/ovg/ - turnleft returns edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tzOzWgM-fHo
webmshare.com/JeRdL
webmshare.com/7QvG8
webmshare.com/0r6zz
webmshare.com/Dmozj
store.steampowered.com/app/611800/Jidousha_Shakai/
studio-397.com/2017/05/open-beta-with-directx-11-and-virtual-reality-support/
racedepartment.com/threads/drm-modding-team-interview.134798/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for the return of /OVGF1/

I made a Devil Z build on FH3 if anyone wants it. Just type Wangan in search bar.

Couldn't get the stock carburated engine to 666hp, so I had to swap in a modern I6 unfortunately.

Will GT Sport be as good as 6?

it wont be as good as the return of /OVGF1/

my car is ready boys she makes five hunnert horsepower at the rear wheels and goes like a bat outta hell

What times are you getting at Silverstone GP with GT3 in AC?

Clocked a 2:49.768 with the Chevrolet Silverado GT3

Best PC racing games

1. Trackmania
2. Nitto 1320 Challenge

1:30.8 in my F1 GT3

i ran a 2:03:755 with the mercedes

no you didnt nigger faggot thats my time

>cheating nigger has results from Australia
>wog now leading the real standings

took an hour to unfuck old setup but did this with half a tank

even if I have the results from the first race I'm still gonna win in the real standings

check the livetiming

I had a dream last night that Chris chan was playing n2003 and I wanted to tell /ovg/ about it but instead we were voting on whether or not /ovgturnleft/ should have skins

Thanks
how to maek 911 gud? The car seems to only be competitive with my usual GT3 pace when the setup is just dangerous enough to be an issue in a race. I could fall back on a couple other cars and race with /ovg/ for once but the 911 turns me on and I want to make it work.
Appreciate any insight, all I know is some stuff from the forums, like compensating for the weak diffuser and maybe running the front end a bit higher

So it's been a really long time since I last played a serious racing game. but now I really feel like playing one.
I'm a PC player and currently don't have neither controller nor wheel, and I have 0 experience with the first one, but I used to play Dirt 2 on a shitty wheel few years ago.

So my concern is:
I would rather have a controller because it's way cheaper, smaller and probably won't give many bad habits for real-world driving.
The wheel worries me because I have made my license just few months ago and I only drive like 2 times a week, so I'm still a really shitty driver. I'm also a eurofag and drive only manual cars - that seems especially dangerous for my throtlle and clutch habits if I used a wheel.
On the other hand, the wheel seems to be a lot better (easier to control) for sim-racing games than the controller, keeping in mind that I have 0 experience with it.

so tl;dr wheel vs controller for a total noob

Controller. And if you really enjoy it, buy a wheel.

softest springs and 1/1 wings

anglos and 60 percenters btfo

This new MSC intro is the most Finnish thing I've ever seen.
youtu.be/tzOzWgM-fHo

ebin finland :DDDDDDDDD

Oh and btw, europeans are not allowed in the turnleft series, since they are shitters anyway.

europeans are to intelligent to not turn right

>to intelligent

Europeans everyone.
Too shit to drive and not in touch with memes.

xD

Name 5 (five) fast europeans that regularly race in the current leagues.
I'll wait.

but gt6 was kinda shit

i mean, it was still cool game and all, but gt3/4/5 were all better than this thing. GT6 events were half-assed, entire gt6 was half-assed content-wise.

i just hope gt sport won't drop their glorious career mode as it was implied

Pro tip from another euro-fag: Sim-racing with a wheel has had no influence on my real world driving and I'm a relatively young driver too.

Funny Greek Man
Funny French Man
Funny Danish Man
Funny Swiss Man
Trav

webmshare.com/JeRdL
webmshare.com/7QvG8
webmshare.com/0r6zz

Initial D reference?

h-hayai!
webmshare.com/Dmozj

Haha, what a funny initial D reference!

who is swiss?

Gran Turismo 5 or 6?

6 except for endurance.

i just like going sideways user pls don't be a meanie

why not both

>funny Greek man
>fast
lol

5 because collecting shitboxes pleased my autism
also the best menu soundtrack, strange that 5 prologue songs were turned off by default though
>when you have to redo every race in b-spec and hopelessly watch dumb AI needing two laps just to overtake one car

Will only play casually i.e. a few hours a week

then get GT6 or get a PS4 and wait for Sport

6 then

>Anyone on that list
>fast
Nice try whoever from that list you are.

You need to simrace more. I've been doing it since I was 4, and the confidence boost it gave me made learning to drive super easy. You learn not only basic controls, but you can also discover the properties of different drivetrain types and how they affect the way a vehicle moves. This carries over directly to real life, everyday vehicles and helps build the confidence needed to be a competent driver.

