/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Contracted Pertussis:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted Ringed Knight armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
GameSpot gameplay (mostly same as above but with some extra stuff): youtube.com/watch?v=UpZD7l_LPmU
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtube.com/watch?v=G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtube.com/watch?v=UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP portion, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE portion, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay in ADP arena: youtube.com/watch?v=HFR6YZTlNz8
IGN PvP gameplay in Grand Archives arena: youtube.com/watch?v=CH-ZJfeO9iw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

If he refuses to enjoy the game the way you want him to, then let him play it the way he wants to. Not every playthrough has to be 100% the first time through, he can come back later once he gets gud and properly explore on a new build.

she coughin up some horse load?

>Also, in the second area, enemies related to that boss are exciting for series fans. Because he got a set of his armor when knocked down it was like a fan service. In addition to the series fans I was able to confirm the reappearance of a delightful weapon.
What did they mean by this?

Fluted & Scraping Spear

Gold+silver tracers

They sure can appreciate lewdness. That said, there's definitely something that makes lewd stuff even more lewd when it's you in control. Someone else dressing up in the desert set is one thing but when you do it on your own character?

DIAMONDS
I
A
M
O
N
D
S

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

They wont show us the area after demon prince because it takes place in dark souls I & II locations. The dreg heap harnesses the power of reused assets to give us a massive as fuck area containing several reused fanservice bosses. I'm talking artorias of the deep and ornstein & smough as hollows type of fun stuff. The actual city is comparatively tiny, but still manages to squeeze 3 bosses in.

>no news regarding velka/pardoners yet

We already have confirmation that you enter The Ringed City immediately after beating the demons. They drop the banner and you step out of the tree log onto a ledge where you raise it. Cue cutscene and loadingscreen transition to the outskirts of The Ringed City.

The city itself is massive and takes up most of the DLC, while also apparently including numerous branching optional paths and secret things. There's also apparently a 3rd area after the city which nobody is allowed to talk about

Would anyone on PS4 be willing to drop me a Lightning Urn and Medicant's Staff so I can get my Solaire armor early?

I'm at the High Wall bonfire, pw is dsg123

I have multiple alts so I may have something you need in return?

Pls respond

Where are you guys getting this stuff from?

Most of the dark souls 1 shit is accounted for so im assuming its something dark souls 2 related

>you will never be a pardoner

Japanese IGN preview of the DLC.

B O N E F I S T

Related to the demon prince? And the demon prince drops an armor set?

What is a character that could have become the demon prince, who wears armour that would excite fans?

Name one item unique to Dark Souls 2 that's recognizable and iconic enough that a game journalist would feel the need to point it out specifically as something 'fans of the series' would be pleased to see reappear. Note before you answer that, as a gaming journalist this person has likely never actually played a souls game themselves outside of 30 minute demos at press events.

He is talking about SoC and the ringed knights drops.

Secret area is obviously the DaS1 kiln of the first flame.

Demon Prince is the boss of the first area.

Second area is possibly the Ringed City itself, with the Ringed Knights and shit.

>reappearance

aight im here

Second area is the Ringed City itself. Demon Prince is the boss of the Dreg Heap, the first area.

Since some people are still confused about this (and gullible enough to consume blatantly false information before regurgitating it) I'll clarify: Earthen peak isn't its own area in the DLC, it's just part of the Dreg Heap.

First Area: Dreg Heap (including ruined High Wall, ruined Grand Archives, and ruined Earthen Peak) - Boss: 2demon
Second Area: Ringed City (and nothing else is currently known about it)

DBS

Started using Yhorm's Machete. What's the deal with the bugged moveset? Whenever I'm in PVP, and 2handing the weapon, sometimes if I hit a guy, then go for the second swing, it won't actually swing, he'll just sink the weapon beneath the earth and deal no damage and let the opponent get away. This bug is so annoying I need to use the weapon one-handed unless the opponent is clearly going for a parry.

