Lonely driver

[Where did it all go wrong edition]

Used to have dreams about project cars, about having a garage with at least one project always in the making, and a small collection of affordable dream cars.

>Used to always drive just for the sake of driving
>Rowing through gears in a car I could just barely afford
>Kept it running with my own sweat and hands
>Thinking as long as I could do this, everything would be alright

Now I'm in a position where I should be living my dream.
But the reality is a very different one.

I barely spend time driving for pleasure as it is, only driving when going to or from work.
Current car is a semi-luxobarge with automatic, fwd and lots of electronic creature comfort.

I was supposed to have a restored e30 or another rwd, manual, stripped interior, weekend car right about now. Maybe even have a girlfriend.

So how did everything go so wrong?

Anyone else feel like they aren't where they should be in their life?

Here, OP.
I will enjoy your dream for you.
Does that help?

As a wise man once said: "Don't let your dreams be dreams. Make, your dreams, come true. Just do it." -Joseph Buddha

Rigtht there with you OP.

Then I moved to a state to try and lower my living costs, problem is there are no good driving roads here. I don't even feel like I am living anymore.

I get why people pay others to build cars for them, but fuck I don't have that kind of money.

Im pretty much buddah.
Youre never gonna live again. And your probably not gonna live a long time either. So do what you want to do while you can even if that thing you want to do is have a volatile, unstable new piece of euro crap that releases it bowles around 70,000 and you walk around calling everyone a child and telling them they are butthurt peasants.
You only get one shot to be cool or a complete festering pile of inscure dishonorable douchy human waste.... at least do something or just kys.

>didn't understand the message of initialD beyond the cool races

Do you, focus on you. Racer's don't need girlfriends. If she's cute call her after doing what you love. But always but what you love over women.

>posting a pic from rate my poo

That mindset is why the Japs have a severe decline in birth-rates right now.

honestly as an american i wish we would get a severe decline in birthrates. all i see is assholes shitting out more little assholes.

Similar situation here.
I just can't afford anything and even a proper garage costs more than most people earn.
My last hope is that I can convince a car mechanic friend to share a garage for project works - but he'll probably refuse because he can work on his shit at his workplace.

I'm so lonely and poor, don't even have friends to drive around with, all I do is race against time (the car mechanic guy lives far away)
No proper job and no skills, I can't even use a job as excuse that I find no time for my dream.

My beloved first car died of engine failure and I had to spend all my savings on a new econobox to get to work (I have some paid part-time job that barely covers my monthly expenses)

All I want is drive as fast as I can all the time because it makes me forget my troubles. Maybe I'll crash and die then it's all over.

Agreed

But I still feel lonely

How old are you?

hello neighbor!

nah. all the people who live in my neighborhood are fucking eurofaggots

shit, I must have clicked /r9k/ on accident

sorry, it's stupid to burden people with my problems

>bought two shitboxes because of a cartoon
>not even the right body

I believe in you user. I hope you'll be happy one day.

Veeky Forums is /r9k/ with bikes, trucks and cars

>thinks hatchback is the right body because of a cartoon.

Hatch has more body flex than coupes do. & the hatch lid rattles around alot and its pretty annoying. Thats something you didnt learn off initial d is it?
Anyways i have a hatch too, i bought off my friend for parts.

i was just being a dick. you got a pretty cool collection tbqh senpai

Domo

I was supposed to have a fast C4 for a weekend/project car and a garage to keep it in by now.
But i'm still living at home.
It's not my fault, i'm needed here, but i still feel like a failure.
At least my car's kinda fun to drive.

Is having a fun to drive car really worth it? Go anywhere and there's always traffic. Find some nice twisties and there's always a slowpoke clogging them up. What's the point in having a car that makes compromises in everything so that it can be great at something it never does? Is being a driving enthusiast just a way to make yourself miserable?

You drive it in the twisties at night and you take the car to the track.
Passing the slowpokes is always an option too.

You grew up and became a normie bruh, it will happen to all of us eventually. I can gradually feel it happening to myself right now, I don't foresee having the time/extra shekels in the future to build a project so I'm starting to care less and less about shitboxes in general.
>tfw I'll probably end up buying a corvette when I retire satisfy the desires I had as a young man
>mfw I will literally become a millennial version of the boomer spergelords I despise now
FeelsBad

Naw. Thats cause your a silkyhanded cuck.

