1ZZ tuning

how can I tune my 1ZZ-FE to go from 140hp to around 170hp-200hp?

>inb4 2zz swap
not a huge fan of the 2zz's complete and utter lack of low-mid end torque
>inb4 turbo
too expensive and unpractical, and I'm not fond of turbo lag

Other urls found in this thread:

monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-built-cylinder-head-toyota-1zz-fe/
brodix.com/heads-2/small-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nitrous

>Turbo
>Too expensive

You're looking at easily triple the cost to get to where a Turbo would Naturally Aspirated, fag.

>want 1.8 liter shitbox motor to have 60 extra hp
>want low-midrange torque
pick one

Do you really wanna go to gamestop at 8000 rpm?

Supercharge it you slut

>4 cylinder
>torque
kek

>a more aggressive camshaft and some head porting cost 3 times what a turbo does

Camshafts don't increase torque, they shift the band forward. MUH REVS MUH NO TORQUE

And porting the Heads? Just fucking buy a decent aftermarket one if you're gonna bother.

>a bigger cam profile doesn't increase torque
>aftermarket head for a japanese 4 cyl

stop being such an ameridumb

>I want 2ZZ power, but I don't want a 2ZZ
>I want to suck dick but I don't want to look gay

Not really possible bromigo

lol sup MRS dude, that car already too slow?
Should be lightning fast compared to your rav4

this

although I bet the TRD supercharger for the 1zz will be rare and expensive af

you could do centrifugal relatively easily too

>>a bigger cam profile doesn't increase torque
But it doesn't.

>>aftermarket head for a japanese 4 cyl
First fucking google result

monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-built-cylinder-head-toyota-1zz-fe/

>$800
jesus christ just Tarbo or

Install another 1zz up front driving the front wheels.

>spend X amount of money doing that
>make no more power because you didn't spend money on getting an ECU and a tune
>engine now has the traits of the 2ZZ and has cost more than a 2ZZ swap while making the same power as a stock 2ZZ

Everything that adds more power costs a lot of money, OP. Doesn't matter whether it's forced induction or N/A work or nawz or an engine swap, it's gonna be expensive. Especially if you do or properly and/or pay someone else to do it.

Swap a 1MZ-FE or whatever the Camry V6 is in if you want a good spread of torque.

>bigger cam profile doesn't increase torque
it must, or else it must increase the revs, otherwise it would be impossible to make more power with bigger cams

like feel free to explain how a bigger and longer cam lobe increases the rev range or an engine, please user

>inb4 broken oil pump

>First fucking google result
thats not an aftermarket head you fucking mouthbreather, that is a rebuilt oem one, these are aftermarket heads, they were not built by the OEM manufacturer
brodix.com/heads-2/small-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads

>$800
good thing said "head poting" not "buy a rebuilt head" you fucking troglodyte

>just fucking turbo
you must be trolling, I refuse to belive someone can be this autismal
in order to properly make power with a turbo you need turbo cams and head porting anyway

another absolutely abhorrent post from Veeky Forums

you don't really need a new ECU, a piggyback or a mere tune will do

you can absolutely gain 30 hp with some N/A bolt ons

its dumb anyways because OP should get nitrous

You can't literally get a supercharger unless your willing to move the powerband way up in the rev-range and then you'll have an engine with less low-mid end torque than a 2zz due to the lack of VVTL-i.

You understand how VVTL-i works. It essentially lets the engine run on two different cam profiles. Since the displacement is the same in the 1zz and 2zz, the only way you're going to make a 1zz make 2zz high-rpm power is by putting in a camshaft that's the same as the high-rpm profile on the 2zz. In-fact you'll have to rev even higher, and sacrifice more low end power than a 2zz without VVTL-i to make the same power due to the following:

>Shitty flowing heads due to smaller bore size and smaller valves - need more aggressive cam to compensate
>Shittier flowing intake & exhaust manifold.
>More undersquare and you'll definitely need to replace the rotating assembly since you'll probably need to rev around 8000+ rpm (powdered metal stock rods will die by then).

Just swap a 2zz or get a supercharger/turbo kit.

This

Op you're asking for too much at once

he's a europoor bench racer who as no idea how cars work and used to "touge" his mom's rav4, ofc he's asking stupid questions

Torque is mostly based on the VE (cylinder filling) you can achieve at a given rpm. Given the heads remain the same (valve sizes, port sizing etc.), changing the camshaft is the main way to do this.

Overall, installing a more "aggressive camshaft" will shift the torque curve higher. You might get an increase in peak torque due to scavenging (if you have a non-shit exhaust manifold) but largely you'll move the torque curve up the rpm range, and as we all know hp is TQ*RPM divided by a constant. So making the same torque but at a high rpm will result in more power.

Aggressive camshafts tend to decrease low rpm ve due to late-intake closing resulting from long durations causing intake reversion. At high rpm long duration will allow more air to enter the cylinder due to air having mass and continuing to flow in even after the cylinder has passed BDC and started the compression stroke.

sounds like you

In the first line i meant:

Camshaft is the main way to modify and dictate how VE varies through the rpm range.

At least I'm not a cucked europoor tho, feels good 2bh

while that is correct, a camshaft with bigger lobes does not only increase power at high rpm, especially not in the case of the 1zz, the camshaft installed in the stock 1zz is made for gas efficiency and nothing else, installing a bigger camshaft, even if its rather mild will increase power across the whole rev range

top kek, what a dumb cuck

refer to

refer to

refer to

refer to

refer to

refer to

refer to

refer to

dumb fuck

>mfw I fucked it up

well, you fuck dogs you fucking skunkfucker so I win by default

refer to

refer to

refer to

refer to

refer to

Supercharge using SC14 you mong

refer to

>not fond of turbo lag

>gt28rs
>what is turbo lag

refer to

refer to

i can't continue, going to the bar.
I'll pick up when I get back if you're still here.
refer to

>ragequitting

sorry sweety I win

it doesn't matter anyway, you are a skunkfucker, so I win by default

I'll be back.
refer to

>I can't continue
>continues
furfaggot is obsessed

>I'll be back
I sincerly hope you don't, maybe try hitting up that canyon again, just go faster

not that it matters, you are a skunkfucker, I win by default

as a fellow 1zz owner.
If you want to hit 170-200 you'll have to rebuild almost everything
>1zz can be rebored to 2.0 but not more
>cams, pistons, crankshafts, flywheels, injectors, intake/exaust mods, ECU retune
That should give you 30, maybe 40 more.
But cost more than turbo.
On the other hand you can make the engine redline at 10k.
Unless you're driving MRS or elise, easiest way is to just lose weight.

>Mrcummy in his eternal saltiness over an Veeky Forums discord guy getting a car that is better than all of his, pretends everyone is that guy so he can feel better shitposting

Embarassing desu

There's only like 3 MRS dudes on Veeky Forums lmfao
Refer to

>"Daddy I'm here again, pls spank me again!!"

the absolute state of this furfaggot kek

I have a macroeconomics exam, if you want to humiliate yourself post nudes or something

he's allready humiliated believing everyone in 1zz is me kek
10/10 thread

>>gt28rs
>>what is turbo lag

I don't understand what this means. I'm not at all familiar with turbos though. Could you explain?

sorry if this is a stupid question or something

refer to enjoy your slow shitty worst gen MR that impressed you that it was faster than a rav4