/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Trusted the grapist:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted Ringed Knight armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
GameSpot gameplay (mostly same as above but with some extra stuff): youtube.com/watch?v=UpZD7l_LPmU
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtube.com/watch?v=G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtube.com/watch?v=UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP portion, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE portion, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay in ADP arena: youtube.com/watch?v=HFR6YZTlNz8
IGN PvP gameplay in Grand Archives arena: youtube.com/watch?v=CH-ZJfeO9iw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxdvr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Anyone else worried about all the DLC weapons with generic movesets?

Splitleaf, RKSS and Aquamarine already have pretty unique movesets. The doors are their own fucking class.

Apparently Harald lets you do the Yhorm smash, only as a combo.

ANGEL BOSS
ANGEL BOSS

WHO IS EXCITED FOR THE ANGEL BOSS?

Is the meta 120 or 125?

can anyone give me a quick run down on ringed knights

What's the most build to play the DLC blind with? I know the spoiled weapons, but not their scalings or anything. So would quality be the best?

Was going to get the character to SL80~ or so and go through the DLC in NG.

>Is the meta 120 or 125?

depends on if you want to play with redditors or not

ancient knights of the ringed city who come from the same cloth as gwyn, using the same sword technique as gwyn, which involves lighting the blade on fire using the soul.

their souls were sealed by the old gods, but the seal has been temporarily broken by the linking of the flame.

Unless it's causing them great misery, I'd rather not.

What's the meta for /dsg/?

It's 125

just started 3. why does it get so much criticism for being inferior to 1? 1's hitboxes were frustrating in comparison.

and why do the Souls games have worse review scores than Hyper Light Drifter despite being the same thing but better in almost every way?

Where should I stop leveling STR if I'm building for Ringed Knight Sword? I initially thought going 66 STR would be nice but now I'm not so sure. Any other B/D scaling weapons in the base game so I can fiddle with it on Mugen?

redpill me on the painted world

>Splitleaf
>generic halberd moveset despite saying it's a greatsword with only a spinny WA that will just make it a worse version of Gundyr's
>unique

There are birds there.

>implying a free win is a bad thing
I really enjoy slaying helpless looking players. And I'm sure anyone who goes to Veeky Forums or a subreddit for a videogame is pretty much on the same level, so you could find some good fights.

Either is acceptable so just stop where you need too desu.

>in contact with Darkwraiths
>Gods bow to the Ringed Knights
>rumored to possess Dark abilities
>control the Ringed City with an iron but fair fist
>own bonfires all over the world
>direct descendants of the Pygmy bloodline
>will bankroll the first cities of the Age of Dark (Ringopolis will be the first city)
>Knights said to have 60+ Int
>ancient dragon scriptures tell of angels who will descend upon Lordran and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented progress with them
>these are the Ringed Knights
>they own Humanity R&D labs all over the world
>first designer Hollows will be Ringed Hollows
>you likely have Ringed Humanity inside you right now
>the Ringed Knights are in regular communication with the Serpents Kaathe and Frampt, forwarding their words to the Sable Church
>they learned fluent Japanese in under a week
>all lands entrust their gold reserves to the Ringed Knights. There's no gold in the Profaned Capital, only the Ringed Capital
>The Knights are 1000 years oldfrom the space-time reference point of the base human.
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the Age of Ancients to the eventual Age of Deep Waters.
We don't know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they're benevolent beings.

125. 125 can pair with 120s anyway.

the only cancer in PvP is healing items

I can at least fight my way through most of the other bullshit.

>Clothes that were worn during the age of Gods.
>age of gods

wew, did from just invent an entirely new age?

>age of ancients
>age of gods
>age of fire

Gwyn's major betrayal plotline is coming. gwyn = pontiff 1.0

Did you not pay attention during DS1 or something? The Age of Gods was when Gwyn et al were at the height of their power.

the first age of fire was the age of the gods

i thank you for this

ringed knights fought for the gods of the ringed city.

gwyn was the captain of the ringed knights

gwyn staged a coup, stealing the flame of the gods for himself

used his new found powers to slay the dragons

and you know the rest of the story

>>they learned fluent Japanese in under a week

CONVOLUTED

Reposting from the last thread: What are some good programs for video editing? Preferably cheap ones, or even free. I want to make some DS3 PVP videos, but I've never really done it before, so if anyone here has experience with that I'd appreciate some tips.

Age of the Gods was from when the flame was first found to when it started to fade. The fading flame was basically supposed to be Ragnarok.

that's canonically called the age of fire, and it took place in anor londo.

the painted world was created using the blood of a human in possession of the dark soul, an art form that is apparently passed down by a very benevolent mother figure who is probably the woman constantly featured in statues in all three dark soul gameswho is probably the furtive pygmy

Pirate Premiere. Everyone pirates photo/video editing software.

anyone have a spare valorheart on ps4?

Noob here, is there a way to "invade" other players as a friendly phantom to help them? (DaS3)

Sure, where do you want my sign mate?

High wall, password is dsg.

>03/16/17(Thu)20:29:46
>03/16/17(Thu)20:29:46

I don't know what just happened, but my sign is down.

Yeah, my phone had a seizure and that somehow happened.

just beat the boss n00b

>Yeah, my phone had a seizure and that somehow happened.

hiroyuki has granted the phoneposters access to unlimited shitposting speed

Truly a believer that the best way to contain a fire is to make it butn out faster.

What the FUCK

you have breached the 4th dimension

Moundmakers I guess?

I died to that stay demon and can't get my souls back, RIP me.

CE

Anyone on PS4 wanna help me out with the Nameless King? Password is dsg.

