Twongi thread?

So tomorrow I am going to buy pic related, although most people hava managed to guilt trip me into believing I rushed it and should have spent my money on something else.

I've already made the arrangements for everything though so the car is technically just waiting to be handed, therefore beyond point of no return.

Make me feel better about the decision.
>€950
>electric windows
>'99
>winter + summer tires
>sunroof

Will post some pictures of it tomorrow post aquisition if anyone is courious.

Welcome to the Club

If I had a Twingo, I would buy fake US plates, put them on the car, and troll Veeky Forums with the pictures

>Will post some pictures of it tomorrow post aquisition if anyone is courious.
I hope OP delivers for once

Why the fuck is Veeky Forums obsessed with this retarded shitbox

If you don't know by now you're a fucking newfaggot and have to get out as soon as possible

If it's a clean running car for 950 euros then what the fuck could the issue be? Are they expensive to maintain or something?

Sounds like a practical choice desu

Because Veeky Forums is full of weeabos. The car looks cute and is contrarian so they flock to it.

>Are they expensive to maintain or something?
a good fender is like 5euros from the scrapper, lol.
everything about them is cheap because there were fucktons of them and still are quite a lot around.

Why are we supposed to like these?

They just look gay (NOT MY OPINION)

Why don't you have your own mind?

I'll try if the thread doesn't die, which is improbable. If not I'll just start another.

Guy said the car is smooth and has the technical inspection avaible aswell, says he bought it for his wife but she never actually drove it. I'm looking to make it my daydrive.

It's mostly people just yell "why a renault idiot, why not golf 4?" and basically the stop liking what I don't like shit.

>winter+summer tires
That's a good deal you got, at least half of the price are just the tyres.

that's a Smart though

Did you even go to see the car?

golf 4 are ok but they're over priced because muh VW
[spoiler]you should smoke all the 1.4 with your twingo also [/spoiler]

because board culture

I'd like to butcher a Dacia and put the 4x4 drivetrain into a Twingo

I'd like you to kill yourself.

Yes, me and a relative so I could have more opinions. I actually saw another one too just brought from Germany which was cheaper and had an AC unit, but the relative said it looks in a significally poorer condition so I settled for this.

Car is actually in pretty pristine condition actually, though I didn't take any pictures of it then.

you have to be 18 to post here, buddy

lack of AC is ok since you have the big sunroof.
don't get into traffic jams though.

People over 18 aren't autistically obsessed with french shitboxes.

Come back after you grew some pubes lel

>aren't autistically obsessed
how new can you be on Veeky Forums

Show me yours and I'll show you mine

That's gay, get out

Phew, I thought you just went in blind.

newfags get out reeeee

nopubes detected

EVERYTHING about them is ridiculously cheap.

hope you got a later model and not 1997, where u from?

It drives like a shoebox and you will die if you get in an accident, no matter the speed.

It drives like a go kart which isn't a bad thing and yes, it's unsafe, not more than classic car that are 10 years older but this was primarily meant as a city car.
What you lose on safety at high speeds you trade it for parking opportunities, which is a big plus if you're in a big city.

I'm 26 and I bought two twongi plushes.

>you will die if you get in an accident, no matter the speed.

>old fart got into opposite lane with his E34 wagon
>100km/h head-on collision with twingo
>both survived

the twingo1 facelift ones after 2000 are not as fragile as you think

One big a donkey, mistake America?

that's breety good, man will buy one in the future but a later model 4 sure

nice

*OMM*

>me and my bitch

I have many questions about this picture but they will never be answered

never forget the bitch get

and the asstime get

Called the guy this morning and told I'm coming to get the car. He said price is final and replied that we'll just go ahead like we agreed.

Not even halfway through the road I get a message and that said "My wife said she doesn't want to sell anymore. Do not come". I just lost it, called again and just repeated the message.

I'm both mad and angry. Is this a joke? I've talked to him at least 2 times last week and prepared to just get the car today. How is it even conceivable to just cancel at the last step?

hahah stupid weeb couldn't buy shitty car. kek

>My wife said she doesn't want to sell anymore. Do not come
So much for women being able to make decisions.
Her hubby probably also phoned you from out of his shed.

Do not worry, there are still plenty Twingos around to choose from.

D E N I E D

E

N

I

E

D

that's bad.
I'd feel so blueballed right now

i know women are demanding bitches but are they such psychos or men like him are just super beta?

what the fuck man

It's a mix of both

shit user, I feel your pain

>What Would Jesus Do?
>Probably pay attention to the road and not drive like an asshole

I kek'd

It's like you're close to come, but then your dick gets chopped off. I wouldn't be that mad if I hadn't wasted my whole week on it.

I talked with a guy I know who departs for Germany to bring me one if he finds a good offer. Thing is I'll have to wait until June, but hopefully it will be worth the wait

How the fuck does a twingo flip a bricknose

yeah 4 an American I could see that, bigger is better, most of burgers probably wouldn't fit in a twingo, also color is important any low tier car in pink or yellow will look gey

that's actually a great idea.
they're plentiful around here and you have the chance to find a really mint one for a good price.
don't settle for a "meh" one now.
they're cheap to run, maintain and everything but they can still break down if the former owner was a cheap fuck. also, they're really cheaply built too so yeah, things break but if in good shape there's not a lot to worry about.

