darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg (embed) (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer mod for non-backers (Musketeer is recruited through the caravan)
mega:#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

>3 seconds into weald and chill and you realize you forgot to buy torches.

Come on guys, you cant all be dead right?

>half way in a long mission
>trying to find something you could drop for that juicy sapphire
>you don't see your shovels

Surprisingly, I managed to get through the quest.

But this game is funny, this game is really really funny. I dont even have torches you funny game.

Is it not worth it to do champion level dungeons until you have all your guys upgraded to the max? I'm getting crit to fucking death and miss at least half my swings

Fuck those Javelin pigs with their fucking AoE crits

Well you have to do level 5 dungeons because you need to level up your lvl 5 guys.

>I'm getting crit to fucking death and miss at least half my swings
welcome to champion level

looks like you're doing a surprise dark camp mission with an antiquarian

Making sure you have your weapons and skills up to level 4 before getting into champ dungeons is important. Trinkets are also a must. If you find yourself consistently having trouble with something, try using a trinket to help.

>When you go kill a necromancer lord but you find wealth beyond measure instead.

You have to be really retarded to not use trinkets all the time outside of apprentice. You aren't trying to suggest that user is retarded, user?

It feels like I need a shitload of accuracy trinkets, right now I only have a couple. Maybe I should actually invest in the trinket lady some

I mean the game flat out tells you if you forgot trinkets.

>pick team
>start to buy rations
>oh, forgto trinkets
>do trinkets
>start mission
>poor sods stuck with basicaly no supplies

Did pretty well all things considered

Mark team is ez mode. A hefty -30 DODGE debuff solves a lot of problems.

What on earth happened? Is this a money-grab suicide run?

om still salty about the limited inventory. Why isnt there a backpack trinket or something?
Makes long missions worthless

Reminds me that I still need to find a new Antiquarian since mine refuses positive quirks and is now "too good" to go make me money in apprentice runs.

My friends thought I was douch moneybags because I generally sat at about $40,000 gold on average. Now after getting my heroes gear up to snuff I can barely afford to supply the next run, and I have no antiquarian to go farm money with.

There can be no hope in this place. No hope at all.

That was... easier than I expected
I think literally every stress attack was cast on the one dude who was already couragous

What is the best ending:
Dismas and Reynauld get sacrificed to the final boss or they survive and kill it after the other 2 fuckers get eaten?

they need to live so they can fuck

Dismas dies, reynauld lives

gross

psh kid nothin personnnel
*chucks a spear that crits for 30 and knockbacks+stuns*
2 ez

>Both of them sacrifice themselves
>Heir researches into Ancestor's notes to find a way to bring them back
>Hires a bunch of people and kills them, much like Ancestor did in the name of research
>Resurrection event brings back Reynauld and Dismas or at least something that looks like them[/spoiler

Do you think he can control when he turns into a monster or does it just happen?

FUCK this dude, I wish I wasn't so starved for deeds and had to fight this guy every goddamn hallway

his chains are magical and he uses them to change at will, by tightening and untightening them around him
they also reform after being broken

Why do ALL of the 4 new enemies have to be:

>Backline
>Fuckload of hp
>Capable of singlehandedly shoving an entire boot up your asshole
>Have about 250 stun resist.

Like what the absolute fuck? How are you supposed to get these guys if you dont have instakill the backline type things?

nah, halfway buysing rasion i messed with trinkets then embarked without finihsing up the rationing.
al tehy had was shovels
>they rather starve then eat the dog treats

Yes, I restarted to the beginning because none of my Champions were actually upgraded enough to deal with their dungeons. Never made enough money to heal stress and upgrade.

Also I only had occultists for healing and they're just not reliable.

Actually the spear pig and jaunty pirate have lower stun res. With a good stunner you can get 2 stuns if you're lucky. Witch bitch and Bone boy have the 250% res.

>reynauld and dismas goes unto their makers
>eons pass
>eldrich ancestor accidentally makes everything normal
>heir has to fuck up everything the way it was
>eldrich reynauld and dismas try to find redemption for the henious crime of living a normal life
>their eldirch "gifts" gets sacraficed to revive the hearth of darkness
>they reincarnte in our world and the cycle repeats

They will never make it.

>Trinkets and baubles... Paid for with blood

p sure their 115. Doable, but cruel

I want hellion to wrestle me to the ground and eventually get her foot on my face, holding my head to the ground as she stands back up and telling me to start stripping as I feebly attempt to struggle against her, only for her to put more weight down on my face momentarily and tell me more sternly to strip.