Signs, road markings, road etiquette, these are all things that are best taught in real life, but if you don't understand that your FWD car is going to understeer dangerously if you try to apply the brakes and turn at the same time, you don't deserve a license. Unfortunately most people don't learn that until they've wrecked a couple of real cars.

No one wants to see you do dumb shit any of us can do but worse. Go fast, but don't blog with shitty webms that have nothing interesting happening in them.

No fun allowed.

>No fun allowed.
That's not even close to true. Don't post boring shit that other people won't have an interest in. It's like the resident furfag's GT/Forza/ETS posts which add nothing and bring up nothing to talk about. "Fun" isn't posting retarded shit only yourself cares about.

At least he doesn't upload it straight to the thread to take up image space, he can post a text post with a few webms in it, fuck off you fucking faggot and cry somewhere else cunt

No, fuck off kiddie. This is /v/. If you want that type of cancer, go there.

>This is /v/.

no it isn't

I meant to say this isn't v.
But you get the point. Now fuck off with your shitty webms.

Why do you care?

Because you are making this general even more shit.

>the DRM REVIVAL FOR AC will be free as base version. That features all car models , skins, drivers , default sound and default physics. However for 9.99€ you can purchase a FULL upgrade for all cars in terms of physics, sounds and support.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

are you trying to restore the order in this cesspool?
wrong place kiddo, go apply for a moderator on some forum but this isn't that kind of a place

anyone using the word kiddie is probably a kid you mong, stop being a whingy cunt

>the city of simdads

>being a poorfag

Wait, so what the fuck is the benefit to buying it?

Anyone aware of cars in FH3 with 4 speed adjustable final drive gearboxes like the 930?

>AC mods now come with standard and simulation physics
I see modders are once again pushing the boundaries of autism.

Fucking communists

is the online of Automobilista cracked yet

WHERE IS IT

Where did you see this?

Is it released?

i can find a way for you to play the game online for thirty bucks

store.steampowered.com/app/611800/Jidousha_Shakai/

ovgstance when?

>lifeless drift/stance game based on unity with licensed cars without the actual license #40918

No thanks

HERE WE GO BOYS

studio-397.com/2017/05/open-beta-with-directx-11-and-virtual-reality-support/

Known Issues
>Plugins that render to the screen will not work any more. These plugins all depend on DX9, so their authors will need to update them. That said, we at S397 are working on improving the way such plugins render to the screen to make them integrate better with our new HUD, VR and each other. In general, for most plugins, there are known alternatives. Feel free to discuss these on our forum or on Discord. We’re glad to help!

So wait for updates if you use something like Map/GID and the Performance Delta plugin.

What's this shit I'm reading about 12 hours worth of updates and then the updates failing? I'm about to leave work and pick up a copy

keked at the background

fwd will stop understeering if you apply the breaks, also you can trail brake by turning and braking in fwd.
did you mean rwd my dude?

If your internet is too shit the PS3 might fail at updating. The workaround is to press O and install the pending updates every 2-3 updates. If your internet is fast enough to download the ~20 GB of updates it will work fine.

I'm not really worried about my internet, I'm wondering if Sony's end is horseshit

>Try to play FH3 online adventure
>Nobody hosts no collision lobbies
>Play normal ones
>Everyone leaves their tires and suspension stock, then throws everything into their engine and drivetrain
>Doesnt even try to brake at turns
>Understeers into other cars at full blast and rides off of the momentum of the collision
>Pushes you into trees and walls when you're about to overtake them
>Forces you out of your line
>Game punishes you when someone rams you like a fucking cockbag
>Xniggers in charge of racing cleanly

racedepartment.com/threads/drm-modding-team-interview.134798/
lmao fuck these faggots with their paymods and donationware

Can't get nr2003 to work so what's my best way to get a fix of turn left?

>try to play the rF2 DX11 beta with the URD cars
>gmotor crash every time
> try the GT500 car
>45 FPS, not matter the settings (I have a GTX1080)
nice, just what I expected

Buy a PS3 and GT6.

>tfw I'm gonna race against titz and his wife in the HSO BTCC league
btw she sucks(and not the good kind of sucking). She finished last in one of the two races in the last event.

>Hornbuckle said he is going to buy two
Why am I not surprised.

It's not; the updates will work all at once if your connection doesn't sneeze/freeze. 10MB down was enough for me to update from launch copies of drive club and gt6

>it is now possible to pilot a Yellow Corvette™ around Fantastic Park in VR
HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

arcasimracingx.com

iracing

AC or RF2?

There's a guide on how to get NR2003 working on modern OSs on the wiki.

>working headlights
>video metadata title
hmm

Oh yeah. RF2.
Also why would I download the webm just for the metadata, when you can just spoonfeed me?

>not using Veeky Forums x

I'm not a pro Veeky Forums user.

>mirrors still rendered in 2D
i guess science hasn't gone too far

LFS has maximum mirror simulation value.

tru dat