Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

Talk me out of an LS swap for a Miata.

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7GDBFlhUbqM
jalopnik.com/why-c-j-wilson-was-legally-required-to-build-this-rota-1689247680
superstreetonline.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/1306-honda-engine-drivetrain-weights/
youtube.com/watch?v=cPEsMeDCVbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why not?

Cost of doing the swap, and insuring it, because it'd become my daily.

If you have the time and the money, why not

i cant
do it

Put that engine in a car that isnt for women. You got no pussi so put it in big man car

It's more space, really.

I live in an apartment.

I've got a friend who said I can use the second bay in his garage to do it, but I'd basically be doing the swap on jack stands, which is kinda unsettling after what almost happened to me last time I used them.

I want the Miata because I'm gay though.

Corvettes are cheaper.

The only reason why I can thing of is doing a Cobra replica instead. You're gonna want a daily though.

>Miata
>LS swap
So you just want to let people you are bi, not full on gay.

More or less.

gut a modern v6 camaro
i imagine that would be much more daily friendly while still having much more power than a stock miata

>Miata
>LS swap
So you just want to let people *know* you are bi, not full on gay.
Fucked that right up

>dat intake
this was meant to be

It does look almost like it came that way from the factory.

Mostly why I'm considering it.

My idea was to start with an '04/05 Mazdaspeed, but I'm having issues finding them not being sold at absurd prices. (The two I found in my area that aren't riced/mutilated/already heavily modified have people asking around 10k for them)

You can get like 400 horses out of a 302 and it is way easier because carbs

There's no reason to start out with a mazda speed, you'll be replacing the suspension and engine anyways, at that point there's no difference.

dude TOUGE INITIAR DEE rofl

I've never watched the anime

True.

Mostly I'm just looking for something with leather seats. I don't plan on changing the interior much, and the cloth seats I've had in the past haven't aged particularly well.

Well, you will spend 20 grand even if you do the work yourself. Is that enough to put you off?

Doesn't seem like a good idea to pay 2k over the price of a regular miata just for leather seats tho, could just buy some nice ones and put them inside a base miata

The fact that you're looking at mazdaspeed miatas for a v8 conversion makes it obvious you are stupid as hell and haven't done any research on what will need to be replaced on the car (tip: the ENTIRE drive line and brakes). Why buy a mazdaspeed when you will pull it all out?

Not really.

I was planning to spend about 25-30k on the conversion anyway.

True

I like the Titanium Gray color, and it's only available on the Mazdaspeed models, and the '02 special edition. I already know that just about everything that's upgraded on the MSM is going to be replaced.

There is a guy on youtube who documented his 302 swap in his miata

He didnt spend 20k so fuck off

Not a huge fan of the 302 personally.

Ah yes...the old 302 LS swap for under 20k trick...

Stay ignorant I guess

>being an LS swap sheeple
>not making a glorious V10 ///Miata
youtu.be/7GDBFlhUbqM

How large is an S85. Google is turning up jack shit as far as accurate measurements.

is it still 50:50?

I think it loses about 1% to the front.

>inb4 soiled it.

>standing that close
are they mad?

dorito swap faster and more fun. as lots of room when dorito mounted

I was considering spinny doritos, but pic related isn't fun.

I know dude

but someone else got a bmw v12 from a 750 in a NA so an s85 should easily fit....too bad that v12 is low revving and less powerful

that's fucking stupid, not only will you be paying more than you have to when you could just settle for sunlight silver metallic, but you'll be ruining one of the 5428 mazdaspeeds sold in the US (though there are likely less than that left). If you're replacing everything anyway, please leave rarer models alone so someone who wants it for what it is can buy it one day.

because there are at least 2 better swaps that will cost less, retain drive-ability, and are honda engines in MX-5 so you dont look like a backwoods caveman that shoves LS motors into everything in sight

>k24 i4
>j32 v6

とんでもない

Is this a real???

面白い !

jalopnik.com/why-c-j-wilson-was-legally-required-to-build-this-rota-1689247680

>160hp
>413lbs

>225-260hp
>550lbs

Why not LS swap again?

superstreetonline.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/1306-honda-engine-drivetrain-weights/

>tail happy
>expensive
>impractical
Its going to take more than a few weekends to finish. About 3-9 months. Give it a month or two of research and planning before you dive in to a BIG project like this because it isnt JUST swapping an engine.

>k24
>160hp

get fucked

those weight include the transmission.

Without the K20 head the K24 made 160hp, faggot.

the k24a2, which is the common motor used in the swap makes 200hp

why the fuck would someone use the less powerful k24?

>im just pretending to be retarded
thats your next post

doing the wiring for that engine would cost you a forturne to pay someone to fumigure out.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPEsMeDCVbs
DO IT, FAGGET

also this guy has his entire build on his channel, you might find it helpful.

>insuring it
Why the fuck would you tell them??

>talk me out of it
I don't have to, you can't afford it anyways.

Stop posting this. It's a fucking tease that he comes so close to dying but doesn't

>Dumb LS fangirl measures a longblock LS vs a fully dressed K series with transmission

Top kek

i crawled under my car plenty of times on my fucked garage floor that only let 3 stands contact the car, get gud

>implying that would be affordable in any way
>implying the white m3 taking off down the tunnel at 2min didn't sound better

Because when Juan Pablo decides to run a red and t-bone me, I'd like to at least be comped a portion of the value of the modified parts.

LS Swap already retains driveability.

Should probably also mention I'm in Florida. I'd like to not cook myself in a car without AC. I've yet to find mounting kits that allow an AC compressor to fit into a Miata with engines other than the LS3.

Again, spinny doritos are cool and all, but I don't want to be blowing apex seals from adding too much boost.

I already know it's a big job. I've got a couple of buddies willing to lend a hand during the process, and I've got a car I can use as a daily while I do the swap.

>Talk me out of an LS swap for a Miata.
Why? It's your money, and if you want it then buy it senpai

Be less poor so you can buy them yourself and save them. Stop telling other people how to live their lives.

Your wrong the ls is 550lbs fully dressed

Putting a shit, unreliable, under-powered, pig fat heavy engine in a lightweight roadster

What is the fucking point?

You can't drive shut up
Yiff in hell

Do an ecotech swap

And over 700 with trans

>this is all you have as a reply
As my friend Alphonse says, BTFO!

Because a 13B-REW is a better swap, plus a Mazda rotary won Le Mans. No LSx engine has ever won Le Mans, hell, nothing by GM ever won Le Mans.

>people shitting on LS swap miatas
>430 horsepower, without anything, in a box the weight of a cow's fart
if there's anything brutally fast and incredibly dangerous it's that

also if you turbo that LS you get into the 600s quickly and at that point you shit on everything else with four wheels

>GM "quality"

This Twingo-powered RX8 will lap your LS1-powered Miata as the Renault engine won't explode after 6 miles.

I'm concerned about my spinny doritos shitting out apex seals. I've never worked with a 13b, so I'm kinda weary to try anything like that.