What was his fucking problem

what was his fucking problem

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HtVrYVOxD7s
anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/06/in-persona-christi-capitis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>greatest writer on Christology who ever lived
What do you mean "problem"? Are you a Nestorian?

Is Saint Cyril the only one depicted wearing that hat? I always recognize his icons by it.

I'm fairly certain that it's just one of those Coptic caps with a different pattern, so yeah.

>sandnigger
He was a Greek

I'm Eastern Orthodox and he's always wearing it in our icons. You can that icon there is Eastern Orthodox style, not Coptic, although I'm sure he wears it in their icons too, ofc

bad bitches

He was from Alexandria, and it's just a style of cap. Anthony the Great is depicted wearing something like it it in EO icons.

I'm EO too.

Why don't you guys convert to Christianity instead?

But it doesn't look like on Cyril icons, pointed like that. I guess it must be, the point isn't visible. And it doesn't have that clerical pattern of crosses

Orthodox is the Christianity that Jesus Christ established, so that's the kind we go with.

>Orthodox is the Christianity that Jesus Christ established
No that was Protestantism. Read ur bible

>Orthodox is the Christianity that Jesus Christ established

>Orthodoxy
>Not Abraham'd babylon paganism

youtube.com/watch?v=HtVrYVOxD7s

>rather than sects reconciling their differences and appreciating their vast similarities, they dislike each other than literally anything else
I will never, ever, EVER, understand this meme.

>posts orthocentric infographic
That's adherence to 'tradition' for you.

kek

Jesus made Peter the rock for the church, as a stand in for Jesus. Peter was the first pope, the current pope is a successor.

Orthobros need to chill

>1500 years after jesus

Peter's role was in founding the Church, "Peter" is a title for a specific person, not a distinct office (1 Peter 5:1). He didn't say Peter's chair is the rock.

>seventh day adventists
>1780

they weren't founded until the 1860s

More accurate that they'd all be cut-off. Otherwise is gives the impression of Branch Theory

which of the 33 000 denominations?

But logically it follows that if Peter stands in a role of leadership within the church and then passes it on upon death, then his successor so claims that role of leadership, metaphorical or not (concerning the "keys of the kingdom of heaven").

The pope is not a spiritual leader of any sort; nothing more than the successor of Peter in the role of tending the flock after Jesus.

Don't you know? Christians have been hoofing around going hallelujah since the dawn of time.

>Certainly the other Apostles also were what Peter was, endued with an equal fellowship both of honour and power; but a commencement is made from unity, that the Church may be set before as one; which one Church, in the Song of Songs, doth the Holy Spirit design and name in the Person of our Lord: My dove, My spotless one, is but one; she is the only one of her mother, elect of her that bare her

>Our Lord whose precepts and warnings we ought to observe, determining the honour of a Bishop and the ordering of His own Church, speaks in the Gospel and says to Peter, I say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and on this rock I will build My Church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven. Thence the ordination of Bishops, and the ordering of the Church, runs down along the course of time and line of succession, so that the Church is settled upon her Bishops; and every act of the Church is regulated by these same Prelates

The Unity of the Catholic Church [A.D. 251], by Saint Cyprian

He's an egyptian from way before the chalcedonian schism happened.
Of course he'd look sorta like a modern copt.

No, you are both wrong.
Peter's honours were transferred to his see, but every bishop is in persona Christi.

Doesn't help that patristics say, depending on who you read, that the keys of Peter got passed to.
a)all the bishops;
b)Rome;
c)all 3 petrine sees;

>After the reading of the foregoing epistle, the most reverend bishops cried out: This is the faith of the fathers, this is the faith of the Apostles. So we all believe, thus the orthodox believe. Anathema to him who does not thus believe. Peter has spoken thus through Leo. So taught the Apostles. Piously and truly did Leo teach, so taught Cyril. Everlasting be the memory of Cyril. Leo and Cyril taught the same thing, anathema to him who does not so believe. This is the true faith. Those of us who are orthodox thus believe. This is the faith of the fathers.

Since the keys mean the power to absolve of sin (it says it right in the verse), and Christ gives that power to all the Apostles in Matthew 18:18, it's clear all bishops have it. The keys are not some sort of power over dogma, bishops don't have that, the job of bishops is preserve Christ's teachings in their entirety and pass them down.

The Church Fathers were pretty unanimous, they only seem otherwise because their words get taken out of context by Catholic apologetics. For instance, the aforementioned Saint Cyprian is often quote as a support for Papal supremacy, even from the same work these paragraphs are quoted from, but it's done by selectively quoting him out of context. Even Saint Augustine, who is used for Papal support, went further in the other direction than most Church Fathers: he actively doubted whether Christ was referring to Peter when he said "On this rock," although Saint Augustine said that he wouldn't heavily protest interpreting the rock as Peter and didn't see anything wrong with it, he felt it wasn't intended that way. I personally think Peter is the rock intended, but as a title, not an office. All Apostles are rocks (Revelations 21:14), but Peter is Rock as a name because he personified that. Just like he is the bishop, he personifies bishops, but he doesn't have a distinct office from them (1 Peter 5:1). The Pope's diocese is Rome, not the whole Church. He was never called Bishop of the World.

Peter speaking through Pope Leo is a stand-in for saying the Apostles speak through him (since Peter is often seen as the personfication of the Apostolic office, being the first to given it). It's not saying he had any higher office than a regular bishop or a special authority, Leo's Tome was thoroughly vetted by the Council before approval

>Let the most holy Asiatic and Pontic bishops who have signed the tome just read say whether they gave their signatures of their own judgment or compelled by any necessity.

>ever bishop is in persona Christi
"every bishop is Christ in person"

Yeah, Orthodox think it's bullshit to
anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/06/in-persona-christi-capitis.html

>sand nigger

He was based and his Refutation of Nestorius is 10/10

Also, only muslims are sandniggers.