I know it's necessary for fighting giant monsters and stuff, but I wish there wasn't any rolling or dashing in these games. The only one where it seems kind of appropriate is Bloodborne because you're playing a superhuman vampire anyway. I personally like to watch HEMA, and there's no rolling in that. I just think it would force the devs to look more closely at weapon interactions and pvp.

>taking a picture of your screen in the current year when taking screenshots is easier than ever

Did you not read the global rules? Low quality posts are not permitted.

The person behind that post may be a console owner.

I'm playing on my Xbox because I don't got a controller for my computer at the moment and I'm laying in bed

>not owning a console and a pc scrub

The PS4 literally has a screenshot button on the controller, and xbox has microsoft cloud sharing for photos and videos. NO excuse.

What's your SL? Don't want to be scaled down, especially against the casual filter.

SL 67.

I'm way out of your level range, but I can try to help. Don't know how much good I'll do being scaled down and all.

Everything harder than Pinwheel has been called a "casual filter." I remember fuckheads calling Gerhman a casual filter. The phrase has little meaning anymore.

That's fine. Any help helps.

Just placed my sign down at the belfry bonfire.

Fuck me. I'm gonna take a break from him and go soul farming. Thanks for the help.

My man.. It's not hard to share pictures on the xbox. double tap the guide button while in game next time and you'll see buttons right there on the screen that say record last 30 seconds and screenshot.

xboxdvr.com/

They'll update and show up on xboxdvr fairly quickly. I use the Xbox all the time, It's the only console i own aside from PS2 and earlier consoles.

I'm down for another go whenever, I'll be on all night. Btw, I like the artorias cosplay.

Ah thank you, just gotta be the best knight in the series. Same to you.

the fucking lag in online play makes this shit almost unplayable

Stop being Brazilian.

Australian, which is probably even fucking worse. Our current leading party should all be hanged for permanently crippling us.

>fighting a darkwraith on a low SL character
>go for the backstab just before he starts the grab animation
>get locked into backstab animation but he turns 180 degrees and grabs you

Quality gameplay.

>Be shit
>Get fucked

Quality gameplay.

Shitty internet is the least of the crimes that Turnbull and his cronies have committed. From what I hear about your One Nation party, you fuckers have it almost worse than us here in the States.

Fuck the NK man, holy shit.

git gud faggot

If you're having trouble, try equipping a Lothric Knight Shield. It does a really good job of negating the chip damage from his attacks, so if you can't dodge some of his attacks, you may as well try to block them instead.

Use Dorhys' Gnawing from a distance

>decide to try the arena
>not a whole lot of PvP experience
>try to get some practice
>W:L ratio is 1:30
Should I just except that i'll never git gud?

First time playing Dark Souls 3

i'm doing good?

I'd take One Nation over Turncuck and friends any day. Even though Pauline is an anti-vax wingnut who has a habit of saying the wrong thing which makes it harder to gain credibility.

Fuck, I actually miss Tony. At least he was entertaining. Turnfullofshit is the same thing at his core but without a spine.

His windups have delays to mess up your rolls. He'll hold his spear for some moments ready to hit before actually doing it.

His Lightning Stake attack will catch you most times, so avoid it like hell.

Those are generally the things I had to learn to beat him.

Not really, there's absolutely no reason to bump up Int and Fai unless you're actually going to be specializing in one or the other. That's two more points that can go into Vig to make you less squishy.

Armor is worthless, and so is investing in Vit. You're taking barely less damage than if you were still wearing your K***ht Set, at the cost of fat-rolling in the game that has the most broken rolls in the franchise. Strip everything down until you're under 70%.

>female

PC FC at Blood Wolf / Demon Bridge
pass: dsg

Female Knight that's a Sunbro is the default on MM, nobody bothers changing gender and covenant since they don't matter for discussing a build.

The things my friend has told me about your Mad Monk makes that very hard to believe. Then again, we here in the US never thought that we'd miss Dubya.

>horribly unoptimised dual wielding qualityfaggot build
>beat NK easily
>Lothric Knight cosplay build with equip load it the arse because the armour is heavy as fuck
>get him first try
>swamp witch pyromancer pvp character designed to shit out enormous damage and be mobile as fuck
>can't even bloody touch the boss, seriously considering summoning help
This fucking boss.

It has nothing to do with skill, they're not hard to beat. They're just damage sponges. I even parried him instead of going for backstabs and it STILL HIT ME despite the parry going off.

I don't know if that's unique to the one darkwraith below the tower on the wall bonfire, but it was annoying as shit.

The two points i wasted on Int and Faith was for the Darkmoon Longbow (Also i didn't have anything to do)

Sorcerer or Cleric? (Dark Souls 3)

Didn't you start this thing 6 hours ago? Still up?

Pyro

deprived

If you get hit during a parry, it means you mis-timed it and parried a bit too late.

i already have a pyro

yup still up

See, I'm going for a GS/Spear build, so super generic and all that. The Dragonslayer Spear destroys his mount, but I can only get decent damage when I manage to hit NK himself with my WK Great Sword. I need to learn when I can manage to get good hits in.

Cleric. And by cleric I mean quality but with the 15 faith for blessed weapon.

best way to farm Proof of a Concord Kept?

Is it really just farming those Silver Knight fuckers in Anor Londo, cause I've been doing it all day and have 5. Get summoned once every couple hours.

Yup.
Slap a Symbol of Avarice, Gold Snek Ring, Crystal Sage Rapier and Coin and you'll triple your drop chance for the things.
To a whooping 3% or so

I've never seen that before where it didn't end up being a partial parry. I mean he went into full riposted animation, and I got the critical. He just hit me anyway.