/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-undub-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.463642
youtube.com/watch?v=FI0kqCOk-hE
zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/
youtu.be/FTQbiNvZqaY
imgur.com/a/G2vXi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obligatory UNDUB shilling post:
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-undub-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.463642
youtube.com/watch?v=FI0kqCOk-hE

Interactive map: zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

My life is now fighting Lynels.
Why won't the just give me their star pieces??

Walk Zora's river backwards wearing stealth set. Sneakstrike everything, free 100-150 arrows every blood moon

Is Zelda called Zelda Hyrule or Zelda Bosphoramus Hyrule

should i watch the credits?

Obligatory -fuck off- post.

No strategy, I'm just playing around with no set path.
I did Vah Ruta first, then went exploring Hyrule Castle to look for the recipe for one of the very first quests you get, but I accidentally triggered the final fight so "oh well" defeated Ganon while I were at it.
Earlier this day I completed Medoh because I found the Rito village while dicking around.

Obligatory love you too post.

>feeding your horse endura carrots will give them extra speedboosts

There isn't a second playthrough yet right? That was DLC?

>champion tunic isn't part of a set
>none of the dye colors match any of the colors of the tunic so you can't accessorize it well with the hylian hood or pants or something
>the white dye is too white
>the light yellow is too yellow

I'm actually triggered over this

So, I just used the trainer/hacks to get some of the amiibo stuff.
Is there a list with items and their values(durability)?
I edited a branch to the sword (Hero Set) but after I hit one bat it's close to breaking

>Doesn't work on Ganon Horse

Sad

>The darkness forest
>darkness doesn't end when finding the shrine
>all the things you lit up get extinguished when you go into the shrine
Fuck that place. I'm never going there again.
Getting a Bloodmoon while there is pretty cool though.

Where are the Hinox
I need your guts

What's the cheapest way to get amiibo stuff in my switch game besides borrowing amiibos?

I think that the fierce deity pants fit well

Just go with the default tan Hylian pants or any color of soldier greaves, then put the Amber/diamond head piece on

Buying 100 NFC tags from china and making your own Amiibos
Delivery only takes one month

That place is really cool and I wish there were more genuinely pitch-black places in the game.

Hard mode making things significantly darker would be pretty cool, forcing you to camp out at night.

>Dinraal shows up in the north
>Get a clean shot
>The part I want flies into the endless abyss off the edge of the universe
Thanks, Dinraal.

You can dye the tunic though right?

It's his iconic blue shirt, you can't dye that.

I want to paya Paya big paya

Does anybody have that map that shows you where the bosses are? I need to go Hinox farming but I only know where one is.

I know the position of three different stalnox tho

So can you dye any of the tunics? I want my OoT Zora tunic

You can use your smartphone if it has NFC and spoof amiibos or some shit like that.

I didn't bother with that stuff because afterwards I'd have to reload and pray to the RNG gods for the wanted drops.

I also just noticed that every set parts have 3 defense, so I guess I have to find/guess those values too

Just of the Wild

I linked it up top.

Is it possible for a wild horse to have 5 in anything? I've seen all sorts of numbers, including a 4 4 4 but never any horse with a 5 except the royal horse.

Looks like I'm doing all the shrines.

>Best girl by miles
>Hardly any art
Poor Paya.

Not that simple, you need an N2 Elite or that Action Replay Amiibo.

The africa zone has horses that are either 5 3 5 or 4 4 5.
13 stars seems to be the max number of stars a horse can have.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN ARE YOU KIDDING ME

>best girl

alright great, thanks for that!

Is it possible to get the Fierce Deity on Switch?

My horse has two 5s haha

Do the stats change each blood moon?

Where'd you catch that?

I just want a 5 Speed with no less than 3 Stamina

Where can I find this?

>Director drops the green tunic as the main clothing because it doesn't "look cool"
>The thing that apparently "looks cool" is a blue pajama shirt that doesn't match anything else in game

Thx
They have huge guts
Rip and tear their guts

This.
The championship armour should've been the new green tunic (and keep it dye-able)

Yeah, there's really no good reason given for Link not to have the green look as the main look in the game.

>Do the stats change each blood moon?
Horse stats and colors are randomized when you load game if you save in front of a group of them.

Go to Taobab and catch a few horses till you find one with 3 stamina then take it for a test run. Those can have 5 speed and are noticeably faster.

LEWD
but I approve

It's supposed to stand out from everything else.

youtu.be/FTQbiNvZqaY

The Yiga Clan can keep attacking me every minute, they aren't getting my fucking bananas.

Who's more smug Urbosa or Revali

This makes me want an anime series based on their antics from 100 years ago.

Guy wondering if wild horses could have 5 stars here, just caught a 4 4 5 from taobab grasslands.

Brown horse with a silver mane.

Do we know what the highest guard up for Lynel Shields is?

I consistently get 4-3-4 at best even from taobab, and the nearest stable is like four minutes away. It's trash. Shrine level 99, 150 koroks, postgame, all beasts defeated, almost every enemy at this point is silver so it's unlikely that it's because I haven't scaled my world enough.

>4/4/5
That's okay, but you really want to be sanic. The best I've seen is 2/5/3 for speed.

>that hylian shield
1: how
2: are you gonna be sad when it eventually breaks

what did they meant by this?

That's a good question, despite killing enough Lynels that all of my bows are 5 shots, I haven't seen any good shields.
Or any star pieces

4-4-5 is more or less the common one there.
Pretty easily to distinguish, while taming takes approximately two rings of stamina and will obviously have 5 icons.
In my case these were almost always brown or black.
5-3-5 is the other one which takes a bit more than 2 rings of stamina. Mostly that greenish one.
I hope there's a 3-5-5, but no luck so far.

