Why can't cars just have spacious engine bays, that includes an engine that has easily accessible parts?

Why can't cars just have spacious engine bays, that includes an engine that has easily accessible parts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0kEZl_eK8Ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because that's not a selling point.

it's not a selling point

most (read 99.9%) arent getting a new car to wrench it.

same applies to motorcycles. some bikes are nightmare to work on.

A lot of this

Less space used on the engine = space you can either not use and make the car lighter and more compact, or space you can use to make the interior more roomy

The average buyer does not service or do anything on their own car, they cant even find the latch for the hood. They do not care whats beneath it, how it looks or what goes on in there

This is not mine, but I have the same engine.
Ecotecs are pretty easy to work on.

But they do! You just need the right car...

>they cant even find the latch for the hood.
I took my Mercedes-Benz to Auto Zone a couple weeks ago to get a new headlight bulb and the guy had the fucking nerve to ask me if I knew how to open the hood, even suggesting he'd find it for me and me not to worry about it.

I wanted to smack him across his faggot face but he seemed like he was already tired and bored of life and didn't give any fucks as it was.

Is that an automatic?

>Less space used on the engine = space you can either not use and make the car lighter and more compact, or space you can use to make the interior more roomy
designing engine + engine bay for ease of access or maintenance not only costs extra $$$ and time but also hinders sales.

why would one engineer a device that works 10-20-50 years?

Thats true. Cheapest way to manufacture is just to throw it all in.

The extra labor in the workshop will just be paid by the chump owning it

Unfortunately it's more than reasonable to assume that everyone is a helpless baby these days.

the funny thing is most devices nowadays are engineered to fail, starting from 80% of SMPS where capacitors are going bad short after warranty expires, common household items, cars, whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=0kEZl_eK8Ws

Heh, AvE... my favorite channel

Damn that actually looks pretty nice. Most cars I have worked on have very little room between the radiator/radiator fans and the frontside of the engine with the alternator/power steering/ac/water pump belts. Looks like you could fit a body in that space.

planned obsolescence.

The average person doesn't even know how to change their oil. In their eyes it would just be unnecessarily making the car larger.

Because it makes cars bigger, heavier and less aerodynamic causing higher fuel consumption and lower manouverability.

You dont have to have a boat car for more space. Just put less unnecessary shit in it.

I wish they made stripped down bare bones cars for people who want to do their own maintaining, and don't care about modern conveniences, but I know I'm dreaming.

It's less space efficient. Engine bays are meticulously crafted to have as much crumple space as possible with minimal overall size.

Well you're too inept to install your own headlight bulb, what did you expect?
>letting vatozone touch your car

>took my Mercedes-Benz to Auto Zone
I didn't know Auto Zone had the computer necessary to tell the car new headlight fluid was installed.

How can you tell? I don't think it is. My one isn't.

yeh there's heaps of space there as they come with LS engines too so having the ecotec in there makes for a lot of spare room.

buy an old mustang if you want those things.

That does look quite spacious

Mine is, well... kinda cheating. 2.5 i4 diesel with no AC, ABS, anything electronic except the CDI, small turbo and so on

Because all the euro brands can shake their customers down harder for more money if they make the car miserable to work on.
On top of everything being so tightly crammed in there they also make the parts out of cheap fragile plastics that are engineered to break after being exposed to heat & oils for too long.
Only a completely shilled over cuck would happily buy this shit and think its good.