Golden Worlds Briefing
youtube.com/watch?v=kT6P3wIvp3Y

Touring the Tempest
youtube.com/watch?v=AKVzG6L5px8

MEG's updated Pastebin:pastebin.com/ehq8JjR2

MegSev adventures: MegSev dot blogspot dot com

All previous Collages that we know of:imgur.com/a/FSJBQ

Thread theme:youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0

Bioware propaganda:blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

Letterbox List of Science Fiction to watch while you wait for ME:A
letterboxd.com/meganon/list/meg-watch-while-we-wait/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ddqHDVTzmxo
gamesradar.com/mass-effect-andromedas-animations-are-getting-compared-to-pingu-robots-and-gorillas/
youtube.com/watch?v=tEc0sWXpSAY
webmshare.com/Dm0Nz
youtube.com/watch?v=D3hHGjs36tk
youtube.com/watch?v=5b6qH48bslA
twitter.com/UndeadIrrlicht/status/842124856699281410?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtu.be/ddqHDVTzmxo

>People talk shit about ME:A
>It's been the same shit since the BEGINNING

VETRA IS CUTE

gamesradar.com/mass-effect-andromedas-animations-are-getting-compared-to-pingu-robots-and-gorillas/

threadly reminder that if you are from /dag/ you need to fuck off right now and never return

>Game from 10 years ago
>only visible improvement is high res textures and new engine lighting
>only gameplay improvement is making it on par with a bad TPS

Wew, Bioware. How do you manage it?

Liara best waifu

>4h26misn left
>just dropped on EOS
FUCKING HYPE! i cant wait for the realease damnit, it is so fun on insanity

Can you romance people if you didnt choose the romance option at first time? kinda dumb to flirt with all males.

ima date jaal though gay

>Y-you brought condoms this time, right Scott?

>Enjoying that biocock, biocuck?
If i didnt enjoy it, i wouldnt be paying and enjoying the game.

Unlike you i am able to enjoy games and support them instead of screeching like an autist

It's worse actually. And even if it was the same, that would be inexcusable after ten fucking years.

youtube.com/watch?v=tEc0sWXpSAY

>traveling to Andromeda when all the good waifus are in the Milky Way
ISHYGDDT

>equal amount of options for straight and gay

genuine question: why? i have nothing wrong with homosexuals/bisexuals but they are a minority.

I know you're probably baiting but I appreciate you, user.

I tire of every alien having either fucking goat legs, three-digit hands or both. Come the fuck on, BioWare.

>Having to praise your own games because no one else does it for you
I feel for you, Mac. I really do.

>MEA combat
>Bad

Don't play the game like a whack-a-mole cover shooter and it won't be boring stupid. You should be actively using your jet pack to flank/advance or hover while also using powers to prime or detonate combos

He's in the middle.

What do I win?

No idea who the yiff mac is, im new hhere

Silly you

They may be shit animations but at least they're new animations

Why is he that tall and why is he standing like that?

why did you post this again you posted it last thread

>caring about wiafus
I don't have time for waifus I have a galaxy to save.

Trying to appear smaller to not make manlet humans jealous.

In Canada half the population are faggots.

true facts

Grunt literally looks better than everything from ME:A so far save the lower resolution textures on the armor.

fuck is wrong with him?

Why not?
>they are a minority
Who cares?

Because Salarians are usually tall.
And as for the posture, because Bioware sucks.

Compare him with every other Salarian that stood in ME1. It looks off.

>facial performance bug

They'll fix it, lads. It's just a beta.

Why is it taller than Krogans though?

Salarians are tall now m8. Look at the salarians in multiplayer lined up with everyone else.

cant you niggers for once not reply to the low quality bait, jesus christ

why didn't okeer give him sleeves?

Yeah. She's my favorite character so far after playing the trial.

I keep looking at this game and I'm just sitting here wondering where they got some of these voice actors
Like, I get that voice acting isn't as big a thing in English speaking countries, but games like Soul Sacrifice have great dubs using just English VAs, and they don't even have the money to hire any of the big name voice actors for their localization.

I mean just compare them:
webmshare.com/Dm0Nz
youtube.com/watch?v=D3hHGjs36tk

Before anyone gets on my case about the SSD one being a trailer, all of the voice acting through the actual game is of at least that quality.

