If you had to pick between a 2004 mustang cobra or a 2016 mustang premium, which one would you pick...

If you had to pick between a 2004 mustang cobra or a 2016 mustang premium, which one would you pick? They both have their pros and cons but I'm leaning toward the cobra for the tires. But finding one stock seems pretty much impossible

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1105-592hp-46l-2v-motor-for-2298/
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/6105441459.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6092269246.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/6074851405.html
ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2004 svt cobra&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
ebay.com/itm/2001-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-Convertible-2-Door-/222414286424?hash=item33c8ecae58:g:MDAAAOSw-0xYlkTd&vxp=mtr
performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8627
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The premium of course.
>willingly buying a 18yr old car for 20+k
It's like you don't like money or something.

I actually give a shit about safety so the new one.

Also dat new car smell/warranty/not looking like a poorfag to normies

Is premium a V8?

I certainly hope a 2004 Cobra is not still going to have its factory tires

I hope the pic of the Mach 1 you posted isn't the cobra you're looking at

How would you look like a poorfag in a cobra? Even for someone who knows dick about cars it would become fairly obvious this is not a standard mustang
Yeah that's the biggest turn off for me. It's a large price tag for a car that old.
I'm pretty sure it is
Of course not I just didn't feel like downloading a random cobra

You'd have to break my arm to get me back in my older Mustang, cobras are cool though.

2016 gt with the performance pack, don't really care about all the premium stuff

Thats why I said normies.

Cobra. Run of the mill new gts won't be worth much ever.

>Getting an older and slower car because of a name badge.

Your opinion is wrong.

True bit who cares what normies think? It's because of stupid normies that newer cars are so overpriced in the first place

>irs
>supercharged 4.6
>just a badge
fuck off idiot.

Guard a best
I really like grabber blue don't get me wrong

But he's right, a 2016 v8 mustang is faster than a 04 cobra. Even a stock 16 mustang would btfo a lot of cobras

a 4.6 GT with a bolt on turbo kit is just as fast as a cobra

I'm not saying the cobra is faster. I'm saying it's more collectible and will be worth more than a normal gt in the long run.

>supercharged 4.6 v stock coyote 5.0
really made my neurons tingle

Fucking benchracer kids. There's more to cars than 0-60 and quarter mile times.

You're the benchracer acting like a supercharger is hot shit. The SVT was good in its day. The price it's valued at is outrageous.
>b-but muh collectible
No one's gonna give a shit apart from you and a couple enthusiasts. Why sacrifice a newer car/comfort/reliability just because the SVT is a little special?

no user, it is a mustang

True but I've heard a lot of horror stories from people trying to sell a 20k car privately. But it's a valid point

Also I just realized I could just get a 2012 gt500 for about the same price as a 2016 premium. Seems like a much better option

if op plans to drive it a lot getting a gt would be the better option then since miles would hurt the value
or if op plans to mod it

DOES NOT COMPUTE.
The 2v + turbo does not make a 4v with a supercharger.
2003 mustang gt owner that knows it's easier to sell the car than make power with it.
The 2v is made for reliability and it's ability to run on regular gas, it isn't a hotrod motor.

The point is there's no real reason to spend that much on a car that old when you can get a newer car that is superior in almost every way, especially performance wise

hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1105-592hp-46l-2v-motor-for-2298/

>2004
>2016
"I'm kinda leaning towards the piece of shit from 2004 that everyone hates to look at"

???????????????????

Okay come on now, that is a beautiful fucking car considering it's age

>we dynoed a motor outside of a car once, it's ez pz to make power.

you can make 400 out of it without a problem

At the crank, sure.
The stock cobras were underrated from the factory.

Get a mint mach 1 for like 12k

I like the color, but I'm not sold on paying 12k for a mach 1. I really wanted one for a while but paying for premium and worse gas mileage for not much more hp seems like an odd side grade from a new edge gt.

>mach 1
>mint
>12k
Why not use the money for a full blown sex change instead? Since it's basically the same thing

Nobody is going to collect 2004 Mustangs.

>get 2016 premium
>sell on CL like pic related
>use money to buy used miata (~$5000) use leftover to fix up my Celica (~$2000 with everything)
>any left after that goes into a Honda passport or older jeep (~$4000) so I can have my /k/ and /out/ autism
>use even more leftovers to buy a motorcycle, (~$6000) probably a Victory cuz my dad has one or a sportster cuz manlet
>still has about $15k left over
>splurge for mothers day gifts
>left with ~$12000 after it all
>save it for a rainy day or for a series of little vacation and roadtrips or guns
Keep in mind these are just my max budgets, I am almost certainly gonna find better deals on these cars and have even more saved

They already are.

