Just bought a 240z.. For $240.. On my 24th bday

Any thoughts?

It's like a get in real life.
Sick find, I used to have a 280Z that was a pain in the ass because of archaic ECU problems, mexinigger fucked up wiring, and a dying EFI system.
Bought carbs to swap, then sold the car and kept the carbs NIB for a future project, because I know I want another.

Always love to find hackery wiring. I've worked with fi quite a bit but first with carbs. Did your 280 rust at all or no?

It had really minor rust. California car. Some around the bottom of passenger floorpan and really small amount on the seam between the firewall and floorpan on drivers side.
The hatch and areas near it was really clean, which usually is a problem spot on the S30 cars.

RB 25 swap when???

You better fix her up good and treat her well. I expect to see a thread some time in the near future about her restoration.

desu better than a GT-R

You bought $240 worth of rust?
What a steal!

cool a riced out junker thats likely rusted

Even if it was rusted to shit, he can part out and make over 500 easy.

>riced out
>stock body

voodoo swap it

that isnt stock at all

its actually ruined by having a kit molded on

There's a spot or two on the right quarter panel. Drove it 50mi home. Thinkin I'll stack a four ft wing and wide body panels with baby giraffe camber.

Na

Keeping it stock as shot and driving it like an old lady for now

>It had really minor rust.
I refuse to believe you were able to find a early model Z car for under 4k that wasn't a rolling pile of rust, because holy shit talk about a lucky find.

Pics or it didn't happen right?

>kindof jelly desu!

Paint the lovers black, strip off that line along the side assuming it's a decal, get fender flares and matching wheels (steel D window's for chep) with a good offset/fitment for the flares. Then slap a decent sized red circle vinyl offset to driver side of the hood and going a little way onto the fender with period correct aftermarket decals going down then fender just in front of the drivers door. SICKKK ^_^

Hate the 70's custom bondo/fibreglass look but I think you could minimize it by drawing the focus point elsewhere.

no, bread on hood or it didn't happen

Everyone says that on Veeky Forums but idk what it means lol

I dont think anyone would lie about getting an old junker

There are busriders on Veeky Forums that lie about owning a shitbox. bread on hood or op is a lying sack of shit.

that dirty old oil filter gives me the cringe

>fender flares
>rising sun on the hood
you are the reason its so hard to find an unmolested 240z

Cool. Transfer title to your name immediately. It's a very common mistake so I remind youngsters to take care of that.

I agree with him somewhat

this one is already ruined so who cares what he does

Wait, it actually runs? Well shit, even if it's rusted good find for that price.

Why do you say it's ruined?

Das a lot of vacuum lines, mang

You should honestly just never touch a Z car made before 1987 in your life.

sell my the turn signals

>RB 25 swap when???

If he's smart then never, unless the user just wants to have the weight balance of a fucking sledgehammer.

ill give you 1k right meow for it

>>stock body
Those bondo'd in side skirts are not stock and here is going to be an African fuck ton of rust beneath them.

I like the L engine more myself but you do know the RB's are hundreds of pounds lighter, don't you.
Or did you mean the sledgehammer as the back becomes heavier?

>RB
>lighter

if by lighter you mean 200-250 lbs heavier (including transmission vs L24 with transmission) then yes

the power it has more than makes up for it even when stock though

guys is stupid for thinking that is going to make the weight distribution that much worse though

you do know you have no idea what you are talking about, don't you?
l28et fully dressed with 5 speed is 525lbs
rb25det + 5 speed is about 700 lbs

The l24 is barely 400lbs dressed

>you do know the RB's are hundreds of pounds lighter

You can not possibly be this fucking retarded.

In what world does a 2 valve single cam carbed straight six weigh more than a 4 valve dual cam fuel injected turbo straight six? Did you take the RB to the Moon and then weigh the l24 on Jupiter?

>strip off pinstriping
>muh rising sun
>cragars on a Z
End thyself

>Or did you mean the sledgehammer as the back becomes heavier?
No I meant an actual sledgehammer, As in chunk of hardened steel on the end of a stick.

An RB25 out weighs an L24 by nearly 300 pounds you fucking bus rider.

I was talking about my car, not OP's, genius.
What said, for the love of god.
>I don't know anything about these engines except what I read from boomer posts on forums from 2001, The Saga.
Look, as someone who has been fucking with nissans forever. I can tell you fags from my own boomer experience that a RB25DET with headers, turbos, and an automatic transmission with no fluids pulled out of an R33 coupe weighed in at under 290kg (roughly 620 lbs), and an L28ET with twin turbos and HKS surge tank mated with a Nismo competition dogleg trans, weighed in at 265kg.
I know, one engine was modded as fuck and the other bone stock, but still, the ball is in the L series court.

>L28ET with twin turbos and HKS surge tank mated with a Nismo competition dogleg trans

>L28
>With twin turbos
Something never released from the factory

>HKS Surge tank
Something else never released from the factory

>Nismo competition dogleg tans
>Another thing not released from the factory

Whn you add 2-300 pounds of shit to a stock car/engine you are still upsetting the weight balance you dumb ass. This is why wangan midnight is such a shit influence on the car scene.

Not a fan of swaps. The design history of the Z car is rich. On top of that, why would Niss dump hundreds of thousands of dollars into designing the machine if it wasn't designed to run up to some standard. Swapping it will lower the overall value anyways.

