Is the Lamborghini Aventador practical for a daily drive? Would you buy one if it would be your only car?

Is the Lamborghini Aventador practical for a daily drive? Would you buy one if it would be your only car?

Depends

>carbon doesn't rust
>all wheel drive

Sounds like perfect winter daily. It's a bit wide though, a Huracan would be easier to park.

aventador roadster is probably exactly what I would dd if I was the classless millionaire I hope to someday be

Eh, the Huracan LP650-4 or whatever it's called is a much better DD.

The aventador isn't quite DD material, as you can only get the E-Clutch box, which is plagued with reliability issues. Also the interior is rather spartan, and it has unpredictable throttle response.

>tfw you hit a pothole and the front spoiler gets ripped off

I would never, ever daily drive a Lamborghini.

>hard to park (wide, terrible vision)
>plebs will ask about it everywhere you go
>too low (no incline parking lots, driveways)
>too fast
>cop magnet
>uncomfortable both inside and to drive
>rough DCT makes city, traffic driving suck
>rapid depreciation
>extreme upkeep costs

Just buy a Mercedes or some shit for a DD and buy an old gallardo for the weekend. They can be had for cheap.

Can it even go over speedbumps?

Fuk no.

It literally cannot go over big speedbumps, inclined entrances.

Driving an automatic lambo under highways speeds is very jerky and uncomfortable.

Destroys the value of the car because butthurt poor fags will key it, hit it with their doors, ect.

Destroys the value because you will put 10-20k miles a year on it. No one wants a supercar with 50k+ miles.

Not if they're normal sized. Small ones are fine if you go around 1-2 mph.

I believe a lot of Lamborghinis now have optional air suspension but the car is still low as fuck and you'll scrape everywhere unless you're street parking, which is an expensive gamble in a half a million dollar car.

>Lamborghini as winter driver

fucking kek

They have front axle lift systems that raise the front of the car for bumps and inclines. Still, a Porsche 911 turbo is the best DD super car, since it can adjust hieght and all aero retracts

>No one wants a supercar with 50k+ miles.
Why the fuck would you buy a 400k car if you're not even going to drive it 50,000 miles?

If I had to pick one single car for everything, a Lambo isn't the VAG product I'd choose.

>Super car
>Wagon body
That is some incredibly bad taste

>NYC
>potholes everywhere
>car will get keyed
>car will get its shit stolen after 5 minutes of parking
>police will look for any excuse to pull you over because it looks like a fast car
>Gas prices are stupid high and the car not made to be fuel efficient
Yeah, no

>owns a Lamborghini
>worries about gas prices

pick one

>Is the Lamborghini Aventador practical for a daily drive?
Fuck no. It's an impractical status symbol. Even the people who own one have a different car for their daily. It's a rich mans weekend toy, nothing more.

>dd requirements
no catastrophic failures
water proof
can hold a passenger and cargo
comfy
on this basis I choose the 350 gtv or espada
and if im poor the toyota camry v20

how about the Nissan r35 ?
or cadillac ats v

>ridiculously expensive
>terrible depreciation (especially if you're constantly putting miles on it)
>no luggage space
>awful in stop/go traffic
>terrible em pee gees
>speed bumps/potholes will be absolute hell for both it and you
>someone's inevitably going to break into/key/egg/whatever it even if you don't get hit by some retard looking at their phone
>virtually any damage at all = writeoff
It's the exact opposite of practical; that's why people buy them in the first place, it's purely a status symbol.

A lot of people call the Nissan GTR "the world's fastest daily driver" due to how automated everything is and how it is (relatively) nice to ride in on regular roads when the "R" performance mode is turned off

I see you've never had money before user. Dont worry, you will understand one day.

GTRs drive like ass on the road

But still, so with that system you can now clear a beer can laying sideways. It will still rub and scrape eveywhere.

Some guy put like 250k miles on a Murcielago and it cost him $650,000 in upkeep alone

Serious question OP, are you 14?

I would never buy a car that I was afraid to drive/depreciate/damage. I'd probably have to be worth over $100 million before considering a $400k car.

If someone gave it to me and I couldn't sell it I would run that shit into the ground.

