/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements have been deployed
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-J4LCR2mo
youtube.com/watch?v=vShe76Zb85o
youtu.be/KpxWwvhfnRs?t=6m13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Valk is best waifu.

>play casual
>be slightly trash
>damn near carry the team but not really gud yet
>average atleast 2 to 3 kills a round for a change
>last round
>rest of the team gets fucking annihilated
>shitlord gets butthurt every chance he gets
>"you have the reaction time of a retard"
>unironically played tachanka on defense
>died before we even started breaching
Is this what playing codkids is like?

i bought the ugly summer hatt with glasses for frost tho
im just THAT guy
i prefer stupids hats rather than the edgy shit with skulls and chains most of the operator hats, and the few "lore" friendly ones are barely even noticeable

Technically you all fell for the ubisoft meme so calling each other shills in a ubisoft game general will do us no help

>Casual
Stopped there

That's not Frost though.

Does anyone else hate that the ranking system only takes wins and losses into account? Why am I getting fucking deranked even further when my team was so bad that after two rounds I was 4-2 and no one else on the team had a kill?

Her profile picture, yeah

>Accidently team killed a guy last night
>He was unranked and shit stats
>I was carrying this entire team
>2-2 last round
>Really wanted to win
>Round 3 he comes running at me
>Aims, fires, misses
>I shoot him out of reflex
>I've team killed before both accidental and intentionally
>Got banned for 24 hours
>FUCK
>On thin ice now, no idea what's next

Give it to me straight, Doc. What is in store for me if I accidently team kill.

Anyone down for some /newfriend/ hours? I'll be in the GEO channel for an hour or so if any fellow shitters want to join me.

Requesting a drawfriend to draw Hibana like Ryuuko.

look ma one hand

Should Glaz be nerfed or is he fine now?

New Glaz at long range is fine, but once he enters the building he can just start smoke cheesing and it starts to get really ridiculous really quickly. There's practically no counter play to it.
Some easy solutions:
>Make his thermal act on an limited time activation (4 seconds or so), with a cooldown, instead of constantly
>Give it a sound cue on activation that can be heard in close range to give defenders additional anticipation for a smoke peek
>Maybe even give it a slight yellow glow that can be slightly seen through smoke in close range, but is dim enough at long range to be barely visible

Or take his smokes so he needs help from his teammates

Why would the scope glow? That's retarded.

they did that with thermite so i see why they wouldnt do it with glaz

I don't know yet. I don't think people should be so sure after only 2 days.

Overall I like ths change. May need a little tweaking, but I like it.

Also, is it just me or is the accuracy on his sniper now wonky? Sometimes I swear I'm hitting people who are only 15m out, then die, then see that I may have only hit them once. It's odd.

for balance, dummy
Ash and Thermite being already viable picks with smoke doesn't alleviate the issue too much.
Even with that hindrance, once the smokes are deployed and Glaz is peeking through or from within them, what can you do about it? There's still no counter play to the strategy once it's put into action.

he /r6g/ do you hear that?

it's MY time!

youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-J4LCR2mo

nah dude, you probably suck like the rest of the community.

cringe

>ryuuko

Castle buff : remote Explosive bulletproof barricades.

ok which one of u cringy fuckers is this! U LOST US THE GAME U KEK

>"u"
>"cringy"
>"U KEK"
Get out of here you preteen fuck.

They took breaching charges from Thermite because they didn't want him to be a swiss army knife. Thermite already has a crucial role, while Glaz is only worth taking for his killing power. I don't think taking smokes away should be the answer.

Found him. why is ur stats so shit?

What is that, a sword?

Why would you try and call someone out here?

Are you posting your own profile for sympathy?

>breaching charges
nigger im talking about grenades

you could easily throw one inside a room and destroy mute or bandit gadgets without the help of mute or twitch

Not him mouthbreather.
Yeah. It's a "cultural" thing.

fuk u mom im dropping out of middle skool im gonna be a pro gamr and utuber like searingtitty15

I think next is a week ban iirc, I'm not sure what the cooldown period is between bans.

