Car Insurance

How much do y'all pay in insurance br/o/s?

I am going to start looking around for quotes to see what I would have to pay.

>Texas
>Arrest for racing on the freeway
>'92 Foxbody
>23

>Alabama
>23
>Military
>2017
> $85 a month for full coverage.

>Norway
>nothing ever except for a crash on a motorcycle at 16, and ditching my mothers Saab at 18 because retardation
>2003 Toyota Hilux
>$38 per month according to the last currency value, with 8000 miles/12000km and liability + fire, theft and glass damage

about tree fiddy

>24
>first car
>mid engined sportscar
>10+years old
>30 a month.

> California
> Suspended license on
> 1 reported accident
> 10' GMC Canyon
> $347/month
Life is suffering

>Norway
>2011 E90 325i
>29
>5300nok/year - 52usd/month full coverage

>ohio
>25
>2011 speed3
>one accident, determined not at fault thanks to drunk driver rear ending me. License was suspended at the time thanks to bmv audit. Charges dropped due to showing proof of insurance to the officer and court, when I sent it into the bmv it got lost in the mail due to recent move resulting in the suspension earlier.
>still effects me I guess, 110 full coverage a month

Okay glad someone else in California reported in. I have no record I'm 21 and pay $98 a month for just one car... don't get me started on my bike

> France
> 27
> Shitty 1.2l Corsa B
> 27 yurobucks third party coverage

Liability or Full coverage?

>Germany
>Nothing
>Nissan 370Z
>29
>66% accident-free (12 years) discount
>90€/month for comprehensive

>Arkansas
>Multiple Tickets, One wreckless driving in school zone (no where near a school, gerrymandering fucks), wrecked car on interstate
> '01 Tahoe Z71, 95 Miata
> 25yr
> $750 every 6 months

$85.33 / month for 2016 Malibu LTZ (fully loaded) in Seattle city with true full boat and $100 deductible (yes, one hundred) and above average coverage since I wanted enough for a multiple car collision where one of the cars was one of the expensive cars I see around. Otherwise, my coverage would be lower cost if my deductible was a lot higher. It's extravagant, but to me, insurance is not so much about being practical as it is about Peace of Mind. I have no accidents, zero criminal history, no speeding tickets in the past 3 years, and solid credit, but was told the city makes costs higher due to car prowls.

My full boat covers myself, underinsured drivers, uninsured drivers, and phantom drivers. I was surprised at phantoms being listed and the agent told me it was the category of the car being driven, gets an accident, but no one knows or admits who drove it.

As usual, the policy does not cover anyone else driving the car with permission. The insurance agent and I laughed since the "phantom driver" coverage would be for that situation. Apparently, that category was created with that in mind? Well, I have phantom coverage although I don't need it. That's what happens when I'm lazy and just say give me the full boat battleship coverage without caring about the cost. Reasonable tows and roadside troubles are included so I'd call the insurance company instead of AAA for such services.

>Alabama
>Age 27
>'95 Miata
>One ticket 4 years ago
>$65 / month full coverage

>Missourah
>Age 21
>94 Miata
>No tickets
>$47 / month minimum

who do you have?

Progressive. At the time of the wreck I had a little agency called bakers through cincinnati insurance company.

also have progressive and i'm 24, no accidents and for full coverage on my mazda 3 2015 it'd be $133 a month.

>Onterrible, Leafistan
>2016 Fiesta ST
>175/month
>22

>Montana
>20
>no accidents
>'95 Toyota Pickup
>barebones liability coverage: $120/month

Hmm, I wonder if it'd because of the supposed drop off that happens when you turn 25. Could also be our coverages tho, I put a good amount into bodily harm and all that but you could have more. Could also be the years of the car. But I'd also think turbod car would jack mine up a little.

>I put a good amount into bodily harm and all that but you could have more
yeah it's was just an automatic quote i got on progressive, i didn't really change any of the numbers.

>Texas
>23
>$100 monthly for insurance in my mom's name

Lol just had to get something to get off the lot?

>89 325is
>18
>One ticket, did traffic school
>One accident, 3 points
>Just paid it, haven't gotten any letters from State Farm
I'm worried senpai. How much will my insurance go up?

oh sorry i didn't actually buy the car or insurance, it was just a quote lol. probably shoulda specified that.