US citizen birthrates were well below maintenance figures for some time until the feds decided to use illegal immigration to both shore up Social Security and get a growing population for economic growth. Without that we'd probably still be under 200 million and declining.

Sucks not having any of my friends interested in cars. All they do is play video games. I need to get my shit together and do what I want.

get them into car videogames, then into real cars

Man I feel you I'm at a dead end job because I don't know what I want to be in life so now I'm just saying fuck it and going to a community college to learn how to wrench more even though I know It'll slowly make me hate cars

>declining birthrates
Fucking A man... this is what was supposed to happen after the baby boom.

Just pause for a second and imagine how magical this country would be with none of the immigrants and a population of 100 million.

You gotta ditch those greasy autist losers. Steal as much money from them as you can get away with until they dont want to know you anymore. Use stolen funds for rwd toyota goodness.
Thats what alphas do.

Oh god that sound sooo beautiful.
Just imagine an america free of crime and litter. Cause mexicants throw their litter everywhere, fucking degenerates.

Think of how much clearer the streets would be!

Just turned 30

While I agree, declining populations tend not to make for economic growth and that's a big problem for a Great Power. Shitholes like India who would be better off with less than half the population excepted

Night twisties are dangerous, though. There are deer out there! And they're starting to have more speed bumps and cameras. The track is expensive unless you're lucky enough to live in an area with lots of tracks or have access to the hamburgerring. When you pass a slowpoke, there's always another slowpoke ahead of it.

I'm having a crisis of faith, you see. I'm thinking of getting rid of my M3 for a comfy Volvo XC90 cuckbox. Because I want the storage space for transporting stuff and people, and at least enough ground clearance to get me to the good camping spots. In a more perfect world, I could have both, but I'm not even sure when I'd take the M3 out.

I'm planning on ditching them soon. It will be hard since my wife works with one of them.

Yeah me too...

>Shitbox broke down in january (head gasket)
>Got dumped by the love of my life
>Got cucked by some chick who wanted some cock for the past 6 months
>No car, wanted at least a miata (actually I'm seeing one later this week)
>My only diploma is my high school graduation
>At 21 I'm still lurking around college and I'll graduate at 25 if everything goes well
>Got back to my parent's place since I broke up, feels like I'm going backwards in life
>Bad health even if I'm fit and sporty. I don't smoke/drink/take drug and I've got an healthy diet

I just want to give up on everything but it's hard to keep it down under especially when friends try to find what's wrong with me

Girls are what's wrong with me tho

But I hope things will get better when I'll get my new car, feels bad to drive my parent's cars

Can't relate OP. Just got a new six figure plus job in a low cost of living area (midwest) so now I'm going to buy a dream car.

Also girls are over-rated and will only keep you back.

You're not a real friend if you abandon them for the sole reason of hobbies

>I was supposed to have a restored e30 or another rwd, manual, stripped interior, weekend car right about now. Maybe even have a girlfriend.
You grew up and realized the only people who want clapped out drift-slut shitboxes are attention whores so insecure in their life they have to constantly look to others for assurance.

Enjoy your barge. Drive it hard. Drive it fast. Put silly stickers on the back. Make a Eurobeat mix tape. Make a dadrock mix tape. Rage your dream. Make a sandwich.

>buy favourite shitbox
>happens to be one of the most reliable cars on the road
>got it for cheap from private seller
>want to do sick mods
>lots of parts are out of stock/discontinued but still for sale on stupid fucking websites
>ebay is my last hope
>receive wrong shit after ordering expensive parts and waiting 2 weeks
>only private workplace I can use is +200km away near my dad's place where I stay once a month at most
>master mechanic/uncle examines car
>2 busted shocks, exhaust leak, radiator leak and a fuckton of rust
>shitbox was obviously repaired on the cheap
>fucking 3rd world tier cheap (self-fabricated brackets and what not)
>fuck around so much with this we only had time to fit the two rear lowering spring I bought
>have to drive home tomorrow with 2 invisible fat chicks in the back seat
>can't really love my car anymore
>want to love it but also want to dump it and get a better one that was treated well

Don't do this shit unless you have serious amounts of money, time and knowledge.

Where are you?

