Why isn't rallye too popular in North America?

Why isn't rallye too popular in North America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n6MW7ejYs80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can't turn

>Lock up brakes all the way around the turn
Fucking retard

Rally is not US-centric and Baja1000-style off-road racing kinda occuies the same spot.

most of the country's rural areas are just straight roads, not the best for glorious rallying
note: in the few rural mountain areas there are actually some decent rallying scenes but as pointed out before that's not most of the US

>fuel injected
>turbo I5
>AWD
>with 3 torsen differentials
>doubble whishbone suspension

That is way to modern for burgerland...

>first EFI production car: Chrysler
>first turbo production car: GM
>inventor of Torsen diffs: American
Stay assblasted Eurotard

Source for your claims?

i'm pretty sure that is Australia.

the insurers would never allow people to just walk into the woods and sit along the special stages sections of the course.

because when ever we have an awesome dirt road it gets paved.

pic related.

>Chrysler offered Electrojector on the 1958 Chrysler 300D, DeSoto Adventurer, Dodge D-500, and Plymouth Fury, arguably the first series-production cars equipped with an EFI system. It was jointly engineered by Chrysler and Bendix. The early electronic components were not equal to the rigors of underhood service, however, and were too slow to keep up with the demands of "on the fly" engine control. Most of the 35 vehicles originally so equipped were field-retrofitted with 4-barrel carburetors. The Electrojector patents were subsequently sold to Bosch
>The first turbocharged passenger car was the Oldsmobile Jetfire option on the 1962–1963 F85/Cutlass, which used a turbocharger mounted to a 215 cu in (3.52 L) all aluminum V8. Also in 1962, Chevrolet introduced a special run of turbocharged Corvairs, initially called the Monza Spyder (1962–1964) and later renamed the Corsa (1965–1966), which mounted a turbocharger to its air cooled flat six cylinder engine.
>It was invented by American Vernon Gleasman[1] and manufactured by the Gleason Corporation. Torsen is a contraction of Torque-Sensing. TORSEN and TORSEN Traction are registered trademarks of JTEKT Torsen North America Inc (formerly Zexel Corporation, formerly Gleason Power Systems). All Torsen differentials have their origin in the Dual-Drive Differential that was invented and patented by Gleasman in 1958.

>typing shit down
>not providing a source

and now all the fast times are set by electric cars/bikes

fucking Sierra Club and their bitching about dust getting on the trees.

>first EFI production car was american
>first turbo production car was american

Technically yes, but I don't think you could consider their very low availability as "production", and quite honestly both would grenade themselves if you asked them nicely.

>and now all the fast times are set by electric cars/bikes
i figured that was going to happen a long time ago since the air is so thin up here and electric vehicles keep getting better.

Newfoundland targa rally

No roads, cars too fat to turn, and there are no cheap used cars to start on. Even a 20 year old car with chassis rust that doesn't meet basic functionality requirements still goes for thousands of dollars.

Like Italian cars are any better...

How do I into rally racing, yuropoors?

-Ameribro

Drive rural unpaved roads at high speed.
The more corners, the better.

The cost to compete in the Rally in my area is like $800 and you just gotta pass safety I think.

its literally a google search man

What is your point, that two posters are trying to move the goalposts?

We have Baja 1000 style stuff which is pretty much the same

Mate r8 my new thing

You're a fucking faggot, just wanted to let you know that.

And then they banned all fast nipbikes and blamed the starting position, while also banning nip bikes with aftermarket raised bars, and nip bikes with upright seating but 2 piece clip ons

PPIHC: weeaboos get out mama mia

Won't someone please think of the poor doge?

youtube.com/watch?v=n6MW7ejYs80

cause 90% north americans like bacon and digging their pointer fingers into their hemorrhoidal assholes when they think nobodies looking.........then smelling their fingers.

notice how the houses look like there from the 70's? its targa newfoundland

If it's something Americans are good at, they'll brag about it. If it's something they aren't good at, they'll call the people who are good at it faggots. Rallying falls into the latter category.

Same with the promoters. The idea that people could just go and watch without paying some jew or seeing massive advertisements everywhere is about the least American thing I can think of

My Ford Ranger has a Torsen diff.

Still not as good as based Quattro...

Doesn't get TV coverage.

NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR

>driving in a oval

You people watch dogs and horses go around an oval like it's the 1700's.

No, that isn´t popular here.

Yeah but what about the other 10%? That's still a big market.

Because large expanses of nothing make Off road more popular.

I want a blue ridge parkway rally race.
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

This.