Hey guuuuuuuuys I'm looking for a car

hey guuuuuuuuys I'm looking for a car
A cheap fast good-looking car that handles well and is easy to maintain what's in the market for meeeeeee

FUCK ME WHY IS EVERY THING SO EXPENSIVE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1UiMsPigZc
youtube.com/watch?v=Yqod4O2N_j0
twmperformance.com/cable-clamps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh and it has to be clean bone stock under 100k miles and have a manual transmission thaaaaanks

so you basicly want the perfect sports car for probably sub 5k

dont you think your asking for too much?

I'm just frustrated man, I can't find something that I really like and I get a headache looking at modern cars. I think I'm just going to stick with my DD and save up for a few more years

sw20 turbo.

subaru brz/toyota 86
disregard all these faggot benchracers and people that judge cars based on what they felt like in a video game
there is no better option
feel free to try and prove me wrong autists
>pro tip: you fucking can't

3k civic

You are correct bar two of the requirements. But I still think this is the best option
>cheap
>fast`

Truth is OP you have to pick 3 of 5.

Also easy to maintain can be removed. Spark plugs on the 86 require you to dislocate your shoulder lmao.

But you can pay your wife's son to do that.

Kek

The op asked for fast. The gt86 is not fast

Forgot about this death trap, and there are actually some in my area nice

I actually like this car and 200hp is waaaay faster than anything I've ever driven, it's just one of those cars I'd have to save up for a bit to get

I've calmed down a bit now but man these attacks hit you hard

>hey guuuuuuuuys I'm looking for a car
>A cheap fast good-looking car that handles well and is easy to maintain what's in the market for meeeeeee
Oh hi. Just the best bang for the buck, easy to maintain and quick car under 10k here.

>I actually like this car and 200hp is waaaay faster than anything I've ever driven,
It actually only makes 170 to the wheels so a dinky Honda civic is pretty much as fast as it.

Don't let the looks fool you. It's really lack luster

>2013 frs
It's 2017 why haven't they fixed the torque Canyon?

Look into 2017+ models then. They got some updates like a metal intake manifold, and 5 more horsepower, but I don't know if the torque dip is still there.

What's worse is when you red line then shift up you land right in that torque dip so acceleration is pretty much nonexistent for this particular vehicle. I imagine if subaru/Toyota did fix it it'd get way better acceleration and gas mileage

3k civic. stop caring about mileage.

The torque dip is still there and the 5 extra hp didn't do anything to help it since it still makes only 173 to the wheels

350z/G35 want a word.

Makes 175 to the wheels instead of 173 but the torque dip is still there

>all american
>aus domestic fast cars are all fucking boats

>reliable
>easy to maintain

>200hp is waaaay faster than anything I've ever driven

What country are you from?

Didn't you guys get the Holden Astra VXR? It's essentially the same thing as the Cobalt. Same chassis, similar power, same engine displacement, different engine family though.

They aren't as easy to maintain. The GM Delta cars with the Ecotec engines are stupid-easy to work on. Everything's modular and easy to access. You can rebuild the entire engine without removing it from the car, provided you leave in the crankshaft. Hell, GM has books you can get at their dealers that show you how to replace the pistons and connecting rods without removing the engine. The book has its own part number you'll have to ask for, but it's available.
Part number: 88958728

>mfw those wings
I've learned to appreciate wings, they are so fucking sexy

US, I just happen to be driving my shitty car with like 100hp which also happens to be my first car

I'm going to have to agree with Recaro's recommendations and add the SRT-4 Neon into the mix, but good luck finding one bone stock

>I've learned to appreciate wings, they are so fucking sexy
The wings were also functional in improving handling at reasonable speeds, similar to the big wings found on GD Subaru STI's. When people bitched about the big wings, GM made them an option, replacing it with a smaller low profile wing as standard. The small wing increased the top speed but reduced the handling. Just things people don't often take into account
>hurr it's fwd so that wing isn't doing anything
It's there for a reason.

> fast
> cheap
> reliable

Pick two

The dip is fixed with a flash.

2k smart roadster
1k bigger turbo, clutch+engine remap
1k aero
1k rims and tires, seats

Or pick all 3. You just give up interior quality.

Hey you glorious faggot
Since you are the go to on these cars is the cheaper ion redline/ss sc a reliable dd?
Everyone on my cl has a rebuilt motor or tranny.
Redlines get stupid cheap down to like 3k
If i had 6k id look at ss tc but thats out of reach rn

>is the cheaper ion redline/ss sc a reliable dd?
Yes they are reliable. However, The supercharger, an Eaton M62 1.0L unit, tends to wear out the lobes when you use a smaller pulley. I haven't heard of it very often, but I have heard it enough to warn about it.