Honestly I was going to ask if Vestal is even viable at high level dungeons, it feels like if I'm not healing for 30 or 40 then it's almost useless

I was pretty embarassed when I found out that you could mess with the trinkets from the provision menu.

with two healing trinkets (tome/scroll/head she heals for around 11-15-ish for a single heal or 5-7 for a party heal.
The party heal is extremely useful to keep everyone topped up at max health

It works well for when youre playing with a lot of squishy heroes, like double highwaymen or whatever. Occulitist needs big chunky health bars to actually make use of his ~60 crit heals

she also doesn't crit heal for 0 with a bleed

how hard are Champion Dungeons?
How far should I have upgraded my parties Gear and skills before I attempt one, especially a long one?
All the trinkets I can get this week are bad except the Ancestors Pistol in a Long Champ Warrens dungeon.

Champion dungeons aren't too bad if you know what you're doing, but they're pretty difficult compared to veteran ones. You'll generally want heroes with fully upgraded skills and equipment before trying them. If it's your first champion quest, I'd suggest starting out modest with a short/medium-length one in the ruins or cove.

her main strength usually is getting multiple guys off deaths door at once, and she IS the most reliable heal, and if you add up the party heal she heals 20-30 guaranteed.

Though its important to remeber taht most of the time a turn is better spent preventing dmg than healing it, so unless you have the luxury to spare the turn use her offensive skills, adn heal up only when the situation is under control.

is there a trick to farming a specific type of heirloom besides doing i.e. Weald if I want Deeds?

Which quest yields the most heirlooms is basically random, just keep selling busts for deeds since stress management building upgrades are useless.

Don't go gentle into that good night.

trinkets and baubles

How many ingame weeks (approximately, if you can't remember) did it take you guys to beat the game for the first time?

I've been playing in bursts for the last IRL year, my first safegame is at week 69 and I haven't even beaten the first DD mission yet. Guild, Blacksmith and Stagecoach fully upgraded. Failed the Shambler once, then quit the game for a while.

I still am yet to beat the game. I stopped playing for a long time and I just kinda meandered for around 50 weeks just grinding heroes to lvl 6.

Just tonight actually I beat the flesh the necromancer and the hag on lvl 5 for the first time.

>Bald Man at Arms
Is this the ultimate culmination of all DD Modding?

I don't get half of these comics
Did the arbalest get lynched for being a nigger or something else?
What's even happening in antiquarian's comic?

I didn't want to beat the game cause I wanted to do absolutely everything, so it took me about 230 weeks. It's my first file from all the way back when the game was in EA and I still come back to it when they come out with new content.

>arbalest
It's ambiguous, but her pa was probably just a criminal.

With auntie, they're pulling a switcharoo where you think she's gonna save the woman, but she's actually out for power for herself.

Abdul's implies that he's destined to die if he proceeds, but he strikes out along that path anyway.

Were there others you were confused about?

Oh, I get it, she's holding her arms up like the other guy did because she's gonna sacrifice the bitch.
I guess highwayman is kinda weird, why does he feel bad for killing people when he deliberately shot at them? Did he think he'd miss or something?

>still no PS4 radiant update

Woah, I didnt see the occultist's one before. Damn thats cool.

The highwayman's fine with killing most people, but I dont think he intended to rob and kill a small kid. No matter how jaded you are, that shit gets you.

while you're giving out explanations what's the abom's deal? did they turn him into a monster or did they just brand him so people know?

He heard movement in the cart and shot thinking it was a grown man or something, he was horrified when he saw he'd killed a woman and her child.

>or did they just brand him so people know?
Seems like.

Some of his barks imply he was a scientist: presumably his work fucked him up somehow, then this inquisition / institution got hold of him and decided to fuck him up further.

They just branded him because they're religious zealots and its implied the abom did it to himself.

MAA's is confusing at first, but it's usually just overthought. Barristan is traumatized at the cost of this battle and others, and carries survivor's guilt.
Alternatively, he could have been this way from birth / childhood.

>Mother, mother! Are we off to the monastery?

Where is it implied, what quotes does he say that suggest it?
And while the topic is on story clarifying, did this dude do anything wrong? He was just trying to warn people about the apocalypse that actually happened, right?

>They add new heroes in the DLC but don't increase the roster size
This is what I'm scared of the most, how the hell will I manage to keep two of every character like that?

>they rather starve then eat the dog treats
>option to use dog treats
>stress+ and debuff but no hunger

JESSE. WE NEED TO COOK METH.

He was a shitposter who ban evades from your ancestor.