Why would the back of a curved sword be sharp enough to rend flesh?

My point still stands. Thermite is better off without either of them.

let me ask again, why are u so shit?

pic related fucktard

It's a sword designed to be sharp on the concave side, I think it's made for what the guy was doing with it.

>last player alive v 3
>get rushed from different angles and killed
>team killed next round by team mates who roamed

what is the fucking logic?

and this is me
fucking doesn't prove anything fucktard. anyone can look at a profile dumbass.

im going to do this meme for r6g but who i should replace ashley and leon with? valkyrie and blackbeard? im not that well versed on r6g meme lore

and i agree user, but for the same reason they should remove smoke grenades off glaz

>buck has a gadget for quick short range breaching
>give him an assault rifle with unreal recoil and a DMR

Leon as Thermite

Ashley as Hibana

>doesn't check filenames
newfag detected, now fuck off you little shit.

>filename
u dumbfuck anyone can manipulate that. You are actually retarded.

this would actually be pretty good seeing as how hibana could have a crush on him but thermite doesn't see her the same way since he's like her teacher.

Again, Glaz's only tool is his destructive power, which can already be achieved by most attackers. There was a reason to limit Thermite's abilities, but Glaz doesn't have anything else to provide his teammates since he doesn't have enough ammo to destroy cover AND spray at enemies. His gun's properties should be tweaked to discourage the use of the flip sight at close ranges.

And Twitch and Echo.

I think Echo should be Leon since he's an otaku who isn't into 3DPD, not sure who the girl should be, though.

More like Thermite has little of his humanity left

mew operator who sets up bombs in destructible items around the map,

>melee beer bottle
>it explodes
>hit toilet paper
>it explodes
>melee chair
>it explodes

I think you heavily underestimate the role of killing that plays in siege; it's not nearly as tactical as everyone here likes to believe it to be

glaz being a powerhouse that can get a pick outside and flush people out through smokes inside is important enough to the team that even without a utility gadget he's still really good

could be Twitch

>Glaz's only tool is his destructive power
Not anymore. Have you not seen how easy it is to cheese with Glaz when you fill a room with smokes? There's literally nothing you can do about it as a defender.
I'm all for taking his smokes away so that it at least requires teamwork, but with how many other commonly picked ops with smokes as an option there are, it still doesn't remove this cheese power from him.

I'm thinking Thermite's interested in nothing but explosives, and is incredibally dense to any type of fliration or romantic advances otherwise.

Kapkan and Frost?

>Implying Kapkan wouldn't be into it

I wish I could see community's win/loss rates because of these changes. With Jackal messing with roamers and Glaz abusing campers, it must have some effect.

They just keep tweaking and adding attackers so that they can counter almost every playstyle defenders could possibly have
>Want to roam? They might have a Jackal
>Want to point defend? Oh wait, they might have a Fuze, or Buck/Sledge upstairs to destroy our vertical cover we'll have to have roamers upstairs, but wait what about Jackal?
>Want to keep them from getting into the building so they can do either of those things? Well Glaz is going to kill you for that now.
>Well what can we do then?
Game is becoming more and more attacker sided as time goes on. Since there's a general bias due to new players having a harder time on Attack early on too, the community feedback doesn't reflect this well.

counter : just dont fucking meele anything

>New players have a harder time on attack

I just play Fuze and turkroach it up or play Thatcher and push MMB once for my Thermite.

overused

>Hey wow user we did pretty well
>wanna party up and play another?
:3

>when you cover a downed teammate as a shield op with hip fire so another teammate can pick them up
Operator as fuck desu.

yeah thats how they get you.

youtube.com/watch?v=vShe76Zb85o

I would like to play with some nice people on the teamspeak if that's alright.

>there are people in this thread that peek with an ACOG
get with the times

There are a lot of things you can do about it as a defender. You can have an ADS, you can set up traps, you can use an intel based operator to get a better idea of where he is, or you can stall the smokes out by preparing a toxic babe after he chucks them or even spraying at the door/window to discourage him. That's not to say I think he's perfectly fine, but the best option will be to just tweak him directly, whether it means increasing his ADS time, giving his scope a cooldown, nerfing his damage, or making his thermal scope smaller so he has to look at his enemies directly to see them.