>22
>$48 month
>full coverage
>Texas

>18
>88 LX Hatch Mustang
>~$53.75 a month
>96 Ford contour
>$38 a month

no claims or tickets, I don't remember what discounts

>Arizona
>33
>2016 Hellcat
>05 lelica
>full coverage on both
>$160 a month for both
I was with progressive until I bought the Hellcat. Progressive wanted $150 a month just for the Hellcat, but State Farm only wanted $118 for the same coverage. I don't know why there was such a big difference in pricing, but oh well.

>oh sorry i didn't actually buy the car or insurance, it was just a quote lol. probably shoulda specified that.

That doesn't really count then. Progressive is one of those companies that starts off low and tapers upwards for some people. A friend of mine who had progressive for a year and a half with an ordinary non-sporty car had his rate move up from $110 per month (the time of the first quote) up to $138.per month despite having no accidents, tickets, etc. One would think after a year and a half of no claims and no tickets his rate wouldn't jump up so much.

It makes me wonder if some companies start low in order to compete for your business. Then once you signed on with them, they raise the rates as fast as they think won't scare you off. It's sort of like a gradual hood wink or gradual bait and switch or whatever that term is.

>Cuckafaglia
>22
>drz400
>$33/mo for excellent coverage

daily reminder that taking rider courses gives you better rates on insurance, as does not having any tickets ever

>South Florida
>24
>2008 kia shitbox
>perfect driving record
>105 a month for liability
>cheapest I could find
All the old fucks here constantly crashing raises rates.

>26
>3-4 speeding tickets
>1 accident
>$90/month full coverage
>4 cylinder shitbox
California

>Progressive.
Some of the major insurance companies may subcontract the first year of new clients through progressive. That's a check to verify that the client is not one of those accident-prone types rejected from another company.

>Germoney
>Car is registered as a fleet vehicle for my company
>'17 Focus ST
>€800 a year full coverage

My dad pays about 3500 a year for a chevy volt, honda pilot, bmw 328i, and a 350z with 3 listed drivers. Whole lot cheaper than my brother and I getting insurance individually

>Houston
>2014 V6 Mustang
>no accidents or tickets, 25
>Fucking $160/mo for comp
I'm getting jewed and it's bullshit. I may call and say I identify as a woman, gib lower rates you bigots

>West virginia
>22
>No accidents or tickets yet
>1999 Toyota avalon
>$60 a month for liability

I was with geico before i switched to a local insurance company. Those kikes were charging me nearly $150 a month for just liability.

>Those kikes were charging me nearly $150 a month for just liability.
Geico wasn't just overcharging you to make a profit, but to drive you away. Their method is to legally shed customers by making them voluntarily quit instead of the company cancelling their policy. Of course, if the customer stays, Geico makes an obscene amount of money.

Geico's method has been to skim the cream of the crop. They recruit as many policy holders as they can, and then get rid of them by upping the rates. If they stay, it is obscene profits. If they leave, not only do the other companies get their cream customers poached, the discarded customers drag down the competing insurance companies with claims. Either way, Geico wins by ending up with a portfolio of mostly cream customers.

Why are cream customers so much better? They are much more predictable sources of stable profit. When you have a "guaranteed" stable base, you can take more risks elsewhere in investing the insurance funds. And that's what Berkshire Hathaway had done. Geico was its wholly owned bank but without charging the interest for investment capital that an actual bank would do.

>MA
>20
>no job, getting one during summer break
>04 Crv and access to mom's 08 camry and dad's 16 rav4
>200 a month to add me to their plan

>Oregon
>2017 Passat
>21
>USAA $103

>TX
>23
>literally got into a fender bender at work the day before I bought insurance for my car
>'10 subaru outback 3.6r limited
>159/mo for comprehensive

I also pay 72 bucks a year in motorcycle insurance for my 1994 DR650

Not so bad I guess but man did I feel retarded when I clipped that dude the day before I bought insurance

>Finland
>31
>Volvo s80 v8
>$25 for mandatory insurance + $17 additional full coverage in a month
>2 previous accidents and couple of speeding tickets

>'92 Foxbody
>Racing
This is a problem

>Michigan, third highest for auto insurance
>Driving since 16, not so much as a civil citation, 23 now
>00 Safari, 03' S10 Blazer
>$128 PLPD

>Florida
>19yo
>clean record
>350z
>$153

If you have OnStar, insurance companies can use it to give you discounts by monitoring your mileage, driving style, braking, use of signals for turns, accelerations, GPS locations, and hooning.

