I recently got an extremely well paying job (sales) and I'm looking to buy my first sports car...

I recently got an extremely well paying job (sales) and I'm looking to buy my first sports car. I'm trying to decide between a jaguar f type or mustang gt350, used of course... what would Veeky Forums do? I like the mustang but the jaguar seems a lot quicker, not that the stang isn't fun to drive but jaguar beats it on the track. I also like the stang because I would prefer 4 seats as it will be an everyday car. Is there some alternative to these cars I should look into? I haven't been able to find a car that gives you so much bang for you buck as far as performance goes. I'm trying to keep it under lets say 60k. Also reliability is big for me... what do you autofags think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EfJa2xvIIjk
youtu.be/e9yarB7uYd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get a Miata ND with a ferarri body kit

>even considering a american pos

Get a Lancer evo

>Mustang
>Sports car

user, I...

If I had that money I'd be looking at a Cadillac CTS-V or STS-V. I'd prefer the STS-V but they're getting harder to find. STS-V has a better ride, the CTS-V is Corvette tier fast. The CTS-V tops out at almost 200mph but turns back into a normal luxury sport sedan when you're commuting. I'm biased though because I've owned 4 Cadillacs and want to be buried in one.

F-type with the V6,manual,RWD, for 65k, the looks and exhaust sound is worth it.

faster than your bus

Can you get a f-type s for under 60k? The normal one isnt worth it

Trust me those 2 back seats have zero room for a human being, so don't make that as a pro for the stang

If I were you I would go for the jag, it's classier and not as basic as a mustang.

OP GET LOTUS EVORA 400
however wait one year
youll have more money and it wont dent your wallet at all, be patient with your spending

Depends on the nature of the sales position. I work in sales but have to haul equipment related to my job with me, so I drive an SUV and have an old as fuck BMW to drive on the weekends.

Looks like I can get a used f type s with around 20k miles well within my budget. Why do you say it's not worth it for the base model?

DELETE THIS

you could have a fleet of interesting shitboxes instead. you'd be retarded to spend 60k on a car.

have you factored in insurance and repairs? I feel like there could be some huge variances between the different cars you're looking at. There's no way the Mustang is going to cost more than the Jag to fix. Some of these cars are dealership only and a spark plug replacement is $10,000.

Why would I want to be 3 different flavors of poorfag? Lol fuck right off neet

Definitely have factored in insurance... as far as reliability goes i was kinda hoping you guys could fill me on the general consensus of which cars/brands end up being lemons

>what is warranty

Because the base model is slower than literally anything. On a straight. You don't want to feel that feel.

wtf are you on about m8? several weird/interesting cars are better than one babby's first sports car

sorry I am poor

The Mustang a bloated and heavy transformer lookalike, targeted to manchilds that are so narrow-minded they can't even fathom the thought of buying something that isn't a "good old stang". The safe and boring option for the somewhat overweight, balding average joe who has scraped up a few of his saving to try and feel young again.

The Jaguar however, is an exquisite piece of machinery, oozing class and charm and showing that you're succesful and have enough personality to pick something different. Yes it's a two seater, but why do you want four seats in a sports car if it isn't to taxi the nigger that your girlfriend is cucking you with? Fuck no, you have a two seater because you CAN. That speaks volumes. And Jesus Christ just look at the thing.

Well then, which one of the two are you, user?

Ford is guaranteed shit. Get the jag, mustang can't even hold a candle to a camaro let alone any f-type

>Ford is guaranteed shit, get the even shittier Poo In Loo brand

OP probably wants to be able to drive his car more than once a month without it shitting out.

go be a wanna Clarkson somewhere else please.

Neither, get a Maserati GranTurismo S

This what I came here for. Thanks user. God bless you

Then he shouldnt get a ford, cant you read?

>v6 f type
Nigger you what

>you'd be retarded to spend $60k on a car
Not really, anything cheaper is a shit desu

that's alot more money and automatic

>but jaguar beats it on the track.
Who cares? It's your first sports car, you're not coming within 30 seconds of the lap times set by professional drivers for magazines in ideal conditions

cayman gts

>pretending a expensive Tata isn't gonna shit out every 2 miles

Euros are THIS delusional.

the v6 is the only one with a manual, the more expensive v8 is awd and paddles

>all cars cheaper than 60k are shit
please kill yourself.

Paddle shifters my dude

For the price of either of those you can get an Aston Martin V8 Vantage. It's not even that expensive to maintain, seeing as a lot of the parts are shared with other Ford cars. It's basically the world's best Mustang. Just avoid the dealer who will gyp you and use a trusted independent mechanic.

Cheaper than $60k is not completely a shit, just sub optimal. Cheaper than $40k is guaranteed a shit, however.

still auto

>8250 rpm redline naturally aspirated V8
or
>V6 jag

hmmmmm really hard

>IT'S NOT EVEN THAT EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN
Doug Demuro and his unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty would like to have a word with you

Doug Demuro took his car to the dealer for maintenance, where they charged him double for every part. Doesn't matter to him, since it was under warranty, but those numbers are inflated.

youtube.com/watch?v=EfJa2xvIIjk

there's a big difference in price fool, the V6 is manual and sounds beautiful. There's a guy in same parking lot at work that has one

Not euro, but sure as hell never buying american trash

Maintenance talk starts at 5:50 if you want to skip btw.