I just got this gold in game today .

>Be Ubisoft
>have the website that shows win/loss rates and pick rates per team
>get salty as fuck that people are making quantified, data driven arguments on your forums, reddit, Veeky Forums and all over the internet about what needs to be fixed
>people get fucking salty posting numbers about how pulse went from 9% to 20% pick rate
>instead of fixing the obviously fucked up shit that not only your own data points out, but your entire community is pointing out and suggesting fixes FOR YOU
>just take down the site

Ubisoft literally sweeping dirt under a rug

>Buck with a breaching shotgun attachment on a long range shotgun

>enemy player TKs 2 of his teammates and gets kicked when they go 0-2
Is it autism?

Yeah, I think he should be tweaked directly. That was my point.
The cooldown, sound cue, yellow glow, anything to make cheesing with him through smokes non-viable in more situations would be fine. ADS' can only stop two grenades each, up to six, and you can have anywhere up to nine or twelve of them in a single team comp of viable operators.
I agree, I think the capacity to fuck people through smokes now is too good, and it needs to be tuned down.

Literally every ranked game I've played as an unranked has been a complete and utter one-sided stomp against my team.

First game was three members of my team abandoning after the first round and every one since has been plat clanners just shitting on my unranked team.

I just want to play with people who aren't retarded but do make mistakes.

Same. I've fallen all the way from Gold II to Bronze III because my teams are garbage.

I only played one ranked game today and I was 4-2 through two rounds while the rest of my team had a combined 0 kills. We got swept.

I'm not good enough to carry, Ubi. Plz help. I can't fall to copper.

>There's practically no counter play to it.
Jager?

>Jager has infinite ADS to put all over the map

Yeah, that counters smokes themselves, but what can you do to fight Glaz once the smokes are deployed? ADS' aren't indestructible, you can shoot them, and the Attackers have more than enough smokes to use up the Magpies before they run out of smokes in situations where they're out of line of sight.
This is almost the same shit as Blackbeard, except you actually just can't see the guy shooting at you with a texture hack.

>new defensive operator
>holds a fan out to clear smokes from rooms
>has synergy with smoke as he gan direct toxic gas with his fans
>can clear room of glaz smoke

ubi fucking hire me

>mfw noticing people don't really know how to deal with an aggressive blitz

>Siege turns into Overwatch, where operators all act as direct counters to another, except you can only pick them pre round
>this means only a select pool of operators that end up at the logical top of the food chain will ever be picked
Sounds like a great meta

castle pls

polish attack operator will be arabian medic refugee

just shoot through his shield?

People tend to get spooked when any shield op is approaching them and firing wildly even if they are aware of the bug. I even had a Cav flee from me when I flashed her and started following her.

Uhhh I thought that I got the regular edition of Seige. Why can't I see any operators. Bought it from cdkeys.com

thats already how it is m8

How do I spawn kill as jager

Because you have to unlock operators in the regular edition you dip

they do have a similar edgelord look now that i think about it

C U C K E D

You have to buy operators even with the standard edition. It's just that they're far, far, far cheaper with the standard edition. Trust me, you'll have all the good ops in like 4 hours and all of them within 10.

RUN AT THEM AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT

>run to top floor real fast
>open window
>get a nut busted on your face by glaz

How would one change Bandit's battery to be a unique gadget instead of just a shittier jammer 99% of the time? Bandit tricking shouldn't be his only purpose.

like this

youtu.be/KpxWwvhfnRs?t=6m13s

Who's getting an Elite skin next?

At first I thought they were going to do one per CTU, but now that the GIGN has two, I guess that's not the case.

We literally don't know. They'll most likely do all the base operators first before the DLC operators get theirs

BETTER BE FUCKING GSG9!

only with shit like Thermite/Thatcher, Bandit and Mute,
IQ and Pulse/Valk are present too, but IQ just isn't picked enough is all

all your operators belong to castle now