>Ontario, Canuck
>clean driving record
>absolute cheapest options
>80s family box
>$365/mo
Suffer together.

why are people so retarded to actually allow being tracked all the time?! It's like being cucked

I'm about to buy a car
>Slovenia
>22y/o
>first car
>2.8 V6 Passat - 142kW
Quotes from insurance companies range from 800-1200 eurobux/year for basic insurance and 2500-3000 eurobux/year for full coverage

The lawyer I hired had the case dismissed, so I'm not sure if it would show up on my record

>why are people so retarded to actually allow being tracked all the time
Because all new cars have built-in tracking devices now. They're more like rolling computers. Some cars sold in the USA have over 30 separate processor chips in them now.

GM has admitted that even if you don't subscribe to the OnStar system, it still "phones home" data about the car, its OBD2 data, and your driving. As to what your OnStar car knows about you, just remember that new GM cars are sold with a "Teen Driver" feature where the parent can set a passworded feature that reports on the car when it is loaned out to the teen drivers in the family. The car even generates a "report card" of the driving performance such as GPS location with times marked on a picture map, aggressive braking and acceleration, speeding (many major roads have known speed limits), were turn signals used, weaving in the lane, driving on the line, seat belts used, etc. Importantly, because it can report on the teen driver, that implies it can collect that data all the time for all drivers of that car. In order to make that data viewable on your smartphone browser, that means the data was phoned home by the car to GM's database, then the computers massaged out a report and scripted an interactive webpage for your smartphone to browse.

When you have your car services, they record the odometer and that gets reported to various database companies. So there is that kind of tracking too that insurance companies can obtain to get an idea of your mileage.

4 bikes $50/month
dd $140/month
jdm $280/month

i live in southern ontario, these are actually very good rates

>mfw

like $80 a month for liability from some backwoods insurance place. price of two duis my friends.

>SoCal
>no infractions
>'16 v6 camaro
>25

$160/month
Im told i got off lucky

>commiefornia
>24 y/o
>clean driving record
>13 hondour civic
>143/month, full coverage
>tfw still on parent's policy
I'm so fucked when I eventually move out and am forced to get my own policy

2 speeding tickets in the last year
95 f150 and 03 540i
$156 a month full coverage
07 Triumph Daytona, 02 Sv650
$56 a month basic.

>22
>AZ
$126 a month for my truck and MR2

It's not comprehensive but pretty close to it.

>forced
They only force you into bareback minimum liability which is dirt cheap.

And that's one of the reasons I do my own maintenance.

My tires pick up nails or screws, so I have to take it in to Sam's Club tire shop and have them dismount the tire so it can be patched. They record the odometer there. I buy tires at Sam's and of course they patch tires for free, recheck balance, and rotate too.

>why are people so retarded to actually allow being tracked all the time?
You have no choice. GM has OnStar, Toyota has EnTune, Kia has , and Mercedes.... The privacy laws were amended long ago because the public didn't care or said Stop Wearing Tinfoil Hat. So car systems are allowed to send GPS and other driving data back to the car maker or whoever holds the licenses for the collected car data.

Toyota and other car makers are working on a car apps system similar to apps on Android or Apple, but these apps will be completely controlled by the car makers consortium. The apps will collect data that can be sold or marketed to insurance firms, retailers, the government, or other corporations and databases. They don't want users connecting to car systems with android apps when they can have their own closed system apps to collect exclusive info about the car and its users.

Some of the collected data will be used to verify service records as well as warranty service needs. So if you pull up for service, the dealer may have an idea already of what is wrong once they check their dealer network database about your car.

It'll be more interesting if a divorce lawyer checks driving records and whose phones try to sync to the bluetooth. They actually don't need to sync since the failed access can be noted to identify who was trying. That will show who was in your car at that time.

>why are people so retarded to actually allow being tracked all the time?
Your cellphone does that already. So it's not like anything different if you take your phone with you when driving somewhere.

