Tfw parents give you "the talk" about how I'm buing a car that has too much power and I'll kill myself or in the best...

>tfw parents give you "the talk" about how I'm buing a car that has too much power and I'll kill myself or in the best case scenario spend a fortune on fixing it and the fuel
>all I'm looking for it pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6083029253.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tell them it has less power than a camry

this

*starts vaping*

I'm not american

>user that looks like a race car.
>It's too fast for you to handle.

>avensis*

If you're paying for it, it's in your name, and your insurance, they can fuck right off.

If they have any form of money involved in it, get over it and get a sensible car because very few parents help their kids this way.

It's not slower though. My parents have an Avensis.

Tell them to fuck off and that the 4WD is safer and superior than the 2WD.

I did that but they still think I want to get the car to just abuse it and 200-something hp is gonna kill me.

They're probably right to be frank.
Anyways, so who's paying for it?

Me for the most part. Like 90% of it.

That's kinda gay, can you really not muster up the remaining 10% and do whatever you want?

Why don't you just get a car that's only 90% of the price of the one your looking at?

I want an AWD 200hp+ car in a decent condition. I'll pay as much as I can but my parents agreed to pay me 10% more basically so that I get a better condition one.

Well they obviously haven't if we're having this thread.

Reminds me of a craigslist ad I saw recently where mummy sold his son's auto eclipse because it had a body kit so therefore it was too fast.

I gotta see this

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6083029253.html

Oh I just realized it's a manual, his last car was the autotragic, but he doesn't like that it's manual which only makes it more pathetic.

>seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6083029253.html
It's as beautiful as I had hoped
Ty

Are you buying it with your own money?

>eclipse
>fast
How fucking dumb is his mother and how dumb is he that he let her convince him to sell it lmao

>be britbong
>buy an old e39 540i
>average car here is a 1.6 or 2.0 diesel
>everyone thinks it is some tyre shredding monster because it is a 4.4
>gfs parents take me aside and say I have to be careful driving her about in "an extremely powerful car"
>parents berate me for not being sensible and taking out a 48 month lease on some ecobox
>people at work think I am being paid too much even though it only cost £2k
>can't fathom how I can afford to run something with such a big engine
>what is depreciation
>it still does 30mpg
>it isn't even that fast
>just a comfy couch on wheels that goes pretty well
I fucking hate how ignorant people are about cars here

It goes for all of Europe, I'm afraid. People seem to think that taking a loan for a shitbox will be much more cost effective than buying used.

That said, half of beamers sold here are scam imports from germany with fake mileage and service history, but you can still find other good solid cars that won't depreciate as much and save a fortune compared to buying a new shitbox.

As a mainland European I completely understand you, 95% of people here treat cars as an appliances that get you from A to B capable of consuming as less fuel as possible, if you have something bigger than a 2.0 or more with 4 cylinders you will perplex them. Literally, they will be so dazed as it's difficult for them to phantom any older car or anything with a bigger engine. My friends literally started mocking me for driving a 2.5 Vectra (mind you, they were mocking me for driving a 2.5 V6, not a fucking Vectra which also appears bone stock) and cracking subtle jokes as why I need such a big V6. This is the mentality of clueless Europeans regarding cars.

They are right about the motorbike thing.

I remember my dad gave me that talk when I was 19 and hell bent on buying a c4
>tfw I took his advice and bought an econobox
>tfw 24 now and still haven't owned a fast car
Don't listen to them bro, buy the car YOU want, not your parents!

come to america where people driving a new ford f150 look at your 7 year old corvette and say "man i wish i could afford a car like that"

my parents never gave me that talk.. i drove a 7 series in high school and when i was talking about buying my first bike my dad talked me out of anything smaller than 600cc

Are you sure the talk wasn't about you being gay? Look at your choice in cars.

Also

>Sorry about your vaping problem

At least with the econobox you have now you'll have saved up some good money and can buy the actual fast car you want rather than just getting whatever you can afford at the time

this
People drool over my 14 year old car. They also seem to think it's new.

the point of the story is some people are not allowed to buy a sports car that's probably more than half the price ?

>I'm complaining because my parents love me and would be worried even if i drove a smart car.

Count your blessings faggot.

>Tfw driving a 6.3L VF SS
>All my mates still give me shit for driving a commodore
Fuck off cunts, I like my comfy car.

Pretty sure the only thing that will fuck you over in the end is the insurance

I'm assuming you're an under 20 male. Insurance loves them some under 20 males.

that's not why they sold it. they sold it because their son wouldn't drive it because it's a manual.

My 95 eclipe would reach ~270 kmh so i wouldn't call it [not fast]

Maybe they just wanted you to die in an accident

>My eclipse could go 168mph
cool story, bro

Fuck you, mom. I'll wrap myself around a tree if I want.