Advice for better sound

>I want to share my advice for improving sound in medium sized cars, and have a discussion about car audio in general.
>I bought an '05 subaru legacy gt with a "$6,000" sound system put together by an audio shop in Maryland.
The morel speaker +crossover package retains the stock mounts for the front tweeters+speakers, as well as the rear speakers, while the trunk has been built around 2x12" JL sub box with 2 fiberglass enclosures for the cabin and sub amps.

Firstly I want to stress that no matter what kind of setup you have (even stock) that adding sound deadening material to the doors themselves and fixing rattles in the interior will make a huge difference in the way the car sounds.

That being said, every car is different. And you will have to learn how to assemble everything correctly unless you can afford to pay $80+hr for someone else to do it.

Veeky Forums isn't a good place to have discussions about car audio because they can't afford to drop 3-5 grand on a decent setup. Busriders just always use these threads to shitpost.

>hella hornzzz bruh!!

pls stop

I have a 1990 Cadillac coupe deville and slapped a 1200w amp, 12"sub, headunit, and speakers in.

>paid 500 for car
>100 sub
>2some amp +wiring
>100 speakers
>built box myself
>tires + brakes etc ~1200

Best car i've bought for $2200, by far.
Yeah the paint is fucked
Yeah the interior is cracking
But let me tell you, it's a good piece of american steel that has the correct stiffness and dimensions for a car that really bangs.
Plus you feel gangster as fuck cruising down main street in a classic caddy no matter how much you spent.

If anyone knows how to get clean high bass, please share/

You can see the caddy in the background. The square shape of the roof really catches the bass well. The back seat is where its at ;)

A car is a shit environment for good audio. That 6k would've been spent better on a setup in your house. But oh wait, you're a kid without his own place or a renter that wouldn't be able to enjoy it because neighbors.

>$6k
>into a car radio
That was a lot of hours at minimum wage, wasn't it

I bought a Legacy GT once. It was lame enough that I ended up just giving it to my girlfriend.

The system came with the car. The main reason i bought it was for the jdm dash conversion because all USDM cars came with integrated radio/climate controls. This jdm double din conversion allows me to use bluetooth over burning CDs.

It also came with a jdm front bumper conversion, HID lowbeams, 2 sets of wheels/tires, exhaust, etc.

I have had 2 of these cars, the first was 100% stock but was totaled by a drunk driver. I spent over a year in the $500 cadillac waiting for an injury settlement.

I now have an extra 20k to spend on this car, and I enjoy listening to music while driving.

Seems to me ur just jelly bruh ;)

Check out my brembos

Have you removed your AVCS banjo screens yet? Also if your front doors rattle, it's from 2 spot-welds that have pulled through under the door gasket a few inches below the latch.

yeah it was mostly for the fiberglass amp enclosures if i remember correctly. I dont need all this bass and find myself turning the subs down quite often. I love the way the subs sound at low-medium levels, but would like a better component setup.

I heard morel is a good name, bum im not really sure what i should do to get the sound I want.

Yes the filter is gone. i also replaced the stock plastic tmic with a used perrin one i found for $450. My current plans with this car is sti 6mt swap, rear brembo swap, tgv delete, iag aos, and a full-race twinscroll setup. Obviously a built shortblock will go with the turbo, but probably keep stock heads.

Ohh i have the killer b oil pickup and exedy stg 2 clutch as well.

>buying a modded car from a tasteless teenage faggot instead of a stock adult-owned one
You dun goofed. That faggot put all that money into shit that doesn't matter when there are mechanical things that probably need to be done.

Im 22 and the previous owner who paid for system install was 35 and just had a kid. I paid less for this one than my first, which came with a warranty.

Since I was injured in the accident I can now afford for shit to go wrong.

Actualy ive been hoping it does so I have an excuse to start chasing real power. I abuse the shit out of this car mechanically. I have no idea how my clutch still works with 10+ launches on sticky pavement. The cobb AP is so much fun to tinker with.

the wrap on the console was done by the same shop. Carbon fiber is okay imo but would like hydro-dipped or stock trim at some point...

Im not changing the stock momo steering wheel. I like the feel of it too much as-is to warrant dealing with it on any level, even a wheel cover or wrap.
the worn but matching momo shift knob feels great as well. Better than the banana shaped stocker by far. also has kartboy short shift.

no one cares about your shitbox. go to bed.

There are 2 amps, trunk is symmetrical in design, built with fiberglass and wood, retains spare and jack with room to spare.

Motherfucking giant ass subs are taking up around 50% of trunk space alone, and are unprotected from luggage, boxes, groceries, etc.

my shitbox means more to me than your shitbox means to you
maybe im high
maybe i do more than sit on Veeky Forums rofl

just bought one of these gaudy aesthetic 90's fuckers because I couldn't pick up anything with similar sound quality for less than $200. These normally go for a bunch as a complete set but I eBay snagged at $60 last night.

Facebook would love to hear you blog

I recently spent about 5k in a much needed upgrade to my C5's audio. I went with Focal all the way with the deck being Kenwood. It's kind of sad to see what has happened to car audio over the years. MBquartz, Rockford Fosgate, and even Memphis have turned into mass produced garbage. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alpine filing for bankruptcy soon.

photo of deck and center console plz

ohh?
how so?

you might need some additional foam acoustic absorption pads. A lot of people don't realize that glass resonates and bounces waves really bad.

best thing you can do for your speakers (or any new speakers) is sound deading.

it will remove most of your panels rattling ruining and good speakers and making them sound like crap.

when you are tuning your speakers consider the front stage. why? do you go to a concert and listen to the music from behind you? i dont and neither do you.

actually this will surprize you a arched roof (such as a 57 chevy) is better for natural sound. something no square roofed car can achieve

I believe you 100%
but i also know that room corners tend to collect bass more than the center of the room. The back seats are literally message chairs when the bass is turned up, and i believe it is the the shape and materials of the body and interior that create that effect rather than the location of the sub in the trunk. The single 12" i put together for 300 in the caddy is louder and punchier than the "professionally" built subaru system

I usually do one click to the rear, but why would that cause distortion?