Like, I'm just confused. Genuinely confused. How did a massive title like Mass Effect get worse voice acting and dialogue than a niche Japanese PS Vita exclusive monster-hunter title? Sheer weight of dialogue, or something?
They must have heard that take and gone 'ugh, that's awful', right? So why keep it in?

We’re looking at a game that could be dozens of hours long, and a selection of gifs measured in seconds from pre-release copies equates to be broken and unplayable? Am I the only one that can shrug off the occasional graphic goof when playing a game like this, when there I see so much more impressive and amazing stuff throughout?

I occasionally clipped into mountains while climbing in Breath Of The Wild. Didn’t make me throw down my controller and declare it a horrible game or say things like "they really rushed this".

Everyone needs to calm down. The fan entitlement is getting out of control.

UE3 has much better lighting, they should just have upgraded to UE4 and kept their assets.

Man fuck off. Voice acting is one of the few things they actually do well.

Because Krogan Females are shorter (not in ME3, but they were just males in space burkhas back then)
They're still as tall as the males.

Old Chloe Grace Moretz having a stroke.

It stops being an issue in most regular conversations, and when you're actually running around, but it seriously kills the mood during what would otherwise be serious scenes. I want to give it the benefit of the doubt but some things are actually laughable.

Are you shitting me? It's terrible. Outside of the squadmates, who are pretty okay, everyone's voiced so incompetently it hurts.

>Everyone needs to calm down. The fan entitlement is getting out of control.
Almost thought you were serious until this part. Good one, mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=5b6qH48bslA

twitter.com/UndeadIrrlicht/status/842124856699281410?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Truly great voice acting

If it's getting positive reviews it's paid shills

I don't understand the criticisms against Liam and his voice.
He actually seems like an alright guy, a bit of a lad.
He actually sounds like an average black guy from London too.

>lol look at these cherry picked lines in a game with a massive amount of voiced dialogue WHAT FUCKING GARBAGE

Nice copypasta.
The sad thing is that it's getting really hard to spot the satire from the serious posts with all these biodrones.

>Watcha looking at, fuccboi, I bet my dick is bigger than yours.

You're paying much less attention to that stuff when playing a game than when watching unless you are actively looking for problems

The lip synching and animations are bad but it's been like this for years and there is no chance in sight but the constant angry frog noises over it are incredibly fucking obnoxious and get in the way of talking about anything else

Holy fuck, are you guys sure this comes out this year?

good one

Yes but he's black and you're on Veeky Forums. You make the connection.

Because it triggers brainless low iq collectivist zombies

Cherry picked by Bioware themselves. This is what they're using to promote the game.

I want Sara to sit on my face. There. I said it.

Don't forget that during that cutscene, two (2) separate characters have their eyes looking in different directions.
If you're struggling to figure out which ones, I'll give you a hint: It's the two humans.

Liam's genuinely fine. He just seemed like a friendly, affable guy to me. The squadmate voices seem fine, although their direction is sometimes a bit off (the bit where Vetra is talking to the guy on the dock and promising to get his kid bumped to the front of the unfreeze list felt a bit stilted and odd, but it was mostly because of the huge pauses between every line of dialogue, I think).

It's everyone else you talk to who sounds like absolute garbage.

Don't try to deflect with that shit. The VAs were fine in the demo. Picking what they picked for the demo was obviously a poor decision if it really does pick up like they're saying but there's plenty of good voice work in that shitty demo.

Stop the baiting. There are more baitposts than people who bite at the moment.

UE3 doesn't have better lighting than frostbite. what they had was a more skilled cinematic team. Everything I've seen from ME:A with regards to cutscenes/conversations is amateur hour.

ME2 had scene specific lighting tailored for conversations and cutscenes. Everything for the most part looked good. The scene when grunt emerges from the container, changes in Fov to make him look bigger.

we may, but I doubt we'll see anything like that in ME:A.
When mac talked about twice the characters and twice the dialogue, I assumed he meant "twice as wide but the same depth", which is a bad "improvement" anyway, but I'm starting to realize that likely on top of that, the writing, and cinematics guys were probably stretched twice as thin with this release, and Bioware already struggles with that stuff.

sara probably doesn't even have a properly textured vajois, or even appropriate animations for such an act. You would be severely disappointed.

What does femtur pussy look like?

It it too difficult for you to see people who don't agree?

cheesegrater gingey

Paradise.

