Any VW bros here?

Any VW bros here?

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/research/volkswagen-jetta-1997/specs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

Yeah but I fucking hate other VW drivers.

Yeah just got an Octavia

no, I don't want to feel my benis shrink

Yeah, proud owner of a rattling Golf 4 shitbox here

>tfw 200,000 km and still no CEL on

yes

All dead because of emissions and stuff.

Does Seat count?

bulbs prob burnt out bud, those things broke on them old vee dubs ya know

>bulb burn out

lmao
The peacefulness of denial.

No way José, my OBD scan dick says otherwise

Op, you should have just said, "Calling all cucks."

Good thing you showed up

Pix or it didn't happen.

No, not a VW bro i used to drive BMW & MB now.
But I sat in a couple of audi's and damn did they feel perfectly well made, interior wise that shit was rock fucking solid, fit and finish was perfect.

I sat in a '17 model A3 just yesterday and I was mighty impressed by the build quality.

Howdy.

I have never owned any VW or Audi vehicle but I have driven quite a few and worked on a couple.
VWs seem to go either way quality wise, but most Audis have been top-notch that I've driven.

I've just been offered a full-time technician position at a VW/Audi dealership. It's good pay and they pay for all technician schooling for ASE, but the couple I've worked on have been pretty difficult. Riddled with torx, hex, and even triple square bits, not to mention overly complex hubs and suspension components.
Any advice br/o/s?

:^)

A dealership probably has all the special tools in their arsenal, which should make pretty much every job infinitely easier. VAG has a special tool for everything.

Yes, my handbrake hits the armrest.
Thanks vw

I've noticed that too. Like you can make most stuff work with normal tools but using the special ones has to be way quicker.

They also offer multiple shop tool programs
>more debt here I come!

But it's also guaranteed hourly for 4 months before I get into flat rate labor stuff. I'm conflicted. Gotta get gud quick.

Cabrio has handled so much abuse but it still champs. No speedometer no e-brake it's always showing that it's overheating but it's not tranny sucks holes in the manifold and it sounds like a racer man. Shit bogs and screams tranny slipping gives me the redline rpm shift sounds. Makes me feel manlier about the car

Air-cooled Volkswagen nut here, but that's a completely different beast. Might as well be a different company than the modern VAG.

Yes

>Jordan

I used to own an 02 Passat 1.8T, was actually a really good car, would still have it now if some bitch didn't tbone me

I'm going to get a car for graduation I've narrowed it down to either golf r or wrx; unbiasedly is it even a comparison or just obviously go with the wrx?

depends can you afford the insurance that comes with both? If it was my choice I'd go with the Golf R just for the fact that it has more HP and is less boy racer

Did they neuter the Golf R in Dumbfuckistan? Over here it's detuned to 213kW because the weather is "too hot" or some shit. The Euro models make 228kW. Either way it's quicker than the WRX and the interior is nicer, but I can't speak for its aftermarket options if you want to make it quicker.

You're looking at the WRX STi and Focus RS as competitors to the Golf R.

Jetta owner here. My inspection wrench and warning just showed up today and it's the week before finals so I'm swamped. Fuck me up

My family has a '13 VW Fox and a '95 Golf MK3.

>2003 Audi B6 3.0 with 160,000
>driving at around 70 mph on freeway heading to work
>hear thump
>lose all power steering

Fucking accessory belt slipped off. It didn't snap off . $170 for the tow and I assume the repair will cost just as much. Still pending is the timing belt job thats gonna cost $1500 on top of whatever other issues my car has. Love driving this car but fuck I don't know what to do. High mileage audis are nothing but trouble I'm starting to realize.

Unfortunately, yes. Rebuilding my dsg currently. Expect to do it again in another 100,000 miles.

I will build a stupid 500hp+ Passat sleeper one day.

Whats the Jetta like? Was thinking about getting one

Golf is much more better made inside and has a newer platform go for the golf if you can. Also stay away from DSG.

Also considering a Jetta. My cousin has a 2015 Jetta and loves it.

I miss my '97 jetta gl. Wish it was been FR, but the clutch and turning radius had me hooked.
>R.I.P. - Black Bomber

I have two MK4 Golfs. Both with the 1.6L AEH engine. Slowly transferring parts from one to the other :)

yes

cars.com/research/volkswagen-jetta-1997/specs/

I've kinda been thinking about replacing my Fit.
Considering a Golf, since it's not much bigger than my Fit, has the same utility (lots o' cargo space), but a lot more power.

Any common problems I should be aware of for current gens? Thinking a used '15; maybe a new 17 if the price isn't too bad.

Hecho en mexico

My local VW dealer has NEW 2015 Golfs in stock.

Jesus Jumpjacking Christ on a Trampoline.

i have a 2016 gli, it's okay

>Replace car with another similar car
For what reason? Unless your Honda is literally on fire there's no point on that sort of upgrade

Polo mk4 here

2007 GLI
1987 16V Scirocco

I might be joining you soon.
Considering a 2017 Golf, haven't owned a VW for over 20 years.
Tell me what I'm in for.

New Golf's are awesome, have a bunch of friends at my local shop that have built them to hell and back and they're all crazy for them. Just do regular maintenance and if you end up with a 2.0T its going to eat oil because it's just how the engine is. I change the oil on my GLI every other month but I also drove 72 mi/day so just a grain of salt.

Ayyyyyy, just put APR stage one on mine.

2001 mk4 gti

Soon time for clutch upgrade if you are 6mt. What are future plans?

I'm DSG. Probably a set of wilwoods, LED headlights and then stage two.

Ed's has solid reps for headlights. What downpipe do you have your eye on? I would recommend awe, neuspeed, or bullx.

I was looking at AWE or possibly the APR pipe. I'm also thinking about the LSD from wavetrac since I got the cucked base model.

I'm going to assume you are planning on tracking since going mechanical lsd. Peloquin would be another option to look into for lsd.
I would upgrade the rear sway and end links first and see if you like how it handles. Won't prolly notice that lsd unless pushing to the limit.

I don't plan on doing anything but daily driving and maybe some occasional fun. I just need better traction in the lower gears off the line.

What tires are you running? To be honest, you will most likely only be able to go 3/4 throttle in the lower gears lest you wanna sit and spin.

Potenzas at the moment. Leaning towards some pilot cups next.