>size matters

Determination

well, if you take a close look, a twingo has the twingo has a wedge shape and the brick is relatively high, perfect for a twingo to wedge under and lever it.
add incredibly HIHG speed and you get a flipped brick.

Nigger my PC is worth more
Of course you should feel better
Where I live, fucking miatas are 3k
I'd take that shit any day, twice

>Tfw gf doesn't want to sell Twingo
Never get one, bitches are possessive
I would be 100% for Twingo though

Don't cry, there's plenty of twingo for sale. You'll find one

Look at it on the bright side, now you can fix your mistake of not buying the 16v 75hp model.

>16v 75hp model
This.
Try to get this one.
If you're one lucky fucker you could get the Initiale with the leather interior but be aware that some of them have autotragic (which was actually shit). Only get the Manuel.

Somewhat related, but I found a UPS truck that kinda looks like a Twungo.

Why is this car getting posted on everyboard?

What new meme is this shit?

Step 1: Twingo is super cheap, practical car in Europe but not available at all in the US
Step 2: Euros make it into a thing, Americans dumbly want what we can't have
Step 3: Winter ball, /pol/ basically learns this one and only Veeky Forums meme
Step 4: Twingo memes spread all over the internet
Extenuating circumstance: Twingo has a cute "face" and works well in meme pics

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,I wanted to see you get your car user

So sorry mate, same shit happened to me, with the same car. It belonged to an old woman.

But hopely i found one that seems better, 1800 euros, a 2004 model, younger than the precedent.

I'm so excited cause it's gonna be my first car, i'm gonna keep it for a year (for practice) than i'll sell it and buy a Jimny.

Good luck!

Oops! Last comment was for this post.

>What new meme is this shit?
Not as new as you

Twingo-post

Have you been living under a rock the past two years? There's been plushies made of them already and sold and remade and resold. Run #3 is in the works.

Just buy a 2002/03 Punto. I also did first see twingo - buying a first car, ended up with an incredible punto...a much much better driving experience

He wasn't here before two days ago

>incredible punto

they're both ok shitboxes, no need for hyperboles

>why a renault idiot, why not golf 4

having owned both, i can tell you this:

the twingo is 100 times more reliable. and way, way easier to and cheaper to repair.

Golf 4s are pieces of shit. don't get me wrong, i still miss mine but i miss pretty much all the cars i ever owned. but objectively, it was slow, the interior trim was made of utter garbage that melted in the sun and broke, the window regulators need changing as often as the oil, the car is an understeering fat pig and the gearbox on mine literally exploded after 4 months. and it was fucking expensive to buy a new, working one as they apparently all do that so good ones are in high demand.

*well preserved :)

if you really want to buy a golf, get an MK2. i've owned 2 and mine never let me down. way better driving experience than an MK4 too. less comfortable on long trips ofc but the handling, reliability and ease of maintenance make up for it. + the cool factor too. mk4s are favoured by... let's call them undesirables. while MK2s are always driven by cool people.

picrel, the day i had to let my beloved jetta go to the junkyard. i cry every time

Because Veeky Forums loves shitboxes and the twongi is the king of the shitboxes

I love those fan wheels on your Jetta.

yeah they're speedline turbines from a MK1 clio 16V. i still have them, they used to be on my Manta but now they're just sitting around with all my other wheel sets. i wanted to put them on the twingo but 15 inch is too big on stock suspension, even my 14's rub already during cornering on a sticky track.

OrangeTwingo on Nürburgring again when?

i'm going there for the weekend of the 14th of july, but i don't want to drive the twingo on the Nür again as i've been there done that. i'm actively looking for a new car, but if i don't buy anything before then i'll probably drive there with the twingo but i'll rent a car from apex or something to drive on track.

go on leboncoin.fr
choose your region
category : car
price between 0 and 1500€
most interesting is your futur burgerking car.

i have like 3k i want to blow on my next toy

i want a 2cv6 ATM but i've had no luck finding one in my budget (no way in hell i'm paying more than 3k for a fucking tin snail)

also looking at dyanes and RHD miatas. but i might buy literally anything, i'm impulsive and i like almost every car ever made. old, new, big, small, doesnt matter.

It is on my list of options actually. I mean I've been thrown with an "anything but Renault" list and made a bit of back-ups which include Punto, Peugeot 206 or Corsa C (which I currently ""drive"", but is not mine) and maybe a few VWs if I find good offer. However I still try to aim for the main goal. Should this fail, I enter back-up mode.

I've driven a Golf 4 for quite a while before (also not mine). The car was decent as in A to B and it's reputable around. However they are awfully boring and dull. They just lost their appeal to me, especially considering 1 in 3 cars around is a Golf or VW of somesort because "muh cheap maintenance".

>even my 14's rub already
How did he do it?

also quite big

as you can see, even 20inch wheels fit on a twingo

>normies get out reeeeeeeeeeee