/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Plunge attacked:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
GameSpot gameplay (mostly same as above but with some extra stuff): youtube.com/watch?v=UpZD7l_LPmU
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtube.com/watch?v=G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtube.com/watch?v=UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP portion, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE portion, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/videos/2017/03/15/dark-souls-3-the-ringed-city-5-minutes-of-four-player-brawl
ign.com/videos/2017/03/16/5-minutes-of-dark-souls-3-pvp-on-grand-roof
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DS1 = Best Singleplayer experience
DS2 = Best Multiplayer experience
DS3 = memes and fanservice

Demon and Blood can go fuck off and get their own general, they don't belong.

>Because it looked like shit

take that back! Effigy shield is my shieldfu

>Demon's doesn't belong

it plays pretty much like 1 but with different healing mechanics, also they reference it a whole bunch in 1 and 2 you turboautist

BB is different enough to warrant it's own general which is why it has one.

Makes me want to puke.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

I'm about to finish my neo nazi white trash build, but I still don't know what body armour I could use that fits the theme. Any help?

>OP has a link to anything involving Vaati
Nice job, dipshit.

I'm sorry man but that doesn look good at all.

This webm gives me a bad feeling.

has to be the worst, most uninspired shit I've seen.

>I-It's a nazi character because he uses a german sword, heheh

You're like a month late to the party.

And D44M references Fallout, maybe we should combine those generals together, too.

It's going to be overused so you will learn how to deal with it fast. People are of course going to shout "nerf" before even trying to learn how to deal with it.

He has the storyteller staff for the poison WA, uses pestilent mercury and white dragon breath.

source?

ign.com/videos/2017/03/15/dark-souls-3-the-ringed-city-5-minutes-of-four-player-brawl

dark souls 2 is a bad game

Karla better get new dialogue in the ringed city.

>was considering doing a Dex-Int build just to fuck around with Friede's
>now also have Aquamarine to add to the arsenal
Shit's going to be baller.

>aquamarine for quick as fuck single target dps
>friede against groups
it's going to be delicious

>haha wow look I'm killing things with gas like the nazis did to the jews in those camps that never existed

Your build is fucking retarded and so are you.

>can't mod it to have lightsaber sounds
What's the point?

thanks, looks great

no. it's decent. At the very least it doesn't have a single area as bad as Demon Ruins in it and isn't completely linear like DaS3

Embargo lifted when?

I doesn't have to be real, I'm just trying to make the build better since someone here wanted me to do it. I don't know much about neo nazis so I'm having a hard time making something good. i'm sorry if you're feeling bad today and need to shit on people, but I'd still appreciate suggestions. With the "die cis scum" girl and nice guy I already knew the stereotypes enough to make nice builds, but with this I'm not knowledgeable enough to do so.

Will the DLC give us more than 10 character limit?

it would be easier for you to dress up as kkk with paleshade set + painting guardian hood

as for weapons use something other than the fucking zwei

Don't act like there was any way to deal with pre-nerf follower sabre / CCS in the hands of a good player.

Immalation tinder would fit that theme

follower torch too I guess?

ign.com/videos/2017/03/16/5-minutes-of-dark-souls-3-pvp-on-grand-roof
could you make some webms out of this gameplay too?

There are some exceptions of course.

>good player

Pretty rare.

I guess

Sure, I can do that no prob, but wouldn't that have the same issue for ? Since it'd be just as uninspired since I've seen that posted here in this pic. It'd still be pretty unoriginal.

You can only post ITT if you beat all three titles without summons.

do this

most of your ideas are unoriginal so it fits your theme

>tfw just completed my no summons challenge run of DaS2

There's already few webms in last thread.

>Demon's/Dark Souls general

Is it just the mandatory bosses? Because I haven't beaten Darklurker, LudZallen, or Ivory King yet.

Don't get me wrong, I know they are. I didn't mean the idea itself, but they way the build is made.

>there are people who summon for bosses

I really hope those people don't post here

>think Splitleaf Greatsword will have a mixed halberd/greatsword moveset since it's called one yet is classified as a halberd
>IGN video shows it just has standard halberd R1s in both hands

What's the fucking point than, it's just going to be a slightly worse Gundyr's at the stats that were shown than.

Frigid Outskirts and Dragon Shrine seem way wore than Demon Ruins.

I only summon for Horace and Anri for deacons because why not.

>no summons
>challenge run
what the fuck

>twirl the halberd around like in an anime when you use the WA
All right, definitely not a Gundyr's clone. I wonder what the trade-off is, slightly less base damage and/or scaling?

both are better than demons ruins from both a gameplay and design standpoint though?

It has slightly less base damage than Gundyr's with both at 0 with same scaling for each and .5 units of weight more so it will be heavier and do slightly less damage overall.

I'd take the 8 Taurus Demons over the Kirins in the Outskirts any day

Some bosses are bullshit that I don't feel bad for summoning against (2cat, gank squad). Other bosses I summon only for questlines (Benhart, Lucatiel).

Some zones are bullshit that I don't feel bad for summoning for (all of the optional gauntlets in the DLCs, Alonne's run). They just serve as meat shields and save me some grief anyways.

I mean, it's not on the same tier as summoning in players to stagger-lock Friede or Maria.

