Illegal Gumball / Cannonball Cross Country Race

>Race costs 100,000 to enter
> Isn't even a "race"

I want to participate in a road race where people want to win instead of party at expensive hotels and do lines of blow off tranny hooker's dicks. Real prize money, real race, no legal paperwork, no 100,000 dollar entry fee, coast to coast.

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/meet-the-guy-who-drove-across-the-u-s-in-a-record-28-h-1454092837
youtu.be/NRxhtZNUMkw
youtu.be/PL-LJKuxfCc
youtu.be/H7IwEQGM_Vk
thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/03/ny-la-26-hours-28-minutes-gt-r-powered-dual-control-infiniti-q50/
jalopnik.com/here-s-the-data-from-ed-bolian-s-record-setting-cross-c-1648466595
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>want to race on the road
>going over the speed limit is illegal
What did he mean by this?

Make your own, I'll come.

Ill go if you guys set it up and we do it for the fastest time possible coast to coast.

Veeky Forums bragging rights

An illegal race obviously.

Easy op just hire a third party timing company and go for it. Only problem is that fag from the ass monkey show got a tattoo of his time so he is obviously the winner forever because he said so.

jalopnik.com/meet-the-guy-who-drove-across-the-u-s-in-a-record-28-h-1454092837

Its a rich man's sport you will never beat the guy youtu.be/NRxhtZNUMkw

Wait, is that what Americans think of as speeding? That's casual cruising speed for high end cars on the Autobahn if traffic allows.

then entrance fee gets donated to charity so in reality its a fee of 100k thats totally tax deductable and you get a sick 3000 mile road trip out of it with all expenses covered

and it is indeed a race the first one to compleate the ralley gets a trophy

just so you know if you use more than one radar detector in a car then they will all false off each other or not even work at all

that article is clearly bullshit and the guy claiming to have broken the record is bullshit

Ya except our country is 3000 miles across how many miles long is the autobahn?

It's all about getting a high average speed. Obviously there will be cameras and police so they have to be careful about it.

He also had a few phazers and radar jammers too. Well Richard Rawllings thinks it's real and he is TV so it must be real.

What difference does it make?

Ya totally fake I'm sure your bus pass is faster.

youtu.be/PL-LJKuxfCc

youtu.be/H7IwEQGM_Vk

German autobahns have no federally mandated speed limit for some classes of vehicles.[1] However limits are posted (and enforced) in areas that are urbanized, substandard, accident-prone, or under construction. On speed-unrestricted stretches, an advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph) applies. While going faster is not illegal as such in the absence of a speed limit, it can cause an increased liability in the case of an accident; courts have ruled that an "ideal driver" who is exempt from absolute liability for "inevitable" tort under the law would not exceed Richtgeschwindigkeit. I'm sure you are the ideal driver in a high performance legal car too. I'm guessing your stuck doing the 81mph speed limit. In States like Utah the speed limit is 80mph.

That's 98mph average. Including fuel stops and other slowdowns. Also you're mixing up units.

>advisory speed limit

It took a team of people and 50k with of car and gear for current fastest across the USA with proof. how much money are you guys planning on spending?

This is your guy then!

3k Civic with a couple of simple mods.
$200 for fuel and gas station tendies.

Sounds like a typical 4 day road trip then in the civic

When they were moving, which, impressively, was all but 46 minutes of the trip, they were averaging around 100 mph. Their total average was 98 mph, and their top speed was 158 mph, according to an onboard tracking device.

Simple mods. The Benz's gas tank was only 23 gallons, so he added two 22-gallon tanks in the trunk, upping his range to about 800 miles. The spare tire had to go in the backseat

To foil the police, he installed a switch to kill the rear lights and bought two laser jammers and three radar detectors. He commissioned a radar jammer, but it wasn't finished in time for the trek. There was also a police scanner, two GPS units and various chargers for smartphones and tablets -- not to mention snacks, iced coffee and a bedpan.
By the time he tricked out the Benz, which included a $9,000 tuneup, "it was a real space station of a thing," he said, describing the lights and screens strewn through the car's cockpit.

>only $200 for tendies
That's not even one meal's worth of tendies friend

Richard Rawllings n addition to the Run record you also won the Gumball 3000 twice.

