youtube.com/watch?v=ue3R0kCPG2o
imdb.com/title/tt0207885/
youtube.com/watch?v=urSaGebApQs
youtube.com/watch?v=6lHM6gy1rO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Game of Thrones is pretty good desu

According to my hisfag friend, the Borgias is pretty good
I wouldn't know, I don't watch TV

Jane Eyre (w/Toby Stephens; this is an eerie one with good acting on Toby's part)
Bleak House (Gillian Anderson steals the whole fuckin show)
North and South (British industrial era; also has Brendan Coyle as a union leader)

Does Peaky Blinders count

>favourite
Would love a tv drama about a French family during the 100-years-war period or some medieval family in the Holy Roman Empire - anything but the 213rd drama about something English...

Yes. It's a 'period'.

Borgias

Not "The Borgias." Which sucks dicks despite the presence of Jeremy Irons.

rurouni kenshin

Pretty much everything HBO has ever done. Deadwood is their best by far, but Boardwalk Empire and Rome were pretty great as well.

Rome is so fucking good

watching I, Claudius now

Vikings, Spartacus? or Reign count?

Too much filler, but a great soundtrack.

What did you think about GoT?

I still have to watch John Adams and Carnivale

>Reign
It looks like complete shit tho

The Spanish "Isabel" was pretty good.

To be perfectly honest, I most watch them for hot chicks in historical/fantasy costumes.

is marco polo any good?

Didn't get through the first episode

Vikings is okay, Spartacus is fun, Reign is shite.

The history is dogshit. Story telling is on point.

You pretend it's about Kublai and not about Marco.

Not a period piece, it's another world...

...Though I suppose one could argue Conan was.

>tfw no seven season-long drama chronicling the giants of Roman and Egyptian history and culminating with the appearance of Jesus

I really wish they hadn't spent as much on the huge sets for Deadwood and Rome.

Spartacus features gratutious violence and nudity, but that's part of its charm. If you like the idea of a long-form version of 300, you'll definitely enjoy it.

I've tried getting into Vikings three times now and l still can't get through the first season. The small scale battles when they first start raiding England are great, but it's very boring apart from that. It's trying too hard to be an HBO show, but fails because of the lackluster writing.

Well it's a fantasy show and all, but they're definitely devoted to their setting, although this season felt lazy in comparison to their earlier stuff.

John Adams is by far the best miniseries l've ever watched. The top-notch writing enhances the already entertaining story, the casting is spot on with some phenomenal acting as well.

Downton is great, Pride and Prejudice the tv series is at about the same level.

Also Outlander is a good series [spoiler] it's not really historical because time travel but it tries to be [/spoiler] [spoiler] Also a man gets raped in the final episode and the scenes are hard to fucking watch. It's really really fucking gruesome. [/spoiler]

Just finished watching the first series of Borgia which I enjoyed but struggled to get in to the second series.
I liked Versailles too.

>Reign
youtube.com/watch?v=ue3R0kCPG2o

I, Claudius is pretty neat, been thinking about reading the book

tumblr gifs: the period drama

Fall of eagles is GOAT

imdb.com/title/tt0207885/

I recently discovered Poldark, it's fucking great.

Is that Patrick Stewart as Lenin?

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=urSaGebApQs

Here's him as Sejanus

>hair

>brits playing russians

sooooo he basically hasn't changed in appearance since 1974

how does he do it?

I just read them one or two months ago. Pretty good. It's written as memoirs, so all the cool dialogues from the series are not there, but it's good in its own way.

>"It wasn't worth it, was it? I could've told you that"

>actors acting

I'd love to see more of it...

The Borgias is great if you want to see some really fancy looking clothes and props. They had a great budget.

Borgias has it as well.

Not to mention The Borgias flows like a typical American understanding of European History. For example, it totally forgot that the Borgias were Spanish -even worse, suspected as mixed-race ex-jews- and Italians gave them shit for this continuously.

> Lenin
> russian

Bismarck was awesome in it

youtube.com/watch?v=6lHM6gy1rO8

All 70s BBC historical series are GOAT

I watched the first series of the Tudors. Enjoyed it. Wasn't enough to make me watch the rest tho.

I really like Black Sails but then again I have a pirate fetish

Spartacus was good for its time, being created just after and mimicking 300. Re-watched a few episodes recently and the violence and associated animation just seems too over the top and lewd now. Story is not horrible though; note I have only ever watched until the end of the season where they jumped back in time because they were looking for a new actor to play Spartacus.

Seconded. Poldark is great.

Deadwood is the best show I've ever seen.

I can recommend Desperate Romantics. Kinda girly, but good. Great entry level for learning about art, or for the well-educated fan already.

BBC Pride and Prejudice series is really good.

Watched it multiple times.

Mad Men is the best to be honest

Mean girls is my favourite period drama.