MX-5 Miata RF

Anyone have one? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it?

Anyone have one?
>Veeky Forums
>cars worth over 3k
What do you like about it?
Its a miata
What don't you like about it?
Its more expensive than a mustang GT

I want to buy one but I showed up at the Mazda dealer last Monday driving a 4 year old Lexus and wearing a Brioni suit and literally everyone in the place acted like I had the plague. Fuck that. I stood around for 10 minutes trying to open doors on Mx5s and doing my best to look like I wasn't just there to waste time. They can get fucked I'll go buy an 86 and drive that until the new supras are out .

I remember reading that they are quite a bit heavier than the rag tops, but I can't cite a source. Maybe car and driver.

Car and driver said that there was substantially more wind noise with the top down than with the regular mx5. That being said, I still really want one

Why didn't you talk to anyone you giant sperg?

Anyway the RF is gorgeous, particularly in that crazy ceramic color, but less headroom than the ragtop. The extra weight doesn't affect it noticably.

>nonwhite detected
Every dealership I've ever been to there's been 4 salesmen hunting me down the second I pull into the parking lot

I could have sworn I read they had a bit more headroom than the soft top...

it looks glorious on red

I'm so white that I'm pink bro Fuck that. I'm not doing them any favors by seeking them out. Some nigger salesman actually tried to hide from me so he could finish choking down his egg Muffin

kinda reminds me of a 240z that's been squished together

>tfw no L swapped miata

>we priced to compete with german luxury cars now

I want it but I can't afford it. If I could afford it I wouldn't want it.

Which German luxury cars are we talking about here?

I know it'd be a silly waste of money but I'm still waiting to see somebody strip the power top hardware and weld the top in place. I doubt it'd get back to soft-top weight but maybe it'll get closer

I absolutely love mine. It only cost me $32k but damn I bet those minivans passing me are jelly.

THIS.

If I win lotto I plan on this.

I mean if it can shoehorn into an S13 it should be possible.

I dunno. I sat in one yesterday right before buying a ragtop ND, and it seemed very slightly less roomy. I didn't take as much time in adjusting my seat, though.

i saw one IRL recently

they're pretty neat, but i would still rather have the normal miata because personally, i like roadsters.

if i didn't like roadsters i'd spend the money on a cayman instead. Deffinately more sporty and faster than the damn RF miata.

>s13 with an L engine

holy shit this is fantastic

I own a soft top 2016 one.

The car is freaking awesome man. So lightweight and good torque. Toss it around all over the city with no problems.

Power is actually surprisingly good for a miata too. does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.Two of my friends have been surprised at how much the liked the car when they drove it.

Test drive it. Trust me. It will win you over.

>TFW racing in streets instead of using it for its intended purpose; the mountains

I took mine to the mountains last month and went all out on the down hill drive. Was going fast, tires screeched on every turn and got a bit of slippage. Was terrifying and amazing at the same time.

Just leave it closed. I doubt it is worth the effort.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a hardtop shell that makes a normal ND look like the RF. But if anyone does weight reduction on the RF they'll also have to adjust the suspension. Sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

A base 230i or 320i? Would be kinda weird to get a generic pajeetmobile instead of a head-turner like the RF.

Reminder

I want to FUCK this Miata.

i'm nonwhite and got a test drive of a ND with no problems. a year later when i took my own shitbox miata for service at the same place the sales guy remembered me and asked if i was still interested in the ND. m-maybe one day i said.

i've only sat in an RF but it looks the sex and rear visibility isn't as bad as i feared.

My friend test drove one and said that the wind noise is awful and it's not fun to drive either

Why the fuck does it look so smug?