If anyones near brisbane lets hang and nightwave together

That actually cheered me up.
Thank you user

It's not too late

I have money. Time is the problem.
How does people with work get anything done in their lives

>have a great running car
>decide to do sick mods
>every two month something is fucked because of mods or hard driving

Step 1: find a better job, its not that hard

Step 2: use said job to save money

Step 3: stop sucking so much cock

Step 4: dreams become reality

Well I got my Comanche so idk m8.
Still miserable though but it feels great when I get a new part to put on it.

>tfw you need a daily that doesn't visibly empty the tank when you touch the pedal
I wish I lived closer to my new work place

There is literally nothing wrong with a decline birthrate if it was across the board.

get a bike

There is if you have a growing elderly population on benefits(and more to come) from taxes and a shrinking taxable work force

Your country will destroy itself like this.

This, everything's more fun on a bike.

Auto stuff is all gravy.

I just wish I was normal outside of that.

you're not supposed to be a friend if you hate their guts either

>all this projection

How can one be so sour grapes over cheap and aesthetic shitboxes?

>1st gen Taco

Nice choice m8

>implying the car in your pic is anything like what that post describes

>owned a s30 and mr2 turbo during highschool/college
>promised myself when I sold those cars that I'm going to own them again and make them even better with funds after graduating
>get a full time job
>not enough time for or energy for a project car

at least my dd is kinda cool?

I used to be fun.

I used to have Miatas.

I used to not want adventure, but it always called. Those roadsters charioted me thousands and thousands of miles across all sorts of hell, all kinds of crazy weather, through danger and shenanigans.

I sold my Miatas.

I bought a practical car in anticipation of the adventures I seemed bound for. A Subaru wagon.

Adventure no longer calls. I am no longer any fun. I want to sell my Subaru and get another Miata to let the fun times back into my life.

:(

time to start vaping

This desu.
>cheaper used and new market
>more bang for your buck
>fuel is cheap as fuck since you get way more mpg
>can literally work on your bike in your bedroom if you want
>buy a reliable shitbox to use in horrible conditions, if the family comes around or when you need to do a lot of shopping
Bikes are honestly the best way to go unless you have a proper career or are a spoiled brat living in Cali.

>17 years old
>only had one car, a 91 legacy with a 5 speed
>had heaps of fun smashing through gears pizza delivering, going to school and being social

>21 years old now
>5 cars, 4 of them dont run
>landbarge is my dd which i need to fix asap
>nightshift working security alone for a boring ass shipping yard
>never talk to another person, sleep during the day

i feel you OP

How I envy you...

>21
>Autistic enough to let Initial D to turn me on to cars
>Still know very little about them but have enough knowledgeable friends to steer me in the right direction on most things
>Stuck driving my 2004 Sorento for the foreseeable future because I'm too scared to blow a large amount of money on a fun car because I might need it for the crippling amount of student debt I'll probably acquire going to grad school

>Anyone else feel like they aren't where they should be in their life?
I know I'm not. I know what I have to do to fix it. Despite my driving habits, taking risks freaks me the fuck out and changing my status quo is a risk. If I quit my shitty job I wouldn't be guaranteed a new one. If I sold my shitbox collection and used the proceeds for a downpayment on a car that would actually function properly, I wouldn't have a backup when that one eventually develops problems.
But worst of all, I don't want to choose a new direction because then I'll be stuck there. Whatever I do that's different from what I'm doing now, I know I won't have the financial stability to change my mind if I don't like it. I could make my life better, sure. Or it could get a LOT worse. If I don't change anything, at least shit is predictable. I'm paralyzed by choice.

>Is being a driving enthusiast just a way to make yourself miserable?

Yes, which is why I'm a motorcycle enthusiast instead and use my pickup trucks to haul shit or for rainy days.

Fucking Honda monkey bike

Tis complacency m'dude. Happens to literally everyone.

Fuck it I'm gonna buy a 240z by the end of this year

>tfw 23
>never had a girlfriend
>KHV in fact
>only got my license recently
>still no car
>college drop out
>want to go back but I don't know what I'd do
>working almost full time in retail and riding the bus there
>no one in my life is remotely interested in cars

A-at least I have money to go buy something fun...

Wew, just get rid of most of taxation and benefits.
Back in the day guess who had the most babies? Plebes and poor, because they had to have kids so they can take care of them when they are old and shit under themselves. So getting rid of benefits given out by gov you boost birthrates a little and the young don't have to pay for that shit in forms of tax raising