>I'd take the 8 Taurus Demons over the Kirins in the Outskirts any day

if you want a piss easy fight sure, but from a design standpoint the taurus demon and dragon butt spam is worse.

literally looks like a 10 year old sat in the map editor and just spammed the same enemies

What are going to do about that? Stay mad

Since it seems people don't like it here and I can't do a nice build for him I deleted it. I'll think of another character instead. Thanks everyone for the suggestions tho.

Hi, but I just summon NPCs

>4 places to go from majula
>Things are gated just like in DS3
Ds3 does area progression alot better than DS2.
All DS2 produces was tedious backtracking and useless areas.
fite me

because they are nerds that dont use the farron funsword, the objectively only way to fight deacons

No one cares about your autistic rambling

How many people here honest-to-god beat Ornstein and Smough solo blind melee their first time? No solaire, no +15 lightning zwei, no quelaag's fury sword, no great chaos fireball, actually beat it solo blind melee.

I didn't think literally anyone did, but I recently had a friend do it with a silver knight spear and was super proud of it, I am super fucking jealous that I broke before I got that experience but at the same time how many crazy fucks actually exist that do that shit like that

I did it with an Astora Straight Sword because I knew no better, although it was by beating Ornstein first.

I did.

I also have 20 inch dick and an IQ of 220

>deleting your character because some autist got mad
what the fuck user.

>no quelaag's fury sword, no great chaos fireball

wew lad next you're gonna say only people who used only their fists (no dragonform claw allowed) to beat them.

not my fault for going through the game as a pyro

this shit keeps causing firefox to not respond. even if i press "stop", it keeps coming back. what do?
do a homogay

NPC summons are okay, right?

It's alright, I just said it so no one bothers with more suggestions or anything. Hope you feel better soon.

I just do these builds for people here to enjoy, if they don't then the build isn't fun.

>not going full man mode and pulling out Corvian Great Scythe
>or Left Eye with a spin2win paired weapon

You care too much about what random people on the internet say to you
Surely the only reason you do a build is that you enjoy it right?

I wasn't able to, I tried but ended up summoning

>ornstein and smo are hard
I want this meme to stop.

>delete a character you spent 22 hours on
>because some people on a taiwanese basket weaving forum didn't like it

wew you must not value your free time like at all

As in first playthrough or first time?

I did it the first playthrough if that's what you're asking. Halberd. Only took like three or four tries, then on NG+ they were a good deal harder. Took down super Ornstein.

I can think of bosses worse than them.

>haha I knew how to upgrade pyromancies, had souls to spare to do so, knew where Fair Lady was, and knew to dump humanity into her individually one by one with no reward prior to the final moment for chaos pyromancies all in my first playthough which I also coincidentally chose to do pyromancer for

>/dsg/ is one guy
Plenty of people thought your nazi build was fun the other day.
Stop caring about what some lone faggot thinks.

For the person who is running the tournament, can you remove my submission? Name of the character should be something like "non banned build" or something.

That is if it wasn't deleted on sight already.

you get chaos fireball just for joining though, you dont need to feed her any humanity you turbo autist

also what are messages on the ground?

I'll accept the dancer's swords, winged knight hally/axes and the splitleaf greatsword. nothing else

I'll see what I can do.

I have to have fun with it, yeah, but I also want other people to enjoy, otherwise why share it here?
I actually don't, but I'd prefer not turn this into a personal blog non dark souls related.
Sorry, I'll keep it in mind next time.

>getting this defensive
>on a taiwanese imageboard

Best bosses, you ds3 haters really are blind nostalgiafags.

Yes, I'm sure you knew exactly where she was just by reading messages on the ground on your pyromancer playthrough which was also your first and also knew to attack the illusory wall that looked like any other wall and also knew to join her covenant.

I said blind, you little nigger. You can pretend like you did it, it's obvious you didn't.

>kill kellogg
>see an orange soapstone message pointing out the illusory wall
>try to talk to the giant spider lady
>join her covenant
>get a free spell
?!?!?!?!?!?

>haha I knew how to upgrade pyromancies
>finding laury is hard

>had souls to spare to do so
if you dont lose your bloodstain all the time, you have plenty souls

>knew where Fair Lady was
>what is observation, what are messages

>and knew to dump humanity into her individually one by one with no reward prior to the final moment for chaos pyromancies
you get gcfo right away and chaos storm is shit

>all in my first playthough which I also coincidentally chose to do pyromancer for
anyone can use pyros though. have you played the game?

>DS1
>Best bosses
KalaMEAT and Artorias, that's about it.
Every other boss is blown the fuck out by DS3.

Can somebody explain to me, why Siegward isnt in his cell???

I killed pontiff, bought his armor from patches, and then skipped aldrich for later, as I wanted to unlock pyros from Karla. Now i opened his cell, and he wasnt there. Why???

wew you are mad

>what retards think
You're deluded kid.

You need to talk to him while he's sitting in Irithyl drinking soup.

>finding laury is hard
People will have a different level of difficulty with that, I never ever went into the depths on my first playthrough, picked Thief because he had a starting gift and thought I'd get a starting gift free, wandered into blighttown before gargoyles and never fought capra.

>if you dont lose your bloodstain all the time, you have plenty souls
Because a new player losing their bloodstain is shameful.

>what is observation, what are messages
What observation am I supposed to make? How many people even reading a message about an illusory wall will instantly understand what it means?

>anyone can use pyros though. have you played the game?
He said pyromancer playthrough, friend.

Did you give him his armor in the well?

Did you give him his armor in the well outside the cathedral?

Did you talk to him in Irithyll?