/deg/ - Dr. Eggman General

Welcome to the Doctor Eggman General. Let's worship and praise our benevolent master and conqueror, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik! Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/deg/ #702 - Smug Egg Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_31houtERxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FASTER THAN SONIC

YOU KIDNAPPED THE PRESIDENT AND SARA SO YOU COULD TAKE OVER SOUTH ISLAND, DIDN'T YOU?!

bruh you need to leave /sthg/ in the op somewhere so I can find it in the catalog

Third for portable Sonic!

Do you really think he'd do something that underhanded?
Him?

YES

YES!

Just type in "Sonic" and you'll find it?

You don't just go to "search" and search for "sonic"?

watch it be a fucking rush game

Yes

YES!

I fucking wish

It'll be the same game as the other versions man. The days of Colors/Generations/Lost World portables has passed.

Nice pic.

Welp this is looking like shadow the hegehog

-----V
------\
___/O\____

As long as the dialogue isn't too annoying and can be turned off, it will be fine. SA2's final level had this as well, and it wasn't that annoying.

>just noticed the ominous sounding alarm blaring in the Forces gameplay
That's a nice touch. I'm hoping the other levels have more dynamic stuff like that.

Thanks for the pic, user!

>third style

muh new waifu

I understand why he made the mistake.
Someone in the previous thread Mae a comment about switching it but didn't specify to only change the one in the subject.

OP did the right thing by changing it from /egg/, and probably just out of reflex changed the one next to the number in the body text as well. That one should probably always say /sthg/, but it's no biggie for one thread.

Someone posted this in the previous thread after the bump limit.
It's really well done.

>Third gameplay style is a dating game Chrono

I posted this on /v/ and they liked it. So what the hell.

youtu.be/_31houtERxg

Have they gone back to the Generations model?

>third style is ground squirrel

There ain't no party like a Eggman party, 'cause a Eggman party never dies.

Or else.

You can see the "want to" in those eyes.

Amy's the lewdest.

>thinking they'll have the time to put your favorite oc in the game
That's where your wrong kiddo

This is what they should have showed off in the 25th anniversary party. It looks real good.

Third style is making flawed plans that fail and almost get everyone killed and then your character cries about it?

This is really fucking well made

This looks better then what we actually got, what the hell.

Sega should be paying you. Send this to Aaron.

So real talk for a minute...given the backgrounds and settings we saw in the gameplay, I must ask.

What would the name of this City be?

Rooftop Ruin

Green Hill City.

I don't know where I'd send it.

You can call it whatever you want. No one will be around to hear it.

Southopolis

Probably towards the Sonic twitter or pming it to the FB page.

I don't think this is better.

Just tweet it @ him or something.

I'm so fucking happy about that, I'm so happy we live in a world where the promise of the Vita finally came.
The only down side is now Sega will never feel a need to make separate handheld titles meaning no more Rush or whatever.

Essentially.

Simple, just make a main game set in Solverse then. Problem solved.

Does anyone have any comparisons in the differences between Unleashed, Generations and Lost World's model?

New Donk City.

They've probably replaced Rush with Classic style games. It is very likely that they will make more games like Mania in the future. So instead of having handheld/console Sonic games, we have Classic/Modern Sonic games. If they do go in that direction, it would be a great thing.

Wow, I never noticed how much they shortened his spines!

>yfw dimps announces a new Rush game in the Hedgehog Engine 2 as their next portable game.
Dimps has like two Switch games being made by them so pls be good
I'd still like a 2.5D boost Sonic again.

His spines look REALLY short in the gameplay demo.

There was a time when Sonic Team wanted to make Sonic's quils shorter to match his classic design more.

It's noticeable here They don't droop down as much. Same idle pose from LW too.

I really wish Dimps' Sonic Lost World 3DS had been another boost side-scroller. I think it would have been better received that way.
Of course, I'm someone who enjoyed Generations 3DS, so I'm probably just biased.

I wonder if they used up all the time to create new levels. They said they took a long time to create because of how fast you go through them, which was one of their motivations for trying to get away from the boost gameplay.

>yfw No boys

Fucking great!

I think the Lost World model is perfect.

A lot of people disliked Gens 3DS, it was an okay game but it was the weakest of the boost handheld titles, Gens 3DS suffered from terrible level design for 90% of the levels despite having okay controls.
I'm still mad Sega never just released some classic 3D Sonic's on 3DS or Vita

>If they do go in that direction, it would be a great thing.
That it would.

