. It's been raining all day so I'm probably not going anywhere today.

Mind you I need the sedan, already have a J32 TL and im sick of Honda V6 ATs and timing belts. Could I realistically get another 50 hp FBO+tune? 200 would be okay, ill take low 14s

I took the d16a1 in my orange CRX to redline when I bought it (because burnout) and it was bouncing off the tach at like 8500. In reality the fuel cut is around 7500. Hondash should tell the truth

anything for d16z6 on here?
I heard crazy map stories off of pgmfi

Hey guys so i got most of what i need to do the disc brake swap just want to know if the crx soft lines will bolt up. Does anyone know?

Plan on doing this next week. Just need a prop valve, si ebrake cables and some bushings

Yeah I'll open it up and give it a run on Hondash. Don't wanna push it too hard of course.

d16z6 is just the p28. What are you looking for in a map?

I don't know shit about tuning Ks, but intake and exhaust will help her out, and it will stay reliable.

idk anything for better/earlier acceleration I gues
I plan on boost later but I wanna see what complete stock is capable of with some of these maps

So you'd look at timing in these areas
Typically honda detunes around 1500 and less so that parking lots are more manageable.

you could try a couple of degrees of timing and just flatten the timing out so it doesnt have steps in it.

I don't have my other maps on this computer but I think I added about 3 degrees below 1k rpm pretty much across the board

Again though, playing with timing without a dyno or a reliable way to detect knock is dangerous

Don't know how many euros let alone Norwegians post in here but this cute thing popped up earlier today.
It's so cute, we usually just get beat to shit 1.4 hatches or 1.6 ones with autos
finn.no/95470089

/comfy/

Hey cunts
I've recently gotten the hugest boner for ep3 si hatches and I can find a few on craigslist with high mileage for 2kish or less
thing is I need a reliable car, and while I want to blow my load all over this hot sluts face I don't know if I can justify these primal monkey urges in the long run
Anybody here have experience on how these things age or which components need to generally be replaced? I'm talking 230-240k miles, I know the k20's a good motor though

Apart from normal shit like rust, it's just the heart of an RSX non type-s, open the oil cap and see if it's going POOF POOF POOF POOF, a poor man's compression test like that can give you an idea of how worn it is, timing chain is not an issue which is awesome.

thank you kindly my guy

Tfw waiting patiently for a clean sixth gen civic to appear in my local ads so I can buy my first honda

Go for it user! I love mine (picked it up with 102k, she's up to about 123 now). Mine's been trouble free aside from a couple of minor things (idler pulley went, but that was only $80 and about an hour of work, some rust on the subframe that the previous owner had fixed before I bought it, 2nd gear synchro is a little sketchy but I'm not trying to slam shift the thing so it's fine).

Hard to resist the urge to mod stuff though. I picked up a type-R spoiler in the same color (clearcoat is peeling off of mine), and I might put some RPF1s on it if I can find them for cheap, but other than that I wanna keep it stock for reliability/resale. It's tempting to go out looking for a k20a2 to drop into it though...

Yes

Where did those brakes come from? And it's going on a second gen CRX right?

Pretty mint

Indeed

Post ad before purchasing user

Good luck user. Just be patient

did you change the climate control and cluster color?

Because red looks amazing (no idea what stock is)

also, blog update:

Just bought some ecus for 30 bucks and spent a small fortune on all the components to convert to vtec and chip them.

Going to give selling them a go and see if theres any money in it.

pray4me

Welp, that definitely explains the misfire. However, these plugs were replaced less than 5k miles ago...

newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/6111206731.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6080965916.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6077438646.html
last two are the same, looked pretty good but idk how much a knock sensor replacement is, or if any damage has been done to the motor. Still the miles are so much better.

Changed my wheels back. My bro's civic will get the seven spoke gray wheels. Out was his originally anyways. No pic since it's pouring cats and dogs

Yea original was a regular light bulb with a very faint yellow tint , you know a traditional light bulb color. It was a pain in the ass to do and I broke it worse so I can only adjust the temp via underneath the glove box. I bought it in red to match with my old phone charger but it broke. I have a green one now and I just matched my head unit with it instead.

Good luck

Wew

The bottom two are the same cars. Both are in rough shape. I'd rather pay more to get it in better condition. If I had to pick between the two is the top one.

>Lug nut heart

Kek
My bro did that. I didn't notice it while I was working until I passed by it a second time

guys im fucked

sorry

どうして?

why

From a 94 integra. Yeah its a second gen. Guess ill find out if they fit when i swap it. Finding the ebrake cable looks like its gonna suck

fuck cant find sd reader but oil light slowly flickers on only at idle, goes away past 1.1k

I got the vacuum gauge to test an idle control solenoid on my vacuum advance :^)
I really just wanna get a blacktop b16a1 ;_;/
fugg this vacuum advance.

d16a1*

>trying to save money
>but tired of keeping clothes in laundry baskets
>also need a trashcan
>and some more shorts because I got D16 fluids all over my current ones
>spend $90

Shit.

What did you buy with the $90?

>two pairs of shorts - $16.28 each
>good pens for work - $3.27
>trashcan - $9.97
>plastic dresser with 4 drawers - $29.97
>sister needed some makeup - $7.97
>total with tax - $91.90

Money goes quick.

Well spend, I spend the same on my black cargo shorts.

>Well spend
spent*