The first part at least.

Ringed knights wield a straight version of gwyn's sword, I'm assuming that there will be knights who use a carbon copy of the freat lord greatsword, and the boss-related armour set mentioned is fwyn's

Nah, we already have the FUGS. It would be sweet if it was from Demon's Souls, though. A Soulbrandt that scales off of hollowing would be cool.

Sweet, my sign is right by the fire.

Thanks famalam

I don't know about 'sinking the weapon beneath the earth' but Yhorm's Machete and the Great Machete both don't consistently combo R1s when 2H to make-up for their longer length relative to other Greataxes.

Demon's Souls is owned by Sony. We have as much a chance of seeing something directly from there as we do of fighting Orphan of Kos.

Could be channeler's trident desu

T H I S

The character will sort of bend over and swing, only the swing will clip under the terrain and not hit the opponent unless they're really close. It's a weird ass thing that looks like a glitch.

G R A V E L O R D

What are these tags even? Did you memeing fuckers have anything to do with this?

Nigga, we're a dead general on an irrelevant vidya sub-board with like 20 regulars

Is Friede parryable at all?

Yes. IIRC, she has some unparryable attacks, but most can be parried

Hm. Can't see your sign

Put my own sign down just before and was summoned but i guess that wasnt you

Hope im not doing something wrong here

Did you set the password to dsg123?

This seriously doesn't happen to anyone else?

Can they legally do anything DeS related or does Sony own all that?

Ye. Settings should be right

The Fluted Set is actually in the game files, unused. I'm kinda salty about it.

>play ashes of ariandel
>manage to unlock the friede bossfight before the first one.
Is it easy to miss? Feels like i've explored almost everything.

Sony owns the IP and Jap distribution rights, Bamco owns Yuro distribution rights, and Atlus owns American distribution rights. DeS is a licensing nightmare, but we can get similar stuff that's 'totally different and original.'

There's only two bosses
Friede is the main one and the second is hidden and optional. If you've unlocked friede then you've essentially reached the end of the dlc

The bridge is a ladder.

Member the Catacombs, user?

it's gwyn, the boss is gwyn. Gwyn was the captain of the capital knights.

laddle

she's quite literally an NPC with a semi-unique moveset, you can literally circle around her and backstab her.

Alright I put it down a little further from the fire now. It's over by the chair, near the staircase leading to the elevator.

If this doesn't work maybe you try summoning me? I've had this problem before with a friend.

user, how do you reason that with the fact that Gwyn is currently stuck inside a smouldering suit of armor with about a thousand other people?

It's going to be Alonne's Apprentice, and Captain of the Alonne Knights. A clone of that boss fight, only with extra moves and a lot faster to account for DaS3's broken rolls. And the armor you get is going to be the Alonne Captain set, and then you can buy Alonne's set from Shrine Handmaid afterward..

>beat the ringed city
>given the option of a new ending that grants you a special newgame+ with permadeath
>beating it unlocks a unique weapon and armour set
>both the game mode and the unlockables use a server-side trigger so you can't cheat them.

Why does everyone who PVPs is over level 100 in dork souls?

Wouldn't lower levels provide more build variety instead of everyone being soft capped at all the stats that matter for them? I figure the stat system differences in the sequels helped with that

Wasnt Vaati supposed to play the DLC around 15th March? Did he leak any boss fights yet besides the bat?

he came back as a lord of cinder, just like everyone else does. he went to the city to find his daughter.

It can't be because the ringed knights are thematically connected to the boss. considering the ringed knights use gwyn's weapon, with gwyn's moveset, and it's touted as a massive fanservice, it's obviously going to be gwyn.

anyone got good fashion with Chester's long coat?
something for a sorcerer specifically
I'm shit at fashion

>lower level pvp in 3
>everyone still just using higher quality builds but at 27/40 or using only stat efficient gear like Heavy Millwood/Sharp Quills that will outdamage everything else
>only ones who really suffer are casters who now have even less health/endurance to sapre

It severely limits the potential of just about any build except for basic shit like strength, dex or quality.