I heard it was because Dimps was only given six months to make Gens 3DS. Is that claim legit?
If so, then it's rather impressive what they did manage to make!

I'm almost certain we're going that way. There will be a new line of "Classic" titles much like how Mario has NSMB.

Well it's been 6 years this year since Gens. That's quite a gap for development IF the team behind the boost games have been focusing on Forces during that time.

I really wish they'd put out a Mania demo.

Dimps reportedly had about that much time for both Gens and LW, the Boom SC team apparently had to also deal with their fair share of shit with them not being invited to meetings about the game leading to them not knowing what was going on.
Here's something even more crazy, apparently Sega did the same thing as Capcom when they got the 3DS dev kits, it was rumored that like Resident Evil 5, Sonic Colors was running on a 3DS at some point but they never used this knowledge for anything.

They have.
It's at conventions.

I wonder what the gimmick will be in this game to let us explore different and varied locations. On Unleashed it was a world adventure because the planet tore apart; On Colors, there were different planets tied together; On Generations, we visited stages from previous games because of a dimensional monster.

Damn. It's a miracle any of the handheld titles get made apparently.

>tfw you've played it

>dat return fire at the giant Egg robots

Would it be too optimistic too hope it's GUN?

I personally prefer Generations model. I love his quills longer.

I think it's GUN too!

Sega has treated their non main teams like shit, Fire and Ice is the first non Sega Sonic in years to have proper support and backing from the main team.

Well, the Chaotix are back so who knows?

Hopefully that support will continue in the future. I'd love to see Dimps create original Sonic games again.

>GUN
Shadooooow pls be in the game

GUN means the return of human characters and Shadow the Hedgehog. While I think that's a good thing, a lot of people would shit on the game hard for having those things.

Half of me thinks it's GUN

The Other half makes me think it's Sonic's friends manning the cannons, seeing as how it's confirmed they're on the front lines talking to Sonic via Radio during the later portion of that level.

Maybe both?

Decades later, I still don't know what was going on here.
Was metal getting a hard on for Sara?

The Chaotix aren't really comparable to GUN. They show up far more often.

Same, The handheld market has reached a new high and it would be a shame if Sega didn't do anything about it
this image it outdated btw, epic recommends the PS4/Xbox settings for switch docked with further optimization done by hand to reach 60fps/30fps depending on title.

He's acting embarrassed at seeing her panties.

Sorry to bring up old shit but did we ever hear word on the whole" Archie no longer publishing Sonic comics thing"

Sonic was seeing synchronized with Metal, so he could see what Metal could see, and Metal was practically in Sara's crotch.

Not from Archie we didn't, and Aaron knows nothing about it.

We don't know shit. Someone asked Aaron at the SXSW panel and he dodged the question super hard.

Aaron has been asked numerous times and said when there was new information, he'd let us know. But I doubt he will.

IMO it's nothing major. Archie wants to focus their efforts on their in-house brands and Riverdale, and it's strongly implied that Ian Flynn might be writing Forces so he'd be too busy. Official staff have been asked and they weren't worried.

Quill length has generally corresponded to how fast the gameplay is. Unleashed>Generations>Colors>Lost World in both speed and quill.

Guaranteed they're just placeholders right now, they'll finalize the model and animations later. This isn't even a ME:A "they'll totally fix it!"; game isn't going to be out until December so it's not like everything is set in stone now.

>it's strongly implied that Ian Flynn might be writing Forces

Nothing really.

Monday we'll find out if Mega Drive is coming out on the 29th.

Someone recently had their Champions paperback trade pre-order cancelled from their LCS. And a few trades no longer have a release date on Amazon.

>I doubt he will

I'm slowly beginning to believe Aaron is not /ourguy/

Not wanting to bring any shit here in this thread, but is Utopia really as good or even a proper 3D Sonic game as the others make it out to be?

>Running through a warzone of Giant Eggbots battling with G.U.N forces as your friends keep you posted about their own on going battles

I'm getting turned on, if the master emerald is part of the reason why Eggman is capable of this, I would love it even more, In fact, I'd love if we see the commander from Shth in the game and it's him directing G.U.N's attack on Eggman's Egg Soldiers and I'd die of an orgasm if it turns out not only is Classic Eggman involved with this but so is Eggman Nega leading to Blaze and Silver joining the fight.