>so butthurt about American Superiority he'll buy an Indian car instead

YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

no. Faster than the over priced honda and nissan gay t r

C63 AMG

well there's a guy at my work parking lot that has a gt350 and it sounds more beautiful

Might I recommend the Chevrolet SS?

from youtube it sounds like any other throaty mustang desu

Go test drive these and also the m4 and camaro zl1. If you want go to the track and can get over the visibility go with the zl1. If you want a special high revving v8 that will probably go up in value go gt350. If you want all around comfortability, good sounds and coolness go jaguar, and if your a douche get the m4 lol

Thanks m8. Sounds like an honest review

watch this OP, looks like it'd be a blast to drive
>youtu.be/e9yarB7uYd4

I second this. They will hold their value better than the jag and mustang.

Also fast, when you do a few mods.

Clarkson put the new Mustang on his 10 best list.

>f type
Been there done that. Lets just say two seats is a pain in the ass.

>sales

Enjoy wasting your money and living on a pittance when you are fired and need to make a car payment. Sales are always the first to go when shit goes down at a company.

Buy a decent car for half the price you are willing to pay because that is the correct thing to.

This is the correct answer

Found the assblasted NSX shill

No one in this thread has mentioned an NSX but you.

This. Do what's right OP

what kind of job in sales are you in?

>I recently got an extremely well paying job
tfw your car is being taken away

Nah

>Mustang
>not considering a 2014 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Lmaoing @ ur lyfe

>as far as reliability goes
between a jag and a ford its a crapshoot either way. While one would normally think the ford would be cheaper to repair, the gt350 may not be do to it being a little more exotic than the usual mustang.

If you want something reliable fast and sporty, get a 911 turbo or recent cayman or boxter.

Lol no, not OP but information tech especially in the security department get chopped first

The NSX is up there with the ACR, so this seems totally legit

Your personal finances are going to hate you and most likely can't bear your silly purchase

Ignore this post.

OP I had a 2015 F-type R coupe. Never had any problems but only had it for around 30k miles. If it's your only vehicle keep in mind that it's a packaging nightmare. Seats are small, trunk is small, blind spots are pretty bad. Fun to drive obviously but overweight.

Do not buy an Aston Martin on the cheap. I'm driving a 2008 DB9 volante and sank $15k in to it last month due to a convertible engine failure and other miscellaneous issues. Jaguar is ok reliability wise these days so pay no need to the people telling you it'll break down constantly, they're operating off old information before the Tata takeover.

I'd never ever come to Veeky Forums or any other image board to ask for advice on how to spend my money.

>(sales)
lmao

I think I know who you are and I think it's hilarious you feel the need to mention sales everywhere

that jaguar honestly looks like a 350/370z with a bodykit

Why do sales people always blow their money like this?

This wouldn't be a choice in any country on earth besides the US. Buy the Jag, user, but not in white.

Why has no one suggest a new M3?
425+hp
rwd
manual
4 doors
starts at $64k

Op wants a drivers car not a sellout soccermum squadmobile SUV made by a once great drivers-car manufacturer.

I thought all new M3's were paddles? How would you say the M3 is better than F-type? Looks like any other generic bimmer desu

>"A six-speed manual is standard and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic is optional"

admittedly the F-type is pretty good looking but the m3 looks really good in person. Also, i would personally prefer the twin turbo inline six over the jag's supercharged v8.

M3's don't hold value well either though? I'd guess the F-type would do alot better too. You NEVER see em on road, the sound alone is beautiful even with the V6

>Buying new

top lel

Buy a 2015 GTR OP.

>Buying a used and abused car
alot less fun to drive than the Mustang or F-type too

>a car with 200 extra bhp and 130 extra ps/tonne is faster than a GTR

what was this meant to prove user I don't get it

That it doesn't need an electric AWD system with an over glorified paddle box transmission to get a better launch

but why would you suggest the z06 over the gtr when op states clearly this is his first sports car?

Because for a first sports car I'd like to experience some power with a proper Manual transmission. OP can clearly afford it, personally I'd go with the F-type instead but the Corvette seems like more an enjoyable drive than the computerized (hold my hand) GTR

/thread

OP is an adult in sales, he doesn't need a boyracermobile.

buy a honda civic hatchback and use the 58k you have left to make a few simple mods.

after that you can beat most things on the road

Second on the Lotus Evora
Otherwise between these two, the Jag easily. And definitely the manual V6. Everyone says it's terrific.
If you can't handle owning a V6 and need another two cylinders to prove your manhood then you can go V8 but it'll be automatic.
These are two completely different cars. The 350 is meant to be fun to drive in the twisties and on the track. The F-type even is meant to be fun to daily drive with it's comfy interior and adjustable suspension. The F-type is a car you can drive every day. The 350 is much more a weekend car.

>A car I like is slower than a car I dont like so that means they arent legit

Fuck off retard lmao

why are you even considering mustang?
jaguar is a lot better.

I drove a 2016 Mustang GT the other day and could not get over how pig fat it felt

I felt like I was in a truck. The interior felt like a truck. The ride height is way too high. Too much computer shit.

I mean it was fast and stuff but it's HUGE.

Jag would probably be a lot better

>wanting an automatic sports car

v6s manual is the only acceptable f-type

If you got yourself a high paying job and in sales, you should behave like one.
Buy a mature car that isn't expensive and put the money where they grow instead of rot away.

Just like you got your job, it can easily be like this in a couple of years.

>I recently lost an extremely well paying job (sales) and I'm looking to buy a car that cost little to maintain and is low on taxes and have high MPG.

>V6 F-Type

>slower than my V6 Mustang

KWKEWKWKWKWEKEKEEKEKEKEKEKEEKKEKKKKK!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@