The F35 transmission they used is where you'll find mixed reviews. The F35 is a Saab transmission, which has been used since the 1980's. They have known problems with the shift cable coming undone from the shifter. Some people have swapped to the Getrag F23 transmission from base model 2.2L Cobalts and Ions since those are known to be fairly bulletproof, and can easily take the power with an upgraded clutch.

The LSJ of the Cobalt SS S/C and the Ion Redline is the same exact 2.0L found in the 2003+ Saab 9-3, except the turbo setup was replaced with a supercharger setup for throttle response reasons.

Buy an unmolested SC car and save up. You can either replace the blower with a bolt-on TVS unit that solves the issues of the Eaton blower, but you lose that distinctive whine.
youtube.com/watch?v=w1UiMsPigZc

Or you can swap to a turbo setup and make shitloads of power, but have to deal with a bit of lag.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yqod4O2N_j0

Thanks man
Its making more sense now

I should also mention the cable problem on the transmission does have a cheap fix.
twmperformance.com/cable-clamps
These metal clamps fix the issue and are a worthwhile upgrade.

Also, pay attention to RPO codes. There's always a sticker somewhere on the car that lists all the RPO (Regular Production Order) codes that tell you which options the car has. On my Ion, that sticker in in the trunk. On my father's Silverado, it's in the glovebox.
If you see the code "G85" snatch that thing. G85 was an equipment code for the performance package which included a limited slip differential. It wasn't a popular option but it is very sought after.

it's fairly cheap if you buy used and you can't get anything else as good for the money. it's also fast enough. outside of a track or a videogame you'll never max out your car or need insane 3sec 0-60, calm down.
you can take it to a shop if you're too much of a retard to do it yourself and you don't change spark plugs everyday like you're making it out to be. like with any car, if something does fail eventually you can take it to a shop.
it is fast. maybe drive in the real world every once in a while and let that bus driver have a rest from seeing your stupid face everyday.

I just looked for MR2s in my area on Craigslist and I'm surprised at the number of good, affordable cars in my area.

A minivan is a better option since it actually has a sub 8.5sec 0-60

Turbo miata NB

nope completely wrong. I've driven a gt86 and a redline shift puts you in 5k, already out the torque dip. This car is gay but christ you guys spew bullshit about it unironically

the toyobaru does 0-60 in the 6 second range. are you mentally retarded?

A miata is a good choice.

>Great handling
>easy to work on
>looks are subjective, but I like an
>you can find NC's for under $10k with less than 100k miles
>still relatively new, so no major problems like rust or engine replacements will be needed.

Yeah, that's what I'd buy.

Buy a 350z

>cheap (under 5k I'm guessing)
>fast
>good looking
>good handling
>easy to maintain
>under 100k miles
>manual transmission
I don't know where you're at but in my neck of the woods, I think you can only get 4/8 of those options.

>it is fast. maybe drive in the real world every once in a while and let that bus driver have a rest from seeing your stupid face everyday.
SLOWER
THAN
A
MINIVAN

It's slow user, very slow.

You've never been in a fast car.

>the toyobaru does 0-60 in the 6 second range. are you mentally retarded?
WHO WOULD WIN?

yeah it was more tongue in cheek

E39 M5 bay-beee

So long as your idea of cheap is in the 15 range.

>15 grand
>cheap

What's worse
>A BMW
>meeting any of op's requirements

>wrong wheel drive
>general motors

a y y l m a o

kek. toyota wtf are you doing?

i've seen that video.
>autotragic version driven by a complete dork on wet
>other car has close to 300hp
boy, must sure feel good to be retarded like you guys lmao, stay assblasted that the toyobaru isn't 5k so you peasants can afford it. but i'm sure you can afford that faster SUV doe.
OH WAIT, you can't hahahhahahahahaha
stay mad faggots

Acura RSX type S. For 5k, it'll be high km, but k20 engines are good till 600k km or higher.

It's front wheel drive though.

Faster than your bus pass.

A turbo Fiat Coupe

mah nigga

what?

Mazda MX-6

the answer is motorcycle

What's your DD?

There is a sticky at the top of the catalog.

>easy to work on

Get Miata and slap turbo on it

Literally better than 99% of cars on market.

This

>Though if you don't live it a shit state where rust is a problem get a a NA miata

I understand they're all pretty good values but

>gm

I just can't get over it. I could probably accept it with the Saturn, but Chevy is just a no go for me.