Your typical Lamborghini buyer has 5 other cars at the very least

not as a daily but itd make a fun track and fun car

no it wouldn't

care to explain how you know what id find fun?

You'll never be able to drive it fast enough to elicit any kind of feedback from it, and if you can drive it fast enough you better be ready to pay tens of thousands for basic shit like pads and fluids

>what is nose lift

Those laptimes you'll never be able to hit sure are fun

The daily supercar

>adequately comfortable
>discreet yet personal
>faster than almost everything else on the road

""""""""""super car""""""""""

Something like the Giulia QV or Audi R8 would be the more practical choice yeah, but half the point is to show off and make everyone who sees you jelly as fuck. Only the Lambo is recognizable to do that.

It is.

I guess the Camaro is a super car too now days

You fucking idiot

If it's designed to go that fast then it's a supercar.

You see the other names in the chart don't you?

Go be buttmad elsewhere.

that flashy italian thing is discreet to you?

The ZL1 certainly is.

Not the camaro but the ZL1 version, mongrel.

Supercars are exotic dick waving machines for rich people

Still a Camaro

It's more discreet than a fucking Lamborghini, also it's not that different from the normal model.

I was talking performance wise.

My suggestion was aimed at a car which can be both very performant and comfortable enough for daily use.

The Giulia Quadrifoglio is a perfect solution since it's usable a 360 degrees without sacrifices, also can pass over speed bumps.

If you want a full exotic supercar for daily drive then you just might want to stick in a Porsche 991 "pick your version".

That's all nice and all, but it's still not a super car

You nave to look at it from the eyes of a Saudi prince who thinks daddy buying him a Veyron is working hard in life

the automation is solid
but they really should change the seats
and make the gear box stronger
also get dat magneride in play
if not something better

indeed they do
ultimate DD is therefore the GS400 or the Lincoln town car
second prize to Citroen ds or xm due to more rarity and less reliability

I've seen some driving around during the nicer parts of winter. People here use GTR's as "winter beaters" when there's lots of snow on the ground.

LOL at the GTR parked in the handicapped parking spot.

>Is the Lamborghini Aventador practical for a daily drive?
If you park it in a parking lot where normal people are allowed to walk by it, then they will stand on your hood and take selfies.

i would fuck that bitch up and not in the sexy way

>i would fuck that bitch up and not in the sexy way
You won't know because you aren't in those peoples' instagram or facebook to see those pictures. All you know is that you come back and your aluminum hood has multiple dents from weight and scratch marks from gritty shoes.

>he doesnt watch thestradman

That wigger daily drives his lambo in the winter.

This is nice apart from the Veeky Forums logo on the side, ruins the whole look

lol'd, I didn't notice the similarities before

I don't really get people who say that they would buy such a thing as their ONLY car

Do they never have any need to transport something big?
What about more than two people?
Are all the roads perfect where they live?

I might be a bit of a freak where it comes to practicality, but if I had to pick one vehicle it would be a newer Toyota Hilux with the 3.0l diesel, or an Isuzu D-Max with the 2.5, both in double cab config and with five seats

If I had to be confined to one car then I'd make damned sure it could go wherever I needed it to go and also transport whatever it is I need, wether it be people or cargo

i wouldn't complain if i was given an aventador to daily drive

but if i got to pick my dd it wouldn't be my first choice

>Do they never have any need to transport something big
Very rarely. I wouldn't be selecting my car on the need to transport something bigger than my trunk every few years

You "practicality" fags confuse me. It's a car with a driver's seat. It's practical enough. Gotta buy groceries? Put them in your passenger seat if you need to. Gotta haul people around? Fuck em, you drive a Lambo. Of course I'd fucking buy one if I could.

>half the point is to show off and make everyone who sees you jelly as fuck
the Giulia does that, specially when the one looking is BMW owner :^)

Same lol. Specially when they claim a wagon is so much more practical than a sedan, as if there was a big difference.

There really is tho. I always try to have a wagon/5-door in my rotation of vehicles. Hatches are just more useable than a trunk.

It's a pretty simple concept. Do you really think the extra 20-40lbs of getting a hatch instead of a trunk will matter in terms of performance?

I have a 5 door sedan, fite me.
And I never said anything about performance, I said they aren't so much more practical. There's no big difference.