/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 16th:
1337 – Edward, the Black Prince is made Duke of Cornwall, the first Duchy in England.
1776 – American Revolution: British forces evacuate Boston, ending the Siege of Boston, after George Washington and Henry Knox place artillery in positions overlooking the city.
1805 – The Italian Republic, with Napoleon as president, becomes the Kingdom of Italy, with Napoleon as King.
1861 – The Kingdom of Italy is proclaimed.
1948 – The Treaty of Brussels is signed, a precursor to the North Atlantic Treaty establishing NATO.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/protestant-schoolboys-left-at-the-bottom-of-the-class-with-results-only-slightly-better-than-travellers-or-roma-children-30152342.html
rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/13/europa-universalis-4-tips/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based

>hoi4 and hoi4 mods
based

W&B

Check your vanilla checksum

>other thread uses the infopic and proper OP text with steamgroup warning and everything
>R&I still makes a "proper" thread
I only wish that some day I can understand how your mind works

When is paradox fixing M&M?

what are the most evil nations in vanilla starting date eu 4

France
Castille

England

papal state
poland
muscovy
ottomans

Never

White.

France

Slavs shouldn't have their own country.

says who?

All Hordes
Ottoman
All nations with cultural conversion
All Nahuatls
Venice

This

Anyone with a brain.

A week or so.

how do i update V2 3.03 to 3.04?

Download the update and install it.

i would spare west slavs desu
but east and south slavs are barbarians

In EU4, is it more expensive to replenish armies or just to build the unit again? When would I want to consolidate and when would I want to replenish the army over time?

>When would I want to consolidate
never

where can i get it?

Build units cost more manpower in the end so it is more expensive.

its good to consolidate if you have to fight battle very soon but cant wait for army to reinforce itself, if you have gorillion of wounded regiments they gonna get shredded pretty fast
no idea about user question regarding cost though

IRELAND IS AND SHALL FOREVER BE IN UNION WITH BRITAIN

The forums.

So this passport I have emitted by the Republic of Ireland is just my imagination?

Google it you fool

is krakow vic 2 equivalent of eu4 byzantium

No because poles are good and byzantium is shit

So it's true what they say about huns: belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/protestant-schoolboys-left-at-the-bottom-of-the-class-with-results-only-slightly-better-than-travellers-or-roma-children-30152342.html

>play as byzantium
>occupying northern bulgaria from ottomeems
>tunisia lands a weak force on constantinople
>freely send my main army and kill it
>...
>can't go back, edirne fort blocks movement
>can't go back even though i marched there with no problem
>only way to go back is to siege down edirne
>...
>lose

any mods that remove/improve the fort system?

pic semi-related.

How do rate this guide?

rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/13/europa-universalis-4-tips/

The fort system is pretty good and paradox attempts at fixing it just made it worse. It has a few quirks you have to keep in mind to not have problems like you did tho

>The earlier thread was deleted
So does this mean HoI4 is officially back?

>steppe horse rapebaby niggers somehow being superior to roman succesors
made me think

>2015
0/10

>WE WUZ ROMANS AND SHEEEEEEIT

Why is Aristocratic the worst Idea group?

All Europeans are descended from steppe horse nomads.

name one polish achievement without mentioning militaristic shit like muh vienna we wuz moscow conquerors n shieet
i'll wait

The whole "we wuz" saying is based off dumb fucks saying someone that they were something that they truly were not. If you are saying it the way that you are saying it, then all white countries are truly "we wuz" because they are being colonized by minorities and ruled by kikes. Get your shit right kike.

>Slamming my 18 year old sister

This game has become a vehicle of vicariousness. Especially with the new portraits going into CPR.

She's 19 dude, too old.

thanks, and i got it but when i start it it doesnt let me select any mods

Fuck.

Well. When I started she was 17.

I'm slow on screenshots.

>not joining the HRE
>not eating Italy from the inside
>not leaving it a steaming wreckage after youre done with it

Tell me where a bunch of fucking sandniggers find 140,000+ troops.

What was that mod that'd let you have sex dungeons and impregnate minors? Was it on Loverslab? I can't find anything there by searching for Crusader Kings. I think it might've been a personal mod someone here made.

convert to v2 and check their pops :^)

How do I make this stop?
I got a non-aggression pact with the leader but nothing changed.

should I make an allaince with west francia as Wessex, or will they drag me into wars I'll lose

you could also take the baleares

crush the rebellion
never let those guys out of the dungeon

>Jumping the shark

I don't know what you mean.

