Press footbrake

>press footbrake
>rpm drops
>put in gear with footbrake pressed
>shuddering about 2 rpm away from stalling

>foot off of brake while in neutral
>peaceful steady idle

What are your mysterious issues/pet peeves

when i press my foot down on the accelerator my car gets really loud until i change gears

Dude just trash your car now what the fuck

Vaccum leak in brake booster.

my personal favorite is CEL going on and off like a demon one night then completely stops the next

You have a leak in your brake booster.

i had that problem its a vacuum leak in the Booster or Valve or Booster/Intake Piping

>Water pump explodes
>Ford dealership replaces it and most of the cooling system
>Car will now periodically overheat for 2-5 seconds before I hear a bubbling sound and it cools off

head gasket

that shit better be under warranty, get another car.

If I floor it while I turn after shifting down, the back end fishtails a little.

>not flatshifting at WOT
pussy

>Shifting from 1st to 2nd I have to let a little time out between the two gears or it'll grind a little (Toyota C50 trans).

Fords retarded programming in the SN-95 Mustang.

A/C compressor clutch engages at all, RPMs drop to 500 for a full second because the ECU has a delay to compensate for the extra load.

So I'm mechanically retarded. When they replaced my water pump, they asked if I wanted an "engine tune up" which sounded like bullshit to me but I was already dropping a fair amount and I told them sure, whatever. There is a warranty on the work they did (the car itself is a decade old) - is this a thing that they fucked up, or is this a thing that I fucked up by being a shitty owner? Other than fluids and replacing my own breaks, I always take my shit to a shop if something is wrong/check-ups.

In my old truck
> Go anything below 1.2k RPM
> No more power steering

bad powersteering pump

Not your fault muh dood but if your car is 10 years old a Head Gasket (Boiling kettle sound right?) is fucking COMMON

what car/engine?

my bet is the waterpump dun ded and cooked the heads, warping them and fucking the head gasket in the process.

cars probably totaled, hope engine swaps are cheap.

Could be as simple as a thermostat or air bubbles in the system but surefire way is to check if there is oil in the radiator and water in the sump

Check dipstick and coolant tank, post pics if u want.

That sounds like a bad brake booster. When you depress the pedal it expands the diaphragm in the booster exposing a tear in the material (pic related). The resulting vacuum leak causes a lean condition and the engine runs poorly.

>>Car will now periodically overheat for 2-5 seconds before I hear a bubbling sound and it cools off
Air pocket in the cooling system. Some cars can be a real bitch to get the air out of a cooling system.

not op, that sounds right.

'07 Explorer, 4.0L Cologne SOHC V6
They replaced the thermostat when they did my cooling system, and they bled the lines as well, so I would think that it's not any of those.
I'll take a close look at the color of my oil to see if coolant is mixing in and get a friend to crank it while I've got the radiator cap off so that I can see if I've got gas escaping into my cooling.
If those look good, I'll go get a cheap compression tester and check the cylinders to be sure.
Thanks for the tips. It's gonna suck if you're right, I've put about $2000 into it and I've barely had it for a year and a half. But I did get it pretty cheap (4K) so it's not the end of the world.

Yeah sounds like it.

The old exploder are notorious for this shit

I've got a fucky experimental sequential semi-auto transmission
It's basically a clutchless manual that you press up and down, and resets to 1 when you stop.

First issue, more of a design thing rather than eccentricity
>It's not an auto or a manual, it rolls back, but doesn't have a clutch you can use to gently start up again or catch really quickly from a hill, it's just got a brake and an accelerator, and during hills and reversing the amount you have to floor it changes, and the second you get to flat ground the car tries to launch itself into things

Some weird issues with it
>If slowly inching forward, sometimes the car suddenly 'catches' and it drives itself forward and doesn't like to stop. Really concerning shit, considering the car loves to roll back 99% of the time

>2nd and 3rd gear are weird. 3rd gear is less than 500 revs lower than 2nd.

>If you change to highest gear and shift again while cruising at a leisurely pace, you get this weird speed boost without touching your accelerator

But why would this affect engine idle rpm??
Not a stang but still an 80s shitbox ferd with some old mazda engine

what do you drive m8?

A Vacuum leak means your engine is getting more air than is being recorded by the MAF.

Is it a fiesta?

MR2? SAAB?

Holy shit you're dumb.

Its a 1984 ford laser it doesnt have a fucking MAF

Because I dont know whats wrong with my car? Get out of my thread benchracer

MR2 Spyder

watch out that gearbox is likely to nuke itself at one point.

Feels like it, the 2nd and 3rd thing issue is kinda new. 3rd used to feel a little stronger and dunk the revs down more, now it's barely distinguishable from 2nd gear.