The lower the level, the more minmaxing, the less variety.

>use gwyn's weapon
Not even remotely similar
>with gwyn's moveset
Gwyn didn't have the stance they use nor their multihit combo. It resembles SoC but isn't the same.

Vaati was assassinated by FROM so he wouldn't be able to leak any information after playing it.

Still nothing. Try summoning me. Maybe that'll work

if I remember correctly the meta level for dark souls 1 was around 80, but DaS2 raised it with its cheap levels and it never went back down.

DaS meta was 120.

You remember incorrectly.
DeS was 120 because of the 2nd chance leveltax and DaS1 followed the trend because why not.
DaS2 was 150 because it had more stats to work with and then DaS3 went back down to 120

>0~4 - buy DS3 with all dlc at full price like a good goyim
>5~9 wait one month for the definitive edition

Yeah, I know.
Thanks anons.

I LIKE BIG HATS

I LIKE BIRD MASKS

I HAVE NO TASTE IN FASHION

PLEASE HELP ME BECOME A BIRD WIZARD BY POSTING COOL FASHION TO COOL WITH THIS HAT PREFERABLY LIGHT

Call yourself Logan and wear the hat and nothing else.

DaS2 put it at 150 because of the Adaptability tax, and the Endurance-Vitality split

Thanks, Anime!

Are there even any pieces of clothing in this game that make use of feathers prominently? I can't recall any.

Anyway, Big Hat + Jailor Robes is always a great combination

Cornyx's robes have crow feathers on them.

it's a dilapidated straight sword version of the weapon, and even you can't deny it has almost the exact same weapon. WA does not count, they didn't exist until DaS3 and even then the WA is to cover the weapon in flame.

there's going to be a great sword version of the capital knights as well

Oh that's true, actually.
That goddamn set. Even half a dozen playthroughs in, never once have I managed to remember to summon Cuculus to the Old Demon King fight. I miss it every time.

No problem

It's so easy to miss. I don't blame you at all.

>Gwyns moveset
You're deluded user.

>It resembles SoC but isn't the same.
>it resembles the boss that literally copies gwyns moveset

so it resembles gwyn then?

Karla's robe/dress looks kind of feathery.

Gwyn's moveset doesn't involve throwing lightning, user.

Claws, manikin claws or talons? which and why?

Does beating the 3 dlcs in sotfs give a different ending?

holy fuck this game is beautiful
they've really upped the quality from DS2

DLC's never affect endings.

No, it's the kind of thing that seems like it should be relevant to the ending, but really doesn't change anything.

talk to a tired old man with the 3 crowns in your possession
otherwise no

Talons because DLC weapons are, as a rule, top tier.

>Brown and gray: the game

Claws and Manikin Claws are pretty much the same except for WA. Claws have the 2kat jump and Manikin Claws have quickstep.

Crow Talons have a pretty different moveset.

It is a very sad thing that 3 doesn't make more use of vibrant colors.
Even something as simple as carrying a torch and a weapon enchanted with Darkmoon Blade at the same time is more of a use of color than most of the game does, unfortunately. Most areas in the game have one particular color scheme they use predominantly and they rarely mix it up.

Claws are the best fist weapon by a wide option due to the WA and being able to combo L1s after landing it.

Manikin Claws are slightly longer for regular attacks but Quickstep doesn't really benefit the fist moveset due to how slow the attacks are.

Crow Talons are shit. They take away the best part of the regular fist moveset, the running L1s in favor of a 'unique' one with one of the worst hitboxes in the game for actually hitting something. The WA also has noticeable wind-up and could at least be good with Rouge on if they didn't specifically nerf Bleed on it to not trigger from landing it right away.

Everything looks like doodoo, your character almost blends in with the surroundings and that's not even an insult.