Get told real enthusiasts drive manual

>Get told real enthusiasts drive manual
>Lean how to drive stick
>Fun for the first 3 weeks
>A few months later it's an absolute pain in the ass that ruins the driving experience
Who else fell for the manual meme?

inb4 luddites accuse you of not being a """"""""real enthusiast"""""""

It's only fun if you live in a place where there is little to no traffic and plenty of curvy roads.

>>A few months later it's an absolute pain in the ass that ruins the driving experience
What about it don't you like? Or is is just the inconvenience of it compared to an auto?

I have only ever driven manual cars so just do it without thinking about it, whereas when I borrow an automatic I have to concentrate on not moving my left foot and keeping my hand off the gearstick

>What about it don't you like?
Like 70% of my driving each week is the commute to and from work and it's a shitton of stop start traffic. Don't get me wrong, it is fun when I get out on the open road, but for day to day driving it's just more trouble than it's worth. I miss the simplicity.

It sucks if the clutch and shifter are vague turds but if you have a good one it becomes habitual just about instantly, and you never have to think. I DDed a S2K in shit traffic for years, and now a ND Miata. Hell, even with a shit old Ranger with no tach, it was easy peasy.

Also for whatever reason I drive like a total asshole when I have an automatic, and totally chill when I have manual. Probably some freudian shit idk.

>Living around traffic
Feels good to live in the country. There are some nice curvy roads out here and no traffic or cops.

>Lives in a gridlock
>buys a manual
It's your own fault.

OP probably doesn't even know how to drive manual

>murrifats

>muh spirited driving
>muh shifting between second and third

It's weird but I enjoy shifting so much that gridlock is okay in reasonable doses desu wa yo. Even when at speed I often just shift for the hell of it.

Whats so enjoyable about moving a big black knob around in your hand

Real men use three pedals user. Learn to drive. Fucking idiots

I'm hyperactive and love doing things with my hands, so it gives me something satisfying to do, so long as the shifter is precise. If it isn't I start getting irritated. Maybe it has something to do with growing up playing piano, or maybe I'm a big fat perv.

>Not enjoying being enjoyed
I see your book club meeting was cancelled.

>tfw never fell for the manual is a hassle in heavy traffic meme
>tfw you enjoy it

It is scary when your foot slips and you botch a heel-toe downshift coming into an extremely tight corner going a good 20mph over the speed limit, but that's self inflicted driver error/shitty stock pedals, not the gearbox

God forbid I ever start driving an RWD car and really suffer for botched shifts and shit cornering.

Whats so fun about shifting from second to third and back?

t. Manual driver

Dunno man, it just is.

Do you drive a shitbox? Because then I would agree. Automatic shitboxes suck

Just admit it OP that your biggest regret is that it's been parked for months because you can't learn.

Wat. I don't drive an automatic.

Why do people buy big American cars with manual transmissions and then complain when they're terrible to drive in traffic?
As if having a heavy engine attached to an even heavier car being controlled exclusively by your left foot was going to be like standing in line at Subway.

fucking idiots, you should have bought a miata.

>tfw no powerglide

I asked if you drive a shitbox you fucking ret

I drive a Mazda 2, dip

>fucking idiots, you should have bought a miata.
lgbtqwerty amirite?

No, you asked a rhetorical question and then proceeded to impose your opinion about automatics onto me without reply.

Shitbox is subjective, I drive a miata.

>OP probably doesn't even know how to drive manual

and he most likely has never been on the track / strip.

pic related

i sexually identify as an anonymous shitposter
my gender preference is > and my pronoun is wat

No I didnt you ret

Why are burgers so obsessed with manuals and cuckholding?

>people replied to this

Fite me fagget

this poor guy. his wife is such a transparent cunt.

buy sports cars in manual
buy supercars in DCT
nothing else matters

I did, and I never looked back.

Manual FTW!

>tfw my car would be terribly slow and sluggish if it was the automatic version

>tfw got the manual version
>tfw revving up to 4k at redlights and dropping the clutch
>tfw fun
>tfw probably going to break something by doing this but I hope not

It will become second nature with some practice. You won't even think about it, you'll just do it and enjoy the extra power and mpgs.

That's the best part, any car can be fun if it's manual.

Autos are fine for modern cars, everything has fuck tonnes of power

My '83 2.4l does about 140hp new and Ives got a 3 speed slushbox

It's fucken painful at times, 1st gear drags like a bitch and 2nd revs like fuck at normal Road speed and 3rd is idle at normal speed

>>A few months later it's an absolute pain in the ass that ruins the driving experience
Learn to get out of the city

its bliss in the countryside on the twisties

I honestly don't understand why most bland, economical sedan autoboxes aren't manual. I don't know why people get them if there is also a manual version which would save gas and be lots more fun too. For example, pic related. Old gf had one of these and it would've been so much better if it was manual.

Will electric cars ever simulate gear shifting accurately?

Just thought i'd put this here,

>lmao nazis you guys fuck the joos

please grow up
please

Driving auto makes you a worse driver because the driving itself is less engaging. Besides, I FUCKING HATE TORQUE CONVERTER AUTOS! The slight disconnect between revs and wheel speed drives me absolutely nuts. On the other hand VW/Audi DSGs are pretty sweet, but if I was buying a VW I'd still get the manual.

Yeah but it won't be the same like modern cars play fake engine noises in your car.

wow so virtuous! You're so likeable and friendly

I didn't like the DSG the one time I used one in Europe..

The stupid fucker kept shutting the engine down at round a bouts like ffs I almost got killed so many times

Sorry not OP on this thread I forgot to clear the box from my last thread.

seriosuly have you guys had your brains checked for deformities? You literally dont even think about pressing the clutch after a couple of months