It's collectable because it has IRS and a forged engine.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/6105441459.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6092269246.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/6074851405.html

inb4 you can ask anything you want.

Then what are you going to do buy a new mustang?
It's a great car for the price you mongoloid, will hold its value too

Sure they are. The boomer who knows what he's got type of collecting.

How is IRS anything special?

Look at sold ebay auctions. None of them sell for for > $20K. Apologies for URL.

>ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2004 svt cobra&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Actually I've been considering a 2011 v6 mustang in grabber blue.
Also azure blue and grabber blue are different.

>Actually I've been considering a 2011 v6 mustang in grabber blue
Don't do it jackass get the mach 1 instead it's better than that V6 there's even Vortech supercharger kit for it. Looks better in white with black stripes anyways

>go to cl
>every cobra listed for over 20k
Boomers BTFO

Two of those are under 20k miles.

I did appreciate that those were very low-mileage examples. But it's not like the ebay ones are outrageously more. The $20K one is 33K.

For a commuter? The 2011 v6 has 300hp and 30 mpg.
I already own a new edge gt.
The mach 1 isn't a worth wile trade.

>This car runs as new shifts smooth and everything works great. It has minor bolt on upgrades such as upgraded supercharger pulleys, exhaust, and frame connectors. Also has been retuned for upgrades. Not sure on specifics as i bought it like this.
Yea, that car is probably collectors grade.

How about trade for a 2007+ 350z?

lol please stop you autist

Get a civic for 3k if you just want a commuter.

Two can do that. Here's an all-stock one with 48K that sold for $10K.

ebay.com/itm/2001-Ford-Mustang-SVT-Cobra-Convertible-2-Door-/222414286424?hash=item33c8ecae58:g:MDAAAOSw-0xYlkTd&vxp=mtr

Is this bait? The 16 gt is faster than a cobra without question. To try to argue otherwise is just ignorant

Implying the 2001 cobra is related to the 2003/2004

Op here

So the best option for buying a 03-04 cobra is eBay? What do as if as test drive or is it basically a roll of dice?

Quit day dreaming you NEET

Don't even argue with them, senpai. Some people don't understand the concept of a car's soul. I'd personally drive a 2nd gen RX7 over a new Corolla any day, though the Corolla is faster.

Just buy a CPO/new mustang instead of playing a guessing game with a 13 year old car. If you want to go real hard you can have for install a supercharger on your CPO/new mustang/.
performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8627

Never buy anything sight unseen or without a test drive

>Ryosuke Takahashi
pls go

>I've never bought anything online
>inb4 I was talking about cars
>nigga pls

No LARPing on Veeky Forums makes me feel better

>test drive
>not about cars
>Taiwanese motoring forum

>comparing a rx7 to a corolla
This is like saying you'd rather live in a mansion than a trailer park. You look stupid as fuck when you make comparisons like thks

>he saved my gif

Not him but buying a car you've never seen let alone test driven is pretty idiotic. Unless it's brand fucking new

>my gif
Get out

It's okay I won't judge, change the filename next time goof

Are you done shitting up the thread? That's literally all you're doing here

Relax all I did was mention the gif, not the guy you were replying to

>hur dur you save me gif hur dur I special HUR
kill yourself please, we have enough retards on this planet

The only one triggered here is you, relax the autism attack it will soon pass

>this much autism

very nice

But yu went the trouble of putting some cringe name for attention, I think the autist is you the lithuanian street rat

>tumblr filename
Kek, what a Fuck'n dork

Making a wwe gif is the ultimate autism act, the fact you would tell people you made one takes it to new levels mankind has never seen. This may be world record breaking stuff.

Don't worry the frustration will pass

>even more autism

absolute top-tier thread

Go back to tumblr you fat whale

>le /a/ manchild gets le triggered

the absolue autism

I don't watch anime, sorry to disappoint you weeb. Tumblr is the place for an overweight like yourself

the autist keeps giving

I expect quicker responses from a sperg like you here all day

*autistic screeching*

My god, do you need attention this badly? What's wrong, mommy was too busy fucking Jamal to respond to your crying when you were little?

The sign of defeat, nothing left to say. Don't worry only a few will know of this day cancer got btfo

autism

>hes still replying after getting btfo

Cobra if you intend on keeping it another 10 years. 2016 if you want a much better dd

>I won mommy, I won an argument on the 'chon!!

A U T I S M

What's even more pathetic is that you're still replying to him with reaction images trying to convince everyone that you won the "argument"

Go save some better tumblr files those are getting old

autism level is brutal

>hes still not done
Keep replying to me your efforts are rising

absolute madman

Keep sperging little fella you will soon run out of tumblr tier .jpg's to post

>ARGH mommy he had tumblr filenames!!!

top kek!

You should go back and restock on some quality .jpg's my man you running a little dry