What does everyone here think of push to start?

What does everyone here think of push to start?

I don't like it personally because on my VW Beetle it never seems to want to work right.
I can push it and nothing happens.
I can push it and it does a half fire up.
I can push it and it works.
In the winter holy fuck it is hell; but so is even getting in the current gen Beetles in the winter because the windows fucking freeze and you can't open the door easily.
Worst of all if I slam down on the push to start to shut down the car all the electronics will have a fit and the horn will honk.

Push to start hate thread.

>today you see threads about auto vs manual threads
>10 years from now we will be keyless vs key threads

I should mention my dad has one of those Mercedes C300 4MATICS and the push to start seems to work fine on that.

Granted that is also the only automatic I enjoy driving.

Is it just a matter of lower end cars shouldn't have this crap?

The pts in my FoST works just fine.
Sometimes I miss turning a key though.

Total non issue and something needless to break. I get the automatic vs manual thing, autos remove a lot of the effort required to drive and the new ones are extremely good performing better than manuals in some cases. But turning a key is not an inconvenience in the slightest, so why fix something that isn't broken?

>my VW Beetle
this thread is b8

In a Mercedes you can pop the button off and start the car normally with a key fob acting like a key

>something needless to break
You mean like ignition switches and key cylinders?

Once you own a keyless car, you can't go back. It's not something you could really understand by reading text on a website. The "key" just sits in your pocket all the time.
>walk up to the car, it unlocks
>sit down, push to start
>get out and walk away, it automatically locks
It's one of the most convenient features since they made power windows where you just push the button once and it goes all the way down

Works fine on my Chrysler 200. I've had it about a year and not even one time has it ever failed to start even in 40o- weather

thanks grandpa boomer.

Nobody cares now go take your meds.

dont blame the push to start button

blame the fact that its a shitty VW beetle that came standard with a flower vase

>he needs a key

I prefer my key turn ignition system.

But then again I also drive a carb'd v8 rwd like a man.

but my car has both a physical key and a push to start button, which must be used in conjunction with eachother in order to start the engine

That's retarded.

Burn yourself for buying into that kike shit

Fucking Ford

My push to start has worked every single time in the 6 months I've had this car, and my car even tells me when the key fob battery is getting low.

do you have a dodge viper

>Fix It Again Tony
what did you expect?

Probably an S2K?

>yfw it was a plan to slowly introduce keyless starting years before it became the norm

Land Rover here

pts always works fine, never had an issue with it

Found the s2k driver
Agreed, it's fantastic. The only thing that would slightly annoy me was warming the car up in the morning in winter, having the leave the key fob in the cup holder or something. I know that it was going to be fine but would be constantly paranoid the car would lock itself and be stuck idling forever.

It's a great feature that ads a ton of security and convienence by leveraging modern technology.

Veeky Forums hates it because they are mostly too poor and ignorant to how good technology can be/is.

You can take the key with you and the engine will keep on running, it'll just refuse to move without detecting the key

I do it all of the time