Idaho
1 speeding ticket, maybe 7 years ago? 8MPH over
E46 325i, C5 Corvette, 2003 Suburban
State Farm
$135/month

The stereotypes about Corvette drivers are true and the insurance rates reflect it.

UK
Clean licence
'14 BRZ
£280 per anum fully comp. Unlimited mileage, unlimited mods.

>Wisconsin
>Clean record, two accidents - both of which the other person was found at fault
>'02 VW Passat
>22
>$78/mo for full coverage

> California
> 21
> Only convicted for one speeding ticket(91 in a 65)
> One wreck
> One motorcycle stolen
> 2013 MV Agusta F3 675(primary)
$200ish a month
> 2015 Ford Escape 2.0 ecoboost
$70ish a month
> 2005 Mazda RX 8
$80ish a month

Full coverage on everything.

Early/mid 20s, Texas, $75 for full coverage on an old NSX, $50 for liability on an Integra.

>texas
>college discount
>19
>97 bmw 540i
>no tickets or accidents
>$108 monthly w geico

for just liability

> Florida man
> Clean record, not even tickets
> 23
> $217/mo
> e92 335i

Please help

>Car stops short in front of you
>Sensor detects hard braking
>Insurance rates go up cause you have a tendency to brake at the last second
>Nothin personnel...kid

Jesus fucking Christ.
>18
>Totalled car that wasn't mine.
>Full coverage
>$90 a month

>Commiefornia
>20
>$127 a month full coverage
>03 Xterra
>State farm

No at fault accidents. will apparently get a significant 3 year good driver discount in ~6 months according to my agent if I continue to not be a fuck up, which isn't hard given my car sounds like it'll blow itself up if I go any faster than 70

Yea i feel your pain miciganbro

>Michigan
>32
>2 cars
>17 Dodge Charger Scat Pack just gotten weeks ago
>05 Dodge Magnum R/T only have 64k miles
>Full coverage on both
>State farm with 1 Speeding Ticket doing 60 in a 55 freeway 2 years ago and victim of a hit and run with no insurance, cops caught driver, seen it happen, got the case number for insurance company to verify. Been with state farm for 8 years now.
> $273 a month for the 17 charger
> $206 a month for the 05 magnum
>not even in or near Detroit, Flint or Lansing, mainly the hood cities

I even shopped around, AAA wants 320 for the charger, Progressive wants 305, Geico wants 340, Allstate wants 350

An yes, this is telling State farm I am doing 7500 miles a year on the charger and 5000 on the magnum. Shits brutal. No wonder some people don't have insurance in this state.

NJ
2 accidents, 4 other cars fucked up
280 a month full
2015 Ram 1500

Could be worse since my insurance and car payment is 2 says of work per month.

>North Carolina
>24
>03 Pathfinder
>Only one at fault accident
>$30 a month

>NZ
>Nothing
>NA Miata
>26
>115/m full cov $250 excess

> Auckland, New Zealand
> 21
> 84 Volvo 244
> $90pa

Fuck you faggots

>poland
>2.5 v6 galant
>around 300$/year
>minimum coverage

Could be worse i think

>Per annum

Fuck off. Who the fuck are you with?

>France
>27
>7 years of driving without any crash or ticket
>2003 Peugeot 206 XS
>350€/year

Now
>Citroën 3DS THP
>660€/year

NSW Auscuck land
1 License Suspension
98 Civic
1500/pa for third party property and medical

>NJ (1 mile from NYC)
>27
>2016 CLA45 AMG
>100/month

Yoyoyo union city fag here I've probably seen your car. Where you at nigger? Edgewater?

>I was with geico before i switched to a local insurance company.
Geico is a tough insurance company to be with. It's great if you never have accidents. But they jew you as soon as there is any risk unless they are under quota that time period. But as soon as their algorithm quota is met, they remember to jew you as they had planned before.

>How much do y'all pay in insurance br/o/s?
Unfortunately, I pay more than I should since people hit and run me. Too many spics in this area. I know there are lots of illegal immigrants here and they always hit and run.

>PNW
>33
>2 speeding tickets
>93 Civic
>173 liability for the entire 6 months
>State Farm

>Geico
>Those kikes were charging me nearly $150 a month for just liability.
How else do you think Warren Buffett made all those billions of dollars of net profit each year? While State Farm can advertise with a jingle "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" year after year, no one would accept that kind of advertising for Geico.