Back to my comfy kleinPrussen
yesterday i fucked up big time. being euphoric about my wife's claim for sicily, i tried to push it without knowing those fuckers would get themselves in debt just to buy 2x 5000 mercenaries. savescummed to save before fuck up and now im ready to continue being klein and comfy

It it happen, it takes at least 250% to win, I know this from experience. All the leader has to do is beat the troops. He can sit back and let the rebels lose 1/2 their troops to attrition in exchange for 3/4 of his territory. The rebels have to take all the territory so just play cat and mouse with them if you want. Wait for them to get low from sieges and then crush them. Plus they start out all scattered and you get all your troops from your holdings. Just crush the first few people.

Nevermind, I found it.

The torturemod made by someone here let you do that, but it's probably outdated as fuck by now. Dark World, which is on Loverslab, gives you the ability to enslave people in your dungeons and turn them into sex slaves, and there's also an option to rape minors once they're around 12 or so.

I don't know if you can impregnate them though. I mean, I am a degenerate, but I'm not that degenerate.

And so with the Great danish invasion of Engalnd, so to came the great plague of Slow Fever, a symbol from God fro chastising our pettiness

From their many provinces probably.

post culture and religious map

You forgot the pic lad.

Doing that now.

Went in a [Once] Titular King, left an Emperor.

Culture

Tell me about submarines!
Was making almost 70 of them a good idea?

I conquered Ireland

It's the year of our lord 804, I'm 70 years old and everyone loves me
Right now I'm holding a grand tournament to celebrate Irish unity

What's the best way to become king of all of Britain?
Pictland has formed up North while England and Wales are in shambles, Merica is the biggest power there

I know Ireland is casul town I'm not very good at this game

Should I go feudal or merchant? I haven't engaged with republics at all so far

Amazing, king of the waves. Until 1944. Then youre fucked. Useless pieces of metal.

and, my favorite map mode which keep me playing for more than 50 years after i would have finished

Another big slab of Africa taken, but that fucking coring cost is obscene. I have neither the time nor inclination to do the puppet faggotry though.
f-fuck you!

lol'd hard

Raid get tons of monies then go republic. Youll trash all the other houses with your tons of dough.

>that Norman culture
what the fuck happened there

>See this
>Realise I should just quit my game now

I haven't done any raiding yet, can I raid my fellow Christians over in Britain or do I need to look elsewhere?

Right now I still own the Jews 350 shekels because I decided to hold the tournament instead of paying them

What do you recommend?

Königsberg, being so vast and rich is literally the most precious town in medieval europe, with cities built tight, baronies manned up and churches attented to. Truly beautiful sight.
Lollard religion is an official split off, accepted by no other than pope, and even though they are popular only in HRE, they already fucked up some things
nothing wrong with grossgermaniums

>I mean, I am a degenerate, but I'm not that degenerate.
>implying it is more degenerate

>staying catholic
There are norse around so...

rlly makes me think

>>staying catholic
Why wouldn't I? And I don't even know of any way I might have converted to some other religion

Does it really make sense to send boats all the way to Scandinavia so I can raid the coast there?

any ways in eu4 to DECREASE my chances of PU inheritance?
I got union with bohemia but i dont really want their clay, and if i inherit them i also get like 6 of their vassals which take my diplomatic slots

Karlings happened

>I'm not that degenerate.

You callin' me a major degenerate?

>concubine
>change religion

>change capital to norse land
You arent norse so you cant raid by sea you have to be right next to them. Also Norse Germanic republic is the strongest in the game.

looking for an honest opinion bros. is EU4 fun to play after all the added content? Last time I played it was a couple years ago and you just sat around doing nothing waiting for mana points to accumulate

if you didnt enjoy it back then i dont think you will enjoy it now either
its fundamentally same stuff

Meiou and taxes. It addes things to do other then just sit around. Its slow though so... Currently in germany and its good. Lots of easy vassals, up to 40 gold a month in 1453.

I'd say it's fun for a while and in quick bursts, but it gets old fast

>choose chess to bide time
>i lost the game master trait and decided not to get it again to hide from plague
like pottery

My wife imprisoned me because she wants elective monarchy and I'm the commander of France. It kinda works because I want elective too and the king won't hate me. Win-win?

>282 cost to research tech that is 1 year ahead of time
comfy

>Education level
wus that?

Mod he is playing recording education

universities are pretty op if you play tall

Not when her and the king become lovers.