Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

The Long Road demo:
gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740

/rpgmg/ Discord:
discord.gg/CPvWzJK

Chain Game: Prologue
mediafire.com/file/xpr3vkt22mt6gwx/CollabProj.7z
Chapter 1 in progress | LeoHeart !!etRN8dI9InT

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgmaker.net/games/9618/images/75278/
youtube.com/watch?v=qnLpJROMMhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post progress Anons!
I know you want to.

Azulian city is almost done, just gotta link some areas together and the collab is off to BST (and the rest of you to play, of course).

I did this little game.

rpgmaker.net/games/9618/images/75278/

Tell me about your little game

It's about dreams, and THE GREAT WHALE OF TIME. There's only 2 dungeons, one city, I did it in like 2 days, and it's overflowing with stupid humor. I did it to test the potential of RTP and rpg maker when you're locked on not using plugins and stuff out of the engine's assets. It was quite a fun experiment.

I don't got progress to post. Haven't progresso'd in months now.

stairs still look like ladders

water height still makes no sense

I'm playing it right now, it's not so bad for a test project. Didn't run into any game breaking bugs or something like that.
Did you learn a thing or two while making this?

Bump

All in under 2 days? My, oh my. Can you make my project, too, please?

>You
A-user...

bump

I dug around some old forum posts from 2007 and reminded myself what I loved about RPG maker.

The gay-ass community?

Why are you slacking off, user?

So I modified a MV tileset and saved it WITH photoshop and in PNG format and it's not fucking transparent. At no point did I use paint or anything. I don't know what Is going on, it has a white background when WHITE should be transparent.

I thought using photoshop and saving it as a PNG should let it be transparent but it's not. I fucking suck at this.

And if I attempt to erase the white background, it DOES turn transparent but then the tileset has fucked up white pixels that I have to erase by hand. Fuck that. I just don't understand transparency

You have to SAve for Web, and also check a flag.

Did you Flatten the image before saving?

I will google "flatten" inmediately to attempt to find a solution. Thanks!

No idea what that means. Sorry for being dumb, but I really should learn basic shit. Here are the save options photoshop gives me

No I did not flatten the image before saving. I merged layers, but not flatten. I don't think merging layers should deny me transparency

In the file menu, just two rows after "Save As", is an option saying "Save for Web and Devices..." In it, you can select the PNG format, and have a bunch of options including Transparency.

I'm not familiar with Photoshop but a white background does not equal to transparency.
Add an alpha channel to your picture and delete the white.

The tileset shows up with these retarded fucking white pixels. I am too dumb to manage simple transparency and tileset edition and it pisses me off. Sorry for bothering y'all but this is not for me. I'm going to go play videogames and stop trying to make them

Post your file(s) user

The innovation. It was even part of the forum's motto.

Fuck, what can I use in the RTP for stairs?

Because I'm not feeling well, the entire day was spent visiting doctors.
I will continue to make progress tomorrow.

I thought you were one of those resource wizards. Can't you just conjure something up?

Pretty sure it's RTP only for the collab

I never agreed to that. Plus theres already non rtp music. What's difference would stairs make.

That kinda takes the fun out of it. Imagine the Animatrix, or all those flash shorts, if everyone work in the same style and didn't distinguish themselves.

Definitely! Figured out some efficient ways to do eventing and stuff. The whole game has 2 like only 2 variables and 3 switches. I'd do the same game with six thousand switches and dozens of event pages.
I also learned the joy of Labels. How could anyone live without that?

It's not too complicated if you don't have to deal with assets or plugins. I got hooked when I first started because I found about the MV's dlc folder with plenty of good music tracks and rode the hype train.
The goal was to make it 15 minutes from start to finish but I got emotional over it and wanted some more fun with the characters.

The trick is to never do the same thing for long periods of time. The variety of 'make one map for 20 minutes, switch to creating enemies for 10, then 15 minutes of eventing, it all goes much faster this way.

You don't need new stairs, you just need to use the ones you have properly. Stairs are slopes. They will either need to stick out from the wall, or cut into it.

FES hype!

when it finally comes to the states, will you 3ds owners be downloading it, or at least the free player app?

It's never been "RTP only". Collabs have always been whatever the dev puts in. The only reason RTP is used plentifully for it is for compatability's sake.

How do I sell games made with that?

I see, thanks for the image reference. I always parallax map so I'm not used to using these tiles at all.

You probably can't, much like the PS1 version. If that's the case, though, they'll probably be very generous with the rights to your game. That's actually partly why my game is in the PS1 version. I sent a certified letter to AgeTec announcing my intent, and per the game manual I now own all the rights to my creation, free and clear. Don't need copyright drama on the first project.

: ^ )

Can anyone tell me about Cherry Tree High Comedy Club? A friend I talked with told me it was made with some sort of RPG maker.

It's like Persona without the battles. You up your Social Links and do your homework. Think it was made in RPGM XP. I highly recommend it as a fun time-waster

So... it's a visual novel? Is it a good visual novel at least? I've not played a lot of VNs, so I don't have much of a basis for knowing what's good or not.

It's like a dating sim, because you have to manage your time, money, and stats. Except you're not dating anybody.

And yes, it is good. The English translation was done by the Phoenix Wright team at Capcom and they know their way around a piece of text.

Okay, I guess that doesn't sound too bad. I'm always hesitant about VN or Sim-type games though, because I'm never sure if it's something I could like.

I'm thinking of making a game as well that's sort of a VN, but it always goes back to "what if there's no draw to it? Should I be having the player do something other than talk to the main characters...?"

Steam refused to host VNs for the longest time, then Greenlight showed them that there are VN fans, and sometimes VNs are all they play. No matter what you make, you will find an audience.

As long as it's decently made

Bump

bumb

Are you guys gonna use custom control scheme in your game?

Anything you are particular proud of in your game?

What happened to that dude who made a game with characters who looked like characters from the Persona games?

The art I did for I was very proud of because I can't art, but I managed to art that art. But, now I'm moving on to a different project (cause that was for VX Ace and I want to use MV) so I won't be using that art..

Good night bump

Collab will be uploaded and passed on to BST tomorrow evening!

Oh, nice. Which morning, though? EST?

Why is it I get super motivated when I'm a way from home?

In like 14-16 hours from now.

More time to be in your own head while experiencing something out of your daily reutine

Aversion maybe. There are types who move away from negative rather than towards positive. So they dont do anything until its bad or they want to escape. Or there's a shortage or absence of a thing.
I imagine giving them all the time in the world to do something that's in abundance will kill any hope of motivation.

Coping strategies? Other than short deadlines, idk.

Live!

Making a chore out of it won't make things easier either.

>fork

If I make a game that plays like Princess Maker 2, is that considered a fan-game and against copyright, or is it a part of that type of genre?

Do you lift any assets from PM2? If not, you're just making another hybrid management sim/RPG like Recettear or Long Live the Queen

depends on how similar it is. If the whole screen layout and everything looks exactly the same. If you take 2 screenshots and can't tell they're from different games aside from the menu being a different color, I'd be a little cautious about claims otherwise it's fine.

Are you placing traps in your dungeons?

youtube.com/watch?v=qnLpJROMMhc
Video related.

With my party, every map in the game is filled with traps.

I'm bored.

So what type of games could be made with rpg maker mv engine?
Aside from Rpgs and visual novels.
Can you make chess? Or battle ship?

Chess, sure.
Battleship, sure.

But if you're REALLY good you can make a Dragon Ball Z fighting game where Goku fights Sephiroth with full-screen sprites and actual combos.

still workin' on that game, right user?

How many cute girls can you beat up in your game?

bump