Two-tone thread

Things that make Chip Foose go hmmm

What happened to factory two tone cars? For instance, the LS 430 was never offered in a 2 tone, but I just came across this on CL and damn, I really like it. I don't even like green, but this shit is sharp af.

cars no longer have that straight lower body line

this.

also this LS430 is bretty sexy

So sad. Bring it back!

This is my favorite combo. But that green over gold is a close second.

This looks pretty good. What would you call that, the pinstripe line?

anyone got metallic black and gray two tones?
Want to either do that to my SUV, or get white and black in the design of an ae86 trueno

Do truggs count?

Of course, RR will do anything you like, but Phantoms really lend themselves to 2 tone paint jobs.

of course, why not?

Green over gold is kind of rare, huh? It looks awesome though.

faggot

Why did you beat that car?

faggot

faggot

you are a bunch of fucking niggers.

Because he doesn't have a wife.

Why did you even post that POS in here?

eww

>I only smashed the rear window

god damn niggers.

>once upon a time, someone saw me in a dealership and loved me
>I gave them years of service and did my best to get them where they needed to go
>I didn't complain when they drove me on salty roads, it didn't hurt yet
>through the years, I got older and they got older too
>they couldn't afford to help me when I got sick, so they parked me here
>kids threw rocks at me and broke all my glass
>my owners have forgotten me, but I have not forgotten them. I sit and remember days where we drove down the freeways, with the windows down, the breeze on my face....

I think the 98-00 LS400 looks better:
Not as aerodynamic but the LS was never meant for fuel economy.

faggot

I agree, the prior gen LS looks sleeker. 430's have kind of a fat Yakuza vibe. Not that I don't like that either, just the last gen 400's look so smooth.

It looks cheap and tacky to me

But you do what you like ᶠᵅᵐ

just foose my shit up senpai

>It looks cheap and tacky to me
>posts the cheapest, tackiest, literal plastic garbage tier Aztek

Way to pick a cherry, user.

ok is this better? This is a $90,000 AUD car. Still looks like some cunt painted black rubber stone paint on the lower portion

Sorry. This better?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GM

kek

OP here, I never claimed ALL two-tone jobs looked good.

Also, what's with the shitposting? Are we being raided again?

How has no one mentioned the pinnacle of two-tone design in a classic sports car? Personally, my favorite car of all time.

>doesn't follow any discernible body line

Well, yeah, it does look like some cunt slapped on some shit.

What was it with GM and grey plastic body panels? Was it supposed to look "tough" or something?

Yeah. I love mine. Never selling it. The paint is going from sitting in the sun and the leather was neglected by my parents. Some day I'm going to pay someone to reupholster all of the dried/cracked leather in the car with the highest quality materials/worksmanship I can find and try to do the best possibly respray in the current (OEM) color.

It only has 90k miles on it. I'm going to drive it and maintain as long as I possibly can. Lots of memories in this car.

I don't blame you. The weird thing about these is they're (it's probably a stretch to say this) becoming somewhat classic? I've get compliments on my car every so often, which to me is weird. I mean, there are people in my community with some of the coolest shit and every once in a while someone will stop and say nice things about a 17 year old Japanese luxoboat. Feels nice.

>tfw you have a ucf10 and it isn't two tone

I think it's because despite its age it feels just as relevant today as it did in 2000. It's undeniable that technology has moved on, but engine technology hasn't improved by huge leaps and bounds.

I love the driving experience too. It's so simple and uncomplicated compared to modern cars that feel like constant distractions. I just stuck a phone on with a vent mount for GPS and a cassette to bluetooth adapter. Not the best thing in the world but it's more than enough for me.

>$90,000 AUD car

Actual ausfag here, no it isn't. Maybe it is if it's been imported in Murrica.

Hah! I did practically the same thing! The display on my radio was going bad so I got a new display from Pioneer (that's who made them for Lexus) and sent it off to be installed. The guys who did it also put in an AUX jack on the back of the unit. I plugged in a bluetooth adapter and ground loop isolator into that and voila, everything a modern car has.

The only exposed parts are these and a discreet little button on the face of the stereo.

I was thinking about switching to a true aux port setup some day. The adapter is a little scratchy sometimes and I have to manually power up the adapter when I start the car. The radio display and the clock are also starting to lose segments but I don't use the clock and the radio has only lost one segment. Ideally the whole setup would power itself up on startup and stay stealthy like yours.

Any advice on how to just replace the displays?

The service manual for the Pioneer stereo is online, I don't recall where I found it. Pioneer still has parts support for these so it isn't really a problem. I took a look at the manual and it didn't look like swapping in a new display was going to be that hard, but I was sending it off to have the AUX port done anyway so I asked if they would do it for me. They did, no charge.

The AUX port added in cost me $100, the Kinivo BT adapter and ground loop isolator were less than $50. All I really had to do was drill a couple of holes for the wires, cut the wires and feed them through the holes and splice them back together behind the console. The end result was really good. There is a touch of alternator whine at higher volumes, but I'm OK with it. If I wanted to I could go directly from the headphone jack to the AUX and eliminate that, but it isn't enough to bother. Besides, I hate dangling wires.

I think I can live with the mildly shitty audio quality of the cassette adapter but I want to fix the LCDs at some point. And the cracked wood/wearing leather of the steering wheel. I also got another trunk/fuel door switch because the plastic on my somehow broke to pieces.

I think there's also somehow a gouge in the front bumper from a rock thrown by another car. I might have to replace it with a new one and get it painted with new PPF and new fog light lenses as the current ones are definitely tired and I can see the heat fractures on the inside of them.

When I get some time I'm definitely going to start cleaning up the engine bay too. Some day I might get some PPE Engineering headers to get a little more power if I get to another timing belt service. Lexus used a very simple log style exhaust header which is poorly tuned for exhaust scavenging.