>brand abomination
>escape from his clutches
>come back just in time for dlc as a vampire hunter

>Even lower percentage of duplicates in your roster
Welp, i'm stressed. Time to go flagellate,

Is it even worth it to upgrade Wyrd Reconstruction past level 2? It seems like the increased bleed risk doesn't outweigh the 2 points of potential extra healing.

Slap a cleansing crystal or something on him or his buds if you're worried about it. Stick him in a party with appropriate quirks or trinkets.

That aside, increased resolve levels give boosted bleed resist, so leveling his heals as you go isn't as bad as it seems, but it DOES make it more likely to pop bleed if you don't counteract it somehow.

One of these days m8.

fuck off /pol/

is it confirmed that there will be even just one new hero? haven't heard anything like it.

It's more the bleed damage that seems to mitigate its usefulness. Like if you upgrade from level 2 to 3 all you've done is increase the max heal from 14 to 16 at the cost of double the total bleed damage from 3 to 6. I'm also more referring to earlier stages in the game I guess.

But that's a reasonable guess on what's happening in her comic.

It'd be nice if they'd give us some kind of real news on CC when we're only a few weeks away from release.

>a few weeks from release
damn, thought they had moved the release back again. neat.

It's only an issue if the occultist's teammates are underleveled. Character bleed resist increases faster than bleed chance increeases.

at level 0, it's a 60% chance to bleed while everyone has 20-30% resistance, meaning there's an overall 30-40% bleed chance.

At level 6, it's a 100% chance to bleed while everyone has 90-100% bleed resistance, so it's a 0-10% chance to bleed.

With some anti-bleed quirks or trinkets, you can get a 0% bleed. Just make sure nobody has bleed vulnerability diseases or whatever

For the early game, you should definitely keep it un-upgraded, especially if you're going to be working with weaker team mates.

I'm just estimating since it's supposed to be out in April and it was supposed to come out this month before they delayed it.

If you're familiar with Dragons Dogma, what would you think about something similar to Dogmas Pawn system for DD?

For people who don't know what I'm talking about: In Dragons Dogma, the player has a pawn, a sidekick, that travels and fights alongside the player. The player creates his main pawn in the beginning of the game, same way he creates his protagonist. The pawn levels up and becomes a stronger fighter too and the player also equips him with gear and modifies him in other ways that are important.
The most intriguing aspect of this system is that the players can list their pawns online so that other players can hire them. The hiring player pays a fee (the owner does NOT receive this) and then receives a temporary, exact copy of the hired pawn. High level, top tier pawns are expensive as hell to hire (prices are set by the games system according to pawn level), but also strong as fuck. When the hiring player dismisses the pawn, the original pawn of the original owner receives exp proportional to how much exp the copy pawn gained while with the other player. The hiring player can also gift the owner something if he was especially satisfied with the pawn.

I think this could work in Darkest Dungeon too, with modifications. I think you'd have to remove the experience gain through hiring out heroes because it would be highly abusable. Naturally, hiring from other players needs to be expensive so as to not make the stagecoach useless. I imagine something like a lvl6 hero with really good quirks would cost something like 50k+ gold to hire for a limited amount or just a single mission. A satisfied player could send the pawn back with a trinket as a gift to the owner who painstakingly trained that lvl6 hero with On Guard, Quickdraw, Quick Reflexes, Eldritch Hater and Slayer and now bad negative quirks.

>mfw just passed 100 hours and still haven't beaten it

I've restarted my campaign 3 times now, this time I'll try and stick through it. Even though the temptation to restart in Stygian mode is a lot

I didn't read your post, but I want to let you know that I keep images related to both games in the same folder, because of their identical initials!

His efficiency witnessed by his own eyes!

ded as hell

this picture lmao

i agree with all that you say, just remember leper bleeds easy and afflicted heros have their res lowered

post names

I hardly ever name my guys. They'd definitely pop out more if I bothered.

I name them after friends and update them on what quirks they acquire

meme names ww@

Fuck how long has this general been a thing? How much have I missed?

I have no idea what's happening in Man-at-Arms. I got a vague impression of horror of war and someone died he was trying to save?

>Fucking bard looking hard with his lute.

Dude your dirk and sickle are way cooler.

>Reynauld chilling with assholes.

That is so fucking Reynauld.

>Entire right wing
>Reynauld

nothing out of place here.

When Dismas did in I was sad.

When Reynauld died not a single fuck was given.

This makes me want to do a HWM only run.

I see no way this could go wrong.

You saying I can't do it?