When will archaic key ignitions get phased out?

When will archaic key ignitions get phased out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbhHcxscu4Q
carcomplaints.com/news/2016/relay-attack-unit-unlocks-starts-cars.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They already have. Just buy modern car.

He still uses a key to start his car instead of a button.

>he uses a button instead of a crank
Laughinggirlanimu.jpg.7zip.rar

>they seat on the driver's seat instead of laying on the trunk and suffocating

Guise, I identify as pan-sexshual and someone stole mah button

>When will archaic key ignitions get phased out?

How will GM kill its customers without keys?

Batteries in your remote die. Your car wont start.

When will an emp blast fuck all you faggots?

Crankstart is the true redpill

This, people who are WOKE drive Model Ts.

My car tells me when the battery is low

On modern cars without a traditional lock cylinder ignition the LF antenna can still read the key in certain spots even if the key has a dead battery, this may shock you but massive car companies that employ thousands of engineers may have considered this problem before you casually thought about it for 5 seconds

They will find a way

In a traditional car with a key, the key barrel will always be able to read the key, regardless of the life of any batteries. This may shock you, but massive car companies that employ thousands of engineers may have considered that a physical, mechanical key is less likely to fail than a complex electronic component, and may have a better understanding of it than you do after you casually thought about it for 0 seconds.

Filtered.

>In a traditional car with a key, the key barrel will always be able to read the key,
Wrong

>a physical, mechanical key is less likely to fail than a complex electronic component
Wrong, ask GM. A lock cylinder is much more complex than a LF key system.

>Filtered.
>I'm going to downvote your post by pretending to filter you!
>>>/reddit/

Yea, mine is on the left side.

>ST
>I couldn't afford an RS

>he doesn't have both Kickstart and a starter button

>Wrong, ask GM.
Considering they have a hard time making ignition cylinders that don't catch the entire car on fire, I think I'll ask Toyota instead.

Patrician's choice right here.
I modded my XR650L to have a kickstarter function as well. It's so much more fun.

That's a fiesta. There is no fiesta rs.

>when a car has fuel, spark, ignition switches

youtube.com/watch?v=tbhHcxscu4Q

>he drives in a computer
super gay desu

>Candle headlights

really nice.

>When will archaic key ignitions get phased out?
When the government deems it is necessary to stop cars from working if they have unpaid tickets.

Oi vey user you lost your key fob? Luckily we can provide you a replacement for the modest price of 500 shekels.

oy vey, you have a special car?
that will be 1500 shekels.

>losing things costs you money

It's a good job I'm not a retard who loses his keyfob then.

Must suck to be retarded and not have companies design products around your mental disability.

>it's the customer's fault we price gouge the shit out of them with custom items like keys
Please. The electronics in a car key/fob are very cheap. There is no reason one should cost more than $100.
T. Never lost a car key

>being retarded enough to lose stuff you use everyday.

When will wireless fobs be phased out?

Push button starts came out in like the 40's or 50's as a selling point to women who couldn't turn the key with their nails.

With the technology out there and grade school kids learning programming in grade 3. I think it will eventually be easier to copy a chip key then a physical laser cut key.

Buttons predate keys.

When will we have cars that start when they recognize the driver's unique ass in the seat?

I'm tired of these pigfat transponder keys and fobs. Really really really fucking tired. I commute by motorcycle just because it's a 90s bike with a proper slim key.

>Getting duplicate keys made for $5

Feels good man.

I am terribly triggered by ignition locks on steering columns.

>tfw you have key ignition and a push button start

>car is ancient
>starts with no key, can just finger the ignition
>one day decide to fuck around and wired a button where the "key" thing was supposed to go
>1984 push button car
Lel

My car scans the inside of my anus with an anal probe to confirm it's me before it starts

I just bought a new truck and it had a key!

...but my 67 bug had a push button

>implying I don't park my car in a Faraday Cage
Nigger

>tyrone shoots you and takes your key chain
>DAYUM NIGGA PUSH START AND GO N SHEEIT
>speeds off in your electrocuck mobile

women have killed car culture and every fun about cars.

>those old ford truck that let you remove the key while the truck was running and it drive and the steering would lock and you could prank your buddy by yanking the key out while he's driving

I had really high hopes that this fad would die. I seems that the industry fucking hates me though.

My truck has been able to work without a key. It's fun

Teslas dont even have a button, you just press on the brake and put it in drive and go.

>>tfw you have key ignition and a push button start

That did away with passing the load to the solenoid through the keyswitch and didn't require an additional relay or associated wiring.

You'll get used to whatever you grow up with and not be able to like anything else unless you are a mechanic. No worries.

>there will be nothing more convienient than sliding your bus ticket into the ticket machine
autofags are missing out.

You're right, electronics are dirt cheap.

Recalibrating/programming the board computer though...

So whose heart have you broken? The ladyboy you pump and dumped in the back seat of your Chrysler Sebring?

carcomplaints.com/news/2016/relay-attack-unit-unlocks-starts-cars.shtml

have fun getting your cars stolen, fucking faggots

/thread

Fucking, I hate Subaru for having all non-Touring cars use regular huge fuck keys. It's so cumbersome.