About to buy a Chevy SOnic 2012-13

Is there a better option? I could buy the Cruze for practically the same price, but im more into the Sonic LT. What you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

sonicownersforum.com/forum/
youtube.com/watch?v=HEvgegyWLWs
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVh46c22QA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is it fast like the irl sonic?

Civic for 3k.

Sonics are driven by fagbois. Get the Cruze.

Do fagbois drive Toyota vitz too?

where i live the civic its not an option..

Is kinda smol like one

Where do you live?

Dominican republic

Get the Yaris IA. At least it's a Toyota, so it'll be reliable

I really hope none of you unironically enjoy these vehicles.

The Yaris IA is a great car. Toyota reliability, great mpg, room enough for 4 and a decent trunk for only $16k brand new. It's hard to find a better car for the price.

>he thinks it's a Toyota

>buying a GM Daewoo product
>buying any GM product, period

Fit, 2 or Yaris. Take your pick.

6/10 desu

It's not so much as a car as if is an expensive gold cart with just as unresponsive steering and power.

*6/10 2bh

Owner of a '14 Sonic LT sedan with turbo. Surprisingly fun little bastard, and 38.5 mpg averaged. If you want a little more plush, go with the Cruze. If you want a fun kick in the pants, go with the Sonic. Feel free to ask questions, but it's only the second car I've owned.

Sonic is gud but slow.

Still has a sporty feel to it

Only issue had is a.c. doesn't work and the intake hose had to be replaced due to gm using a shit material. (Replaced with a new material)

AC is good for now, but that's coming from a car that might as well have not had it.. Good info to hold onto. Thanks.

I think it's because the ambient temp sensor isn't working anymore.

But basically all relays etc are good but the a.c. compressor clutch doesn't engage

iA is a Mazda2 you dummy!

That coment about GM and thew whole Daewoo thing made me think...

In my country any Toyota will hold its price better than a chevy, but the Yaris is ugly as fuck on the inside

except Daewoo hasn't existed for almost a decade. GM killed off Daewoo in 2009 during the bailout, along with Hummer, Saturn, and Pontiac. Saab was sold off and Saturn was almost sold off until the deal fell through.

Anyways, the Sonic rides on the Gamma 2 architecture, shared with the Opel Corsa. The 1.8L and 1.4L Turbo engines are shared with the Opel Astra. And the suspension was tuned at the Nurburgring by the Corvette team.
You know what the Daewoo guys had to do with the Sonic? They styled it. That's it.
> Here guys. The Germans did all the hard work and the Americans did the suspension.
>Now make it pretty.

Where can i read more about it? Keep in mind, im buying the 2012 or 2013 version. There arent many sonics in my country

>Where can i read more about it?
sonicownersforum.com/forum/

and relevant reviews of it
youtube.com/watch?v=HEvgegyWLWs
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVh46c22QA

Keep in mind THE model to go for is the 1.4L turbo with the 6 speed manual. You DON'T want the 1.8L or the automatic. The 1.4L turbo is not only faster, but more fuel efficient. And should you want to modify, you can get decent power from the 1.4L while aftermarket support for the 1.8L is virtually non-existent. Pic related. You'll be looking for this turbo badge on the back.
The Sonic is the most fun car you can get in its class at that price point. Features-wise, You want an LT, LTZ, or RS model. Don't touch LS models.

> nigga u already fucked up in the title

Nigger, you're severely misinformed.

>1.8
>no aftermarket support

uwotm8

>slower

negative they both produce the same amount of power, the only difference is the 1.8 has to rev its nuts off to produce that power, which desu is pretty fun with a 5 speed

show me aftermarket support for the 1.8 beyond intake and exhaust. preferably a bolt on turbo kit. THEN I'll recommend the 1.8L. Until then, I'll recommend the 1.4L.

its an econobox what more do you need.

there are also ecu tuning options as well as bigger injectors etc.

for an ecobox the more reliable engine should win out which is the non tarbo

I'm a ricer at heart. Show me the turbo kit.

i dont think there is a prefabbed one, but i really doubt it would be too hard to slap the 1.4 turbo on with a custom manifold and tune

biggest issue is whether or not the 1.8 can even handle boost reliably.

you're arguing with someone who literally lives in a trailer home.

>trailers are bad meme

its preferable to an apartment and since out in the country i can work on cars in peace

>literally trailer track that drives a Daewoo

You cannot make this shit up lmao.

better than apartment dweller that rides a bus

I own my own home and actually own my car, try again trailer trash.

oh im sure you do poorfag

otherwise you wouldn't be mirring my daewoo

>projecting this hard

I laff everytime.

Cry more trailer trash. Don't worry you can see my travel trailer in the background too. Difference is I don't live in it like you LMAO.

>Sonic
>Cruze

God thats like saying I can get herpes or hepatitis, which one is better.

Go get a fucking slightly used corolla.

Yea u r real rich my fucking civic and sonic put together cost more

>distant wailing from the trailer

Be quiet before I tow your home into the lake, poorfag

bring it, i bet your cuck truck cant handle it, but ill let you borrow my f-250 if needed

>but i really doubt it would be too hard to slap the 1.4 turbo on with a custom manifold and tune
IIRC, the turbo of the 1.4T is integrated into the manifold

I like the spark more because its so much smaller and lighter.

get a Fit or a Focus