Does Veeky Forums like the chebby volt?

Does Veeky Forums like the chebby volt?

its an excellent commuter car

Horrible on the tooj tho. Almost wrecked my dads once before I knew about actual cars

What's tooj?

The Nurburgring

I'm going to replace the stock Goodyears with Michelin Premier A/S tires. They have a lot of good feedback from Volt owners.

I like mine, glorious low end torks make it pretty fun to drive, and you can mitigate the horrendous throttle lag the generator creates by putting it in mountain. Note that this only applies when the battery runs out, before that the throttle is above average, if not great.

Center console is total shite though, but I pretty much never use it. Fantastic "fuel economy" on the battery, and it still gets like 40mpg city on the generator. Great for getting groceries, decent interior, and sporty enough for a 5 door. The older models are cheap enough now to make it worth it if you want an electric car, but I admit I'm looking at the old civic 3 doors, I'd like a manual and I pretty much have the car on loan from my parents, even though I technically own it. They sold it to me for 8k, but they really should have it back considering they mostly do actually just get groceries.

Normalfags think the generator is loud, but I don't really give a shit.

I'm not really the intended market, I assume most of the appeal is that it's an electric car, and I'd prefer ICE.

Forgot to mention, the compression on the generator is 10:1 so you're going to be putting high octane in it, where I am there are only one or two gas stations that sell 93 that doesn't have a shitload of ethanol in it, so take that into account. I have put cheap gas in it once, and it ran fine, but I can't imagine that it's a good idea.

i think it looks nice for a hybrid, miles better looking than the prius
i rode in one once and it was comfy and seemed nice

May want to look into runflats if your gonna replace the tires. Could always wait for roadside assist but fuck that

They stopped selling it in Australia

>for a hybrid
not a hybrid reeeeeeeee

Looking into getting a gen 1 because poor, what should I know when looking for one?

damn weeb

I agree on the low throttle response. It feels a little delayed. I don't find the center console as troublesome as others. I rarely use it, and when I do, it's not too difficult.

The Volt takes 91.

I love the look, and the interior is pretty nice too. The back seat is pretty tight, though. It's my least favorite part of the car.

On a positive note, the center console on the 2013-2015 is pretty sweet.

I'm okay with waiting for roadside assistance. The car also comes with a puncture repair kit, but I've never used it.

Yeah, that's too bad. Did you guys get the Ampera? It's pretty cool looking too.

It's a hybrid only when it uses gas.

The 2013-2014 model year's battery got an increase from 16 kWh to 16.5 kWh, resulting in an EPA rated 38 miles of all electric range, up from 35 miles for the 2011-2012.

The 2013+ model years got "Hold" mode, allowing the driver to run the engine at any time to "hold" the current battery charge level for when using it is most efficient, like city driving.

The 2013-2015 model years got an optional rear center console/armrest.

The 2013-2015 model got a default reduced charge rate after events of charging 2011-2012 Volts resulted in melted plugs. The default charge rate is 8 amps and takes 16 hours for a full charge. To charge at the maximum rate of 12 amps and reduce the charge time to 10 hours, an option must be selected by pressing the button with a picture of a leaf on it, selecting "charging" on the touch screen, and selecting the 12 amp option. This will default back to 8 amps when shifting out of park.

The 2014-2015 model years got structural refinements, increasing safety in a small overlap collisions. It received a score of "acceptable" by the IIHS. The 2011-2013 model years were never tested.

The 2015 model year's battery got another increase from 16.5 kWh, to 17.1 kWh. This model year was never EPA tested, but if it was, one might expect a rating of 41 miles of all electric range.

I highly recommend finding a Volt with the optional heated front seats and backup camera. Running the cabin heater takes a lot of power and can reduce the all electric range by 35-40%. The heated seats use much less power to operate, and make little difference in all electric range. Rear visibility is very limited, so getting a Volt with a backup camera is worthwhile.

Finally, try to find a Volt with a high "lifetime MPG" rating (press the button with a picture of a leaf on it, then select "energy info" on the touch screen). A high lifetime MPG rating means the engine was used less, and more of the total miles on the odometer were driven on all electric range.