Bread on hood pics coming

>Whn you add 2-300 pounds of shit to a stock car/engine you are still upsetting the weight balance you dumb ass.
>2-300 pounds
>engine in question weighed 580 lbs
>according to you, it somehow had 2-300 pounds added on
Lel, and when you rip out interior pieces and sound deadening, and carpeting, you do so as well. Bitch harder, or build your suspension around the weight distribution of the car.
Also, the Nismo dogleg trans is way lighter than a 280ZX T5, not sure how it compares to a 280Z 5 speed or a earlier 4 speed.
>Wangan Midnight
The car that ran this engine was gymkhana style car raced on Go-Kart tracks in Japan in the early 00's, so not really. If anything, the guy who built it might have been influenced to build the engine the way he did, but he was pretty old, so I assume probably not into anime/manga.

Digging the shift knob.

>Lel, and when you rip out interior pieces and sound deadening, and carpeting, you do so as well.

Yeah because nit picking 2 or 3 pounds here and 4 or five pounds there over the entire length of the car is exactly the same as stacking 150 pounds of dead weght to each front shock tower. Tryharder boyracer.

>the Nismo dogleg trans is way lighter than a 280ZX T5,

Do you even know what either of them weigh? The Borg Warner T5 that came on the turbo 280zx from 1982-1983 topped out at 70 pounds. Competition transmission usually don't weigh less than standard ones because, news flash, Stronger parts usually weigh more. Now if you actually have a source for the dogleg trans weight please post it so we can laugh at you otherwise we're just going to continue laughing at you.

because its an old piece of shit by todays standards

Sorry about this post, disnt mean to cause this much assmad

>>engine in question weighed 580 lbs

>highly modified cherry picked engine you picked out weighed 580 pounds. A standard l28et weighs 475.

care to try again?

>we can laugh
Go ahead and do so. 50lbs or something is what it felt like, but that was years ago. Might have been around the same but the bellhousing was much smaller than the T5's. I also didn't lift the T5.
>Added 2-300 lbs
>580 minus 200 is not 475
>580 minus 300 is also not 475
Care to try again?

minus 300 is also not 475Care to try again?

240z's didn't come with 128et's they came with 124sohc's which weighed in around 370
580-370= 210 pounds

RB25det weight 667 pounds - 370 = a cunt hair below 300.

Should have waited for your 240th birthday. What a failure.

>128et
>124sohc
Is this bait? Anyways, nice math, that makes sense, except I was talking about an L28ET and that user said the mods added 2-300lbs to it. Wasn't talking about an RB25DET nor an L24. Maybe if I was the 2-300lbs argument would have made sense.

are you fucking stupid? The z was designed decades ago, swap in an rb or fuck off, inb4 "muh weight distribution". Only matters if youre drifting, and if you are drifting a classic z kill yourself

>Maybe if I was the 2-300lbs argument would have made sense.

It's been the corner stone since the beginning of the entire argument you stupid moose.

>weight distribution". Only matters if youre drifting

Tell yourself that when the understeer plows you straight into a telephone pole.

Refer to The entire point of my post here was to clear up that a bone stock RB25DET with no fluids in still weighs less than a built L28ET.
The argument started here when said that modifying the L28 adds 2-300 pounds, you troglodyte.

RB25DET still weighs more*

>I was talking about an L28ET

No you referenced a modified l28et in order to try and swing an argument in your favor to avoid looking like a dumbass.

>being this fucking dense
See I was explaining the RB weighs more. Even more than the L28 covered in shit.
Then someone said the shit put on the L28 in question was 200-300 lbs and fucked with the weight distribution, which is just wrong.

To OP, don't engine swap.
Engine swaps are for underage idiots that treats the car as a toy instead of a valuable machine that will raise in value if it's treated well in it's original state if it's a rare car.

By underage I mean mentally obviously since Americans are by definition underage the 4 first years they're allowed to drive cars.

>Then someone said the shit put on the L28 in question was 200-300 lbs and fucked with the weight distribution

No you twisted it to mean this. the exact quote from that user was

"When you add 2-300 pounds of shit to a stock car/engine you are still upsetting the weight balance"

>Stock car/engine
>car/engine

The car was part of that equation einstien and since the car in question is a 240z and the two engines in question being an rb25det and your referenced modified l28et thenyes it is 2-300 pounds of "shit" that has been added.

>kindof
>"t-b-h" (remove -)
>emoticon
>ruin it with aftermarket

Shit, I didn't see it that way till now. I just figured he was talking about the specific car/engine I had in my example because he called out Wangan Midnight.

hahaha, what a fat dog.

>$240
>Nicer than the 240Z I bought for $2,000

needs RB24S

This guy fucks.

I feel bad for you but I also wanna laugh at you.

In my defense that's about as cheap as they come here (discounting parts cars) and at the time it was the only one available for 4 digits.
At the very least it ran and drove. Not well, mind you, but it managed to do fine on the freeway.

The irony of that name...

Stroker L28 to 3.2 litre pls

>no bread on hood pic

lame

The only thing that sucks about stroker builds is the decreased redline and the price it costs to find a diesel maxima crank.

needs a chevy v6 and powerstroke turbo. and less paint.

NA RB25 swap with ITB's