Had a dream I got blacked by Liam, guess Jaal will have to wait until my second playthrough.

I'm not baiting
I'm stating the facts
Now sit your ass down so you can get slapped with the dick of truth.

Bioware has always had writing like this and mediocre VA in a lot of its characters. Why are all these people popping up just now all of a sudden, where were all these people during the original trilogy? Do people really not remember how awful and cringeworthy some of the dialogue was from ME1-3? I mean I know it's been a long time, but come on

>there's plenty of good voice work in that shitty demo
Where?
Post examples

This. The direction in this game is fucking awful. Compare it to a cutscene from MGS5, even that unfinished mess has more well-constructed cutscenes than this game.

Character placement, lighting, camera facing, it's all important, otherwise you get shit like Mass Effect Andromeda, where a character walks away and then you can visibly fucking see her pop out of existence and despawn through the Krogan's legs.

I'm not saying don't despawn the character, that's totally fine - but I shouldn't be able to fucking SEE you doing it.

>The VAs were fine in the demo.
They clearly weren't. Numerous examples have shown that, but somehow everything is cherry picking.
You're like flat-earther who keeps being in denial after a flight around the globe

Is it me or does Suvi have a booger up her nose? Anyone gonna romance boogerface over here?

>Earth isn't flat

Standards have gone up, Bioware quality has gone down. It's really not that difficult.

I'm glad the bioware tradition of horrible makeup is still alive and well.

Holy shit Liam is really growing on me
I didn't really have an opinion on him before, but after seeing this and the giantbomb video where he turned out to just be a perfectly normal friendly human guy I think he might be my favourite new character.

The face he pulls when he accidentally mentions your dead dad is actually a pretty good facial animation, too; you can see the regret in his face when he closes his eyes for a second. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with everyone else, but Liam occasionally looks at least like someone was attempting to portray a human being.

>Streets in India have always been full of shit, why are you suddenly complaining about that now!? Stop complaining about the shit everywhere!

>you'll never be comfortable friends enough with suvi to pick that booger out of her nose
just die in my sleep already

And stiff walking animations that are unisex for some inexplicable reason.

This tumblr humour is the worst.

>The face he pulls when he accidentally mentions your dead dad is actually a pretty good facial animation, too; you can see the regret in his face when he closes his eyes for a second
>This is what biodrones actually believe

>[current year]+1
>still falling for the flat earth meme
wew

Are there any adept armors/weapons worth researching? I got some research points and dont know how to use them or on what. Going full adept.

Also daily reminder therea re people who are hyped and enjoying the game, dont let delusional channers who hate everything confuse you

Looks similar to Salarian boipussy but protected by Turian crotch plates.

A part of me loves that we got new animations and they're still hilariously shit. Really makes it feel like home.

It is, though. He closes his eyes and bites his lip, pauses, then apologizes. He has an emotion and you can tell what the emotion is. If you compare that to every other facial animation in the game it's like fucking shakespeare.

How the fuck you got the idea of me being a biodrone out of that post I have no idea, maybe you should learn to read better.

are the animations worse then in DAI?

Thanks

I'm sure he'll get an oscar for that performance. Really deep and profound.

Facial expression is much worse, body and cutscene animation is generally a lot better, much less stiff.

Yes.
Incredibly, somehow, yes.
There's some okay ones too (the hunched-over side-dash with the jetpack is pretty damn sweet looking) but they're buried under reams of incompetence.

It's a shame all this is blatantly unfinished mocap. I hope they're actually working on improving this shit because there's potential in some of it.

Yes, everything is worse and it's hilarious that's it even possible.

never played DAI, you tell me.

Like it's shit, but it's shit you expect. A really by the numbers experience. Like Andromeda wasn't going to be a brand new game where BioWare could go the distance and do something innovative. Rather it's more of the same--simply another entry in the series. And after 5-6 years of not touching ME3 there's this odd sense of nostalgia.

Weird, right?

you aint never lied

Yes. Even in their promotional material it's utter shite. Quite the accomplishment really.

Animations, character models and engine are worse.

The game feels like it needs a good 3-4 months more work for QA and some redone voiceover work.

And fix the Character creator, the one in Inquisition was much better, this one is a huge step backwards.

>Propped up corpse of Scott Ryder

>The one consistent thing through all the review sites early opinion is that the combat is actually pretty good
>The combat is bad