How angry does the name Ed Bolian make you?

[Laughs] You know, I’m not sure about the Cannonball Run record he claims to have set last year. I haven’t been able to study it. I heard about it happening, but Ed won’t release the data showing his route or actual time because he’s nervous about the authorities or something.

Cannonball Run Record Broken Again. The date, Oct 20th 2013, with a time of 28 hours & 51 minutes! This was achieved by Ed Bolian & Co-driver Dave Black, driving a heavily modified Mercedes CL55 AMG, with all types of scanners, Jammers, chargers & navigation equipment. The AMG powered Merc was even fitted with an additional 44 gallon fuel tanks mounted in the boot to reduce stoppage times!

They had beaten the record which earlier that year had been held by Garage Monkeys “Fast & Loud” Richard Rawlings & friend Dennis Collins who achieved a time of 32 hours & 7 minutes using a Ferrari 550!!! Their run started over a bet during a Gumball 3000 event for $50,000.

fake news

here lemme make a youtube video saying somthing with a watermark in the corner
that makes it true!

if there was indesputable proof that someone did this then the cops could arrest him

Looks like there is a new fastest time in a Nissan.

thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/03/ny-la-26-hours-28-minutes-gt-r-powered-dual-control-infiniti-q50/

Kek

Here is his proof faggot he hired a third party tracking software company all the data is in the link PDF. It's a lot more then gss monkey guy making up a time and tattoo it on his arm to make it true.

jalopnik.com/here-s-the-data-from-ed-bolian-s-record-setting-cross-c-1648466595

Yes, that's right, there's data – and lots of it. It's in the form of a giant 282-page PDF document created by GeoForce, the GPS tracking firm that was hired by Ed to (unwittingly) keep tabs on his entire run, from start to finish. It lists coordinates and speeds; locations and mileage – 7,832 total data points, spread out over 2,800 miles of driving. Although I first saw it a year ago, right after Ed's record-setting run, I spent some time thoroughly looking over it this weekend to prepare for this story – and I've reached two primary conclusions. Number one: It's a data geek's dream. And number two: It's tremendously incriminating.

et's start with the question I get most often: no, they weren't arrested. In fact, they weren't ticketed, their GPS data wasn't subpoenaed, and they didn't even hear from any tough-talking law enforcement agencies who threatened Ed and co-driver Dave with arrest should the pair ever return to their jurisdictions. In fact, Ed's closest brush with the law came weeks after the fact, when he was driving the 2004 Mercedes CL55 AMG that had been used to set the record.

"A local police officer pulled me over," Ed said. "When he came up to my window, he said, 'Ed, is that you?' It turns out that he just wanted to check out the car."

If you ask Ed, he'll tell you that the main reason he thinks he and Dave weren't subject to any legal scrutiny is that it would just be too hard to figure out who was driving. Sure, you could get the GPS data to prove that the car was moving at a certain speed in a certain place. But then you'd have to prove which driver was behind the wheel – a tough task, given that you'd have no eyewitnesses and two men who could hardly remember when they did their stints in the driver's seat.

fuck off most of your 1 liter clowncars can't even reach 100mph lmao

Why can't I find pics of this car?

Probably because they didn't enter the legit cannon ball run. So anyone who isn't in the competition cannot claim they beat the time or hold the record. They can claim fastest coast to coast time if they want. Same goes for the gumball which is a ralley style event you can hold the record in the gumball but not the record in the cannon ball. You have to pay to play no one cares about someone going out off season and winning a game against a team that wasn't playing.

I mean I want to see pics of it because it sounds neat

What
The cannonball and gumball aren't races anymore, they're rallies. Or expensive parties for rich people as OP said. Still sounds fun desu.

If you can go coast to coast faster than the record then you have the record, whether or not you have a bunch of stickers on your car.

They stopped the race because they didn't want to get sued when some asshole wrecks into a family a kills them, then rats on the organizers.

What about something like the Lemons rally?

even if you use the same route you still don't hold the record and you didn't really beat the record because you were not playing by the rules or the conditions set during the race. Remember there are tones of cops out and only 2 drivers allowed things like that. It's like saying you beat Michal Phelps in the Olympic swim competition and are faster then the gold metal time. but you did it in your home swimming pool not during the Olympics not with official timers and pool conditions.