It's Link from the original handing off the Master Sword to Link from the most recent game, I think the message is pretty clear. If you still need it spelled out for you, it's simply a cute acknowledgment of how the series has changed over the years, and how it has stayed the same.

Champions >> Sages

All they need is a Sheikah Champion, surprised this wasn't Impa's role. I'd say a Korok as well but then I remember they're essentially forest spirits and most people can't see them

Is there a full list of all set bonuses? I've only been finding incomplete ones.

are there specific times that stalnox wake up? i found one during the day, waited around til night, a bloodmoon happened, it's now past midnight, and nothing has happened.

You're grabbing the wrong horses. Quit going for the easy ones.

I didn't go after it right at the beginning so it had modifiers in the chest.
Will probably never break.

>there's STILL literally no armor upgrade guide with all reagents required for all armor upgrades
wtf?

You don't need to take the horse all the way to the stable to tell if it has decent speed or stamina. Don't bother with the 4 stamina horses, and just save scum to catch a bunch.

BotW is pretty much "What if the first LoZ was released today?"

They come awake at 9pm until morning, but they won't wake up if you're standing there as it turns to night
Saving and reloading works

They don't wake up if you're standing on top of them. Set your radar to stalnox and walk away.

I'm not, you prick. I'm going for the solid colour horses with wild temperaments, I have no reason at all to go for easy ones because I can just nail them down with shock arrows and I have three full bars of stamina. The point is that it has nothing to do with location. My very first horse was 4-3-4 from the area by dueling peaks stables and I still haven't seen more than 3 speed, the only better horse I've seen is the white horse with 4-3-5. It's all luck.

I have also five of the 5-shot bows already and the best shields I got are in the image.

so besides her cute design, why do people like paya. her whole personality is UWWUUAA IM SO SHY... D-DONT LOOK DIRECTLY A-AT ME UWAA~! and from what i remember, besides being impas granddaughter or something, she's just a nobody

>you don't just wander into dungeons throughout the world apart from hyrule castle
I don't know about that.

Personally my favorite Hylian is Ivee

imgur.com/a/G2vXi

She's nervous and awkward which it may surprise you to know a lot of people like. She also keeps a diary where instead of stumbling over all her words she speaks with great clarity. She is dutiful and passionate but feels helpless/struggles with her inability to have more than incidental worth. Her personality as well as appearance is cute, she'd be ideal wife material irl and she's completely hungry for Link's dick (yet mature enough that if it were to turn out he loved another woman she would be willing to let go, which is a good thing because it means she's not crazy and clingy). It's pretty fri*kin obvious why she's popular imhobbqmyfam

>not Jules

Objectively wrong about several of their numbers. I made my own spreadsheet to track all the actual costs, started using their numbers but found myself COSTANTLY updating the required values.

I can already see errors in these.
Way to go official guide.

Last upgrades for Ancient set are only two giant cores and a single star fragment.
Any Amiibo outfit also needs only one star fragment per upgrade, no matter which level.

>Tfw couldn't get to computer for however long since the release
>Tfw missed all the cool release memes
>Tfw still to poorfag to afford switch or game
Fuck my life

Ayo I'm blocking out forms still. any suggestions? I can't actually play the game so I'm kinda limited.

because they can't handle a real waifu like Purah

>upset about the joy of discovery not being ruined
Get a wii u not a switch btw and is the only certified 100% natural organic Good Meme about the game, otherwise there's just a bunch of noxious forced waifushit.

In the Mini-Golf shrine if I miss a shot do I have to leave the shrine and come back to get a new ball?

the switch sold out anyway

Wider hips and a little more orange

Well I just beat ganon.
Man you guys were complaining about the final boss so much.
It really wasn't that good
hey but it was still pretty cool fighting him on horseback with zelda doing some cool shit
this is definitely one of those "journey rather than the destination" games. I'd still give it a 9/10 just because I loved the exploration so much and I held off on ending the game for about a week just to keep exploring.

That head is mad small what the fuck

artificial scarcity

Addition:
Climbing Set needs 15, and not 20, Swift Violet for the last upgrades.
Flamebreaker Set is also wrong. I don't remember it exactly but I know for a fact that the last upgrades needs 5 butterflies.
Stealth Set needs those Snails a level before (if I remember correctly) and those fucking fish for the last upgrade.

Seriously, did they have any quality check on that?
Also, I heard modifiers for shields are completely missing.
Whoever wrote this, seriously.

>I'd still give it a 9/10 just because I loved the exploration so much and I held off on ending the game for about a week just to keep exploring.
That's the thing, killing ganon isn't even the destination and it's a better fight the less equipped you are. It's just not clear that it's 1: actually possible and 2: won't have any negative repercussions to go straight to the castle and give it the old college try. I think beating ganon again after each beast and before any beasts at all would be the "right" way to play, treating it as something you do regularly to measure your progress.

so i was late on getting a ocarina of time link amiibo but wanted a physical one and not just spoofing so i looked online bc every store was sold out and saw ever scalper selling for 100usd or more but saw one on amazon selling for 45usd with 10usd shipping so i decided well might as well check canada amazon and the same guy was selling for the same amount but in canadian and both came out to 55 for the difrent currency because cheaper shipping but same actual price and ordered the canadian one to ship to the us for 10 usd cheaper than the us amazon one, did i do gud in jewing a amiibo resale jew?
also solving captcha on wiiu is aids

Reminder that's no timeline and all the games are just slightly altered retelling of the same legend

Also barbarian requires 3 lynel guts per piece on the last step, not 10. God damn that would've taken fucking forever.